ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sekerspor - Turkish 2L Group 1 - Season 1 mini update

My overconfidence is really biting me in the a$$ at the moment. What I previously thought was a deep squad is a squad full of holes very dependent on a couple key players. We started well, 1 win and 2 draws and I thought I would just breeze through this season. But then reality hit us hard and we lost 6 in a row and find ourselves second last in the league. Players' morale is rock bottom. This won't be easy...

Having messed about in the beta with a Holland save, I have headed off to Germany in the full version.

I am now manager of SV Eintracht Trier 05, a club in the (allegedly) oldest town in Germany, near the border with Luxembourg. Here's hoping I can take them to glory!

Manager Profile

Imagine my delight when checking the squad and I found this =138126750&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]guy who had come through in the previous youth intake. Coaches think he should become a good first division striker, and already a number of Bundesliga sides sniffing around. Could be tough to hold on to him long term.....

Also, 1 transfer as a legacy of the previous regime

I started this a few days ago, so almost have the season 1 update ready

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2017/18

Pre-season

Prediction: again 21st with much better odds as last year: only 1000-1 :D

Pre-season + league cup: Actualy very good. Won a game with 10-4. This is my highest scoring result ever since i'm playing FM, and that is allready a long time.

I managed to gain my frst ever win in the league cup, with a hattrick of my new striler Gonçalo Azevedo (YP5a).BTW, I have 2 players with this name in my starting line-up. Very confusing. I had high hopes for him, and at the moment he is scoring almost in every game.

Needed a win in my last game against Chaves to proceed in the league cup and this is the standing after the last game.

We actually made it to the next round!!!!

I think this is the start of a pretty good season for Leça.

PS: due to a lot of work, i won't be able to play a lot, but i'll continue with this challenge. No doubt about it.

Great start there, Bartrcm! I haven't progressed in from the group stage yet. Got 3rd place both times.

In other news, my season is well under way and I might have a surprise shot at promotion this season, but nothing is certain so far. Couple that with an injury crisis we are facing an exciting ending here.

Drew. IJ. Jupiler League. 2014/2015

Youth Intake - Okay I guess, didn't take any screenies of the players when I got them, so have the two best ones during the 2 season :D

Jeffrey Valik YP1a looks okay, decent finishing on him, maybe I can get a decent tutor to try and improve him.

Issam Messaoudi YP1b has the potential to be a good midfielder for us.

Two good prospects, but with crap youth and training facilities, I'm not sure that they'll be able to reach their potential.

Table

Squad - had a decent squad of players when I started, and they played our part in making sure we stayed up; Samir Oulhani played well in the middle of midfield, wasn't the greatest going forward but defensively he was sound; Achmed Ahahaoui, wow, what a player, 17 goals from the wide man in what was a superb season from him; Frank van der Zwan was our key man up front, 18 goals was a decent return especially from a newly promoted side.

Transfers - Only incoming transfer was a pre-arranged transfer before I took over.

Finances

Me

Drew. IJ. Jupiler League. 2015/2016

Youth Intake - Two new strikers, erm yeah, okay then I guess, would have preferred a defender or goalkeeper.

Dirk Gillhaus YP2a has decent natural fitness and acceleration, will need to work on these if I think this kid will turn out decent.

Sergio Blackson YP2b is the 2nd striker to be tagged, and has decent composure and acceleration, that's about it.

Table - Pretty easy to stay up this season, the 3 youth representatives from the Eredivisie were easy, and the promoted side was easily dispatched.

Squad - Marc Langeveld was easily our best player, scoring 17 goals, he's just an incredible goal machine; Kevin Huijsman playing just behind Marc, 10 goals and a number of assists made him a vital player for us, I very much doubt I'll be able to keep him much longer if he carries on like this.

Jeffrey Valik YP1a got his first goal, which is important for a youngster, should push on next season.

Issam Messaouidi YP1b again like Valik, got his first goal and so should push on next season, has a lot of potential.

Transfers - Clean as a whistle.

Finances

Me

Sportfreunde Lotte

2015/16

League Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances - Squad - Youth Intake

Another ok season at Lotte, survived fairly comfortably with a thin on the ground squad. Finances becoming a real worry, not buying anyone, nothing special on wages yet losing money hand over fist including the continuous board cash injections. Youth intake this year was alot better with some decent looking prospects for me.

Yp1

Korlos YP1a - Progressing ok so far, nothing special. Might loan him out next season even though my squad is threadbare. Been capped for Greece U19 but my U19 manager doesn't seem to fancy him much :confused:

Yp2

Mollering YP2a - Probably the best of the crop, interesting AM C, already aiming him at a Striker role though.

