The Inconsistency of Player Value

Hello, 

I am 15+ years into a save with St Patrick's Athletic in the Rep. of Ireland. The fluctuation of the player value has become extremely frustrating.  I'm not sure whether its because of how the Irish league aligns with the rest of the world... but here is my problem:

The Irish league is ranked 16th in the world. I have got to the QF of the Champions League the last 4 seasons and I have accumulated a lot of very high quality wonderkids. Of course, there will be interest. However, for example,  my Serbian wonderkid who at the end of the season is valued at 11 million, was 6 months ago attracting offers of over 140 million total. I am guessing a player's value is based on form? In my circumstances, I get these big offers just as I am mid-way through the league phase of the CL. Maybe this is why I get the offers so high at this stage? The game has calculated that it would be a 'difficult' time to sell a player considering I cannot replace him due to the transfer window being closed? This is only one example of what I would consider half of my squad. this means that at the end of the season, I cannot sell players unless I went to sell them for well below what they are worth, forcing me to sell players mid season.

To conclude, I feel that I am at a disadvantage due to the fact that teams are selling players for a lot more than what I can receive, unless I sell mid season. I just don't think value should drop that drastically, 11 to 140 just seems extreme to me. 

Let me know your thoughts, maybe this has always been the case and I have never noticed it. Maybe there is a reason for it all. 

Thanks!

• XaW locked this topic