Any news on the future of editing in FM25?

I know editing is so far down the FM foodchain that there won't be any grand announcements, but with the major changes to the next version I'm wondering if there will be changes (good or bad) for editors.

For all it's flaws and complications, the current version of the editor is amazingly powerful but hasn't been completely overhauled in years. The dead giveaway is when you choose 'use real fixtures' and the example date shown is from 2009, but there's also references to the Australian league that hasn't existed for 20 years, COVID rescheduling etc...

Presumably the same data will be the base for competitions in the new game, but am wondering how different (if at all) the editor will look, and whether we'll be able to do advanced rules from day one or it'll be hidden again to stop people from breaking the new game on launch.

What's already in the editor is so good (albeit so much of it unexplained, relying on trial and error or the experience of others to use) there doesn't need to be a great leap forward, but I'd be interested to know if we should look forward to/fear any major changes in design or functionality rather than being surprised on release.

There's been a decade of suggestions to improve things already in there which either can't be used (changing regen name pools, setting regen nations for clubs] or need complicated workarounds to get right [drafts, all star games, national service etc...] but I'm more pessimistic and think editing will go backwards for a couple of years under the new version.

SI people, if you're reading is there any insights you can give about the future of editing in FM?

Hopefully able to get age restricted teams to work correctly. Currently trying to fix my Canadian Football pyramid so the high school teams feed into university, then university players drafted to the pro league. Currently the pro league never drafts a single player from the university teams

9 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

whether we'll be able to do advanced rules from day one or it'll be hidden again to stop people from breaking the new game on launch.

What's this? I almost exclusively use advanced rules, can't remember it ever being hidden though.

I don't expect there will be anything said by SI about the editor. It's a we'll know when it releases and we have access to it kind of thing unfortunately.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

What's this? I almost exclusively use advanced rules, can't remember it ever being hidden though.

I don't expect there will be anything said by SI about the editor. It's a we'll know when it releases and we have access to it kind of thing unfortunately.

It was hidden until maybe 10 years ago but after that I don't think it was ever hidden. 

The editor news,or lack thereof, is a sad state of affairs. 

I've noticed on various Facebook or Reddit groups etc that when people talk about the editor they typically mean the in-game editor. 

The one thing I am expecting to see is that the difference between men and women game will become more visible with correct filters and such.

One thing I am waiting to see what is going to happen is with nations, as they are currently used as a nation team and a country. This will have to change (if it doesn't it could mean extra nations though :D )

But, as you can make up from my expectations, I know nothing more than you do.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

The one thing I am expecting to see is that the difference between men and women game will become more visible with correct filters and such.

One thing I am waiting to see what is going to happen is with nations, as they are currently used as a nation team and a country. This will have to change (if it doesn't it could mean extra nations though :D )

I am going to focus my Beta on things that can break because of the addition of the women's game. Nation is one thing but surely they've done that...

Names are an obvious thing, just like that clubs have both a male as well as a female team. 

Some of this is gameplay but I'll try to check for signs it's separate where it needs to be separate and combined where it needs to be combined I can just imagine the moans when the first male wonderkid is named Emma or Patrizia. :lol:

I'm expecting the option to scout the next opposition with drones :lol:

9 hours ago, Fredrik said:

It was hidden until maybe 10 years ago but after that I don't think it was ever hidden. 

The editor news,or lack thereof, is a sad state of affairs. 

I've noticed on various Facebook or Reddit groups etc that when people talk about the editor they typically mean the in-game editor. 

Hi

yes you are right it was hard work using xml  files in notepad :D

IMO the major changes will be on the graphic side and that is where there will be issues in that graphic mods may be limited/if available at all

hoping for some improvements to the editor[we can all hope;)] but wont hold my breath for any feedback from SI on this

13 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The panel was hidden and you had to go through a process to get it. It was a great step when they introduced it as default.   

4 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

The panel was hidden and you had to go through a process to get it. It was a great step when they introduced it as default.   

the good old comp.fmf file:D those were the days, I still convert a lot of files to xml and use notepad + to do a few things 

regards the FM25 editor IMO there wont be major changes we will still be able to edit- but unknown to what degree

its the graphics that will see the major changes possibly somethings may be locked down by SI and not allow any modding to be done

and there will not be the volume/if any mods for skins etc due to this

Edited by Roy Race 9

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, only "feature" I'd like to see is to import database from FM24 to FM25..

