who do you hope wins

England, especially if we still don't play very well in any of the remaining games.

I think the forum would actually explode.

Otherwise let Austria or Switzerland have a turn.

England, obviously, but I'll be honest and say that during the Slovakia game there was a part of me that hoped we'd go out because I couldn't bear the thought of watching England play like that again.  Then Jude scored, and my true self revealed itself at 100000000 decibels and sod it, I'd happily watch John Stones pass the ball to his left 100 times a match 5 foot outside our own box if it meant we went all the way. 

If not us, I'd love to see Portugal get to the final, just because I can't get enough of the Ronaldo show. It's just great tv all around. 

Posted (edited)

Spain have been the best team by a mile so far for me, would be deserving champs at this stage but so many potential pitfalls still left until a final

failing that, I'd like to see Austria win it.  Forum wise though, it would be interesting to see @Rob1981find every bad comment about Southgate and quote it for the next year if England won it :D

Edited by TM

If I take England out of the equation then I'd like to see Germany win the Cup. Just like seeing them do well.

Spain would be deserving champions, so far anyway. So wouldn't be against them winning it either.

9 minutes ago, TM said:

Forum wise though, it would be interesting to see @Rob1981find every bad comment about Southgate and quote it for the next year

There’s really no point. People are too far gone. He will still be a failure because we didn’t swagger through with a load of 5-0 wins, and because he wasted those previous tournaments that any decent manager would have won as well.

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

There’s really no point. People are too far gone. He will still be a failure because we didn’t swagger through with a load of 5-0 wins, and because he wasted those previous tournaments that any decent manager would have won as well.

We're not greece!

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

you don't think people would celebrate if England won the Euros? :D

surely even the hardened Southgate supporter knows that performance against Slovakia was terrible until Bellingham's goal? the English media and probably the majority of fans had all the knives out until they had to put them back

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

He is not a failure. But from a totally unbiased opinion he just isn't an elite level football manager either, he just is an average-good one.

5 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

He is not a failure. But from a totally unbiased opinion he just isn't an elite level football manager either, he just is an average-good one.

Nobody has ever said he is an elite level football manager :D

I'm cheering on Austria and Switzerland. Romania too, if they get past The Netherlands. I want some new winners.

Of the big nations, Spain or Germany, I guess, since they're at least trying to play football.

As for England... I'm of split mind about that one. Lot of you would become unbearable but, dammit, I also want to see Rob's smugness on display :D 

40 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Monumental gap between 5-0 wins and what we're serving up, but yeah, that's what we want, 5-0 wins! :D

35 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Below average comfortably

1 hour ago, Rob1981 said:

England, especially if we still don't play very well in any of the remaining games.

I think the forum would actually explode.

Otherwise let Austria or Switzerland have a turn.

I bloody knew you were enjoying SouthgateBall! :D

I think England win, you need to luck to win trophies and they're getting it.

I wouldn't mind Portugal due to the Wolves connections, would like Romania doing well as they're probably the 2nd most followed national team in the area.

8 minutes ago, eenie said:

I bloody knew you were enjoying SouthgateBall! :D

Unless something changes it will be pretty hard to defend this year... even if we win.  It looks like it would still be him choosing a squad that he doesn't really seem to understand, then somehow getting away with it.  Rather than having an actual plan and then digging his heels in to select players that fit with it... even if they aren't the 'best' based on club form.

At the moment he's not really doing all the things I've always championed him for.

But if we turn up and beat Switzerland 3-0 then it's all forgiven.

Posted (edited)

There’s no one I want to win less than Portugal because Pepe is a terrible thug, and Ronaldo is a raging bellend and sex pest.

Obvious answer is England, but after that my preference would be:

Switzerland
Netherlands
Turkey
France/Spain/Germany
Portugal

Swiss and Turkey only sides not to win before (England aside), but considering the Turkish fans history of attacking and even killing rival fans at club level (see Leeds fans in 2000), plus the violence that seems to happen regularly in their home league including the recent events of an official being attacked by a club chairman it’s hard to want to get behind them too much, though the team itself has been fun to watch. Still, would be more fun them winning than Spain or Germany for a fourth time, or France a third.

Edited by sebsy

52 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Part of me wants to see Portugal win without CR scoring a goal. See if he cries or not.

I can already hear the massive SIIIIIIII after he scores a 90th minute penalty to win the whole thing against England. :cool:

Surprised to see so many hoping for Portugal to win; they are my least liked team because they have a number of detestable characters.

For me if not England probably France or Germany because of their Arsenal players.

End of the day don't really care that much about the winner tbh. Probably only couldn't stand the narcissist Cristiano winning something.

On paper, it would have been nice of England to play well and win, but unfortunately it's Southgate at the helm. And then on second thought, there's also all the deluded It's Coming Home pests, so, nah. The continued Kane curse also pretty funny.

So far I would say Spain deserves to win based on how all their games have been going and their different styles of play. Pity they only have a pretty useless Morata up front otherwise I'm sure they would have been steamrolling everyone

I always liked underachievers like Netherlands(previously Spain) to succeed. Would be nice for VvD/Gakpo as well. So probably go with them.