ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wealdstone FC - Season 1: 2014/15

dwditx.jpg

League | Squad | Transfers* | Finances

* Transfers in were done before I joined the club.

Youth Candidate Attributes:

Dominic Artun | Harry Mitchell | Nigel Jones | Mike Dooley

A very good first season with a fairly average squad that over performed. Finished 2nd in the league but missed out on promotion in the play-offs. We finished with the best defence in the league, conceding just 47 goals.

MY constant nagging of the board saw my youth facilities upgraded and I managed to get some extra youth funding out of them as well. Sixteen reccommended youth candidates this season at least holds some promise for the future.

Vastra Frolunda IF - Season 29 Review (2042)

vastra_frolunda_80.png

League Table | League Positions Graph | Squad Stats | Transfers | Finances | Seasons Records

Competitions

Premier Division : 1st - Results

Swedish Cup : Winners

Swedish Super Cup : Winners

Champions League : Winners

European Super Cup : Winners

World Club Championship : Winners

Season Review

Everything clicked, we did it!

Not only did we finally make a full run in the Champions League, after an astonishing win there we went on to win the European Super Cup and the World Club Championship.

Domestically we continued to dominate, with our 15th straight league title, 7th straight Swedish Cup and 10th straight Swedish Super Cup.

On the European front;

Champions League.

1st Knockout Round - Barcelona, a tricky assignment. We won the away leg 2-1 to give us a great chance. The second leg was thankfully very uneventful, and a professional 2-0 win gave us a comfortable aggregate win!

Quarter Finals - Atletico - More Spanish opposition. Home leg first, and a good 3-1 win, although the away goal gave cause for concern. The away leg was again a very professional display from an increasingly mature and experienced squad. 0-0 and progression to our 3rd semi final appearance in 3 years.

Semi Finals - Portuguese opposition this time with FC Porto. Away leg first, and another good professional display saw us return home with a 0-0 scoreline. An away goal would have been great, and the chances of them scoring in the second leg certainly make you nervous, but we have been great at home to this point. And that proved to be the case, with a fantastic 3-0 win. An early goal in the 5th minute settled the nerves and then a double just before the half time whistle all but settled the tie. So on to our first ever Champions League final!

The Final - The mighty PSG waited for us and they have a great squad. The first half was a nightmare, 2 goals for PSG and we are staring defeat in the face. A half time reality check for the players, and switch upfront and back out they go with a purpose. We were attacking nicely, but not getting through, but then finally in the 59th minute we get on the scoresheet via Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) and give ourselves a chance! PSG were reeling and 7 minutes later the game is all square again thanks to Jacob Nordh (YP 23B) who came on at half time. The game stayed relatively even after that, although we restricted PSG to no more efforts on goal. Then in the 81st minute, captain Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) broke free and his shot / presence was enough to force what was credited as a PSG own goal, and with just 9 minutes left we were ahead in the Champions League final! Things got very tense at this point, and PSG certainly had worrying possession in and around our box. Deep into injury time, we win the ball back deep, launch a clinical long ball counter to our outlet and Tomas Lundgren (YP 25A) makes no mistake in securing the biggest prize and making it 4-2!

Highlights below!

[video=youtube_share;Bf335eegK48]

European Super Cup

Against AC Milan. And again we had to be the comeback kings to claim the title, although not nearly as dramatically as in the Champions League final. A very even game, Milan finally took the lead on 54 minutes. Seven minutes later 17yr old Leigh Baynes (YP 28A) leveled the scores and then after being on the pitch for just 3 minutes 33 yr old Tomas Hermansson (YP 12C) scores what turns out to be the winner!

Highlights below!

[video=youtube_share;B5kl6ZbpjgY]

World Club Championship

In the semi finals we drew Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors of South Korea. Truth be told, despite dominating possession and attempts on goal, our rotated

line-up did not perform very well and it was not until the 92nd minute that we made sure of things with a 3rd goal in a 3-1 win.

This set up a final against Fluminense of Brazil, in the snow infront of 80,000 in the Birds Nest in Beijing! And the resting of several first

teamers just days before in the semi final paid off, as my last ever game as Vastra Frolunda manager was a comprehensive 4-0 win! By this stage

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) had started to drop off on the pitch, and was only on the subs bench for the game. With the game nicely in hand, he was

brought on for his swansong after 75 minutes and promptly dispatched a penalty for what I thought to be our last ever goal. Robbin Carlsson (YP

19A) had other ideas and a typical piece of wingback magic from him laid the 4th and final goal on a plate for Leigh Baynes (YP 28A).

Highlights below!

[video=youtube_share;tsC6ARPfJNs]

Youth Intake

I didn't screenshot anything, as the challenge had already been completed, I was just finishing the season to get to the World Club Championship. That said, we got a 4.5* potential Egyptian striker who looks fantastic! Sadly, he will never play :(

"Frolunda Five"

Robbin Carlsson (YP 19A) - Top quality attacking full back. Man of the Matches in both the European Super Cup and World Club Championship final. Always a threat down the left.

Michael Benjaminsson (YP 17A) - With Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) lasting so long in the first team, Michael will not get as much time as first anticipated to play the string puller. But he has been superb over the years.

Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A) - Mr Vastra Frolunda. The now 34 yr old has been instrumental in everything we have achieved for the past 17 seasons.

Jacob Nordh (YP 23B) - While Michael Benjaminsson (YP ) might be Oscar Karlsson (YP 12A)'s heir apparent, Jacob is Michael's. Quality from MC, AMC or FC. Jacob came off the bench in the Champions League final and inspired the remarkable comeback, rightfully claiming man of the match honors.

Jonas Perman (YP 20) - An untagged youth product, who quietly worked his way into the starting eleven with quality performances.

Miscellaneous

So, challenge finished!

Some quick stats;

Games Managed - 1,232

Games Won - 855 (69.4%)

Games Drawn - 169 (13.7%)

Games Lost - 208 (16.9%)

Goals For - 3,135 (2.54 per game)

Goals Against - 1,893 (1.54 per game)

Career Achievements - Note, I never once was awarded the Swedish Manager of the Year award, despite our domestic domination!

FM15 Goals

* A new country, a new team!

Trophy Cabinet

xebuRVx.jpg

Champions League                 - 2042
Europa League                    - 
European Super Cup               - 2042
World Club Championship          - 2042
Swedish Premier League           - 2042, 2041, 2040, 2039, 2038, 2037, 2036, 2035, 2034, 2033, 2032, 2031, 2030, 2029, 2028, 2026
Swedish First Division Elite     - 2019
Swedish First Division South     - 2017
Swedish Regional Second Division - 2014
Swedish Cup                      - 2042, 2041, 2040, 2039, 2038, 2037, 2036, 2034, 2033, 2031, 2030, 2026
Swedish Super Cup                - 2042, 2041, 2040, 2039, 2038, 2037, 2036, 2035, 2034, 2033, 2031, 2030, 2029, 2027

speaking of which...

Media Prediction : 15th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Personal Expectations: Play-outs or better

Whilst survival was guaranteed with 2 games to go, I'm still a little disappointed with finishing 10th, the team was sitting comfortably in the top half before a late season slump. Though by the looks of it we're still playing too defensively, so I'm going to work on a more balanced approach to the game, and just used the defensive approach against the bigger teams. Financially the team looks okay for the foreseeable future as long as we keep getting respectable league placing as we only really hit the black once the league bonus hit in, which of course I pleaded with the board to relay the pitch (for the first time) and to yet again increase junior spending. I'm probably going to have to wait it out for any future expenditures, as the board wasn't too keen on either of those ideas.

Youth Team

Apparently being in the North of Sweden means you get tall(ish) physical players as I yet again get a couple of decent tall defensive players

Alexander Carlsson :- Is probably going to end up in the DM spot, as with previous years selections I'm pretty much overflowing with defensive choices

Rasmus Wahlgren :- yet again, a defender who will end up in midfield

As I may potentially want wingers in the future, the HoYD did not have his contract renewed.

Targets for next season: Top half or better

4385582_W700.jpg

XaW - FSV Zwickau - 1. Bundesliga

Table - Past positions - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Our first season in the top tier of the German football pyramid! I knew from the start it would be a very hard season, and we soon found I was right. We stayed around the relegation zone the whole season and in the end we got the play-off spot by goal difference. In the relegation play-off we won both games 2-1 against Dresden and kept our spot.

The highlight of the season were the DFB-Pokal, the German cup. After a great 12-0 win against non-league Hadamar we also beat 1860 München and Stuttgart to get to the quarter final. A nervy 2-2 draw at Köln meant the game went to pens where we managed to keep our cool. In the semi final we were up against another surprise team in 2. Bundesliga outfit Dresen, the team I would late face in the relegation play-off. 0-0 at full time took the match to extra time, but once again we went out on top as we got a goal. So, we were in the final and our opponent? Bayern of course. The team who had ran away in the league and beaten us twice already. We did out best and almost held them, but a Pogba freekick in overtime gave them the trophy. Still, we got qualified for Europa League since Bayern already are going to Champions League. We enter the 3rd qualifying round.

Financially we are very solid. Another upgrade to the youth and training facilities are on the way as well as a stadium expansion.

Youth Intake:

Another good youth intake this season with one playing in particular.

New players:

Umar Ameobi (YP7a) - Report - An amazing talent! Would be ready for the first team already, but have to wait until he is 17.

Alexander Dworschak (YP7b) - Report - Great attacking midfielder with a very bright future.

Sebastian Varnhagen (YP7c) - Report - Goalkeeper with a lot of talent.

Sixth season:

Adnan Thurnbichler (YP6a) - Great progress from the young defender.

Marko Stojinic (YP6b) - Getting better and are soon able to play.

Arne Bock (YP6c) - Amazing development all over.

Kemal Abdioğlu (YP6d) - Good progress.

Fifth season:

Berti Thomsen (YP5a) - Good progress.

Tayfun Turhan (YP5b) - Decent progress and should be part of the main squad next season.

Günther Schilk (YP5c) - Should get a lot of matches next season.

Christian Hilbert (YP5e) - Another one who'll get matches.

Bülent Sabanci (YP5f) - Old enough for the main squad now.

Guiseppe Piraccini (YP5g) - Great progress from the full back.