OK, I know that is already possible, and I do it every year.. but with complete overhaul of the future game, somehow I doubt that this DB import will be possible..

I will go even this far, and write it - we will be happy if we get Data Editor at all in FM25, especially on game release..

Last 10 years we saw some changes in Editor itself, but it would be better if some advanced features would be available in basic rules / editing..

23 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

Honestly, only "feature" I'd like to see is to import database from FM24 to FM25..

OK, I know that is already possible, and I do it every year.. but with complete overhaul of the future game, somehow I doubt that this DB import will be possible..

I will go even this far, and write it - we will be happy if we get Data Editor at all in FM25, especially on game release..

Last 10 years we saw some changes in Editor itself, but it would be better if some advanced features would be available in basic rules / editing..

Good question. Looking at it, my biggest doubt is how the women football world will be integrated. The nation currently as the men football nation means that nations, cities, local regions will change, so that's a nice one. Could set me back in a few projects as well.

On 14/08/2024 at 04:16, Luke Cro said:

Not expecting an editor on release either. There's already the risk of the brand-new version of the game having a million bugs to fix after release, I feel like they won't want to complicate that process by having people (e.g. us!) testing it with 20 level English databases, fictional nations and advanced rules split seasons with average points tables.

I'm in the minority of FM players who use it as a football world simulator rather than a management game, so I'm really hoping that there are improvements to how that's done in the new version (and just to be clear, I think the game does an amazing job of this at the moment but some tune-ups will make it even better) but will hold off until the editing capabilities are at least equal to what we've got now.   

I agree.. I use editor (as many others) to play unplayable leagues.. I prefer lower league management.. 

So without editor - no fun..

Hell, I even spend more time in Editor than in game itself lol

This is merely opinion from my side (I unfortunately do not have any inside information), but my educated guess is that @Luke Cro is closest to the mark when saying loading FM24 into FM25 might have issues.I am expecting an editor. The reason is that a new graphics engine doesn't make a difference for the files that the editor needs. This also makes it less likely that the person involved with the editor is needed to work on the graphics side of things (one person can't do everything).

On the note of refunds, if I could refund the game and keep the editor, that would keep me occupied for a while :D

On 15/08/2024 at 18:36, rusty217 said:

No editor on release would mean I fill out a refund request on Steam.

I would not play FM without the editor. Just won't happen.

On 16/08/2024 at 00:39, Wolf_pd said:

This is merely opinion from my side (I unfortunately do not have any inside information), but my educated guess is that @Luke Cro is closest to the mark when saying loading FM24 into FM25 might have issues.I am expecting an editor. The reason is that a new graphics engine doesn't make a difference for the files that the editor needs. This also makes it less likely that the person involved with the editor is needed to work on the graphics side of things (one person can't do everything).

On the note of refunds, if I could refund the game and keep the editor, that would keep me occupied for a while :D

I agree with both of you here, as Wolf says there will be an editor[the major changes will be on the graphics side] so cant see it making much difference

but if there wasnt going to be one then SI would need to state that prior to the game launch and users like us wouldnt buy it.Perhaps we need to ask SI nearer the time so there is a clear answer from them.

sad to say editing takes up approx 90% of my time game play is limited

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is going to be an editor and it will be release from day one. I don't remember an editor delay during the reign of Football Manager. Don't remember the days of Championship Manager.

I also think, there won't be any announcements regarding to the editor, we will have to learn them by ourselves on release day. We will be headless chickens trying to find out what certain new tools do, as we experiment with them, since there isn't any guides, tips, bullet points or whatever. Some are going to be useful and others will go in obscurity, where it will remain until the end of times, since no one has no clue what they do or what to do with them.

There is going to be bugs, that doesn't permit us to do certain things in the first couple of months of release. In some cases bugs are fixed (in some occasions only in the new year or more) or they are not fixed and then we hope these bugs are fixed onto a new version of the editor, coming following November.

Then repeat the cycle.

