Game 42: Portugal vs Slovenia live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are struggling to sleep just watch Slovenia play football. Crap going forward but really organised defensively which makes for rubbish games.

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

If you are struggling to sleep just watch Slovenia play football. Crap going forward but really organised defensively which makes for rubbish games.

Yeah, let's blame the team with 2.5 top level players and not the dross like Portugal, England or France with billion euro squads taking as few risks as possible.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yeah, let's blame the team with 2.5 top level players and not the dross like Portugal, England or France with billion euro squads taking as few risks as possible.

Tbf I don't think he was necessarily criticising/blaming them.

Edited by Baptista_8

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

As few risks as possible? 

Low risk is not the problem, we're playing with Ronaldo, Jota, Conceição, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, 2 attacking fullbacks all at once. The problem is poor choices and too much reliance on a fading star

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

As few risks as possible? 

Low risk is not the problem, we're playing with Ronaldo, Jota, Conceição, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, 2 attacking fullbacks all at once. The problem is poor choices and too much reliance on a fading star

I'd say that taking Vitinha out against a team that poses no real thread instead of Palhinha is not taking enough risk.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

I'd say that taking Vitinha out against a team that poses no real thread instead of Palhinha is not taking enough risk.

Yes let's play 7 forwards instead of 6, that will fix things

Just now, Smallen said:

I’m all for the lineos delaying offside calls but they’ve been so egregious with it in this game :D 

They have, but tbf that last one absolutely should be left just in case. Was a fairly clear chance, even though they messed it up 

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The two are obvious, who’s the half? I feel like I’m watching Georgia again, except the names are slightly less intimidating to guess (and therefore, more likely to make a mess of).

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

The two are obvious, who’s the half? I feel like I’m watching Georgia again, except the names are slightly less intimidating to guess (and therefore, more likely to make a mess of).

Bijol is a really good CB in the making.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Rob after 90 minutes are done and Portugal have served up a 0-0 against Slovenia 

image.gif.c70fda5d2226f69d4e260af4ccbc74ef.gif

Very similar stats to England in the dead rubber too. :D The pundits probably would talk about how scandalous it is that a team packed full of talent can't even score against a team with "Slo" in the name, but they'll run out of time to gush over Ronaldo

Rob if Slovenia score

image.png.6d2e69dfcb0dfc6cc6e4c76f2db45ff0.png

Edited by enigmatic

Just now, Haguey said:

Enjoying the pundits saying Slovenia are a very very solid team, actually

Amazing how much they’ve improved since last week.

Joao Felix warming up since the 1st half, if he ever comes in he will be as tired as the rest of the players.