Specs for 2025

I have to buy a new computer as my current PC is broken.  I would like to know if there is any information anywhere about what the recommended specs will be for FM 2025, so that I can have a new PC built to that standard.  Thankyou.

I'm no tech expert, but I was wondering if we might see FM25 utilise multi core architecture? And if so, this might not require such a big leap in cpu requirements from FM24 to FM25?

The best and only advice I have ever needed and used for buying a PC is to buy the most powerful one your budget allows. More is always better. Bigger numbers/capacity is always better. It's also a lot cheaper to buy the components yourself and assemble it. This does not take significant IT experience.

FM will run on really quite modest machines, you'll just be limited on graphics and have greater processing times. Neither of these things has ever negatively affected my FM experience.

Ask in the thread @Internomad it's not all about biggest numbers and most money you can afford. 

It's about processing power, capable RAM efficiency, graphics card, storage etc.

Sometimes some computers are priced higher because they are built for a purpose, like portability. And these likely have processors that are designed to run at lower speeds to preserve power when not plugged in.

These types of processors and configurations can limit FM by throttling the components to preserve energy. 

And sometimes these computers can be priced a bit higher than others. 

I wouldn't say throwing your entire budget at something is the answer - it's about finding what's right for you, portability, desktop replacement, plugged in, not plugged in - if you are going to use the computer for other tasks, like animation or video editing etc. 

There's a few considerations 

On 22/07/2024 at 17:06, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I'm no PC expert but it's a wise choice to stay away from the Intel CPU dumpster fire right now. 

https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a

There is no fix for Intel’s crashing 13th and 14th Gen CPUs — any damage is permanent

====

Nice that choices start to be limited, to be honest.

There is a fix if there is no issue currently.

There's no fix for those already in trouble.

Incredible this happens.

A few lines of code