The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Goater666:

I suppose we dont. We could however look at how the writers have focused on Sun right at the end of the series, she wants to find the island, maybe she thinks hes not dead?

Exactly. Sun thinks Jin's still alive so she's trying to get back to the island. What does that have to do with whether he did or not?

Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

this seems like a daft question but other than Jack is a lost soul is there any other reason he 'needs to go back'

fix the sadness?

Chaos on the island since he left? Life not so great on the outside? Left his razor on the beach?

Something to do with his Dad?

nah, jack and locke have role reversal at some point with locke becoming the 'man of science' he was always meant to be and jack finally seeing how supernatural the island is, which turns him into the 'man of faith'. possibly this happens before bentham comes to see him, possibly that meeting changes his mind.

check Jeremy Bentham in wiki btw, and you could have worked out who it was going to be.

As for Sun, are all assuming that the other person she blames for Jin's death is Ben, when in fact it could be Widmore and she could be double-crossing him? Or is that occurring to everyone already.

Originally posted by Stan petrov:

With regards to the new series, seeing as the island is the prime location of the TV show, we may see the oceanic six back on the island to begin with, and the flashforwards/backs explain to us how they got there from this season's finale... icon14.gif

As foir the above poster, I did think initially, jin may have jumped as there was a short period of time for him to do so, and especially since he knew the boat was going to blow up.

Faraday is out there in a boat and may pick him up icon14.gif

yeah i agree, also, it could be a possible way to write walt back into the show and explain his advance in years icon_biggrin.gif

did we see how far faraday was out at sea, wasnt he on his way to taking another group of people of the island to the ship, and he did tell charlotte that he wasnt coming back, so he was half way between the island and the boat?

its very possible then that he didnt vanish with the island, and is out there to rescue a few of the survivors of the ship, but where do they then go with the storyline for them, they havent been taking away with the island, jack and co they are rescued by penny and on there way back to civilisation, so what can the weiters do with a possible storyline with jin and faraday if they are left behind?

Jack on a Desert Island - no beard, Jack back in civilaztion - Grizzly Adams.... wtf icon_biggrin.gif

I am also thinking that Jacob is the guy that visited Locke as a child and is on the island now and not any older. Might be wrong, but I see his role developing.

Be interesting to find out how Ben ends up the fecking desert aswell (not that we wever will find out)

Interesting

I've not watched the whole finale again yet, but I watched the boat blowing up and Sun shouted more than once 'we have to go back'

Obviously a recurring saying amongst the oceanic six, for various reasons.

And, there was more than enough time for Jin to jump off the boat.

Originally posted by bell:

Be interesting to find out how Ben ends up the fecking desert aswell (not that we wever will find out)

aye, similar to that of desmond when he turned the key in the hatch, we never saw what happened to him after that, he just woke up in the jungle naked icon_biggrin.gif

at least ben never had the misfortune of waking up in the desert naked icon_biggrin.gif

I assumed that the transportation to the desert was a side-effect of using the machine ('he who moves the island can never go back.') The writers seemed to go to great lengths to let us know that there wasn't much time between turning the wheel and waking up in the desert - the cut on his arm, for example.

With the polar bear remains discovered by Charlotte earlier in the series, it does seem like the transportation aspect is fixed to one destination - that spot in the desert.

Is it possible that Abaddon "lost souls" intercepted Locke when he was on visit to mainlands, confronted him about his poor tenure as the chosen one and persuaded him it would be best for the island if he killed himself, thus bringing the rest back; maybe even turning Locke into a Jacob/Christian type being (if his casket is brought back)

I would like a scene with Abaddon/Richard/Ben

the favour?

I believe somebody up the thread mentioned that Ben turned the wheel in late December/early Jan and then checked into the Tunisian hotel the following October. So there was a significant time difference for the rest of the world.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

I believe somebody up the thread mentioned that Ben turned the wheel in late December/early Jan and then checked into the Tunisian hotel the following October. So there was a significant time difference for the rest of the world.

Which on the island could have been a blink of an eye...

Do we know the time difference between Oceanic 6 getting back, Ben ending up in the desert and Ben/Jack meeting in the funeral parlour (which I think is the furthest 'forward' we've been so far?

Originally posted by James07?:

Do we know the time difference between Oceanic 6 getting back, Ben ending up in the desert and Ben/Jack meeting in the funeral parlour (which I think is the furthest 'forward' we've been so far?

3 years.

Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am also thinking that Jacob is the guy that visited Locke as a child and is on the island now and not any older.

Richard? No I don't think so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? I assume you're joking Mixitup?

Don't think some people watch the show. How might you be wrong Bell? The guy that visited Locke clearly was Richard.

Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MixitupMixitdictator:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am also thinking that Jacob is the guy that visited Locke as a child and is on the island now and not any older.

Richard? No I don't think so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? I assume you're joking Mixitup?

Don't think some people watch the show. How might you be wrong Bell? The guy that visited Locke clearly was Richard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Bell said Jacob is possibly Richard.

I dont think he is personally, however I think his role is currently massively understated.

Just watched the finale. Great season finish

Lost trying to compete with Heroes for worst effects. That ship sank bloody quickly. And how did the radio signal get to the freighter when he was god knows how many feet underground? I cant get a radio signal when i go under a tunnel in a car

Originally posted by Andrew K:

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen straight away, Time on the island isn't constant with the rest of the world as we've discovered.

Anybody else think we'll never find out what Jacob is? I think it will be part of the essential theme of the conflict between faith and science. Whether Jacob is a God or a super computer that uses nanobots to control things will be left up to the viewers.

I think that Jacob will turn out to be Ben/Locke/Jack after dying/travelling in time/being possessed or something. The fact that this is a significant character that's deliberately been portrayed without a face or voice means I think the writers are trying to make it believable when it's revealed as someone we already know.

I think the issue of time difference between Ben moving the island and appearing in the real world came up because of this comment I made:

Originally posted by Nucampe:

I assumed that the transportation to the desert was a side-effect of using the machine ('he who moves the island can never go back.') The writers seemed to go to great lengths to let us know that there wasn't much time between turning the wheel and waking up in the desert - the cut on his arm, for example.

That was merely to say that Ben was likely transported as a side-effect of using the wheel, not that there isn't any time discrepancy between the island and his arrival. Leaving via this weird transportation might not count as leaving via the correct bearing, so time passage is affected.

The reason I brought up the cut etc. was because it suggests that he did teleport immediately after using the wheel, rather than turning the wheel, going to another base, having a quick snack and then using some other mechanism to get off the island.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

When did they claim that?

Right at the beginning of Lost Season 1. People were coming up with theories such as "they're all dead" and alike, so to shut them people up they said whatever Lost is could happen irl and is based on scientific fact (or something like that)

It was something along those lines - that everything in Lost would be inspired by actual scientific facts. The time travel seen in Lost this season is vastly different from what's believed to be feasible - being on a vast biological scale and not featuring the requirement that the destination be a time period in which the time machine has been constructed.

Archived