Game 37: Germany vs Denmark live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Saturday ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Seems so strange, all those fans left out there while the players head inside for safety. 
Hope the delay isn’t too long. 

Just now, Rob1981 said:

Pougatch going to go into meltdown now. This is the true test of a pundit on live TV, having to fill ages and ages when you have even less to say than normal.

"Let's go live to the England camp, where I hear that Declan Rice is cowering behind the sofa. Gabriel?"

Just now, DJ said:

Joeri Mulder (ex-Schalke) is commentator on Dutch TV and takes a sly dig at the stadium :D 

I mean, its not a good stadium if it's just funneling rain on to the supporters and pitch is it  ? :D

• Administrators
Just now, Nordan said:

How long can they wait? 30 mins?

Something like that. Not sure what the contingency is. 

7 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

France v Ukraine game was stopped after a few minutes and then restarted an hour later.

But later that year was the Poland v England qualifier that got pushed back by a day because nobody had closed the stadium roof.

Chiles asking Keane when heavy rain becomes a downpour :lol:

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

I mean, its not a good stadium if it's just funneling rain on to the supporters and pitch is it  ? :D

It's hail and it's a whole April's worth of rain. Might be difficult to design a stadium to cope with that

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Chiles asking Keane when heavy rain becomes a downpour :lol:

Yeah, there was an England friendly pre-WC2014 as well. They were playing in Miami in a storm and I vividly remember the ITV boys frantically trying to stall for time when the game was stopped or delayed.

Even spoke to the match ref I think at one point. ”I know you’re the referee and not a weatherman but what do you think the weather is going to do?” :D 

this is always fun, looking at other forums and you've got "in my day, this game would still be going" and you've got people who say "the rulebook nowadays, lightning is a threat to the players" :D

reminds me of when it rains in F1 and people are whinging about safety cars being around when like in the football, the drivers safety is paramount