New - Okan Yilmaz (YP5h) - Report - A greatly talented defender. Got loads of matches and did good.

Fourth season:

Francesco Perinelli (YP4a) - Gave him some matches this season and he did good.

Filip Köppel (YP4b) - Got lots of matches and did good.

Dieter Dick (YPYP4c) - Lots of matches, but most as a sub.

Angelo Martinelli (YP4d) - Got some matches, but might not be cut out for this level of football.

New - Nikos Ramatanis (YP4e) - Report - Very good right back.

Third season:

Mirko Lässig (YP3a) - Got a lot of matches and did ok, but the stats have stalled.

Harald Vogel (Former YP3b) - Not good enough for this level.

Özdemir Sağlam (YP3c) - Not many matches, but did well when called upon.

Second season:

Drazen Kovacevic (YP2a) - First choice this season and did ok.

Tom Kegel (YP2c) - A good season from the midfielder.

Marco Berg (Former YP2e) - Not Bundesliga material.

First season:

Dennis Schuster (YP1a) - Solid season.

Tom Heinisch (YP1d) - Another decent season from our best defender.

Erjon Pashaj (YP1e) - Another fantastic season.

Daniel Götz (YP1j) - A good season from our captain.

Goran Sivric (Former YP1k) - Suddenly stopped coming to training and started complaining about everything. Stopped playing him and it got even worse. Looking to get rid of him asap.

Goran Markovic (YP1l) - Backup on the left back.

Season	Division	Position	Europe		Top scorer		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15	3. liga		10th		N/A		Florian Pickel - 11	Mid-table
2015/16	3. liga		11th		N/A		Hubert Bylicki - 16	Mid-table
2016/17	3. liga		13th		N/A		Kazantsev (YP1f) - 16	Mid-table
2017/18	3. liga		2nd		N/A		Götz (YP1j) - 24	Promotion!
2018/19	2. Bundesliga	7th		N/A		Götz (YP1j) - 12	Mid-table
2019/20	2. Bundesliga	1st		N/A		Götz (YP1j) - 29	Promoted as champions!
2020/21	1. Bundesliga	16th		N/A		Pashaj (YP1e) - 13	Survived. Qualified for Europa League

Polish Flash 2015/16

Youth Intake

Season 2 :

Socha YP02 Mby something he will do :D

Streciwilk YP02 40+ yo Wyparlo retires so hes jumping in first squad

Season 1 :

Gilar YP01 Went good im happy he will play more in s3

Benesz YP01 Not so much jump in skills but still beliving in s3

Banka YP01 I hope he will be main DC in s3

Fryc YP01 Good season i hope he will play better if he doing coz skills he got but play is not really soo good imo ;)

Good season i was on first place long time but then i had bad from and lost the promotion . I need to play with my 16 yo keeper next season so i dont belive in promotion . At the end my fac went down coz of technology (DIE!) . Im allready ending s3 just before s3 intake . Fryc playd 4 times for u19 Poland then calls stop mby they got something better on hes spot . Streciwilk Banka and Gilar get also they calls :) Gooing good finance are very bad right now i hope i can get in first league in next 2 seasons and can sell someone for some money :)

Paufc.jpg

Pau FC - Season 2014/15

First Team Squad - Transfers* - League Table - Facilities

*Perali was already agreed prior to starting

Competitions

Championnat National

Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
13th	12	3	19	59	71	-11	39

Coupe de France

Sixth Round	Pau FC	2-0	ES Blanquefort
Seventh Round	Pau FC	2-0	FC Rhône-Vallée
Eighth Round	Stade Plabbenécois	4-2a	Pau FC (FT 2-2)

Stats

Leading scorer - Matthias Verschave, 17

Top assister - Sofiane Taïbi, 9

Player of the season - Sofiane Taïbi, 23 games Ave Rat 7.21

2015 Youth Intake

Henri Roche (YP01a) - FRA / HAI - ST © - Report

Potential leading Ligue 2/good Ligue 1 striker. This kid is a stud. He is already drawing interest from higher level teams, and he could develop into any type of striker based on his stats, so I will be seeing how he develops before he gets a role.

Benoît Marquès (YP01b) - FRA - GK - Report

Potential leading Ligue 2 goalkeeper. Looks like a very good goalkeeper in the making. Has good height and physicals for his age, and I look forward to watching him grow.

Dariusz Banas (YP01c) - FRA / POL - ST © - Report

Potential leading National striker. A very solid looking striker with decent physicals. His physicals, combined with his height, lend him to being more of a poacher, so the hope is that Roche may become a Target Man so we can have a good all round attack in the future.

Athoumani Nadhamou (YP01d) - FRA / COM - M/AM © - Report

Potential good National centre midfielder. Looks solid enough, but no clear role he could fill yet. His development will be monitored closely, as I fear he will end up losing his tag.

Summary

Overall a solid season. A couple of bad runs in the middle of the season meant we were looking like contenders for relegation, but we were never really dragged into the relegation fight properly. Safety was only secured with a game to play, however. Goals were not a problem, 5th highest scorers in the league. Defence was our weakness, though, shipping 71 goals meaning we had the second worst Goals Against tally in the league.

