SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Hmmm people dont implement OI's?

I have been using them all of the back end of my 2nd season (my most recent) with Man Utd and won the league and the Champs League. Have not been using them in my friendlies as I cant be bothered but are wipping teams 4 or 5 nil so will try in the league.

People have different opinions on opposition instructions and if you get it wrong you could suffer badly. For example some people say you should tightly mark opposition quick strikers, others say not to, personally i think if you tight mark them once they turn you their through on goal, on the other hand if you close them down often, they could knock the ball past you and be through on goal. So for this reason i just dont bother with either and hope my defenders will choose the right course of action. The same can be said for creative midfielders, close them down often , could result in gaps in your formation if the opposition player is good enough he'll exploit the gap that the closing down player has left. Showing wingers and strikers on weaker foot could enable them to cut inside and cause even more problems.

The only opposition instructions i trust are those of tackling hard on players with low bravery, closing down defenders with low composure, and closing down keepers with poosr composure and kicking. I dont bother implementing these into my game though because i'm too lazy and cant be bothered going through the oppositions team to find the players with low bravery or composure stats.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tactic!

Been using the control tactic almost every game. Have played 9 matches so far. 8 wins and lost one game.

With this tactic I create ALOT of chances. Defoe in this 9 games has 11 goals and Pavlyuchenko 7. I'm surprised and impressed that I suddenly does all these goals, hehe.

My first match with this tactic - http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd315/kvicker/sexytacticfirstmatch.jpg

Cheers for a great tactic!

Just tried your tactic with Rangers for one game.

Was drwaing 5-5 with Spartak Moscow in the uefa Cup on aggregate. Second leg away from home we win 4-0.

Thumbs up for that game :)

Second game, at home to hibernian in the League; Rangers 3-0 Hibernian.

Third Game, away to Celtic in the League; Celtic 1-3 Rangers

Tactic is proving itself to be good so far. Nice job.

i love this tactic been using it for ages with my boro team currently on course to finish in top 3 at least i'm in the 3rd season to.

but i started a new game as barca wanting to know if it would be good with a top top team, i got through the friendleys and a few games kicking arse in the league

but i had to go out so i put it on holiday mode when i came back to the game i'd only lost one game in the league and drawn 5 others

out of 46 games i've played overall i've scored 109 (2.4) goals and conceded 17 (0.4) a game

i bought diarra as dmc but thats they only player i bought

oh i forgot aswell i noticed that i had no assistant manager at all and the only training staff i had was fitness coaches so i was playing all them games with all heavy training , i've obviusly sorted that out now

but it's a brilliant tactic i recomed this to anyone

have to give credit to you Pointon...this is a solid tactic. Plenty goals and tight defense, with goals shared around my team.

I have 3 teams in my current save game....my Liverpool and Fiorentina teams I use another tactic which is working well for them....but for my career based manager (currently at QPR) i struggled with that tactic. I switched to "sexy football" and it's working a treat both home and away!

currently on course for automatic promotion to PL...having been struggling to get into playoffs previously!

cheers mate....KUTGW

sexy football ftw :)

I like this tactic but i want more information on who to play where.

The midfield, defensive one - are we looking for a tough tackling midfielder to break up play? Or strictly someone who can pick out a pass and tackling being irrelevant? Because tbh there isnt many natural defensive midfielders who have over 15 for passing and creativity. What about the other midfielder? Attacking? Hope these questions can be answered.

Fully agree with the majority, this tactic is solid.. Used it on my QPR game and finished 2nd behind Wolves who got over 100 pts.

Bravo Sir, bravo.

i have the exact same scenario with my QPR team....2nd behind wolves who have romped away with the league with over a 100pts!

shauny on the very first post he has stated individual attributes for each position, DMC, needs things like strength tackling passing and creativity, mc needs passing and creativity, one of the 2 are going to be your playmaker and therefore will also benefit from off the ball (finding space) compusure and flair.

Im currently in my 2nd season with this tactic with marine, i ran away with the BSN in the first, stuggling for consistency in the BSP but thats because i brought in a whole new team who need to gell despite that im still mid table close to play offs which is a good example of the strength of this tacitc.

