Dont Believe The Hype - Kettering Town

Hypanimz

Wow, with that profit should be able to strengthen well.

I think I've managed to strengthen very well just off free transfers. I decided to get the board to improve my youth facilities in preperation for something I plan on doing much later on in this career. That cost £1.3m. In other news I can now scout Europe and Scandinavia so they may well be an influx of foreign talent in the near future.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season 2020/21

I've been busy in the transfer market this summer signing players. The stand out signings are a new striker named Divock Origi and Issa Dieng who is a French central midfielder. I have also brought in a couple of new full backs as towards the end of last season my players were moaning about the captaincy of Jelleyman so he was sold. Also leaving was Ben Fisk who had been a fantastic player for the club but he would of been my 5th choice striker and he wanted game time so he had to leave. There ws a few other signings to give some competition to existing players.

I'm happy with how our friendlies went. Comfortable wins against lower league oppositon and a thrilling 3-3 draw with Birmingham. In our first game we lost to Man City after holding them at 1-1 for some time.

I was given a transfer budget but again I've decided not to use it. The plan is to keep it available to improve the wage budget as my scouts are now roaming Europe. I'm hoping that they will unearth some gems for me in the mid-season.

Aims

Survival.

Survival.

And finally... Survival.

Great season bud, Good luck, survive and thats an achievement and a half

Cheer mate. Survival is my only aim for next season. I dont care about the cups or anything. As long as we survive I can then hopefully start building a team that can take me to the Premier League.

I may have said I couldnt care less about any cup competition but when the 2nd round of the Capital One Cup came up I was interested to see how we have progressed in a year.

Capital One Cup Round 2 2019

Capital One Cup Round 2 2020

We get Watford in round 3 at home. Watford are now an established top half Premier League side.

Looking solid and improving every year mate :) Club still renting Nene Park?

Thanks buddy. The Board built a new stadium after my first season in League 2 and we moved into it in our first season in League 1. It holds 9957 fans which we are now constantly selling out.

Fantastic work with Kettering, really interesting save. Keep it up Hypanimz.

Thanks alot Dejay - I plan on playing this save all the way through to FM14. I've got a couple of ideas for much later on in my career to keep it interesting. On another note my mid-season update will be soon. Only 1 game to go until I've reached the half way mark.

Mid - Season Update 2020/21

League Table

Squad 1 Squad 2

I dont understand how we have our league position. We have had a horrible season so far with Injuries. Paul Moran played the first 8 scoring 7 then tore his hamstring so has missed 4 months. He is just back into light training. Mayer my starting right back has been injured for months as has McMahon and Perrot. Bell-Baggie has been outstanding but seems to get injured every other game so I have gone against my beliefs in only signing younger players as I have agreed a deal for David Amoo to join in January.

We lost 1 of our first 8 games which was a massive shock. We had a little blip where we only won once in 10 game but in that time we picked up 5 draws so not all bad. Considering our injury worries I cant wait to put out my first choice team.

The Capital One Cup was very entertaining and we even caused a few upsets. We defeated Premier League Watford and Swansea on our way to the 4th round where we faced Liverpool and played for 40 minutes with 10 men only to lose 4-3. In the FA Cup we have Villa at home in round 3.

Lets see what happens!

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - npower Championship- 2020/21

We are Premier League. Yeah thats right we are Premier League. Amazing season. All I wanted was to survive I never expected this.

League Table

Past Positions

I'm shocked we got promoted. We finished 2nd on goal difference to a AVB managed Derby side. We would have won the league but we let a 2-0 lead slip in the final game to relegated Portsmouth in the final 10 minutes as Derby lost. Amazingly we actually deserved promotion. We entered the playoffs in week 4 and stayed there ever since. Absolutely unreal

Cups - The Capital One Cup was fun. Caused 2 upsets but then lost 4-3 to Liverpool in the 4th round. The FA Cup we were outclassed by Aston Villa 4-2.

Squad - Alot of players still from my years in the BSN. I will need to strengthen massively to survive the Premier League.

Transfers -Being able to scout Europe makes a huge difference. I managed to bring in some very talented players.

Finances - Lost money this season but that was the £1.3m spent on youth facilities so I'm not worried about that as otherwise we would of broken even.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - Still scoring. Big test next season. 28 goals in 33 games and missed 4 months injured.

Olegs Semjonovs - 15 assists and 7 goals and no injuries. Brilliant.

George Swann - Been my star defender since the BSN. Amazing again.

Divock Origi -Outscored Moran due to stayin injury free. 30 goals in 44 in debut season.

Simon Lenighan - Kenyan midfielder who bossed the midfield. 13 assists and 4 goals.

Just amazing season for us. Cant wait to try the Premier League and try to survive.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final
2019/20         League 1              3rd               Promoted Playoffs
2020/21         Championship          2nd               Promoted

Incredible progress Hypanimz. How do you plan on taking on the Prem? Spend, spend, spend and hope to stay up? Or spend a little, but keep the nucleus of the squad together and if you go down, you go down. But you'll be financially better off for it and maybe become a yoyo club?

