ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

I've taken over at Fakel Voronezh in Russia. Have to show you all a regen called Alexey Yevseev that's in the squad, and who's interested in him. Have offered him a very nice contract which he has accepted, hope he stays, could build the team around him.

Wow, he looks great...make sure you tie him down for as long as possible as soon as possible. Soon as he turns 18 get a 5 year slapped on that mofo!

Good Luck in Russia @AdamFitz

@Mathe Good Luck and enjoy at the Spartans!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ri916 - Is it ok for me to post about my Greek challenge on here? If not I will go quietly. Are you still holding off on starting the challenge?

Darren I noticed that your initial squad picture only had about 18 players (including 2 very old goalies). Is that had you not promoted / included your reserves and youth team? I'm guessing Gracey and weatherspoon were from the previous intake.

Adamfitz - Good luck in Russia. I did a save in that country for all of about ten minutes before chickening out. As others have pointed out, 5 teams get relegated.

XaW - Congrats on your goalie's healing powers. I get nervous about only having 2 goalkeepers.

Janesy, congrats on survival in your first season.

Mathe, Brugi, Braumiller, Shakes - Good luck in England. There's loads of people starting there! (I realise that maybe you started ages ago, Shakes). gogogo - Hope your new board is less flighty than the last one.

Jintro - How's it going with Raon?

Always loads in England, the first version of the thread had one for England and one for the rest and the English one was more popular.

I haven't even started really, spent more time playing around with saves trying to work out how the hell contracts work, but every holiday always results in the same sorts of issues and SI responded that they don't see a problem so I guess I'll have to suck it up and accept that I'll have a lot of player turnover.

If it doesn't work out I'll give it a go in Belgium, I have a team in mind there that was my second choice anyway.

Jintro - How's it going with Raon?

Didn't have much time to play yesterday as real life football got in the way (Genk vs Rapid Wien, 1-1, late equilizer for Rapid after Genk missed two 'it's easier to score than miss'-chances).

The game itself will have to be restarted as half my team left when their contract expired (forgot that it was already 2014 ingame), and without thinking I offered contracts to the newly released players, breaking the rules. So back to day one it is. Also Metz were sniffing around my YP01b so that's a good sign he really has some potential.

For anyone with Goalkeeper troubles make sure you pick an outfield player with the highest goalkeeper rating you can. I usually find it's about 3, what you really want to avoid is putting someone with a GK rating of 1 in goal.

Yeah, too bad the best on my team had a goalkeeper rating of 2. If I could get the damn youtube linking to work I would show you the horrors you can witness when playing a left back in goal.

XaW - Congrats on your goalie's healing powers. I get nervous about only having 2 goalkeepers.

Thanks, was delighted to have him back much faster than expected. His condition was in the low 50s, but he still did much better than my left back.

On the other hand, I have often played goalkeepers outfield in pre season games to get their fitness up, and they've usually done ok, though not one has ever scored a goal. Perhaps I should start a Vikeologist's GK challenge, where you have to field a team entirely of goalkeepers.:eek: (don't worry, I'm joking).

Hope you resign the goalie janesy. Your youth players look great. That HoYD looks too good to pass up, but changing it too regularly can negatively effect intakes, if Addo has a better personality then I'd say he's worth it, if not, I don't think so. Good luck to everyone else starting.

Darren I noticed that your initial squad picture only had about 18 players (including 2 very old goalies). Is that had you not promoted / included your reserves and youth team? I'm guessing Gracey and weatherspoon were from the previous intake.

Yeah, that's my squad. It's been tough when we've had games on sat-tues-sat :(

Gracey and Weatherspoon were last season's intake yeah, both have already played games this season. Just at the end of November and am 15th in the table. We're so inconsistent (yet to record back to back wins) we beat 2nd place Woking 4-1 away before losing to 2nd bottom Sutton 5-1 at home.

I seem to have some problems posting links(or something else. I actually don't know what the problem is) so now i'll try just posting the links. Hopefully this works.

Blyth Spartans A.F.C.

Manager:

http://imageshack.us/a/img69/1184/520a.png

Club Information:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8011/hpfv.png

Facilities:

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/606/zo76.png

Finances:

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/3761/8ia9.png

Squad part 1:

http://imageshack.us/a/img132/8514/d9b7.png

Squad part 2:

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/8585/ldk4.png

U18 Squad:

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/8001/c0nn.png

Transfers from before i came to the club

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/6783/u7a1.png

Hmm, apparently the forum wont let me post any links. I guess I just have to play without participating the challenge.

PM one of the mods, maybe one of them can help out out? You can't even type the links? e.g www.google.com ?