Pointon you must feel good there are not may people who have created such a successful tactic on the forums in which only around 5% of people have struggled with it (if that)

Anyone any advice on preventing last minute goals against my team. I am playing the control tactic but still teams seem to score late on against me.

I have checked obvious things like players energy levels and they still all seem to be ok e.g 75 % and upwards. I have taken off timewasting though as I am morally oppossed to this tactic !!! do you think if I put it back on it helps. Anytime I have played with high timewasting all it seems to do is result in 8 minutes of injury time thus giving the other team longer to equalise !!

Ok. First of all, i tweaked timewasting both in home and away tactic. I set it one notch up rarely for home tactic and mixed (notch 12) for away tactic. With this settings, i managed to concede 0 (nothing) goals to opponents when switching to 4-2-4. Only tweakings i needed were these:

- set (on team instructions) passing direction from mixed to both wings.

- set timewasting on mixed (notch 12) for home tactic; set timewasting to first notch of often for away tactic.

Usually i don't concede, sometimes i score. If so, and the opponents switchs to their normal tactic, i come back to my normal settings.

Hope it helps, bye.

By the way, great tactic!!!! ^_^ With two tweakings and a few buying, i won all trophies (FA, LEague Cup, EPL adn Euro Cup) with Man City. Now trying it with LLT, and started well with the worst team of 2nd division Switzerland, currently 7th 0_0

A question for Pointon27

At the start of your Oldham game did you bring through any of the young players already at the club such as Taylor, Eardley, Smalley, Allesandra and Lomax or did you get rid of them all pretty much straight away?

I kept Taylor right through till i got to the Prem, then i sold him, Eardley i sold if i remember in the 2nd or 3rd season as my chairman accepted the bid he went to MK Dons if i remember correctly, Allesandra stayed with me until championship scored a few goals for me as well, and Lomax i got rid of fairly early.

I didn't create these tactics until my 2nd season in the championship and it took me 3 or 4 seasons to get there as i was struggling with tactics i created and ones i downloaded until i developed this.

shauny on the very first post he has stated individual attributes for each position, DMC, needs things like strength tackling passing and creativity, mc needs passing and creativity, one of the 2 are going to be your playmaker and therefore will also benefit from off the ball (finding space) compusure and flair.

Im currently in my 2nd season with this tactic with marine, i ran away with the BSN in the first, stuggling for consistency in the BSP but thats because i brought in a whole new team who need to gell despite that im still mid table close to play offs which is a good example of the strength of this tacitc.

Pointon you must feel good there are not may people who have created such a successful tactic on the forums in which only around 5% of people have struggled with it (if that)

To be honest i'm surprised, at the overwhelming response. I'm the type of person who'd only post a tactic if i have confidence in it, and i knew this was a good tactic, as like many on here i'd downloaded pretty much all the others, and wasn't having much success with them, i created this with an average team and was instantly blown away by the results, but there is always part of you that wonder if it would just be successful in my game or if others would enjoy the same success, but it's good to know that others have found it just as successful.

I like this tactic but i want more information on who to play where.

The midfield, defensive one - are we looking for a tough tackling midfielder to break up play? Or strictly someone who can pick out a pass and tackling being irrelevant? Because tbh there isnt many natural defensive midfielders who have over 15 for passing and creativity. What about the other midfielder? Attacking? Hope these questions can be answered.

Remember this is relative to the league your in, if your a Premiership side with a few bob, i dont hink it's overly hard finding a DMC with good tackling, passing and creativity, i.e above 15. If your managing in league 2 for example if you had a player with around 10 or 12 in the attributes mentioned he would be good enough for the league your in. If you have no midfielders with good creativity, passing and off the ball then i wouldn't recommend you to use the play maker option.

Mate, I think Im in love with you. Im Everton, 23 games unbeaten and playing some superb football. Im just using the control tactic home and away, and sometimes changing if Im really looking for a goal.

Heres my league at the moment:

EvertonLeague.jpg

And the results:

EvertonResults.jpg

Have beaten Man U and Arsenal at home, and an amazing 5-2 win at Stamford Bridge.

Leandro Augusto in dm role has been superb, and Yakubu and Ishmael Miller are brilliant up top. You have really found a way to execute that guys pace! My fullbacks, and Phil Jagielka have been superb also. Is there a set tactic for corners? Because he wins every single corner and has scored a few already.

