Unpopular opinion; I'm not arsed about women's football.

First of all, women's football sharing the same space with the men's game is a fantastic addition, however me personally I couldn't careless if were being honest.

The women's game is very much front and centre in FM25 and why not, its something that's never been done in this genre.

There are many concerns when it comes to this years game and completely understandable given the lack of information, I hope the inclusion of the WL does not impact other areas and essentially "paper over the cracks".

This is not a rant or a disrespect to the WL but a mere concern for the future of FM.

12 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Unpopular response - your opinion is of no relevance. I'm not interested in managing in Brazil. So what?

I think your missing the point or trying to be clever.

I don't want a women's database to overshadow what's in place now and for what compromise.

The information is out there dude, from what I’ve learned from just reading around this forum is they hired a whole team purely to focus on the women’s football side of things. It wouldn’t have hurt any other area of the game at all. 

I think this thread should just be everyone letting everyone else know what they are not arsed about in the game.

UnPoPuLaR OpInIoN: I am not arsed about the two 2nd division's of the Welsh football league system being in FM. Sorry Crymu fans. The time and effort put in to the Welsh 2nd divisions could have been spent on things I care about. AGAIN!!!!  This is not a rant or a disrespect to the Welsh 2nd divisions but a mere concern for the future of FM. 

Why would you create a whole thread about a point that a) just shows you're a misogynist enough to think its ok to create a whole thread about a subject that B) nobody gives a flying **** what you think nor anyone elses opinion on the subject. 

Edited by samrnpage

I never dismiss areas of the game I'm personally not that interested in because I know it is almost certainly important to someone else.

In terms of the game development I'm probably more worried about the things SI aren't saying than the bits they are.

If FM25 was going to be a graphical leap I think that would already be a given and the developer would shout it, same for things like improved AI decision making across the board. My fear is that it's looking increasingly like the game is going to be a "translation" of what we already have and a watered down one at that. 

Still, if the tactical side of the game is improved somehow that might just be enough to see us through to FM26.

I really do feel SI need to over deliver a game, because I hate to say it but it's been too little for too long if I'm honest.

On a personal note I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on the game. I just hope those of us that contribute to improving it by actively feeding back on bugs and feature suggestions can still make a meaningful difference.

Edited by janrzm

7 hours ago, Harryhi said:

The information is out there dude, from what I’ve learned from just reading around this forum is they hired a whole team purely to focus on the women’s football side of things. It wouldn’t have hurt any other area of the game at all. 

Surely that just means they chose to allocate funds to a whole new team for women's football, rather than a myriad of other things they could have done?

It's not like women's football is such a revenue generator, it's the only thing that could possibly justify that investment, and in a cycle where you're re-platforming, you'd usually want to ramp up your team to ensure that was successful.

The fact we're losing functionality with this version of the game suggests poor allocation of funding to me, and if women's football has an entire dedicated team, that makes up a big chunk of allocation...

14 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

The fact we're losing functionality with this version of the game suggests poor allocation of funding to me,

Staff time rather than money is the almost universal resource that presents issues for game developers. It's actually the change to Unity that has resulted in some features being lost for now, or being determined to drop rather than migrate across. 

It would have been a poor allocation of time & money to have say rushed Women's football into FM24 on all the old systems, then had to get it ready for Unity. 

- - - - -

In terms of the thread, while I'm not the target audience of this feature, I don't have any disdain for it, nor do I think it's come at the expense of us getting something weird/wonderful/revolutionary to the core of the game. When a post-release FM25 feedback thread is available you can provide feedback on it at that point, and hopefully there will be some gameplay hours accrued for it to actually be genuine, and it will be reviewed by SI. At this stage though this thread doesn't really serve any purpose.