** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

I haven't understood what +3/1, -5 and +8 mean: :(

- Kick-off: ... +3/1 odds on favourites, 'wish luck'.

- Half-time: .... Drawing against +3/1 odds on, 'nothing'. ...

- Full-time: -5 'disappointed', +8 'delighted'. ...

Does someone know it?

THX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thanks and let you know these are working very well for me, i've two saves going, one using Stevenage Borough for that I am using v4 at home and v5 away am top of the blue square prem scoring loads of goals from all over the pitch and playing really good football, conceding a few but that is down to not having the quickest defence which seems really important with v5.

On my other save I have turned your tactics into a 4-2-3-1 altering instructions for my 2 cm's, my AM and CF keeping everything else the same.

Now I'm playing with Man utd and England on this save so it is an unfair test but the results are amazing win most games by 3 clear goals with great average ratings around the team.

It has made me fall in love with 9.03 so thanks.

Hi Tyler,

First of all i must say thank you for your tactic. currently no. 1 in the Seria A with roma in the first season using your V4 elite tactic. Despite being no 1 im still having issues finding the right constellation for my attack. this is what i have at the moment: Ballotelli, Totti, Vucinic, Baptista. The way i see it I relly need a striker, as totti and vucinic can handle the am/fc spot, but until the transfer window opens again what would you suggest i do? Ballotelli is somehow just not cutting it as the ST. Oh and im using patch 9.03. and feel free to suggest players for both positions if you like.

Thank you in advance, and great work!

Hi Tyler,

First of all i must say thank you for your tactic. currently no. 1 in the Seria A with roma in the first season using your V4 elite tactic. Despite being no 1 im still having issues finding the right constellation for my attack. this is what i have at the moment: Ballotelli, Totti, Vucinic, Baptista. The way i see it I relly need a striker, as totti and vucinic can handle the am/fc spot, but until the transfer window opens again what would you suggest i do? Ballotelli is somehow just not cutting it as the ST. Oh and im using patch 9.03. and feel free to suggest players for both positions if you like.

Thank you in advance, and great work!

I have just finished the first season with Roma, I used vucinic in the SC spot. As a backup I bought Bratu. Vucinic plays really well in that position and Bratu to as a backup. Bratu scored 8 times in 15 games.

I haven't understood what +3/1, -5 and +8 mean: :(

- Kick-off: ... +3/1 odds on favourites, 'wish luck'.

- Half-time: .... Drawing against +3/1 odds on, 'nothing'. ...

- Full-time: -5 'disappointed', +8 'delighted'. ...

Does someone know it?

THX

I apologize for the lack of clarity there. When you're team have bookmakers odds of 3/1 or 7/2 to win a game, you are underdogs. So if you are at least 3/1, say 'wish luck' at beginning of match. I have been 10/1 to win against Man Utd, said 'wish luck', and it has an impact.

The full-time ratings are only done individually if a player gets under 5 or 8+. Any player who gets between 5.0 and 7.9 is given 'well done'/'good effort' as a 'whole team' talk.

Playing with Everton

had a mixed start doing ok at home but struggling a bit away, not been able to get my strikers firing and getting cahill fit soon, so going to try him up front.

tylerbode do you use Opposition Instructions

As I said in my OP, i don't do OI's. If you think there is benefit to them, let us know mate.

I apologize for the lack of clarity there. When you're team have bookmakers odds of 3/1 or 7/2 to win a game, you are underdogs. So if you are at least 3/1, say 'wish luck' at beginning of match. I have been 10/1 to win against Man Utd, said 'wish luck', and it has an impact.

The full-time ratings are only done individually if a player gets under 5 or 8+. Any player who gets between 5.0 and 7.9 is given 'well done'/'good effort' as a 'whole team' talk.

Many thanks Tyler! ;)

Thanks for the tactic tyler bode. I've just finished my first season in the prem with crystal palace. I was predicted to finished 15th but in the end i finishing 5th so top tactic. My one problem is my strikers who consistently get low ratings game after game and also can't finish chances to save their lives. This guy for instance, his ratings are always low and playing rubbish.

cobasi.png

Btw i play him in the hole when i play at home with version 4. He's been with me for one season and i've just got my team to 'have attained a good level of understanding'. Could that be the reason why they are playing so bad or is it something else? Thanks

What is this skin, mate?

Thanks for the tactic tyler bode. I've just finished my first season in the prem with crystal palace. I was predicted to finished 15th but in the end i finishing 5th so top tactic. My one problem is my strikers who consistently get low ratings game after game and also can't finish chances to save their lives. This guy for instance, his ratings are always low and playing rubbish.

*image*

Btw i play him in the hole when i play at home with version 4. He's been with me for one season and i've just got my team to 'have attained a good level of understanding'. Could that be the reason why they are playing so bad or is it something else? Thanks

My strikers can't score either

I aint bothered about the low ratings, it's just they can't put the ball in the back of the net, and it's not as if they're bad strikers...