My predictions is that nothing is going to change in terms of data. We will a lot more in it and we will notice bigger jump on UIDs when creating new stuff in the editor comparing FM24 and FM25. There is going to be more people and more teams. Nations and other stuff that adding women's football doesn't affect directly will not change see massive changes. You still won't be able to added Nations. A few data is going to be added in terms of cities and local regions (do they add Local regions in each version? it is something I don't track off) probably in other parts, as well. But these changes are going to be noticeable by handful of us.

:D

44 minutes ago, grade said:

I think there is going to be an editor and it will be release from day one. I don't remember an editor delay during the reign of Football Manager. Don't remember the days of Championship Manager.

I also think, there won't be any announcements regarding to the editor, we will have to learn them by ourselves on release day. We will be headless chickens trying to find out what certain new tools do, as we experiment with them, since there isn't any guides, tips, bullet points or whatever. Some are going to be useful and others will go in obscurity, where it will remain until the end of times, since no one has no clue what they do or what to do with them.

There is going to be bugs, that doesn't permit us to do certain things in the first couple of months of release. In some cases bugs are fixed (in some occasions only in the new year or more) or they are not fixed and then we hope these bugs are fixed onto a new version of the editor, coming following November.

Then repeat the cycle.

My predictions is that nothing is going to change in terms of data. We will a lot more in it and we will notice bigger jump on UIDs when creating new stuff in the editor comparing FM24 and FM25. There is going to be more people and more teams. Nations and other stuff that adding women's football doesn't affect directly will not change see massive changes. You still won't be able to added Nations. A few data is going to be added in terms of cities and local regions (do they add Local regions in each version? it is something I don't track off) probably in other parts, as well. But these changes are going to be noticeable by handful of us.

:D

Since when are you part of SI that you can predict this all so well? I will revisit this the day after release to check, but you seem to know more than I do! 

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Since when are you part of SI that you can predict this all so well? I will revisit this the day after release to check, but you seem to know more than I do! 

I'm not part of SI.

But it has been SI's modus operandi since FM10 or earlier, regarding the editor.

I'm sorry if it comes out a bit cocky the way I said it. But I'm quite sure it has been this way since FM10 or earlier.

If you have proof to the contrary, please share it. :D I will be the first to say I was wrong.

2 hours ago, grade said:

I'm not part of SI.

But it has been SI's modus operandi since FM10 or earlier, regarding the editor.

I'm sorry if it comes out a bit cocky the way I said it. But I'm quite sure it has been this way since FM10 or earlier.

If you have proof to the contrary, please share it. :D I will be the first to say I was wrong.

I see an attempt at plausible deniability :D

I saw a plausible prediction. Honestly, any other prediction is just fear. Fear of SI breaking something. 

AFAIR there wasn't an editor for CM4(or was it FM4 can't remember). 

1 hour ago, Fredrik said:

I saw a plausible prediction. Honestly, any other prediction is just fear. Fear of SI breaking something. 

AFAIR there wasn't an editor for CM4(or was it FM4 can't remember). 

I am just having a little fun. ;)
I agree,  @grade has a plausible prediction. Right now there are no signs to assume his prediction is wrong.
Some people are nervous because SI hasn't shared much, but they are at least not sharing less. Discussion can be had if they are sharing that much more than before.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am just having a little fun. ;)
I agree,  @grade has a plausible prediction. Right now there are no signs to assume his prediction is wrong.
Some people are nervous because SI hasn't shared much, but they are at least not sharing less. Discussion can be had if they are sharing that much more than before.

Naughty, naughty... :lol:

If SI breaks something important in game, they fix it in record time. If something breaks in the editor, don't expect things to get fixed in matter of days, or weeks... Months and pray they do fix it. ;)

I'm not nervous about the new game... just curious. More curious regarding the editor with women's football inclusion, because I have massive file I need to plan it accordingly.

Here is another prediction. SI will announce with some video talking about new graphics, the new UI and women's football in early September (SI prediction, not mine) with release date (my prediction is early November) and the rest of the features are going to be revealed with blog posts in between.

It's the SI way of late. :D I do miss the weekly vlogs (presented by a blond guy) that were released a few years back... don't remember what version it was.