Thanks buddy. My transfer budget for next season is £9.85m so I will try to strengthen as much as my money allows. I need to spend wisely to bring in Premier League quality for decent money. This will be fun :D

Thanks buddy. My transfer budget for next season is £9.85m so I will try to strengthen as much as my money allows. I need to spend wisely to bring in Premier League quality for decent money. This will be fun :D

Just short of £10m isn't bad for a club of your size. Don't forget though, your number one friend is the relegation wage drop. That's if it's still in negotiations. I'm sure'll you'll figure out a way to strengthen your side enough.

Just short of £10m isn't bad for a club of your size. Don't forget though, your number one friend is the relegation wage drop. That's if it's still in negotiations. I'm sure'll you'll figure out a way to strengthen your side enough.

Yeah I'm happy with that amount. I will also be raiding the free transfers as well.

Outstanding progress, so much for just strengthening!!!!! Definitely need to take advantage of the tv revenue, move towards expanding the 10k stadium. I guess the idea of keeping a core group together can be extremely effective.

Thank you very much. I've spent all I'm allowed to this summer. My board Projection states that at the end of the season we will have a balance of over £19m. I'm not sure if that includes my money for where I finish either so I could be quids in at the end of the season.

Pre-Season 2021/22

After last years amazing promotion I set about to improve my squad massively. I was given just under £10m to improve my squad but my wage budget was nearly at max so I made changes and had a budget of £6.4m and a wage budget of £189k p/w.

Transfers In

Ali Jabbari - French centre back previously of Lyon on a free transfer

Emanuele Marchioro - Italian centre back previously of AC Milan on a free transfer

Juan Luis Vargas - Spanish right/centre back previously of Sevilla on a free transfer

Antonio Moreno - Spanish central midfielder previously of Real Madrid on a free transfer

Robin Jakobsson - Swedish goalkeeper. £675k signing from Malmo

Tumay Ozturk - Turkisk central midfielder previously from FC Midtylland on a free transfer

Chris Flood - English striker previously from Southamption on a free transfer

Orazio Caldarell - Italian right winger on loan from Juventus with a view to a £3m transfer

Agron Lazarev - Macedonian right winger for club record £5.5m fee from PAOK.

Not all of the players will go straight into the first team. Maybe 5 will be starters. Unfortunately I missed out on two deals which was a goalkeeper from Reading who decided to join Colchester in the Championship and a Bulgarian striker who joined Olympiakos for £3.5m instead of me.

I think we are a little light up front but I dont have enough free wages to make any other purchases so we will be going with this as things stand.

11 players left the club and I even sold Amoo and Robinson for £550k each which was good business.

Pre-season friendlies were mixed. We beat Hoffenheim 3-1 before being beaten by French side USBCO 3-2. We beat two lower league sides before a 2-2 draw with Manchester City in our final friendly. They use to be our feeder club but not anymore.

Aims

17th Place.

Survive.

Dont get relegated.

Wha...!!! The full game hasn't even been released yet and you've already gone all the way to the PL!

I didnt quite imagine it would be so fast. By the end of the season we might be back in the Championship I've only played 1 game in the league so far and it didnt go to plan.

Bloody hell you play fast. Both in terms of doing a lot of seasons quickly and climbing the ladder quickly! BSN to Premier League in 8 seasons is mightily impressive, well done.

Thanks. Updates should slow down soon as I will be back at work. It will be 1 or 2 seasons per week I imagine. I'm really surprised I did it in 8 seasons. It will take alot of work to establish myself in the Premier League going by the first 4 games. We cant take our chances when the other teams take theres.

Ah right, your ground not an all seater?

Yeah it was an all seater but they needed to add another 2500 seats. So they had me groundsharing with Leicester which was a brilliant decision by the board. We have currently £22m in the bank and have made a £24m profit so far this season and its only November.

That's awesome. Even if you go down you've got a shed load of cash to improve the squad and infrastructure at the club :thup:

Thats the plan. We are definately in a relegation fight. We are 13 games in and we just won our first back to back games.

Mid - Season Update 2021/22

League Table

Squad

It started very badly. We were sat in the bottom three for quite a while after suffering many heavy defeats. A 4-0 to Arsenal, 4-1 to Watford, Man City and Man Utd, 5-1 to Blackburn and a heavy 7-1 to Man City. Things have picked up of late as we have picked up 19 points from our last 9 games including upsetting Tottenham and Newcastle. We also battered Fulham 6-1. We are currently sat in 11th I just hope we can pick up a few more wins and hit that 50 point barrier and survive.

The board have just given me some updated finances to work with ove January as we have made massive profits so far this season. Mainly due to groundsharing with Leicester as we have brought in massive gate receipts. We move back to the Kettering Stadium in a weeks time.

Lets hope we push on in the second half of the season.

Not a bad first half.

Thanks buddy. It started very badly and I thought we were a dead cert to go back down. We've now got a chance to stay up. I'm really struggling to find a new striker. All the good ones wont get a work permit.

Archived