5857e10e0796211Lavezzi.PNG

462857e10e07962guilherme.PNG

39887e10e079621Fletcher.PNG

97859fdbf249b1evantaggiato.PNG

Which partnership do you think I should use and who should play in the hole (for home tactic)?

Making chances isn't the problem btw, it's taking them, my goal came from a freekick in this game:

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/27175fdbf249b1estrikers_cant_score.PNG

31 shots, 1 goal from a defender

any advice?

Other than that, it's a good tactic, against the smaller teams my goals are coming from elsewhere but in the CL i'm struggling to score

Thanks mate, amazing tactic. Im in my third seasson with Leeds in the premier, i use V5 my results were:

2-2 against Liverpool in Anfield

1-2 i won against Fullham

4-0 i won against Convetry in the cup.

My team is one of the worst in Premier ehhhe, but i play very well. I just use V5, home and away.

I have a questionm in your first post u said:

- AM/FC: Passing, creativity/flair. --- Studrrige

- ST: Finishing/heading, strength. --- Eaton

but then u said:

ST: the one in the hole with the back arrow needs good technique, passing, creativity, dribbling and first touch. He comes deep, holds the ball, creates openings and is the link between to the ST. Arshavin, Robinho and Rooney would be perfect.

ST: the other one needs pace and/or acceleration, finishing, composure and off the ball. Saviola did well for me as did Lavezzi in a previous game. But I'm sure you could afford better with Man City's cash.

Wich is the best option, the first one with strong Striker or the last one with a fast striker?

thanks

Hey Tyler, just a couple of questions...

so, are you saying there is totally no difference on how to play the two attacking up front?

Whether they are targetman or pacey and quick, or how about role as FC or ST.

Does left or right position make any different at all?

Also, what kind of combination do you suggest for the two MC ??

Apart from that, everything else is spot on within the OP

Cheers

New V5 Tactic:

http://files.filefront.com/TB+V5tac/;13500097;/fileinfo.html

I tested this tactic with Hull, home and away. I bought 3 players who appear in team; Iversen, Skjelbred, D.Costa.

This tactic will please all who were looking for a better away tactic. Good for low/mid table teams due to effectiveness against better opponents. You may prefer V4 at home and V5 away if you are a mid/top table team. However, I found it to equally effective home and away.

The information in the OP applies to V5. However, there are 2 ST's. This pairing can be made up of many types; eg. 2 big men, 2 dribblers or 1 of each, or a creative AM/FC and big man. There is NO best variation.

I hope you enjoy this and it is successful for you all.

Thankyou to all who tested it for me.

Results:

hull-res.jpg

Table (halfway):

hull-epl.jpg

Team:

hull-team.jpg

doing well now with my Everton team,currently 4th in Feb and still in the FA and Uefa cup using cahill as a striker and like IRL he is getting me goals. Got a solid defence using fellaini and Neville in center mid and arteta amd pienarr on the wings.

quick question tylerbode what sort if in game tweaks do u use depending on if your losing or winning, and conditions and size of pitch?

doing well now with my Everton team,currently 4th in Feb and still in the FA and Uefa cup using cahill as a striker and like IRL he is getting me goals. Got a solid defence using fellaini and Neville in center mid and arteta amd pienarr on the wings.

quick question tylerbode what sort if in game tweaks do u use depending on if your losing or winning, and conditions and size of pitch?

sorry just read through the OP post again, no tweaks at all

Preferred Move Training:

- DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

- FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

- MR/L: Run with ball down right/left.

- AM/FC: Try through balls.

- ST: Try to beat offside trap, place shots/round keeper.

I assume that "don't dive in" for defenders is the "to stay on his feet when tackling a players" right? But what is "stay back"? Can't find anything like that when I'm recommending preferred moves to my defendenrs :hmm:

"try through balls" for midfielders is the "to try killer balls when ever possible", am I right? :)

My strikers can't score either

Making chances isn't the problem btw, it's taking them, my goal came from a freekick in this game:

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/27175fdbf249b1estrikers_cant_score.PNG

31 shots, 1 goal from a defender

any advice?

Other than that, it's a good tactic, against the smaller teams my goals are coming from elsewhere but in the CL i'm struggling to score

Same problem here... I'm only scoring from freekick.

But it works it's definitely a great tactic. I wish I could score more.

Same problem here... I'm only scoring from freekick.

But it works it's definitely a great tactic. I wish I could score more.

me too doing well with Everton but just lacking goals if we can get a way to get our strikers scoring more it will be one hell of a tactic, i am going to try and adjust there mentality and creative freedom

In my Nottingham Forest game (first season), Etien Velikonja as the right striker has scored almoust goal per game so far in the first few matches, however the left sided striker - I have Dalibor Volas there - doesn't score that much. But as long as the team's winning, I don't care really who gets the goals ^^

struggling to score with version 5 but it's tighter at the back version 4 scores goals but is abit loose at the back i'm gonna try putting the settings of the strikers from version 4 on version 5 (If that makes sense) and see if that works

Played 9 games with a side that is tipped to win the league. Won 3, draw 4, lost 2. Embarassing results.