Next season could be tough, a lot of key players are getting on a bit, and I fear it is a season too early to begin introducing the youth players. Again, survival is the aim, along with good development of the youngsters.

FC Petrzalka 1898

petrzalkalogo.jpg

Season 2014/2015 Summary:

First season is over, and we managed to do what the board expected from us.

We did not get relegated, although we were quite close to that.

All this was only because of the matches towards the end of a season, as we lost majority of them.

During the season I thought we might achieve mid-table finish, but that losing series caused we finished just clear of relegation.

Goals for next season:

Finish higher that last time (10th)

Concede less goals (68)

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - the good first part

Fixtures 2 - the bad last part

Youth Intake

Baker Ahmed YP01 - great potential in this young striker, he will be first team player instantly

Andrej Bumbera YP01 - although a little less talented than Ahmed, he can be a good striker eventually

Milos Stas YP01 - can develop into a good midfielder

Season      League             Position    Cup                 Europe        Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Second Division    10th        Second round        N/A           Not relegated

Sorry guys, got really carried away, I have actually played 4 seasons of this as I am enjoying it so much and I am doing amazing as you will see soon, I will post them up in the next couple of weeks, saved every season so should be fine!

Chernomorets-Novoross..png

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 4th Season Update (2017-18)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

I'm very happy with the progress we've made this season. We started the season with 2 straight losses and I thought we were going to have a very difficult time. We then proceeded to climb up the table and hover around the last playoff position. That is where I stayed all season long. Towards the end of the season, 4 of my best players all decided to get injured at the same time. I ended up losing the last 2 matches and slipped down to 5th position on the last day to be denied my first chance at (possible) promotion. Overall, huge steps forward.

Last season's goals:

1) Keep a hold of all my best young players. SUCCEEDED

2) Win at least one Russian Cup match for the first time. SUCCEEDED but only won one

3) Finish in the top half (so 10th or higher). SUCCEEDED

TABLE

SQUAD

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Key Players

Aleksandr Kudryavtsev - Another great season for the attacking mid. Threaten to quit the team if we didn't get relegated but changed his mind at the end of the season. Became a club icon.

Stanislav Dyshekov (15a) - Better season from him. Showed some glimpses of greatness. A bit inconsistent but still the best striker on the team by far.

Alexey Koltyarov - His best season so far. Was a bit surprising. Really stepped it up when we were struggling with injuries.

YOUTH INTAKE

Poor intake again this season. Only one worth tagging:

Oleg Zolot'ko (18a) - Good potential at probably our deepest position. May not get the chance to play for a couple of years.

EARNED TAG

I've only been tagging players that I think will get a chance at regular first team football. I decided to add this category for players that develop beyond the initial expectations. When an untagged ex-youth candidate gets 10 league apps with the team, he get a tag with the letter "x". One player received this honour...

Sergey Gorshkov (15x) - To be fair, he only received the tag because of poor depth at the striker position. 29 total apperances over 2 years and only 3 goals. He must definitely improve.

Goals for next season:

1) Get at least into playoffs

2) Finally get some facility upgrade(s)

3) Have fun!

Paufc.jpg

Pau FC - Season 2015/16

First Team Squad - Transfers - League Table - Facilities

Competitions

Championnat National

Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
11th	13	7	14	53	53	0	46

Coupe de France

Sixth Round	Le Poiré-sur-Vie VF	2-3	Pau FC
Seventh Round	US Ban St-Martin	0-4	Pau FC
Eighth Round	Blagnac FC	0-1	Pau FC
Ninth Round	AJ Auxerre	3-2	Pau FC

Stats

Leading scorer - Slim Harbaoui, 11

Top assister - Henri Roche (YP01a) & David Ackermann, 8

Player of the season - Cyril Pérali, 33 games Ave Rat 7.15

2016 Youth Intake Forgot to screenshot individual reports. Argh.

Jacques Charenton (YP02a) - FRA - DM

Potential good Ligue 2 midfielder. Decent base physicals for his age, but his personality and mentals could do with some work.

Jérémie Heinrich (YP02b) - FRA - M ©

Potential decent Ligue 2 midfielder. Looks a bit of a lightweight, and no clear defined best role.

Cédric Lemaire (YP02c) - FRA - ST ©

Potential leading National striker. His physicals look great for his age which is a good start, and is another in the Henri Roche mould who could probably play a number of roles. Stamina is an issue.

Nicolas Ludwig (YP02d) - FRA - D ©

Potential leading National defender. Decent base stats, but perhaps a little bit short to be a centre back. Coaches have marked him as currently the best player in this crop, so he will be monitored closely.

A couple of others looked decent, and other tags could be handed out in the future. Overall a solid, deep intake, which provides depth in some key areas.

Current YPs

Henri Roche (YP01a) - Stats

Won the starting role halfway through the season and didn't disappoint. Looks to be developing into a nice target man, with a bit of mobility and pace to boot. Really liking the look of him.

Benoît Marquès (YP01b) - Sold to AJ Auxerre.

Dariusz Banas (YP01c) - Sold to Jagiellonia.

