no one ever comes for my striker, cant make any money from 1G/game strikers

my history of strikers - 

• hidden game, elite striker (even according to media description), signed from lower division brazil for 60k who i thought i would sell for MEGA money in a couple seasons - image.png.19026b1b7014792de91662e9a7a6690f.png

before you say anything about it being in the polish league, we were making deep UCL runs every season. 

• another elite striker. ended up forcing him out for peanuts cause i wanted a different type of striker to spice up my save - image.png.3740af8fd1274c32f57fedd69845c98f.png

• used this striker for 2 seasons before i left the club -image.png.71a7d54fbdf087b4af2599969ccb0e6d.png

• go even further back in my save with my 2x UCL winning striker

image.png.0995205718b20d22618788eaefa9bd86.png

• current striker - 

image.png.7bf1dbbaff4dbc3565707d29e557824d.png

+ many more retired strikers with 1 goal a game every season in my +50 years save. not once have i sold one of these strikers for mega money cause no team EVER bids(unless i transfer list in which case i get lowballed). what gives? every time i wanna try something new i have to force my striker out for peanuts. 

only times ive received offers is if i have a wonderkid striker, regardless if hes even a starter. same goes for other positions. theres a strong correlation of the AI hunting for wonderkids and ignoring HIGH avg rating HIGH performing players. 

high performing players, regardless of their attributes, should be highly sought after just like in IRL. 

1 hour ago, thebreadlady said:

my history of strikers - 

• hidden game, elite striker (even according to media description), signed from lower division brazil for 60k who i thought i would sell for MEGA money in a couple seasons - image.png.19026b1b7014792de91662e9a7a6690f.png

before you say anything about it being in the polish league, we were making deep UCL runs every season. 

• another elite striker. ended up forcing him out for peanuts cause i wanted a different type of striker to spice up my save - image.png.3740af8fd1274c32f57fedd69845c98f.png

• used this striker for 2 seasons before i left the club -image.png.71a7d54fbdf087b4af2599969ccb0e6d.png

• go even further back in my save with my 2x UCL winning striker

image.png.0995205718b20d22618788eaefa9bd86.png

• current striker - 

image.png.7bf1dbbaff4dbc3565707d29e557824d.png

+ many more retired strikers with 1 goal a game every season in my +50 years save. not once have i sold one of these strikers for mega money cause no team EVER bids(unless i transfer list in which case i get lowballed). what gives? every time i wanna try something new i have to force my striker out for peanuts. 

only times ive received offers is if i have a wonderkid striker, regardless if hes even a starter. same goes for other positions. theres a strong correlation of the AI hunting for wonderkids and ignoring HIGH avg rating HIGH performing players. 

high performing players, regardless of their attributes, should be highly sought after just like in IRL. 

This is unfortunately a side effect of the reputation system.

There will be a reputation X CA/PA X form algorithm that determines what players AI bid for. 

Unfortunately it fails sometimes and where logic in real life would suggest that a bigger club would at least take a punt on your strikers, this doesn't transfer over to the game.

This is one of the long standing AI issues that are hopefully addressed with the rebuild for 25

7 hours ago, trevjim said:

This is unfortunately a side effect of the reputation system.

There will be a reputation X CA/PA X form algorithm that determines what players AI bid for. 

Unfortunately it fails sometimes and where logic in real life would suggest that a bigger club would at least take a punt on your strikers, this doesn't transfer over to the game.

This is one of the long standing AI issues that are hopefully addressed with the rebuild for 25

thats such a dumb way to program transfers, it even 'blocks' players to be called up to the national and play instead of worse players. 

how do i even increase a player's rep? 4 back to back league wins (top 4 leagues in EU) with my striker as the top scorer and his rep isnt high enough to entice big transfers? what a broken system. 

2 hours ago, thebreadlady said:

thats such a dumb way to program transfers, it even 'blocks' players to be called up to the national and play instead of worse players. 

how do i even increase a player's rep? 4 back to back league wins (top 4 leagues in EU) with my striker as the top scorer and his rep isnt high enough to entice big transfers? what a broken system. 

It is broken and sadly one of the few neglected core aspects since FM 11 when they decided to go in a different direction and focus on stuff like press conferences and social media etc, instead of focusing on the core gameplay sim

8 часов назад, shirajzl сказал:

It's a known issue in FM and has been untouched for years. AI teams base their transfer offers on player reputation and CA/PA, not the actual performance.

Also players market is becoming very overheated after a few saves. As a result, it is difficult to sell even a quality player, because clubs spend huge amounts of money on wages and have no transfer budget. And there is no place for a newcomer either. It is a kind of road collapse in the transfer equivalent.

On 30/09/2024 at 05:18, Novem9 said:

Also players market is becoming very overheated after a few saves. As a result, it is difficult to sell even a quality player, because clubs spend huge amounts of money on wages and have no transfer budget. And there is no place for a newcomer either. It is a kind of road collapse in the transfer equivalent.

This aspect can be mitigated through game setup. It's tricky but if there are too many clubs at the level below the top clubs then they tend to bid lower. Go too far the other way and the big clubs can bid a lot for players, clearly more than they're worth. 

14 минут назад, santy001 сказал:

This aspect can be mitigated through game setup. It's tricky but if there are too many clubs at the level below the top clubs then they tend to bid lower. Go too far the other way and the big clubs can bid a lot for players, clearly more than they're worth.