Zimmermann YP2b - Some good stats already, but another CB, should have a decent defence for a few years at least.

Leipertz YP2c - Decent looking DM that ill find a role for in time.

Delbari YP2d - RM looks average at best but may be improvement in there.

Boy YP2e - Another defender looks average but will have to do :lol:.

Just experienced first hand the crazy contracts! Eddie Conway opts to go play in the Skrill North for £0 instead of signing the £400 a week contract with me grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Probably worth reporting it in http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370177-LL-Players-not-willing-to-negotiate-new-contracts - the more examples they get the better the chance they'll do something and fix it next update.

My star youngster seems to have become injury prone.

October 18: Gashed leg - 2 weeks

November 7: Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

December 12: Twisted ankle - 4 weeks

January 19: Torn hamstring - 3 months

And he just returned and in a youth match (to regain fitness) he got another torn hamstring and are out for another 3 months. His stats are diving and I'm afraid his career is on the line if this continues! :(

What are peoples views on sabotaging a potential promotion? I'm cheating slightly by using Stalybridge to try this challenge, but 6 seasons in and i am into League one and look set for automatic promotion.

My problem, or worry, is whether my players are actually up to the challenge of the championship, I still have 3 16 y/olds in my best first 11, and most of the rest have been with me since the conference. My understanding is that morale plays a role in player development, so a season spent getting spanked might in the championship might actually be worse than a decent season in league 2.

In a normal game i would obviously just take the promotion and wheel and deal my way to a decent squad, but what i really enjoy about this challenge so far is that you are forced to think much more long term than normal and are unable to rely on loans and free transfers to boost your squad.

AD_Sanjoanense_new.gif

XaW - Ad Sanjoanense - Liga Revolução 2018/19

Table - Past positions - Squad - Transfers - Finances

As we did a good first season in the second tier last season we started the season with high hopes of achieving a respectable league position. After a good start we found ourselves on the top of the table. We kept that place for the most of the season, but with Varzim and Olhanense close behind us. As the season went into the final phase we felt the possibility of promotion becoming clearer. One of the deciding matches was an away game at Varzim and we really showed them we want this promotion as we won it 4-1! In the end we won the whole thing and are promoted to the top tier! We are finally going up against the big teams, and hopefully we might be able to stay up.

In the Taça da Liga we got draw into a group with Paços Ferreira, Beira-Mar, Leixões and Portimonense. We did our best but ended in 3rd place and went out in the first phase. The Taça da Portugal went a bit better as we beat Beira-Mar, Vianense and Paços Ferreira(yes two teams from Taça da Liga here as well) before losing to premier outfit Gil Vicente in the 5th round.

Youth Intake:

Some good players in this years youth intake.

New players:

Henrique Sá (YP5a) - Report - Finally, a talented attacking midfielder. Should be part of the first team next season.

Torsten Jahnke (YP5b) - Report - Talented German-born defender.

Pedro Silva (YP5c) - Report - Great aerial strengths, but needs work.

José António Duarte (YP5d) - Report - Promising defensive midfielder.

Fourth Intake:

Pedro (YP4a) - Only got one match as a sub, but should get more next season.

João Paulo (YP4b) - Got loads of matches and are progressing well.

Naníssio Baldé (YP4c) - Did great and progressing good.

Valter Paulo (YP4d) - Still not comfortable as a central midfielder, but progressing well.

Third Intake:

Rúben Pinho (YP3a) - Great season and are the best central defender we got now.

Duarte (YP3b) - Out topscorer this season and progressing greatly.

Joaquim Tavares Almeida (YP3c) - Getting better, but still not comfortable as a DM.

Simão Mota (YP3d) - Got some matches and are a useful squad player.

Vasco Simões (YP3e) - Does well as both full back and central defender. Consistent performer.

Second Intake:

Jarbas Daniel (YP2a) - Our captain and regular on Portugal U19s.

António Couto (YP2b) - Loads of injuries this season, but does well when he is fit. Might be our best player.

Fábio (YP2c) - Progress seem to have stalled. Need to up his game.

Adérito Correia (YP2d) - Another solid season from our first choice right back.

First Intake:

André Rocha (YP1a) - A very good season, but his stats seem to have stopped progressing.

Marcelo Regadas (YP1b) - A solid season. Does everything that's asked of him.

Bruno Cunha (YP1c) - First choice goalkeeper and did well.

Rodrigo Ferreira (YP1d) - A good season.

Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - Very up and down. Can go from hattricks to horrible performances.

Rafa (Former YP1g) - Out on loan, but can't even impress in the 3rd tier.