Athoumani Nadhamou (YP01d) - Stats

Showed some development, but still has no clear role unlike Roche. Make or break season for him, as he could be reaching his ceiling.

Summary

Started the season with 2 points from five games, ended it with an outside shot at promotion before a late season slump. The pack was ridiculously close this season, and it turned out 40 points ws not enough to survive unlike the previous two seasons. An early goal crisis was solved when we paired Roche with Harbaoui, a newgen from the class before I started, who scored over 20 goals between them.

It was unfortunate to lose Banas and Marques, but there was nothing I could do, even though I believed they had already agreed pro deals. And hopefully we make a bit of money with them down the line when they're sold on.

Overall, showed decent progress as a team. The defence shored up, and Florent Petit became a great goalkeeper, keeping out shots he would have perhaps let in beforehand. Put together a decent cup run too, and that'll be an aim of next season - to hopefully meet one of the big boys in the later rounds. Promotion may be a season too early, but a top half finish is definitely possible next season.

On another peculiar note, our equal top assister David Ackermann started out life as a 1.5* PA left back, and the departure of Hicham M'Laab left us without a proper left winger. Somehow, Ackermann stepped in and claimed the spot for his own...so yeah, moral of the story, don't be afraid to experiment :D

• 2 weeks later...

foligno_calcio_2_logo_primary.jpg

Well Well Well

Paul_Adams_News_Inbox_8.jpg

A season of more ups than downs... good start followed by a poor autumn. Improved in winter with a tweak in tactics and then a very strong finish.

Despite a ***** intake (forgot to take screenie, although I've taken one each of the 3 (yes 3) players I bothered to sign), I got promoted via playoffs. Came a very strong 2nd in the league and then playoffs seemed formality.

Although I am delighted with promotion I now have the dilemma, do I give new contracts to average players or let them go.

Got players on far too much (750-900) for that league but I should get more money in Serie B. I might take a huge risk and lower my wage bill just for financial reasons.

Here are some screenies -

League

http://s13.postimg.org/5yn2d4c93/Italian_Serie_C1_B_Overview_Profile.png

News

http://s21.postimg.org/9ogq0gfpj/Paul_Adams_News_Inbox_6.png

Intaken Players

http://s2.postimg.org/sh5hu6kh5/YP03a_Antimo_Di_Domenico_Overview_Attributes.png

future serie B star

http://s13.postimg.org/bbgi4zpjb/YP03b_Denis_Perna_Overview_Attributes.png

future B star

http://s14.postimg.org/ox13fuvtt/YP03c_Renzo_Micheli_Overview_Attributes.png

future good serie C player

Transfers

http://s29.postimg.org/xchtwn487/Foligno_Transfers_Transfer_History_4.png

Well after a combination of exams and getting frustrated with the game, I went Barcelona and smashed everyone in my path to get my confidence back up and now I'm back on my RW Essen game. For those who remember I had taken Essen from Third division to the Bundesliga by 2020, however then suffered relegation keeping my job by the skin of my teeth. Well after restarting the table currently looks like this Can Yayla after a poor season in the bundesliga is on fire this season with 16 goals so far. Everything looks on course to take back to the Bundesliga at first time of asking!

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 5th Season Update (2018-19)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

We won the league easily. Stayed top all season long and were never in danger of being caught. I'm a little worried about moving up to the Russian Premier Division at this point, our facilities are very poor and we can never get anything upgraded. I haven't had a decent intake since my second season and we're now thin at every position except goalkeeper.

Last season's goals:

1) Get at least into playoffs. SUCCEEDED, won the league!

2) Finally get some facility upgrade(s). :-(

3) Have fun! SUCCEEDED! It was great fun dominating the league.

TABLE

SQUAD

TRANSFERS

Key Players

Aleksandr Kudryavtsev - Although Alek had another great season, he wasn't as consistent. I subbed him out of many games due to very average performances which I don't remember having to do in previous years. I'm hoping he can keep up in the Premier.

Stanislav Dyshekov (15a) - Suprised I was able to get that many games from him this season with his history of injuries. Finished 3rd in the league's top goalscorer race with 20.

Evgeny Kornilov - The surprise of the season with 11 assists from the right back. His best season with the club at the age of 33. But can he compete in the Premier?

YOUTH INTAKE

Poor poor poor. The worst intake yet. No player worth tagging. I've only had two decent intakes so far and they were my first two seasons. Hired a new HOYD in the hopes of reversing my fortunes.

EARNED TAG (untagged youth candidates earning a tag after 10 league apps)

None received the honour this season.

Goals for next season:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Finally get some facility upgrade(s)

3) Make a profit (excluding player sales)

FC Petrzalka 1898

petrzalkalogo.jpg

Season 2015/2016 Summary:

Second season saw us getting a better grip at our division, finally settling in the 8th place, which is an improvement.

Also, we got some good youth prospects, which means we are just going to get stronger over time.

All 3 youth players I highlighted last year were also capped in U19 national Slovakian team. Ahmed a bit earlier, but in the end all 3 made it into the team.

Let's get better through the following year!