It makes sense. I play with adding players by reputation for entire continents (Europe, South Africa) and a number of countries (Asia, Africa, North America). That's why I have a large number of newgens even in unplayable leagues.

4 hours ago, santy001 said:

And this should be information that is mentioned when we're setting up a game, not we have to find by digging through the forums. The setup tutorial/tips are another thing that is horribly outdated and in need of a change

nothing about the transfer mechanics in this game makes sense. its THE dumbest part of FM. 

we've won La Liga 5 seasons in a row with the top scorer by a large margin, assist provider by a large margin, most clean sheets, and yet i cant get ANY top teams interested in my players without transfer listing because of some dumb player rep mechanic and/or they dont have the PA of a wonderkid. only teams interested are mid table clubs and its pointless for them to bid because A) they low ball, B) even if they low ball and i accept the offer my player wont downgrade to a mid table club. 

5 hours ago, santy001 said:

this is just nonsense unless youve found the perfect balance somehow because no matter how many leagues i load in my save, it changes nothing. 

through so so many saves with different amount of leagues loaded in the past 5-6 iterations of FM, i have yet to receive big bids on HIGH performing NON WONDERKID LEVEL PA players. only times i get big bids are on elite PA level wonderkids. 

1 hour ago, thebreadlady said:

i have yet to receive big bids on HIGH performing NON WONDERKID LEVEL PA players

Depends on what you mean by BIG bids. I posted this a while back where I got 4-5 times the "value" of a player I really didn't rate.

I even posted a follow up with this, as he was clearly not good enough for West Ham and they eventually released him without giving him a single game.

So yes, you can get bids over the value of the player, even for non wonderkid players.

I usually player lower leagues so I don't have much to offer about BIG bids at the top tier level clubs, but this is my best example of getting more for your players than they are worth.

Yeah, I had Man Utd give me £65m up front for a young DR who was playing well but was clearly never going to be Premier League standard. 

He maybe played 20 games for them over the duration of a 5-year contract - bear in mind they dropped that much for him because they were desperate for a DR, but still didn't play him regularly that season - and left on a free afterwards. 

13 hours ago, XaW said:

Depends on what you mean by BIG bids. I posted this a while back where I got 4-5 times the "value" of a player I really didn't rate.

I even posted a follow up with this, as he was clearly not good enough for West Ham and they eventually released him without giving him a single game.

So yes, you can get bids over the value of the player, even for non wonderkid players.

I usually player lower leagues so I don't have much to offer about BIG bids at the top tier level clubs, but this is my best example of getting more for your players than they are worth.

i just straight up NEVER get good bids, i dont know what to say. everytime i want a different type of striker i have to FORCE my current striker out for peanuts even though hes scoring 1 goal per game. season just ended and my current striker has no interests in him, let me know what i should do now.

heres another example, my gk- 

not even a single interested club over the past 4 seasons. 

image.png.b70929bd87ffa146b9fea155c37700c3.png

image.png.f6bba8225e3b6c6343c1bc45fce19d05.png

look at my transfer out. i dont get any bids and only sell 1 or 2 players by listing them - 

image.png.1fbaab687d2b7b003a0af0d6e96ae887.png

image.png.e2f27dcd0decbc810ec7350a63afd848.png

image.png.9d191791e9f1a7536c238c1473bffac2.png

then look at the value of my first team 

image.png.42c30a83bbef615d28db060e6c386fc5.png

3 minutes ago, thebreadlady said:

i just straight up NEVER get good bids, i dont know what to say. everytime i want a different type of striker i have to FORCE my current striker out for peanuts even though hes scoring 1 goal per game. season just ended and my current striker has no interests in him, let me know what i should do now.

heres another example, my gk- 

not even a single interested club over the past 4 seasons. 

image.png.b70929bd87ffa146b9fea155c37700c3.png

image.png.f6bba8225e3b6c6343c1bc45fce19d05.png

look at my transfer out. i dont get any bids and only sell 1 or 2 players by listing them - 

image.png.1fbaab687d2b7b003a0af0d6e96ae887.png

image.png.e2f27dcd0decbc810ec7350a63afd848.png

image.png.9d191791e9f1a7536c238c1473bffac2.png

then look at the value of my first team 

image.png.42c30a83bbef615d28db060e6c386fc5.png

Can you upload your save somewhere? I can take a look and see if I spot anything. If you can't then here are a few tips.

1. Your goalkeeper is obviously one of the best in the world with that value, so what teams are likely to bid at least that kind of money for him? How many goalkeepers go for more than £50m? Very few, so the possible clubs are few.

2. The few clubs you have identified. Do anyone of them look like they need a new goalkeeper? Are their first choice old and the 2nd choice far worse? How many possible clubs are you left with?

3. Are there any comparably skilled goalkeepers about? What is the value there? If you were to sell, could you replace him with a equally good, but cheaper option to make money on it? If so, why don't the other clubs go for that player?

4. What are other goalkeepers sold for? Is the value this high because your team are doing great and winning stuff? Perhaps other clubs don't value him that high?

5. Would he be likely to want to leave your club? Do have you given him too much money so other teams would struggle to give him more? Or have you him as a key player or important player, if so, would he have the same for the other possible buyers?

These are just a few things I thought could possibly explain to you why no one are willing to buy that guy, as an example. If the market is filled with equally talented players with lower price, then you won't get what you want. Looking a bit deeper into those things can show you why you are not getting high bids for players, as there needs to be an identified need, and also no better options.