The only real opportunities to score were corner cheat and individual dribbling efforts from my star striker. All the other attempts comes from outside the box. Playing Olimpyque Marseille who is easily one of two best sides in the league.

Tyler, could you post a screenie of squad list with goals and assists shown with V5?

Thanks a lot!

No probs Diegas. Any particular reason why you want these screenie's?

Hull squad:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/hullstats.jpg

Hull tranfers (majority in January window):

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/hulltransers.jpg

No probs Diegas. Any particular reason why you want these screenie's?

Hull squad:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/hullstats.jpg

Hull tranfers (majority in January window):

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/hulltransers.jpg

Yes, mate, I was looking to see where the goals come from, cause my team is really struglling to score. The only ways to score are corner trick or striker individual effort.

I mean theres no playmaking of the ball, all the regular attacks finish with a longshot, which in most cases, is pretty useless.

Just finish my first season in France (Lille) and I won !

average goal for : 1.9 ; against : 0.6.

Despite the lack of goal in the middle of the season, I'm very happy of the tactic (V5) and very impressed by the defense side. I kept so much 1-0 lead which was nearly impossible before (4-2-4 and last 5 minute goal from AI ...).

Nice work !

It's was also my fastest season since I didn't have to tweak my tactic at all.

Yes, mate, I was looking to see where the goals come from, cause my team is really struglling to score. The only ways to score are corner trick or striker individual effort.

I mean theres no playmaking of the ball, all the regular attacks finish with a longshot, which in most cases, is pretty useless.

Thanks for the feedback Diegas. For a team like Lyon, in an easy league for them, you'd do much better with V4 home and away. Also read OP. A friend from Portugal was Lyon and scored many, winning all trophies in 1st season. His MC's scored many from outside box; Toulalan and Juninho especially.

I tried v4 and v5, and i think v5 is better... i have some problems with the goal but im workin with it. Im playing with Leeds, im in the 4th seasson, 1st in premier im in the middle of the table... the best player of my leeds are Deco (34) Pavlychenko (29) rest of the team is a team for championship.

Just an update for people.

I've just finished the 2013-14 season with Spurs (the season before I had finished 7th after using the V4 and dropping away at the end through injuries and disharmony).

Began using the V5 and was doing fine away from home (a cracking 1-0 away win at Man Utd being the best) but had struggled a bit at home. I switched back to the V4 and began romping away at home - much like I had started the previous season.

Throughout the rest of the season I mainly used the V4 - only switching to the V5 in tough away games or after I was beginning to get battered in a game.

I eventually won the league and the Uefa cup - amazing season and really pleasing that I've finally got somewhere with this game!

The best 2 results were both away games to Arsenal and Man City (2nd half of the season) - I had started with the V4 and in both games had gone down to early goals, losing after half an hour 2-0 in both games. I immediately changed to the V5 and came back in both games to win 3-2 - couldn't believe my luck!

I didn't do any tweaking with the tactics and mainly stayed with the V4 - using the V5 as a back up!

My team for the season was:

Akinfeev

Hutton

Breno

Nathan Baker (maybe a regen - not sure - got him from Villa)

Bale

Marquinhos

Schneiderlin

Kacar (maybe a regen - serbian dm - really good)

Ochirosii (maybe a regen - romania winger - fast and tricky)

Keirrison

Cardoza

Can't wait to carry on with the next season - have just been given 65m to spend - have splurged 40m on Torres as he's still only 30 and my squad doesn't need too much work so he's a bit of a luxury buy - I imagine him and Cardoza will be dynamite!

I highly recommend Tyler's tactics - well done bud!

Hi lads,

According to Tyler in V5 both MC and ST dont have a best combination between them, infact they have matching instrctions.

Talking about V4 which seems to be even better than V5 for home games......

I noticed the 2 ST or FC and also the 2 MC have completely different instructions.

What kind of attributes do you suggest ? Example, 1 AMC with good pace + off the ball , and one DMC with high strenght + takling - Pls advise.

How about the 2 strikers ?

cheers

Good morale is a must for the V4 to work away - as soon as you get that you'll be on a good run - my spurs team only lost 1 away in the last 32 league matches of my last season.

As for the cms - I have 2 dm/cm stated players who are generally excellent at keeping the play simple - high tackling, marking, passing and the like - but good finishing as well - allrounders are good here, but I don't try amcs as i think the defending and setting up play is the key to these positions here.

As for the strikers - I usually play a tall powerful striker on the left and a more creative fc on the right - the powerful striker gets the most goals but the fc is involved in everything so good passing and creativity is a must!

I only used the V5 when really necessary - but I went 3 seasons where a bad few results dropped morale really low and then got me in a bad rut - so get players tutoring others when this happens, offer new contracts and play players in form - very important. Also - follow the op about team talks - I rarely used them after being advised by Tyler and this made a massive difference!