Goals for last season:

Finish higher that last time (10th) = Success (8th)

Concede less goals (68) = Success (61)

Goals for next season:

Finish higher that last time (8th)

Get positive goal difference (will be tough)

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - the good first part

Fixtures 2 - the bad last part

Youth Intake

Marian Sedlak YP2 - a GREAT potential, will be retrained to MR, as I feel he has the right stats for that position, and our DRs are good

Norbert Seman YP2 - nice addition to the squad, as our key MC is leaving this season, he might jump onto the train instantly to get playtime

My previous worthwhile youth products:

Baker Ahmed YP1 - proved to be just what I expected, scored plenty of goals

Andrej Bumbera YP1 - following Ahmed by developing very quickly

Milos Stas YP1 - will now be the best central midfielder in the club after departure of Gajdos, who wanted to leave

Season      League             Position    Cup                 Europe        Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Second Division    10th        Second round        N/A           Not relegated
2015/16     Second Division     8th        Second round        N/A           Nothing

Well after a combination of exams and getting frustrated with the game, I went Barcelona and smashed everyone in my path to get my confidence back up and now I'm back on my RW Essen game. For those who remember I had taken Essen from Third division to the Bundesliga by 2020, however then suffered relegation keeping my job by the skin of my teeth. Well after restarting the table currently looks like this Can Yayla after a poor season in the bundesliga is on fire this season with 16 goals so far. Everything looks on course to take back to the Bundesliga at first time of asking!

Just finished this season finished second. 15 points clear at one point however not sure what happened but my team lost all confidence and lost to all the bottom teams (very realistic :rolleyes: ) but this page isn't for gripes at the gameplay! My favourite part about this game so far is the state of my facilities both training and youth facilities are soon to become state of the art too. Well here goes for a second crack at the Bundesliga...plan is to try to survive at all costs! Come on RW Essen!

Media Prediction : 13th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Personal Expectations: Top half

Well the season was somewhat surprising, was leading the league for most of the season, but another late season slump saw the team slip out of the automatic promotion spots. Finishing in 3rd mean we had to play the 3rd worst team from the premier league, with a cage 0-0 home draw, the team finally got promotion via a 3-1 away win.

The team also gets the added bonus of turning professional by getting promotion, so I can finally sign top players on the team so they get the added benefit of finally being able to train full time.

Youth Team

A lot more wing players this season due to the back office change of a new HoYD, though with just the 1 obvious stand out player.

Adam Marklund :- Quite possibly the player I now have to shape my team around.

Next seasons targets:- not to embarrass myself too much in the Premier league.

Chernomorets - Russian First Division - 6th Season Update (2019-20)

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

The Russian Premier Division was a big step up for us. I'm very happy we survived. I don't think we're out of the lower table yet but this season was a good learning experience. We were tied on points with Volga NN (a fellow promoted side from last year) but the first tie breaker in the league is wins which allowed us to stay out of the relegation playoff. This season, our preferred first eleven was the same as last year but I expect that next year we'll see new players take over some of those weaker positions. Key player Alek Kudryavtsev has, for the second season in a row, been disappointing for his standards. He is 29 so I won't rule him out just yet but he has to do better. I am also looking at permenantly replacing Kornilov and Ganiev at DR and DL. They are not up to the standard required in this league. Bright Russian U19 keeper Malorod (17a) has left us for CSKA Moscow. The 2.9m offer was too much to refuse and I already have a very good keeper in Artemov.

Last season's goals:

1) Avoid relegation. SUCCESS

2) Finally get some facility upgrade(s). Halfway there, youth facilities are being upgraded.

3) Make a profit (excluding player sales). SUCCESS

TABLE

SQUAD

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Key Players

Stanislav Dyshekov (15a) - 14 goals in his first RPD season. Couldn't ask for more really. His value has skyrocketed to 4.7m but the interest in him has cooled. He'll continue to be the main threat for us.

Timur Medyanskiy - His best season so far. His speed is really paying off on the attacking end. I'm looking for him to be the new Aleksandr Kudryavtsev for years to come.

YOUTH INTAKE

First decent intake in a while. I'm looking for them to make an early impact. I tagged the first 4.

Abdurazak Chirva (20a) - Good looking central defender that can also play as a target man up front. He's got height and strength for his age. Will be interested in how he develops in the U19. DC is a pretty deep position for me but will still make sure he gets some first team action.

Vladimir Zelensky (20b) - I needed someone to play alongside Dyshekov (15a) and this is the guy. Hopefully he can step up for a few games next season.

Maxim Saveljev (20c) - My current two DM have been just ok this season so I'm happy to get a promising prospect to perhaps take over at some point.

EARNED TAG (untagged youth candidates earning a tag after 10 league apps)

Roman Tkachev (15x) - Good tall defender. Has all the right skills to be good at his position but that is it, nothing extra.

Vladimir Selin (18x) - The surprise of the 2018 class. May become a useful midfielder especially as the old guard get replaced.

Artem Kozin (17x) - Shows you how thin I am on the right side that this guy has accumulated more than 10 apps. Hoping not to have to rely on him too much.

Goals for next season:

1) At least 36 points

2) Get the recruitment network upgrated

Decided to have a last blast at this before FM2014. I had a run earlier in spain, but as usually a patch came out (14.1 i think) which pretty much ruined the game for me after about 5 seasons. Im assuming we are past the patches for FM14, so should at least have a clear run. Ive enjoyed Portugal, Holland and Spain before and made it to the top divisions but never won a thing.

