Problem with three letter abbreviation

Hello all,

I have no clue if this is the place to ask, but somehow I've run into this problem, and I think it is why I all of a sudden can't get the pretty faces on all the newgens.

image.thumb.png.8bde4c2fca26875b179cb187c2e93b3a.png

As you can see in the picture above, there is a flag at both "Nationality" and "2nd Nationality". The problem is that with the "2nd Nationality" there is the three letters next to the flag, but with "Nationality" there is not. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Looks fine on my end. Could be your skin? Try the default skin and see if it works then.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Looks fine on my end. Could be your skin? Try the default skin and see if it works then.

I have tried with three different skins with the same result, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Lasson said:

I have tried with three different skins with the same result, unfortunately.

What about the default one?

1 minute ago, Lasson said:

image.png.bf61d31616ec437c9555c32deb9eb523.png

This is the default skin.

Perhaps you should clear the cache then.

Just now, XaW said:

Then I don't know, sorry.

Thanks for trying. I don't know what to do anymore. I think I have tried almost everything. I even tried deleting the folder with logos for the Nations. The result was that the flag dissapeared but nothing else showed up, the column was just empty.

16 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Have you tried with different screen resolutions?
Just wondering if column is too small and hence removing the image.

I can make the column very wide and still no letters.

12 hours ago, ANDY1OM said:

Make the columns bigger by clicking and dragging the mouse. You can change what goes where as well.

Yes, I did that and still nothing. 

When I reset everything in Preferences, my squad looks like this, and as you can see, there are three letters next to the nation. Perfect.

Billede

I then go into Scouting and select "General Info" (same page as in my squad), and it looks like this with no letters next to the nation. It's the exact same columns seleceted for the view. It's "Nationality (General)".

Billede

Probably not the solution, but have you tried temporarily removing all custom graphics?

Also probably not the solution, but removing the column and adding it again?

Or the other thing I would supect would be any "permanent" database files (xmls which always load) or missing / changed lnc files

Edited by scythian12

1 minute ago, scythian12 said:

Also probably not the solution, but removing the column and adding it again?

Yes, I tried that. I also tried with Nation of Birth instead of Nationality and it didn't help. I don't know why the three letters won't appear. They do with you, right?

4 minutes ago, Lasson said:

Yes, I tried that. I also tried with Nation of Birth instead of Nationality and it didn't help. I don't know why the three letters won't appear. They do with you, right?

Yep I regularly add faces to my newgens. Now actually trying to figure out how to do it to staff as well. Some ex-players became decent managers.

Just now, scythian12 said:

Yep I regularly add faces to my newgens. Now actually trying to figure out how to do it to staff as well. Some ex-players became decent managers.

I had faces on, but they dissapeared, and now I can't get them on again. I think it's because of the missing three letters, becaue the RTF file ends up looking like this.

Billede

6 minutes ago, Lasson said:

I had faces on, but they dissapeared, and now I can't get them on again. I think it's because of the missing three letters, becaue the RTF file ends up looking like this.

Billede

Did the game do any updates inbetween (it shouldn't have, but who knows), or have you fiddled round with xml or lnc files in the game libraries?

3 minutes ago, scythian12 said:

Did the game do any updates inbetween (it shouldn't have, but who knows), or have you fiddled round with xml or lnc files in the game libraries?

It says on Steam that the game updated in April. I don't know if that could be something. I don't know about any lnc or xml files in the game library?

If there is no modding in that regard, then just reinstall the game I would suggest. And then delete anything non-cosmetic or your savegames from the documents and what remains in the game folder under steamapps. Then set up everything with the custom graphics again, it should work. Unless the savegame itself is corrputed somehow.

I’ve only just seen this but you’re using my skin that changed the preferences to not display the 3 letter name. Simply change skin and restart the game, thus loading their preferences file. That, as far as I’ve experienced, will fix your issue.