7 hours ago, grade said:

I'm not nervous about the new game... just curious. More curious regarding the editor with women's football inclusion, because I have massive file I need to plan it accordingly.

I am hoping to be able to expand my football world to 500 nations. Would mean no women football though.

On 30/08/2024 at 03:43, Wolf_pd said:

I am hoping to be able to expand my football world to 500 nations. Would mean no women football though.

I'd really love the ability to add extra nations, rather than just re-using existing/extinct ones.

One of my ideas to deal with Russia was to just split it up into a bunch of nations based on its constituent republics/ethnicities, spread out over Europe and Asia. Could've been interesting, but as I looked into it more and realised just how many new nations that would be it wouldn't be possible. So yeah, come on SI let us add new nations!

13 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'd really love the ability to add extra nations, rather than just re-using existing/extinct ones.

One of my ideas to deal with Russia was to just split it up into a bunch of nations based on its constituent republics/ethnicities, spread out over Europe and Asia. Could've been interesting, but as I looked into it more and realised just how many new nations that would be it wouldn't be possible. So yeah, come on SI let us add new nations!

I would love to add more nations. At least adding those nations not represented in game such as Greenland and others in similar situations.

12 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

@Wolf_pd we still cant load xmls in game without verification with editor?

Not that I am aware, but I don't use the XML function much except when I am comparing files.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

@Wolf_pd we still cant load xmls in game without verification with editor?

Nothing works! Game and editor is worse year by year. Anyone with brain in SI?

Hi mate convert the xml to fmf

we can load fmf files without verification I am doing that;)

Edited by Roy Race 9

Not that I am aware, but I don't use the XML function much except when I am comparing files.

I have working file and verification is problem. After every change i need to spend hours to get verification. It was easier to add verf manualy and test in game. Much easier to find possible issues. I wish i can speak with some devs and ask them whats their problem. Unreal. They cant fix old bugs but hey lets fu*kup something else. Average tuesday at SI office.

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I have working file and verification is problem. After every change i need to spend hours to get verification. It was easier to add verf manualy and test in game. Much easier to find possible issues. I wish i can speak with some devs and ask them whats their problem. Unreal. They cant fix old bugs but hey lets fu*kup something else. Average tuesday at SI office.

I really understand you're feeling... But I doubt any dev will participate on these forums (despite saying they keep an eye on the forums... :onmehead:). Anyway, if you... the master of the editor is at a loss... we are all doomed. :D

Kiddying aside, in every new version, it seems we have to jump through new hoops, to get the file working. I did my UEFA competitions files with help. While I was working the file Ammer, would say, you can't do that, because there is bug in such a place... nope, not that either, do this instead... :seagull: It boggles my mind, how SI is okay with this.

Yeah, I feel we are abandoned for several years, if it was for this side of the community, I would have given up FM a long time ago... It has been requested guides, help and whatnot and all has been ignored... well not bugs, some are fixed.

Yes, Still holding the hope SI to see their wrong ways and bring back FM Classic with Editor enable for it. Yes I'm bit :idiot:

Edited by grade

:kriss:

I am trying as hard as I can guys. I am as much an editor as I am moderator.  I understand the frustration, but please keep the language friendly.

12 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am trying as hard as I can guys. I am as much an editor as I am moderator.  I understand the frustration, but please keep the language friendly.

It is NOT your fault. You do the best you can, when you can. It is SI as the majority of SI dev team avoid these forum like there is plague in here. That plague is name trolls.

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Sorry for that - dont wanna make problems on your side because i have respect for you. On the other hand - i have 0 respect to anyone who is responsible for development of this game. They simply dont understand this - only reason why this game is still on the top is because they dont have any good competition. Only reason. Not their good work. Their work is far from good!
I wish one day some other good game similar to this is gonna happen to fm community. Only then will they start paying attention on customer feedback. Not because they care about our opinion. Only because they care about their money.

Simply sad.

:thdn::thdn::thdn:

I answered one thread in bugs section last year i think.

My message was about answered bug threads. I had more answered threads and questions compared to guys who are "responsible" to that.

They should delete that section.

Its worthless like 90% of their work on editor.