Jonathan Gueifão (Former YP1h) - Horrible, just plain horrible.

António Correia (Former YP1j) - Nope

Rúben Sá (Former YP1k) - Too poor for this level, never mind the top tier.

Paulinho (Former YP1l) - Progression seem to have stopped, even though he got a match or two to impress.

Season	Division	Position	Europe		Top scorer		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15	NC - D		3rd/5th		N/A		Miguel Miranda - 11	Survived the relegation stage
2015/16	NC - D		2nd/2nd		N/A		Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17	Lost playoff final
2016/17	NC - D		1st/1st		N/A		Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17	Promoted as champions
2017/18	Liga Revolução	7th		N/A		André Rocha (YP1a) - 20	Mid table as newly promoted
2018/19	Liga Revolução	1st		N/A		Duarte (YP3b) - 26	Promoted as Champions

What are peoples views on sabotaging a potential promotion?

I would take promotion. Even if I would go straight down again the next season. The youngsters should get match practice against better players and you should get an increased fan base (=cash) and even if you go down you will have older players who have progressed more. This is in my opinion though.

Drew. IJ. Jupiler League. 2016/2017

Youth Intake - 3 decent youngsters, two midfielders and a striker.

Gijs Sietsma YP3a able to play in the centre of midfield or on the right, should be a welcome addition to the team.

Ruben Frijters YP3b able to play on the right, looks okay for this level, will need a lot of training and match practice if he is to make it into my team.

Sten van der Zwan YP3c this is more like it, decent pace, natural fitness, acceleration, and finishing, he will get quite a few games next season as I try to make him a first team regular.

Table another decent season.

Squad had a player score 20+ goals, big achievement for a side that was only promoted a few seasons ago.

Jeffrey Valik YP1a done okay, whilst mostly coming off of the bench.

Issam Messaouidi YP1b done very well, coming into the side when needed and making the centre of midfield his own in the latter stages of the season.

Dirk Gillhaus YP2a broke into the first team, done okay, will get some more game time next season.

Sergio Blackson YP2b not needed at the moment, will spend a few seasons in the youth and reserve side to get some game time.

Transfers all clean.

Finances

Me

Just incredible XaW. Very nice promotion. Good luck next season.

Thanks, the season have started well enough so far after a horrible pre-season where we lost all but one of our matches.

Hopefully the Sporting match will bring in some good money for you. Also, well done on the come-back! :applause:

Sportfreunde Lotte

2016/17

League Table - Graph - Transfers - Finances - Squad - Youth Squad - Youth Intake

A good season, bit up and down but finishing in the top half was a good achievement. Especially with some of our youth players getting there first appearances. Still not enough to get into next years German Cup. Another good intake, but again the best of the bunch play along the back where we have always been strongest anyway. Financially there's nothing i can do, the wage budget is cut back every year but its making no difference whatsoever.

Yp1

Korlos YP1a - Didn't go on loan in the end, stayed to cover the first team and progressed well with it, will get more chances next season but so far so good.

Hubert YP1b -Added a tag to this player, making steady improvements, but another CB

Yp2

Mollering YP2a - Highly rated by my coach, not massive improvements but he is still over a year away from being eligible for the 1st team

Zimmermann YP2b - Another CB but will definatly make the cut in time Imo.

Leipertz YP2c - Improvements steady if not spectacular.

Delbari YP2d - Not much to mention so far.

Boy YP2e - Lookin decent so far, may get some chances when he turns 17.

Yp3

Rudiger Hummels YP3a - Best looking prospect in this years crop, unsuprisingly another CB

Dirk Lindner YP3b - Not a CB thank god, a DM this time :lol:

Philipp Gloger YP3c - First attack minded decent youth iv had, will get his chance as a lone striker soon :D

Owl83 - Eintracht Trier - Season 1

Table

We were never in danger of being relegated really, and gradually moved away from the bottom 3 or 4 over the season. Especially after a change to 3-1-4-2 in late November. 3 defeats in the last 4 cost me a much higher finishing position

Albutrin Aliu was the star with 21 goals, although I think his time as the main striker will be short lived

Youth Intake

I forgot to screenshot the whole lot, but 5 got tagged as 'good/leading division 3' standard.