So this time its Italy, probably one of the hardest but one that has been completed at least once before, on FM2013 by duffy IIRC.

After understanding the confusing league restructure at the end of season one, i managed to make sure i pick a team who were truley promoted from non playable

Piacenza

Piacenza_Calcio-logo-4A564B0FF2-seeklogo.com_.gif

A club with quite a bit of history, and one i remember watching in Serie A in the 90s. Who can forget Pietro Vierchowod playing out his final years there.

Manager profile

Proof that they were non playable (For those who dont know, Italy is confusing as the bottom league disappears after season 1, but some clubs are still promoted from non playable leagues).

Squad looks ok, and decent facilities and a big stadium. Lets get started........

qmRiiOF.png

Lusitânia Açores - season 2014/15

League Table (First Phase | Second Phase) - we had a strong start to the season and unfortunately we were very short of qualifying to the promotion stage.

French Cup - the draw wasn't very favorable and yet we could have eliminated two higher division teams.

Squad (Transfers) - some positions are weak but I can't really complain as I have a decent group to work with.

Finances - at this level the losses are inevitable, there's not much to apart from arranging friendlies.

Key Player Profiles:

Diogo Picanço - he was our most enlightened player throughout the season.

Cris - he was a danger from the right wing.

Jorge Cruz - he had to be adapted to a left winger as he was the only option available from the start, and didn't do bad at all.

Career Overview

Season     Division          Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    CNS-H             3rd/1st

Nice work kingjericho

Not sure im going to last out the season in Italy. Getting absolutely shelled. 8 Games in, we have 2pts and have scored 9 goals whilst conceding a shocking 24. 3 goals a game we are shipping. We are 4pts of second bottom and 6pts from safety. Morale is rock bottom which is the hardest part of FM14 by a distance - once morale drops its so hard to get back.

Time to try some ulta defensive anti-football i think!

qmRiiOF.png

Lusitânia Açores - season 2015/16

League Table (First Phase | Second Phase) - an improvement from last season especially in goals scored allowed us to play the promotion stage, where after a bad start (1-2-2 in the first 5 matches) we qualified to the promotion playoff that we won.

Portuguese Cup - a poor performance resulted in an early exit.

Squad (Transfers) - some players are retiring and some kids from this year's youth intake (I forgot to take a screenshot) will have first squad minutes next season.

Finances - we managed to leave this division before the situation became dramatic, now things will improve in the second division.

Key Player Profiles:

Magina - he had a great season, with an average of almost 1 goal per match.

Cris - he missed some matches because of injuries but returned in time to be decisive in the promotion playoff.

Diogo Picanço - a good season overall, also with an important away goal in the playoff.

Career Overview

Season     Division          Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    CNS-H             3rd/1st
2015/16    CNS-H             1st/2nd      Promotion via playoff

Have been following this thread, but stopped posting. Just lost interest at my Castellon career.

But I start again and now in Germany. East Germany it will be. I am the new manager of 1. FC Magdenburg. Hopefully I will bring back the good days of the mid 70's, when they won the Euro Cup.

Yup, well Italy turned out to be a complete disaster...............

After my last post, where i said it was time for some defensive football to arrest a woeful form slide, i set up a back 5 for the next match. Sweeper behind a 4, with 4 in midfield and just a lone striker. Defensive and deep. Frustrate them and try and snatch a draw was the idea.

At half time, i was 5 nil down........if it was possible to resign at half time, i would have! In anger, i decided to play 334 in the second half. We scored 3 unanswered goals! Still lost 5 v 3 though...... Decided to try a few matches with the crazy attacking tactic, but after a further 3 defeats, staring the sack and certain relegation in the face, i did the honorable thing and fell on my sword. Shame as i was looking forward to seeing what the good youth recruitment and facilities might have brought!

I may go back to Italy, but for now i decided to head to the land of dykes and edam. I played in Fm12 as Isjmeervogels, so this time i have chosen EVV Echt to manage.

Couldnt be more different that Piacenza. We have very poor facilties all round, and are only semi-pro with a mix of part time and amatuer contracts.

My forward line consists of a couple of "known" faces at least. A 38yr old Laurens Ten Heuvel who plied his trade in the english lower league through the mid to late 90s (I remember managing him in something like CM96/97!). Alongside him i have Liverpool reject Jordy Brouwer, who spent 5 years in the youth system at Anfield but failed to make the breakthrough

Lets see if we can at least make it to youth intake day without being sacked or forced to resign in shame!

Wow, i dont think ive ever done this badly in any version of FM!

Managed to speed through a season in Holland, as i had a free day today. We were hit and miss but i thought we were ok as we finished the season 17th out of 20, and there is only one relegation spot. However to my horror, as all 3 teams who finished below me were the "Jong" teams of Ajax, PSV and Twente (essentially there reserve teams), i was relegated. It seems these 3 teams are not elegible for promotion or relegation which sucks!

I dont think ive failed twice so quickly. Off to think about whether its 3rd time lucky for me..........

I decided to go to Russia :) Sweden seems popular but very difficult in the early years.