Not to mention fraud about game release date. You sold game as finished product and use false advertising. Game is full of bugs every time you release it and customers need to wait until december in order to get what they paid for. If this is not fraud i dont know what is.

Also this now -FM25 Release Date DELAYED and International Management REMOVED

so dont hold your breath on the editor getting looked at,as it sounds like SI are way behind schedule and the editor is probably last on the list, they dont care about it.

Spoiler

FM25 Revised Release Timeline

We previously stated that we would be confirming FM25’s release date at the beginning of September (with pre-orders starting at the same time), closely followed by our gameplay rollout period. 

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter. Our target launch date has moved accordingly and is now scheduled for late November, rather than our usual early November slot.

The FM25 development cycle has been challenging for the whole team. We knew that moving the entire game to the Unity engine was going to be a complex endeavour. As we’ve gotten deeper into the process and gained learnings, it’s fair to say it’s been trickier than we originally anticipated. The entire dev team has been challenged in a myriad of new ways and are doing an incredible job in the process. I’m excited to eventually share our hard work with you but we need a little more time before we can do that. 

As I outlined in June’s blog, we’ve consistently held ourselves accountable to the same three core questions:

• Would we do it in the same way if we had our time again?
  • Would we have done this at all?
  • Do we have the time required to do this to the highest possible standard, in our first cycle of a new era?

International Management Removed

The challenges we’ve encountered in the development process over the last couple of months have led us to make another difficult decision around game content: international management will not be a playable mode in FM25, FM25 Console or FM25 Touch. 

Coming off the back of a summer of tournament football and with this week even being an international break, we’ve looked really hard at international management in FM and determined that what we were planning to deliver wouldn’t reach our initial quality threshold. 

We also considered the available game data. Only 5.6% of all FM24 PC saves have used the mode, which we feel validates our view that we need to do much, much better with the experience. That number is even smaller on Console. 

So, rather than delay FM25 even further, we’ve paused work on that area of the game and allocated those resources to other key areas. It will continue to exist in FM25, FM25 Console and FM25 Touch as part of the wider simulation of world football, it just won’t be playable. 

However, international management will remain playable in FM25 Mobile as that’s on a different development track and codebase. For all other versions, international management will return in a much more feature-rich way to FM26, FM26 Console and FM26 Touch in what will be an exciting year for international football with the World Cup expanding to 48 teams. To be clear, this will return as part of the base game and not as any form of additional downloadable content. 

While difficult, these decisions are made for the good of the game and the majority of our players. We are determined to ensure that FM25, the first game in a new engine, is as good as it can be in the time we have. By pushing back FM25’s release date, we’ve given ourselves a few extra weeks of development time to try to deliver the best experience that we can for this first in the new era of Football Manager releases. 

Testing Also Delayed

We also announced in June that we would be welcoming FMFC members within a reasonable travel vicinity to come to our campus in London and help with playtesting the new UI/UX of FM25. We received an enormous response to that, and I want to thank everyone who has volunteered and given us their availability. The playtesting will still be going ahead but as a result of the above milestones moving, the start date is shifting slightly. FMFC members who have applied will be contacted shortly with further date options as we begin to finalise the process.

This should be my last development update until we start focusing more on what’s in FM25. We have lots of good stuff to show you that we’re excited about but I want to re-iterate that FM25 is the first instalment in a new era for the game, one that will give us a lot more possibilities than we had with the previous chapter.

FM25 is just the starting point for what is a very exciting, long-term project.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, 

Miles Jacobson

Edited by Roy Race 9

1 hour ago, Roy Race 9 said:

Also this now -FM25 Release Date DELAYED and International Management REMOVED

so dont hold your breath on the editor getting looked at,as it sounds like SI are way behind schedule and the editor is probably last on the list, they dont care about it.

Reveal hidden contents

FM25 Revised Release Timeline

We previously stated that we would be confirming FM25’s release date at the beginning of September (with pre-orders starting at the same time), closely followed by our gameplay rollout period. 

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter. Our target launch date has moved accordingly and is now scheduled for late November, rather than our usual early November slot.