Once again, thanks, and ill keep you updated

I have used this tactic for 1/2 a season and thought it was brilliant, but I have started to get some inconsistant results against teams I would have beat easily in the first few weeks of the season. I use the control tactic for my Milan team as they best suit this style of play. Just before christmas I had only let in 3 goals, and since jan the team has now conceed 13 and im only mid way through feb. I was leading by 6 points over Juventus I now find myself 1 point behind. The positive thing is I have a 12 point advantage over 3rd spot, but i don't want to find myself anymore points behind the Lead so the season was looking positive. now I think its on the downslide. Any tips on what to do, or has anyone had this problem.

Starting line up all season has been.

GK: Asenjo

DR: Motta

DC: Thiago

DC: Pique

DL: De Ceglie

DM: Flamini/Felliani

MR: Kuyt

MC: Kaka

ML: De Maria

ST: Pato

ST: Kerrison/Rossi

Any Ideas of what could be happening.

I have used this tactic for 1/2 a season and thought it was brilliant, but I have started to get some inconsistant results against teams I would have beat easily in the first few weeks of the season. I use the control tactic for my Milan team as they best suit this style of play. Just before christmas I had only let in 3 goals, and since jan the team has now conceed 13 and im only mid way through feb. I was leading by 6 points over Juventus I now find myself 1 point behind. The positive thing is I have a 12 point advantage over 3rd spot, but i don't want to find myself anymore points behind the Lead so the season was looking positive. now I think its on the downslide. Any tips on what to do, or has anyone had this problem.

Starting line up all season has been.

GK: Asenjo

DR: Motta

DC: Thiago

DC: Pique

DL: De Ceglie

DM: Flamini/Felliani

MR: Kuyt

MC: Kaka

ML: De Maria

ST: Pato

ST: Kerrison/Rossi

Any Ideas of what could be happening.

Try switching to the home tactic when you are at home and when your favourites away, i've used the home tactic for my last 3 seasons with Roma both home and away apart from when i play away against the other big teams and i've won every competition for the last 3 seasons apart from the euro super cup this season i lost on pens to Liverpool.

Control tactic is abit less attacking and more patient, but due to your results the opposition is now sitting back against you and defending deep, causing your team to struggle to break them down.

Have you tweaked any of your tactics since you have made them ?? I dont seem to get the consistancy with the attacking tactic as i do with the controlled tactic. But i will try to use it to see if it makes a difference.

No not at all, the home tactic is fantastic when you have top players, i used it with Oldham in the championship at home and got good results, but i never got to use it in the prem as my team wasn't strong enough, when i took the Roma job i used it at home if i was favourites and the control away, but a few seasons on now my squad is superior to the opposition in every department i use it home and away and have great success, like i said previously i only use the control away against other top teams.

One thing you might want to note though is weather conditions, the home tactic is suited to all conditions, as it's direct, the control however is set to short passing so it isn't really suitable for rainy weather.

Thought i'd share some screenshots of my current game as Roma, using the home formation in all the games i show, my defence is now that tight even i could play in goal for us and keep clean sheets.

Latest results

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/latestresults.jpg

Fiorentina

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/fiorentina.jpg

Tel aviv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/telaviv.jpg

Reggina

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/reggina.jpg

Saitama UTD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/saitamautd.jpg

Sao Paulo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/saopaulo.jpg

Udinese

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/udinese.jpg

Siena

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/siena.jpg

Palermo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/palermo.jpg

Thats 8 games 8 clean sheets, the opposition only had 2 shots on target in those 8 games and in my last 7 games the opposition hasn't even managed a shot on target.

The only dissapointing result was Siena, i thought they would be an easy game, so i gave my first teamers a rest and sent out my kids, all with decent potential but all around 17 and 18 years old, in the end i just couldn't break them down.

I must say that your tactic is great, simply but very effective. Only downside is that my strikers seems strugle but it may by ma fault because i have weak attackers (only falcao is good but he has lots injures )

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/193916

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/193917

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/193918

http://www.bankfotek.pl/view/193923

PS both tacs are equally good for me. I play in most games: Home tac in home and control in away matches. All 2nd season without every single loss in all competitions including win over Real Madrid i Club WC fianl.

