FM 25: What do we HOPE for?

On 27/09/2024 at 14:53, alian62 said:

Better stadium sounds or crowd noise . It's been the same boring mono crowd murmers since 2006

In last years game I was in the Championship playoff final and decided to turn on the crowd for the first time in years as surely it’s been improved.

After going 1-0 up and the crowd not caring I then realised it was still awful so it was turned off straight away

For me I’m looking forward to better graphics in the matches. 

I also want better advice from staff. I just don’t trust any advice they give me. Like we’ve scored two goals from low crosses in to the box, our strikers arent great in the air….and they’re advising us to float crosses in.

It’s a difficult one as I don’t want it to be a cheat code but I want it to be useful and relevant.

A minor thing but it would also be great if achievements were better mentioned in the media. For instance if you win back to back promotions or go from non-league to Premier League there should be more of a big deal. 

I always felt like Man utd were too good on fm24. They always seem to be title contenders. My big hope for fm25 is that they are realistically rated as a mid table maybe lower table team. 

Calling for SI staff to be sacked is not ok. I've hidden some posts and the moderation team will review and deal with it. But as a reminder, this is not something allowed by the rules of this forum.

Staff AI is a big one for me. 

I'd love to be able to play more as a Head Coach, as part of a functioning team of staff members. Have meetings with the scouting team and discuss what's needed in the upcoming window. Then when those reports come in, pick three of them and have the DoF / Technical Director / A.N. Other go out and try and sign them. 

All of this is pretty much already in the game but  dumb things happen like the DoF will offer wages you absolutely cannot afford or make a transfer deal that will cripple your budget for years. And then you get the sack for it for failing to adhere to the wage budget or whatever.

It's all in there, it just needs refining.

3 hours ago, grade said:

I'm keeping my expectations low. I wish just a working game, with the least bugs possible, at this point in time.

In generally terms my expectations of this are as low as they've every been for a FM release. Just had a look at my playing time for FM games in steam and its fallen off a cliff for recent versions compared to some others. I'll pick this up but I cant see it being that much of a change that those hours go back up. 

I expect a much deep experience in terms of tactics and choices available, a new ME which will be very balanced in terms of the impact of how player attributes impact the game, since phisycal attributes still overpowered compared to mental and technical attributes.

Scouting should be fixed, I think it would make sense to have something less complicate and working as intended.

Interaction with players should be less difficult, since outcome of conversation is often not logical and the micro management behind stuff like tutoring is annoying.

On 27/09/2024 at 16:53, alian62 said:

Better stadium sounds or crowd noise . It's been the same boring mono crowd murmers since 2006

That's exactly what I hope for. While you're home or away, same murmers, such a boring thing. But no hope for it, because for years developers only care about boring details for new-coming gamers. For instance why don't they do changes for training system, or something else that matters for football, the game. 

A streamlined version of the game akin to older FMs but with good immersion. So, bloatware begone!

I hope it isn't being turned into more of a console game but let's be honest, it kinda feels like it is.

The match engine to be the best we've seen and the AI team building and transfers to be better than previous.

But to be completely honest, I won't be buying/playing it anyway and will possibly wait a few years to see what direction it goes in. My thoughts are it's moving ever further away from what I want to play these days and that's fine, I get it, but I'm older and have less time so.

20 hours ago, XaW said:

Calling for SI staff to be sacked is not ok. I've hidden some posts and the moderation team will review and deal with it. But as a reminder, this is not something allowed by the rules of this forum.

My two cents: just like in a football team, we, the fans, provide SI money for a streamlined product. Year by year, the finished product is unfinished. Not unplayable, but... And then there was the clarification: the move to unity. And in 25 years, I've never seen such a meltdown by the fanbase. Either it's a weird promotactic or it's a lackluster product for full price which will be the beginning of the end of the FM games. IMPO, this fanbase is quite polite for, let's say, the board. We should be allowed to vent criticism about human descisions, people in charge. Otherwise we're just free sponsors. Customers need to be kept happy, not with revamp this or that, but with the essence: tactics, training, immersion, graphics. And what do we get? If we get a lackluster product, there won't be need for calling SI top dogs to be sacked - the game will cease to exist. We're slowing in the dark in a state of despair. I'm not a big gamer, but I can't imagine such a shambolic streak of promo, product and customer friendly approach. And SI, swinning in the pool, has mods, for free, who need to keep the roaring crowd in order. If a company can afford it, it could buy out the FM data and create a new game. Or FIFA Manager 06 revival, why not? Still looks better than FM24, 18 years later.

Criticism should be allowed and I guess not even a tiny minority thinks SI headquarters are doing a good job. FOR YEARS! The biggest new feauture was announced, what, four years ago? This is shambolic and I sincerely hope this is not the end of the decent/exquisite FM series. But if the customers lose the right to criticism, the game loses its profits. THE END.

They need to know, hear, read that things are going wrong in an unseen way. Don't go chasing waterfalls, SI. Hire a crisis manager who's actually well spoken, polite, knows the PR stuff. Invest everything you can to make this abysmally announced game (this goes, that disappears etc.; no holiday, cry me a river) as good as it can be. FM25 reminds me of schoolwork. Starting at the last possible moment.

I would not appreciate the removal of this text. In any other profession, customer care would be the priority, not the protection of people who're seriously on the wrong track, with possible catastrophical consequences.

But hey, just a customer. Just a warng: I fear this time there won't be a 'we're used to it'-sale. People are scared, angry or disappointed. Every day without positive communication to us, the source of income, is a disaster. I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm blown away, but...based on WHAT?

@Kcinnay - I'm not sure why you responded to me with this, as the criticism you post here are fine. I don't see any reason to remove this, and even if I don't agree with everything you say, you have some points.

The reason I posted that post was because some users called for specific persons at SI to lose their jobs. Not criticism of the game, but specifically asking for a person to be let go. Do you see the difference between what you wrote and this? Saying that you think SI are taking the game in the wrong direction and/or saying the communication is not good enough is a perfectly fine criticism without calling for individuals to be sacked!

My biggest issue with your post, and many other in here too, is that you somehow seem to know the game will be bad. I mean, I don't know, you might be right, aside from a few screenshots we know way too little to make any kind of judgement on the game itself. So other than disliking the UI, the only real criticism that I think is ok to give SI about FM25 is that they haven't shared enough information. Anything else is just conjecture and guesswork. It might be correct, but it could also be wrong, neither of us know. I still find it strange that people somehow have decided that this version will be really bad with this little knowledge of... well, anything! We know nothing of the gameplay, the match engine, AI upgrades, etc. And that is the core issue for me, I think SI should be much more open and show things. Now it's just rumours and that doesn't help anyone.

You post also comes across as a woe is me type post and you create a lot of paper tigers just to tear them down, and I don't get it. Why? As I said, you don't know if the game is good or not and posting in here to me like this is the equivalent of screaming at a casheer because the major store chain has changes supplier for milk and your favourite is no longer there. There's not much I can do about your concerns, other than pointing you to the "contact us" form at the bottom of every page, that's where you can contact SI directly. I'm just here to make sure people follow the rules, and they specifically prohibits abuse of individuals like was done here before I removed it.