FM14 Game....what to do

Becoming an annual decision. I only ever have one good save per FM....usually 20-odd years. Id love to go further, but usually something happens after that. My dream is to skip an FM because im so engrossed in a game. Last few years:

FM11: great old fashioned Arsenal game where I posted on Neppo's Youth Player principles. Came up with some gems from my youths....Brian Whitehead is a legend in my head! Also had a player who reached 1,000 games in a certain Zakhar Sidelnikov. Longest game I had ever played.

FM12: played Dafuge's challenge and eventually got Harrow to the Champions League. I then oddly lost 4 years in the game and couldnt be bothered going through all of those 4 years again having had it undone.

FM13: played an Arsenal game as a Guatemala manager, using the 'big club small country' thread. A great idea, possibly too hard though.

Part of me wants to give the BGSC challenge another go but want suggestions and thoughts. Which challenges use the new features best? Which are most active? I want a challenge that lends itself to a long term game....would love to get to the 22nd century again....I did this once on CM9798!!

What are others planning?

As always I am doing dafuge first. Love it too much

Might join you doing the BCSC again. Its insane and I still have no idea why youth intake spawns dudes from your nationality, but its fun

point of interest for the dafuge challenge is that the three lower leagues have been expanded by 2 teams, so there is 6 extra teams in the pot.

Becoming an annual decision. I only ever have one good save per FM....usually 20-odd years. Id love to go further, but usually something happens after that. My dream is to skip an FM because im so engrossed in a game. Last few years:

FM11: great old fashioned Arsenal game where I posted on Neppo's Youth Player principles. Came up with some gems from my youths....Brian Whitehead is a legend in my head! Also had a player who reached 1,000 games in a certain Zakhar Sidelnikov. Longest game I had ever played.

FM12: played Dafuge's challenge and eventually got Harrow to the Champions League. I then oddly lost 4 years in the game and couldnt be bothered going through all of those 4 years again having had it undone.

FM13: played an Arsenal game as a Guatemala manager, using the 'big club small country' thread. A great idea, possibly too hard though.

Part of me wants to give the BGSC challenge another go but want suggestions and thoughts. Which challenges use the new features best? Which are most active? I want a challenge that lends itself to a long term game....would love to get to the 22nd century again....I did this once on CM9798!!

What are others planning?

erm, MY YOUTH CHALLENGE!!!! :D

Still leaning towards Dafuge, unless you can find a way to persuade me. The BGSC challenge seems almost impossible to me. Harrow Borough will be having a new manager I think.

Well I think you'll struggle to have a game go into the next century if you play dafuges challenge. The seasons will go quicker in my challenge without transfers to do and it'll take longer to get to the top. Plus you can still play with Harrow :D.

Also tempting to try doing the euro version of it...never had a long term game in a different country before. But the community isnt as active, which makes it less attractive....

Dafuges thread always gets more posts but interms of atmosphere and others taking an interest in your game I find Big Euro Challenge and My challenge to be better tbh. This is because Dafuges is more mainstream so you just get loads of people who only really take an interest in their own game. Makes posting updates ect. a bit pointless tbh.

Oh, and you don't have to be a master tactician to succeed in my challenge. It's more about patience, developing players, developing the club (deciding what to ask for in the boardroom ect.) and holding onto your best players. You really only need a solid tactic tbh, plus FM these days is more about making sure you don't have any obvious flaws in the tactic rather than creating some master one, the key to success is reacting to situations in match and adapting pre-match to different teams.

• 3 weeks later...

I think im leaning towards dafuge or big euro but to do big club small country in dafuge, I have to finish the challenge first as no international management is allowed. So i think i'll do big Euro. Which euro leagues are most fun? Leaning towards Italy, I think. Or possibly France. Id like to manage a team Ive been on holiday near....

I think im leaning towards dafuge or big euro but to do big club small country in dafuge, I have to finish the challenge first as no international management is allowed. So i think i'll do big Euro. Which euro leagues are most fun? Leaning towards Italy, I think. Or possibly France. Id like to manage a team Ive been on holiday near....

Pretty sure international management rules are the same in Big Euro as they are in Dafuge's.

why are you so obsessed with challenges?

just make a career thread in another subforum and set rules that suit you

I really like the career of Bekcesaba (ugh spelling) manager, he was technically doing ri's youth challenge in Hungarian league, but never posted around here I think

why are you so obsessed with challenges?

just make a career thread in another subforum and set rules that suit you

I really like the career of Bekcesaba (ugh spelling) manager, he was technically doing ri's youth challenge in Hungarian league, but never posted around here I think

It is getting a bit boring now I must admit.

Greyedoutman, just do what you want to do. If what you want to do meets the rules of a challenge then great, you'll probably enjoy posting updates in a challenge thread. Otherwise just play the game how you want and enjoy it. Like hungoth says you can always make a career thread if you want to share your progress.

I want to participate in Dafuge's challenge, but hate the idea of holidaying the first year. Is there any challenges that don't do this?

Wait a day or 2 and people normaly start putting saves up of the rarer teams that get promoted just pick 1 of those.

• 3 weeks later...

A return of the "critically acclaimed", CSE mulitple (2) award nominee (but not winner) Immingham signup thread for my Lincs & Humber nation database.

Worked well in 2012, did not manage to do it in 2013 due to a bug in the game prohibiting custom nations from working.

This year I hope to run another single season adventure, this time in a higher league than before, basing it on the successes of the 2012 team.

Look out near the end of the year or early 2014!

Archived