After having alot of success with this tactic its beginning to become inconsistant with me to, i concede a ridiculous amount of goals, i have scored the most in the league and yet im around 15th position and have just won my first match in ten games and that ended up 5-3....

After having alot of success with this tactic its beginning to become inconsistant with me to, i concede a ridiculous amount of goals, i have scored the most in the league and yet im around 15th position and have just won my first match in ten games and that ended up 5-3....

you using the home, control or both, what team are you using it with etc.

I experience the same. Especially away. It could be that my Newcastle team is over performing, but I struggle to win away from home. Will not do any conclusions yet, but if any one have som suggestions to how you get a decent away form I will appreciate it.

At home the tactic work very well.

I experience the same. Especially away. It could be that my Newcastle team is over performing, but I struggle to win away from home. Will not do any conclusions yet, but if any one have som suggestions to how you get a decent away form I will appreciate it.

At home the tactic work very well.

what tactic are you using away, where are you in the league and roughly how good do you think your squad is, i.e you think it's good enough to win the league etc.

Pointon, what are you doing with team talks at the moment?

I usually leave mine to the assistant, but he seems fixated on "you can win this" and Wolfsong who wrote about the only guide I've ever seen about teamtalks seems to think that "you can win this" is the wrong way to go on the most recent patch.

The tactic itself has been working fantastically well on my Dover save. We got promoted from the Blue Square Premier only losing 2 league games (a lot of draws mind you) and we got to the 6th round of the FA Cup knocking out West Ham and West Brom along the way.

Although we've started Ok in League 2 and I feel I've got a decent squad, our performances are a bit flat, hence my concern about the team talks

Pointon, what are you doing with team talks at the moment?

I usually leave mine to the assistant, but he seems fixated on "you can win this" and Wolfsong who wrote about the only guide I've ever seen about teamtalks seems to think that "you can win this" is the wrong way to go on the most recent patch.

The tactic itself has been working fantastically well on my Dover save. We got promoted from the Blue Square Premier only losing 2 league games (a lot of draws mind you) and we got to the 6th round of the FA Cup knocking out West Ham and West Brom along the way.

Although we've started Ok in League 2 and I feel I've got a decent squad, our performances are a bit flat, hence my concern about the team talks

I ask my ass man as he has good motivation, if i dont agree with it i change it, but he usually says the same thing at the start of the match which is, "for the fans" and it does ok for me, i once played a club a couple of seasons ago in the relegation places at home and my ass man said "expect a win" so i went along with it and lost the game 2-1, so i've stayed away from that one. If i'm winning at half time against a team i'm expected to beat i say "dont let your performance drop", if i'm winning at half time against a good team then i'll say "encourage" or "pleased" if more than one goal up. if i'm losing i say "dissapointed".

So far this tactic has been awesome for Liverpool, playing 23 games, 17 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses!

If anyone needs a right sided midfielder for this tactic get Darijo Srna he has been amazing, 21 games 5 goals and 18 assists!

Pointon I have one issue, I am abit worried about my strikers Torres has scored 7 in 19! Isnt bad but he isnt playing well at all, same with my other striker where i rotate Keane, Lewanowski and N`gog!

Is there anything i can do to make him score a few more and possible get better ratings??

So far this tactic has been awesome for Liverpool, playing 23 games, 17 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses!

If anyone needs a right sided midfielder for this tactic get Darijo Srna he has been amazing, 21 games 5 goals and 18 assists!

Pointon I have one issue, I am abit worried about my strikers Torres has scored 7 in 19! Isnt bad but he isnt playing well at all, same with my other striker where i rotate Keane, Lewanowski and N`gog!

Is there anything i can do to make him score a few more and possible get better ratings??

I would imagine Torres should be ideal for the tactic, i dont know the stats of the other players, so i'd suggest stick with it and hopefully the goals will come i've not tweaked anything and my strikers are doing ok, they have dips in form but i just stick with them till they ride it out.

Is there a striker you would recomend I sign in January?

I think i will offload Keane 2 in 15 starts is not good enough!!