Jens Kohler YP01a - definitely something to work with here, although I dont play with a number 10 currently, I will look to change that though

Jason Cook YP01b - right winger who looks reasonable

Thierry Mununga YP01c - bags of flair and another number 10. Versatile too

Mehmet Aydin YP01d - big brave striker who could be a good foil for Maier long term

Torsten Friedrich YP01e - best of the lot apparently, but will have to re-train as a left mid due to my formation

Forgot to screenshot Simon Maier YP00a at the end of the season, but nothing remarkable had happened, his original screenshot is linked

Frustrating all of them are 14, going to be a couple of years before I can play them due to Germany's rules

Others

Contract negotiations were easy, and I secured a junior coaching upgrade, we also got our first international call up

Transfers are clean bar the pre-arranged one I mentioned in my previous post

Season 2 Aims

Finish in the top half

Get Maier on the pitch as much as I can!

@owl83 - RE: Toresten Friedrich. This is interesting, you're going to retrain a player with crossing 3 and dribbling 1 as a Left mid? would love to see how he turns out and how successful you are. keep us updated.

You make a good point! On reflection, DM could suit him, so I may look to play him there. Although in my formation I need my wingers to be good defensively, especially against the better sides. Something to think about anyway

Unione Triestina - 2014/15

League Table - Playout - Transfers - Finances - Youth Intake

A nervy 1st season where the board had an expectation of finishing 18th. Over the course of the season, the team had small patches of good form, but more often than not conceded far too many goals and put me in danger of finishing bottom for most of the season. In the end we finished 19th, 10 points clear of the drop, but needing to win a Playout to survive, with the match beign against a team who had beaten me in both games of the regular season. For some reason, luck finally appeared to be on my side as I won 5-4 on aggregate, meaning I've at least done better than in last yer's attempt by surviving the first season.

More worryingly for me is that despite only using half my wage budget, I've still lost nearly £700k this year and unless the club starts to break even soon, the chances of being able to develop the youth facilities seem remote. Also, despite more or less meeting the boards expectations, I'm now shown as Insecure - looks like if I'm to survive a 2nd season, I'll need to get this team winning a bit more.

Youth Season 1

Basically due to a lack of players currently in the youth team, and knowing I'm about to lose up to a dozen players in the summer from the senior team through a combination of them not being in my plans and not wanting to sign a new contract, I signed all 16 recommended youth propsects. While not all will stay long term, they'll do for the time being to fill out the side until hopefully some more good prospects come along - who knows, some of them may also develop in to decent players...

Out of this year's batch, there were 2 players who literally walked in to the first team on the day they signed their youth contracts, which I guess illustrates the challenge that the original squad is giving me... hopefully they'll hit their potential.

Sergio Rigo (YP01i)

Luigi Meliani (YP01f)

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2017/18

End of season

Prediction: 21st

Final position: 9th. Incredible step forward, and just like last season, 15 points more than the previous season. We are also the most improving club of the season.

Portuguese cup: Only 3th round, but eliminated by Spoting, so no shame at all, and a lot of money in the pocket.

League cup: Unbelievable 3th round stage and finish our campain with a win away at 1st division team Rio Ave.

Youth intake:.1 word: GREAT!!!

The players that I kept.

Victor Louçano (YP6a)

Francisco Machado (YP6b)

Alvaro Milhazes (YP6c)

André Soares (YP6d)

José Manuel Machado (YP6e)

Pedro Guerreiro (YP6f)

José Leal (YP6g)

Filipe Gonçalves (YP6i)

Goal for next season. Get an extra 15 points and play for promotion.

Drew. IJ. Jupiler League. 2017/2018

Youth Intake a good one this season, a new goalkeeper and centre back being the main highlight.

Jeroen Drost YP4a has a lot of work to be done before he will be a decent player, but has time on his hands.

Tristan de Wit YP4b has good finishing, heading and jumping reach, could be a decent target man in the future.

Brayen Zebeda YP4c has potential, will get one of my more experienced players to tutor him.

Kenny Jansen YP4d same with Zebeda.

Julian Beukers YP4e finally a half decent keeper, with my current one wanting to leave, and my others not up to standard, this kid could be my answer.

Maurice van den Berg YP4f has the potential to be a very good player for us, that is, if I can keep him for a few years.

Table what the hell happened here? We went from being decent to god awful, we were lucky that WKE (my old side from FM11) were even worse than us.

Squad our only saving grace was Langeveld scoring 17 goals.

Jeffrey Valik YP1a used as a sub most of the time.

Issam Messaoudi YP1b was in superb form for us this season, playing against pro's who are way older than himself, but that did not phase him.

Dirk Gillhaus YP2a done well in the games he was given, has some big clubs sniffing around him now though.

Sergio Blackson YP2b made a sub appearance and scored, done well in the reserves as well.

Gijs Sietsma YP3a got some game time, and down well.

Ruben Frijters YP3b done okay for the reserves, got a call up to the fall squad and done well in the couple of games he was given.

