How is Expected Goals Prevented / 90 Calculated?

As the title says how is the Expected Goals Prevented / 90 calculated?
As i was looking at a scouting report for a new GK I saw a the Expect Goals Prevent / 90 stat and thought I would compare it to my Goal Keeper

I could see that my GK has an Expected Goals Prevented Goal / 90 Stat of - 1.44
Initially I assumed that this meant that my GK was letting in 1.44 goals a match more than he should be but my GK has conceded less than a goal per match.
So I thought maybe he is saving 1.44 expected goals a match but I thought the minus sign does not make sense.
I checked a few more GKs to try and work it out and saw that the Arsenal GK has a EGP/90 of - 3.19 buthas conceded more than a goal per match. So is his team extected to concede shed loads per match?

Any help will be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.a28c6c402ac54cc9bdca812246aadc2d.png

oimage.thumb.png.474ed018b8140daed3055cfedfe55050.png

My understanding is it’s the cumulative xG of shots that are saved averaged over the amount of games. The lower score seemingly better, which seems counter intuitive I do agree.

I think what’s helping Costa out here is penalties, as he’s conceded 0 out of 5 faced.

@gunner86 thanks for the reply. 

I would agree that I thought a lower score is better but then when I look at the league rankings it has the highest number ranked at 1. Also my gk is ranked at 1.05 goal per match expected goals saved / 90 which means he should have saved 31.5 goals in his 30 Premiere league matches which is an interesting stat considering he has only conceded 26.

image.thumb.png.083a046793d84a69b9516aa82fe684c6.png

The penalty stats also show how many they have faced with the saves in brackets as you can see below.

image.thumb.png.522657f90375fbd9dca255e4b8e5fd52.png

image.thumb.png.e27cf0e79a390a79b150d0394f664fe8.png

It's an issue with that screen.  It calculates the xGP for each competition, but in the donut charts it then adds those together.

13 hours ago, GIMN said:

It's an issue with that screen.  It calculates the xGP for each competition, but in the donut charts it then adds those together.

Gotta do something at 4:55 on a Friday I guess 😂

Still makes very little sense to me. My GK has only saved 1.44 Expected goals over all competitions but a worse GK that is performing worse has saved more.