The FM25 development cycle has been challenging for the whole team. We knew that moving the entire game to the Unity engine was going to be a complex endeavour. As we’ve gotten deeper into the process and gained learnings, it’s fair to say it’s been trickier than we originally anticipated. The entire dev team has been challenged in a myriad of new ways and are doing an incredible job in the process. I’m excited to eventually share our hard work with you but we need a little more time before we can do that. 

As I outlined in June’s blog, we’ve consistently held ourselves accountable to the same three core questions:

• Would we do it in the same way if we had our time again?
  • Would we have done this at all?
  • Do we have the time required to do this to the highest possible standard, in our first cycle of a new era?

International Management Removed

The challenges we’ve encountered in the development process over the last couple of months have led us to make another difficult decision around game content: international management will not be a playable mode in FM25, FM25 Console or FM25 Touch. 

Coming off the back of a summer of tournament football and with this week even being an international break, we’ve looked really hard at international management in FM and determined that what we were planning to deliver wouldn’t reach our initial quality threshold. 

We also considered the available game data. Only 5.6% of all FM24 PC saves have used the mode, which we feel validates our view that we need to do much, much better with the experience. That number is even smaller on Console. 

So, rather than delay FM25 even further, we’ve paused work on that area of the game and allocated those resources to other key areas. It will continue to exist in FM25, FM25 Console and FM25 Touch as part of the wider simulation of world football, it just won’t be playable. 

However, international management will remain playable in FM25 Mobile as that’s on a different development track and codebase. For all other versions, international management will return in a much more feature-rich way to FM26, FM26 Console and FM26 Touch in what will be an exciting year for international football with the World Cup expanding to 48 teams. To be clear, this will return as part of the base game and not as any form of additional downloadable content. 

While difficult, these decisions are made for the good of the game and the majority of our players. We are determined to ensure that FM25, the first game in a new engine, is as good as it can be in the time we have. By pushing back FM25’s release date, we’ve given ourselves a few extra weeks of development time to try to deliver the best experience that we can for this first in the new era of Football Manager releases. 

Testing Also Delayed

We also announced in June that we would be welcoming FMFC members within a reasonable travel vicinity to come to our campus in London and help with playtesting the new UI/UX of FM25. We received an enormous response to that, and I want to thank everyone who has volunteered and given us their availability. The playtesting will still be going ahead but as a result of the above milestones moving, the start date is shifting slightly. FMFC members who have applied will be contacted shortly with further date options as we begin to finalise the process.

This should be my last development update until we start focusing more on what’s in FM25. We have lots of good stuff to show you that we’re excited about but I want to re-iterate that FM25 is the first instalment in a new era for the game, one that will give us a lot more possibilities than we had with the previous chapter.

FM25 is just the starting point for what is a very exciting, long-term project.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, 

Miles Jacobson

If you read the development blog, the issue is Unity integration.

Competitions and editor are not per se related to Unity integration.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

yes agreed but the editor wont be a priority,it never has been

we see the same bugs nearly every new release

some get fixed in the xmas patch, but happen again when a new game is released, its frustrating and SI have some excellent users on these forums who could/would Beta test for them 

there is no excuse the editor should be released with the beta release of the game but some should be testing before that

as well

not having a go at you BTW you are superb as a Mod here and should be involved with the product moving it forward IMO

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I like to agree, but probably being behind schedule, the Editor will be low on the priority list.

I don't expect much from the game, let alone from the Editor... It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yes agreed but the editor wont be a priority,it never has been

we see the same bugs nearly every new release

some get fixed in the xmas patch, but happen again when a new game is released, its frustrating and SI have some excellent users on these forums who could/would Beta test for them

Yeah i noticed that on some regular bugs in last 10 years. On new version everything is same again like they forget to update their original folders :D

You can be developer for any software company - this doesnt mean you are not confused as chickens at sunset.

8 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

not having a go at you BTW you are superb as a Mod here and should be involved with the product moving it forward IMO

On that note, I think it would be a good idea to create a bug report thread this year and whoever logs a bug in the editor sections (in game editor) as well, to post a link to it in that thread. It won't be a pretty thread :D but it will help us discuss the things I can try and chase. 

On that note, I think it would be a good idea to create a bug report thread this year and whoever logs a bug in the editor sections (in game editor) as well, to post a link to it in that thread. It won't be a pretty thread :D but it will help us discuss the things I can try and chase. 