I look like im at least going to make it to the end of the first season without being sacked this time! Not even uploading the basics until i do though!

Volgar Astrakhan - Season 1 (2014/15)

Logo_of_FC_Volgar-Gazprom_Astrakhan.png

Manager Profile

Season Summary

Final position - 1st!!!!!!

Past Positions

Overview

Holy mother...........What on earth just happened. After 2 spectacular failures, this one turned out just a little different...... We started out tipped for a bottom half finish, but our squad looked deep enough to avoid relegation. Things were a bit inconsistent initially, as we learned our tactic and found our best 11. By mid season break though, we were already looking safe in midtable. I was really happy with that, but then something happened. We kept winning. Dropped the odd game here and there but slowly we sneaked up towards the playoffs......at this point i was starting to get very worried! Surely we are no where near ready for promotion!!

With 4 games to go, we sat a point outside the playoffs, and faced the league leaders. Surely this would be our "bubble bursting" moment.......nope, not quite, we smashed them 6 v 1! 3 games to go, and we had moved into the playoffs. I was so busy looking at that, that i didnt even think to consider the 2 auto promotion spots.

Our last 2 games were at home, and against bottom quarter sides. Second to last game, cruised it. After the game i suddenly became aware that we had jumped right to the top of the league!!! How did that happen! Suddenly, we are one home game (against the already relegated bottom side) from glory. We swept them away 3 v 1 at home to finish off one of the most unbelievable seasons i have ever had on FM. Champions!

Cups

Russian Cup - First round exit on penalties. Wasnt arsed,meant less games at least.

Player Performances

Aleksandr Alekhazov - Our top scorer who fired us to glory! Nice and consistent as our main striker

Oleg Aleinik - Oustanding. Top average rating in the league, and combination of scoring and creating goals. Great technical attributes for this level

Roman Tuzovskiy - Experienced winger was a revelation, goals and assists from a wide area. Cant ask for any more than that!

Sergey Zuikov - Probably overall my highest quality player, and only 21. Hopefully a lynchpin of the team for years to come.

Youths

Intake - Reasonably happy, one really good prospect, another worthy of tagging, and some depth. A little worried about getting so few defenders through. We have just about enough in the squad to get by for another year, but need some more defenders next year. Couple of keepers also helps, even if they lack star quality we were short numbered there.

New Tagged Youths

YP01a - Dmitry Mikhailov - Lohttp://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3296942832698183268/E62139F762758D01DC6929CFD0E2D350589A091C/oks a real prospect, great physical stats already. Like that he can play 3 positions as well. Will get him some game time next season, although the promotion makes that more of a challenge!

YP01b - Marat Maslov - another who can play a few positions, but is a little less developed so will spend a year being tutored and in the youths/reserves

Other

Transfers - Clean, with one arranged and completed before the league reset date as you can see.

Finances - AMazingly we started with over £2million in the bank. No idea where a previously non league team gets that form. A good tv deal helped, but we have a high wage bill so were losing more than £100K per month. Need to try and trim the squad

Facilities - Got a Junior coaching upgrade mid season, and youth facilities upgrade due to start early next season. Couldnt get recruitment upgraded though :(

Next Season

1) Try not to be sacked. Im not sure there is any chance we can survive, only one season in, with no real new players of a quality, and youths not ready.

2) Get YP01 at least 5 stars and 5 sub appearances - He looks the type i can develop, good personality type.

I am quite liking managing them. Spent the off season sorting out staff, as we were allowed a lot more after promotion and i see staff as vital in this. Spent ages trawling for those with the right personality types, and for scouts with wide scouting knowledge (NB - A lot of people probably ignore scouts for this challenge as you are not signing anyone. Wider scouting range can improve youth intakes, albeit probably only once your YRN is higher).

We started life in the top league very nicely, we beat Rostock 2 v 1 in our opener, away from home, with a last minute winner. Easy this lark.............Then i had one of those days where you can only laugh, or you would cry... We are at home to Amkar, a good side who have Arshavin amongst there ranks, but i fancy we can do ok. The game goes something like this.....

15mins - 2 nil down already, one a Penalty

23mins - 4 nil down........oh dear, time to go home already

45mins - At half time, my stand in centre half (playing as first choice picked up a knock in traning) is having a mare. Sub him for my other back up centre half

45mins 38secs - Aforementioned half time sub dives into a challenge and gets a red card.......immediately picks up my award for most career limiting move ever..

45mins 38secs - Red card means a reshuffle, as both my back up centre halfs are accounted for, a fullback moves in, another comes off the bench

57mins - My AMC picks up a game ending injury, use up my last sub sending on a replacement

58mins - My left back picks up a straight red for a crude challenge........no subs left, down to 9 men and no real option to reshuffle to limit damage

59mins - I am now 5 nil down,reaching for the hipflask by this point

85mins - My secondary striker picks up a game ending injury, no subs left,down to 8 men............

89mins - Make that 6 nil

Surveyign the post match wreckage shows 2 one match bans, one 3 week injury and one just a few days. PLus my YP01 top prospect picked up a hip injury pre-game and is out for 2-3 months..........ah the challenges!!

Archived