When will you start your FM13 career?

dafuge

When will you start your FM13 career?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. When will you start your FM13 career?

• Beta release day 19th October
    • Release day 2nd November
    • A later date

I'm going to start it on release day. I'm going to treat the beta like a demo and probably just manage in MLS for the duration of the beta save, and hopefully give SI some good feedback on the things that could be improved in that league come a patch around release.

Thinking a later date. I'm sure I'll buy it at some point, but none of the new things listed in the vlogs have got me excited.

I could use a new laptop anyway (the R key has fallen off), and I'd just as soon hold off until the new year (because with my work schedule, it's likely that I'd work Christmas and New Year's Day. Meaning extra holiday pay. :thup:)

I will start when extra leagues ready-working-compatible (First I have to make Turkish Lower Leagues and Waiting for England/Brazil made by others- also full version /with players/ of (KONAMI nation) - And full versions /without players/ of most of the others like in Africa/Asia/Oceania and missing ones in Europe...)

The beta's brilliant news, even though I probably won't be playing it as it will give editors the time to create the additional graphics I need to get fully immersed into a game of FM. Will then hopefully be able to start a long term game on November 2nd instead of around 2 weeks after the release date, like I have had to do in previous years.

I'm still trying to complete the Big Euro challenge and I'm not sure if the retailer I pre-ordered from is suppliying access to the beta (wasn't mentioned on the webpage). Once I get the game, I'm going to have a crack at dafuge's challenge for the first time but also run a career here (I like to have two saves on the go at once). Later on, I have plans to do rancer's Asian challenge (once decent extra leagues have been made available) and maybe others as well. We'll see ;)

I go on holiday for a week and a half the sunday after the game is finally released, so will wait until I get back before beginning my career thread.

Haven't pre-ordered yet and am not sure I want to, as i'm trying to get to my 10 year anniversary with my dafuge challenge game first (2 seasons left) so will probably not play the beta.

I dont think I am going to get it. I am thinking I may just stick with FM12 (after finally resolving my crash dump issues). I began a new career a week or so ago and really sort of getting into it so may just play that till Christmas time and see where we go. Its a bit of a major challenge so is no going to be sorted easily.

I want to start it in the release day but I want leagues from certain nations that won't be out that day. :( Will have to build them myself most likely.

This if I do journeyman.. still torn on whether to do that or one-club save.

I've slightly changed my stance. I think I will manage in MLS and maybe my own Asian challenge in the beta release. I've been itching to get back into the swing of things having not played FM in so long (since August) and I think having one (or two) careers to start off would help me get into playing FM13 since there's no way I'm going to play FM12 again.

For the journeyman I will probably wait till some editor files for Europe, West Asia, and the North American lower leagues to pop up before starting.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the excitement is starting to build for me regarding FM13. I will probably go out and buy it on release day to be fair.

What are your plans for a save? I reckon I'll start with my most local club on the DB - Guiseley AFC - rather than just starting unemployed.

What are your plans for a save? I reckon I'll start with my most local club on the DB - Guiseley AFC - rather than just starting unemployed.

I think unemployed is the way I am going to go again to be honest. I cant see myself picking a side to start with. Although I fancy a youth challenge, I like signing players way to much.

I think unemployed is the way I am going to go again to be honest. I cant see myself picking a side to start with. Although I fancy a youth challenge, I like signing players way to much.

Oh I won't do a youth challenge, I'll quite happily sign players. I just want to take my most local club to the top, and as I can't do it with Farsley Celtic anymore, it'll be Guiseley.

I'll take a look at the Beta before making up my mind. It it's looking in decent shape and feeling very playable then I'd quite like to start my main save straight away. If it's feeling very much like an unfinished game then I will most certainly wait until the final release.

So it really does depend what kind of game we get for the Beta. I suspect it will be more like a 'pre-release' than a Beta anyway so we may well have a stable version on which to start our main saves.

Archived