This is probably a waste of time because in the past I have tried and tried to explain some bugs to the SI members involved in the bug section at the time. Some of the bugs we fixed after numerous messages - reappeared in the next version as if we had done nothing. So am I or anyone else wasting my time helping to fix something that won't get fixed at all or will be the same again in November? No thanks!

Until they change their attitude towards the editorial community, it is a worthless effort.

Also the bug section should not be open to noobs. There are so many reported "bugs" that can be solved with the knowledge of experienced players. 50% of the threads there are nonsense.

8-9 years ago there was 1 guy who worked at bugs section. Max was his name and he was the only one who understood and wanted to answer.

After him all we have is "under review" and "need more info" crap.

I know you want to help but better spend your free time doing someting usefull.

35 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

This is probably a waste of time because in the past I have tried and tried to explain some bugs to the SI members involved in the bug section at the time. Some of the bugs we fixed after numerous messages - reappeared in the next version as if we had done nothing. So am I or anyone else wasting my time helping to fix something that won't get fixed at all or will be the same again in November? No thanks!

It is not a waste of time. You will not have seen this, but I have been working hard to help point out the important issues from the last editor, to at least get it working to a certain extent. 

I admit, it has been just the biggest issues and not smaller niggly long time issues, but the editor when released last year was not great. By pointing out which way to go to SI, we at least got an editor that was usable.

We can't block the bug tracker, but I agree that it is important to point people the right way, a lot of issues can easily be solved with the right question in here. Maybe it would be good to make solutions more clear to users, so a user is visibly rerouted to the editors hideaway and issues are locked or something like that.

The fun part is, despite we seem to be disagreeing, I actually reading I can discuss with SI to improve the bug process :D Feedback is one I have mentioned several times last year, but just clearly locking issues and such is one I am going to propose so issues don't remain open.

9 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

but the editor when released last year was not great. By pointing out which way to go to SI, we at least got an editor that was usable.

If they need you for this they should lock their offices. After 20+ years of experience they need moderator for this???

Thats why i always say - cant hire people who dont have passion for the job. No matter how good they are in their field.

You can hire best developer in the world and if he dont have any knowlege about football - its worthless.

There was 1 guy before at bugs section - i tried to explain some problems related to complicated football league systems in order to fix "multiple instances of file" bug that was there at the time. It was related to mulitple instances of file when league have sub divisions.

After 5 days of messaging he understood 2%.

So...

Edited by krlenjushka

7 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

If they need you for this they should lock their offices. After 20+ years of experience they need moderator for this???

Thats why i always say - cant hire people who dont have passion for the job. No matter how good they are in their field.

You can hire best developer in the world and if he dont have any knowlege about football - its worthless.

You mean, they should hire me :D

You are not wrong saying that they should understand the tool, but they don't always understand how it is used. The vanilla stuff should work from the start. That's simple and I am pretty sure we both agree on that. That should also be simple to check. The more complex stuff is where testing is harder and where a few people from our side would really be helpfull to make sure the most egregious issues are fixed. But there is also the expectations that certain 'tricks' will keep on working, while this tricks are really just bugs in the software. When they are fixed it takes away a nice option we had which sucks from a user point of view, but is explanable from a technical point of view.

Anyway, I am getting too much in technical talk now.

I think we all agree that things can be much better in terms of attention to the editor and from my side I am just asking you to help me to get the necessary information to get SI to help us.

58 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

You mean, they should hire me :D

You are not wrong saying that they should understand the tool, but they don't always understand how it is used. The vanilla stuff should work from the start. That's simple and I am pretty sure we both agree on that. That should also be simple to check. The more complex stuff is where testing is harder and where a few people from our side would really be helpfull to make sure the most egregious issues are fixed. But there is also the expectations that certain 'tricks' will keep on working, while this tricks are really just bugs in the software. When they are fixed it takes away a nice option we had which sucks from a user point of view, but is explanable from a technical point of view.

Anyway, I am getting too much in technical talk now.

I think we all agree that things can be much better in terms of attention to the editor and from my side I am just asking you to help me to get the necessary information to get SI to help us.

I can agree on that. What exactly do you mean by "tricks"?