Sten van der Zwan YP3c couldn't afford to give him game time aa we were battling relegation.

Transfers

Finances

Me

Owl83 - Eintracht Trier - Season 2

Table

Well, that was a pleasant surprise! We were pretty much always in the promotion mix, going as high as 2nd on occasions. One win in my last 6, including a 7-4 loss, as we ran out of steam, cost me a play off spot. When this happened I thought it would leave me in a relegation battle as he is my main creative man in the centre of midfield, with no proper cover. Now I wonder what we could have achieved without that injury.

Squad

Albutrin Aliu was again top scorer, more on the reasons for that below. Other notable performers were centre back Christoph Buchner, winger Lennard Sowah and winger/striker Marco Quotschalla

Finances

These are rapidly going in the wrong direction. Mostly because my younger players are still too young, so I am having to keep on some expensive older players whilst I wait, this is compounded by small attendances

Youth Intake 2

Screenshot. 4 got tagged this year, not a lot behind that, but i signed an extra couple to cover me long term. Although I wont be tagging them unless they show remarkable progress.

Felix Stadelmann YP02a - thankfully a centre back, and a good prospect

Jens Low YP02b - another centre back who also looks promising

Jan-Lucas Kraft YP02c - another full back, which doesnt suit my system

Felix Chimander YP02d - striker, with some work on his movement he will be a decent player I think

Youth Player Progress

The guys in the U19's have shown some progress.

Jens Kohler YP01a

Jason Cook YP01b

Thierry Mununga YP01c

Mehmet Aydin YP01d

Torsten Friedrich YP01e

Only Simon Maier YP00a has been old enough to get game time. He didnt play as much as I had hoped as he is pretty injury prone, and he has already started to angle for a move to a bigger club......a hat trick in his 5th senior match did signal the talent we know he has though. Fortunately Aliu stepped up again and we were ok

Others

We got our second international call up

Transfers are clean

Season 3 Aims

Try to get promoted

Hopefully keep people fit and healthy for longer

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2018/19

Pre-season

Prediction for this season: again 21st, but only 150-1

Pre-season + league cup: Pre-season went OK, but as good as the league cup was last year, as bad was it this season.

The start of the season went actually perfect. 3 games and 3 wins gives us this league-position

I know the season is extremely long, but I'm 1st at the moment!!!!!

Rot Weiss Essen

Season Overview

Another season to forget....Far too inconsistent majority of the season spent winning a game, then drawing, then losing, then winning. Players are developing nicely just need to find consistency. Most of it can be down to me and my inability to feel settled with any tactic, changing up to half a dozen times throughout the season.

New Youth Intake

Poor. This intake was the straw that broke the camels back, the HoYD has been sacked and replaced with an Italian seen here Only two players managed to get a tag - and even then they're nothing special. In such contrast to the beginning of the challenge. Although I have noticed a number of players who have slipped through the initial assessment net and gained a tag which is promising.

Stephan GroBkreutz Not great, but it's a Right back that's much needed.

Christopher Wolf Not bad. Another striker, will be good back up for first choice.

One that slipped through the net...

Alban Shala He wasn't half as good at my team as he looks now, wasn't even tagged. I sold him for 51k and within a year he had been sold on again this time for 300k (although i managed to negotiate a % sell on and received a further 50k) Anyhoo...

Best of the rest

Can Yayla managed 24goals in 35 games. True meaning of the word indispensable! Turned down 350k for him.

Also a nice touch as he becomes a club legend at the tender age of 19!

Kai Nakowitsch One of three of the original first 11 still playing. Definitely too good for this level and constantly fending teams off for him.

Zekeriya Baskan Come on leaps and bounds and enough to make me change formation (again!) just tied down to 8 (eight) year deal!

Tekin Kilicarslan decent centre half pairing with Breuer.

Tim Breuer

As I was dejected about the previous season I have already carried on with this season. FINALLY cracked a tactic worth sticking with and currently sit top after 7 games.

So this could finally be RW Essens year. I wouldn't even be too sad if we just failed to go up - it'd just be nice to be in the top half for the majority of the season. I have a good feeling about this - new look backroom staff, new look tactic, new found morale. things are on the up :)

btw how do you tag players? You have to set a nickname and then write his name plus the tag?

That's how I do it. John Smith becomes John Smith (YP1a).

As you can see through the thread people have different ways of naming them and I mostly use it to know which season they came through and I usually give the one I think will be best tags first. So in my game the one with 'a' should be better than 'd', though I could be wrong as the seasons pass. I think this give me insight into what brings out the best in players and I might learn something from it as well. :)

Archived