Have a look through the thread some have been mentiod but i forgot the names, i started as Oldham by the time i reached the prem i was never in a position to sign any known strikers so went with regens. So i'm not right person to ask, but what i look for when signing a striker are:

Pace

Acceleration

Finishing

Composure

Off the ball

Dribbling ( ideally but not overly necessary)

Cheers mate!!

I now need a striker more than ever, Lewandowski out for a month, Torres out for 2 months and N`gog out for 4 months!!

Worrying times!

By the way has anyone had good success with Michael Owen?

Thinking about getting him in!

Owen didn't do the job for me, Martins, however, have been scoring for fun. It's a bit strange since owen is pretty fast and has excellent finishing, composure, anticipation, decisions, first touch and technique, and so should be a monster, while Martins is just fast.

I don't quite get it, but martins has been incredible.

7-3 win away to wolfsburg using control and its ment to be defensive haha. Went unbeaten for 34 games as soon as I started using control, started to slip at the end of my first season mainly i think due to fatigue as i had a small swuad and 1 day between some games. Still not looking as strong in my 2nd season maybe made some bad singings still looking good but not as strong. Maybe teams get used to playing against the tactic? only major change iv made is my centre mid who is still a very good player

Im marine and my team are good enough i have 5 everton loanees in it, its the most inconsistant i have ever seen a tactic, it used to be perfect now all of a sudden i can beat the team in 4th 4-0 but the match straight after get beat by the bottom team 1-0 who had only won 2 games all season and im 32 games in.... i have been going absoloutly crazy theres just no excuse for why this is happening.... i dont know what has gone wrong...

Im marine and my team are good enough i have 5 everton loanees in it, its the most inconsistant i have ever seen a tactic, it used to be perfect now all of a sudden i can beat the team in 4th 4-0 but the match straight after get beat by the bottom team 1-0 who had only won 2 games all season and im 32 games in.... i have been going absoloutly crazy theres just no excuse for why this is happening.... i dont know what has gone wrong...

I have been so successful in the last few seasons, when any team plays me they just stack men behind the ball and play for the draw, however i'm still winning but usually around 1-0 or 2-0 with the opposition not even having attempts on goal, i just lost my first game of the season 1-0 at home they got a pen in first 5 mins then just defended for their lives rest of the game, and i had a few chances but i just couldn't break them down, however i dont suffer from this is against the top teams as they attack me, so i can get behind them. Its not a big problem for me i'll still win the league etc, just a pain in the backside, if the same thing happens again in a game i'll try a few tweaks to counter it and if successful i'll post the tactic as i'll still be using the same framework so it wont be much different.

what tactic are you using away, where are you in the league and roughly how good do you think your squad is, i.e you think it's good enough to win the league etc.

First of all I have to say a big thank you for these tactics and that I may be a bit spoiled when it comes to how much I demand from them.

I am in my fourth season with Newcastle. I have finished 10-10-5. And it was the last season I started to use sexy football.

I think my squad is good, but not good enough yet to win the league. I am at fourth place now (february), and I think that is realistic.

What I struggle with is a bad away form. I have experienced that in games I start with the away tactic, I let in a lot of goals, (Ishmael Miller always scores a lot against me for some reason)I then switch to the home tactic and manage to get some goals back. The same happen when I start with the home tactic in games I am favorite away, then I have to change to the away tactic to try to fix the mess.

Also my defence get very poor rating, last game at WBA, my centreback got 4.5 and my left back got 4.6 and they are good players. Geromel and Kolodzieczak.

I suspect it can be because of me making poor decisions, bad teamtalks etc, but I am a bit confused at the moment. Lost the league cup semi final away to Man C, after winning my home game.

I hope to turn things around, and maybe be a bit more faithful to the away tactic, I think I may have over estimated my team a bit.

But every suggestion would be helpful.

Here is my recent fixtures and my squad.

Fixtures jhhh.jpg

Squad iuiu.jpg

And Pointon, thanks for your advice and that you always are helpful.

Does it make a huge amount of difference if I move the DMC into a MC position?

It started of as a flat 4-4-2, results were good but i felt the defence needed a bit extra help, so i went to a 4-4-2 diamond which solved the problem, but the AMC had really poor ratings so i dropped him back to MC position. So in answer to your question, you should still do well, but you may find your defence wont be as tight with not having a DMC in the formation.