Game 39: Spain vs Georgia live from the Cologne Stadium. ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Astafjevs said:

He's well out of the way before the shot is taken, and doesn't make a play for the ball, I don't mind that being given. It's very different to Dumfries

Yeah, Morata was of a distraction for the keeper trying to view the shot. Than Dumfries being next to a keeper not attempting to dive for a ball already passed him

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

Dumfries was stood next to the keeper where he wanted to dive 

Then he should have dived. I think both incidents are onside.

But Morata impeding vision their is more of an obstacle for the keeper, than Maignan not even attempting to dive for a shot that was passed him by the time he’d stood back up from his previous save. Dumfries didn’t impede him

1 minute ago, VamPook said:

Pretty obvious Dumfries affects the keeper from even diving

the keeper didn’t even try to dive in that one. It was a complete nonsense of a call.

If Morata doesn't move, or makes a play for the ball, it's a definite offside. Because you can't stand in the goalkeeper's view. But he did neither so I can see why it's given

Or if he moves after the shot is taken, should also be offside in this scenario too. But again I don't think he did this

Edited by Astafjevs

The stats really don't tell the story of the half at all do they :D Georgia have been great. Spain clearly have a threat and forced keeper into good saves, but without anything super clear as such. Deserve to be level though. Really fun game.

Yeah Spain goal is fine... hard to argue otherwise really

Ominous the way they're settling into possession. We need a howler to let Georgia back in on the break. Stray square pass or something

Edited by ceefax the cat

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

the keeper didn’t even try to dive in that one. It was a complete nonsense of a call.

I feel like there's more that split second where he can't dive because  Dumfries is possibly in the way. He was literally almost next to him after all.

It took England 95 minutes to have 1 shot on target. 

After 45 minutes Spain have had 6. The comparisons between two big teams making life hard for themselves just don’t sit right with me. 

4 minutes ago, VamPook said:

I feel like there's more that split second where he can't dive because  Dumfries is possibly in the way. He was literally almost next to him after all.

I’d have to see it again, but from what I remember, he was still getting to his feet as the strike was hit, once he knew her was getting nowhere near it, he was already pointing at Dumfries. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo7 said:

It took England 95 minutes to have 1 shot on target. 

After 45 minutes Spain have had 6. The comparisons between two big teams making life hard for themselves just don’t sit right with me. 

But Slovakia are a well coached, oiled machine.