PM one of the mods, maybe one of them can help out out? You can't even type the links? e.g "google"

Yeah I will try one of the mods. No I can't even post links.

I hope it's okay if I play on with the Spartans until I get able to post the links.

I hope it's okay if I play on with the Spartans until I get able to post the links.

Should be okay. Just keep the screenshots from what you were supposed to post and do that when you are able.

Then again. I'm not in charge here, but it seems reasonable to me.

I never play a keeper on the bench, and for the first time ever it's bitten me, was up 3-0 and my keeper got injured, ended up only drawing 3-3. Still not wasting a bench spot on a keeper until this proves to be something that happens more than once every blue moon. :lol:

I never play a keeper on the bench, and for the first time ever it's bitten me, was up 3-0 and my keeper got injured, ended up only drawing 3-3. Still not wasting a bench spot on a keeper until this proves to be something that happens more than once every blue moon. :lol:

I'm in the same camp, I think there is quite a debate for and against, I'd only put one on if I have nine sub options.

It's because you had no posts and the first one you did was with lots of links. It needed approving to make sure you wasn't some kind of spambot. I've sorted it for you now and the post is above your initial reply in this thread :)

It's because you had no posts and the first one you did was with lots of links. It needed approving to make sure you wasn't some kind of spambot. I've sorted it for you now and the post is above your initial reply in this thread :)

Amazing! Thanks for the help :thup:

/Spambot... ehh... i mean Mathe!

Always loads in England, the first version of the thread had one for England and one for the rest and the English one was more popular.

I haven't even started really, spent more time playing around with saves trying to work out how the hell contracts work, but every holiday always results in the same sorts of issues and SI responded that they don't see a problem so I guess I'll have to suck it up and accept that I'll have a lot of player turnover.

If it doesn't work out I'll give it a go in Belgium, I have a team in mind there that was my second choice anyway.

I'm also a bit concerned about SI's unwillingness to admit a problem with contracts... If someone is to complete this challenge, he has to have stable squad... Letting players leave in their early twenties is not how this challenge can be completed...

I'm also a bit concerned about SI's unwillingness to admit a problem with contracts... If someone is to complete this challenge, he has to have stable squad... Letting players leave in their early twenties is not how this challenge can be completed...

I'm not necessarily annoyed for this challenge ... this challenge shouldn't be possible really, it's pretty unrealistic and shows how crap the AI is at squad building and youth development that all you need to do to "beat" the game is hold on to your best players and play them until they reach their potential. If SI fix the game in the right way that this challenge becomes mission impossible I'd be happy. But I do think that the way the contract system is working is not the way to fix that, really the way to fix it is much more aggressive interest in the best players from more cashed up clubs, and much less influence of the manager (as opposed to the guy paying the bills) over transfer policy.

Competitions

Skrill South : 6th

FA Cup : 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy : 1st Round

League Review

What a season! A fantastic start to the season saw just 1 defeat in our first 10 games and we were hovering around the top 3 for most of the first half of the season. Around November I switched tactics to a new formation which I thought suited our squad better. Initially we continued our good form, but injuries on our thin squad began to bite hard and we faltered as a result, eventually falling down to 13th. Truth be told I cannot say for sure if it was more the injuries or the tactic which was the issue, but after switching back to our initial formation form picked up again and we made a late run. Going into the last day of the season we were in 6th (play-off spots being 2nd-5th), 3 points off 5th (Dover) with a 4 goal GD to make up. A nervy afternoon for sure, as we went 1-0 up, Dover went 1-0 down, now level on points, but 2 goals back. Midway through the 2nd half we conceded and 1-1 dropped us 2 points back. We retook the lead, back to level on points but 2 goals worse off. As we pushed for more goals news came through that Dover had scored an 86th minute equalizer. That is how it finished and although heartbroken on the day, the season was a resounding truimph (ignoring my probable tactical blunder mid-season).

Squad Information

I was very fortunate to inherit a decent squad, which has a surprising level of potential already in it (which led me to awarding YP 0A, 0B, 0C & 0D tags for the first time). Screenshots below are from the end of season 1.

Brett Etheridge (YP 0A) is a natural FC who, for our level, is a great fit for my False Nine role in the side. He can also play in central midfield, which he did on 10 occassions as needed with good success. My coaches initially tagged him as having potential to be a leading Skrill Premier forward which I was delighted with, but they are now saying a good League 2 forward.

Ray Neal (YP 0B) is a versatile defensive player who was extremely valuable to my thin squad. Playing 32 times at DM, 5 times at MC, twice at DC and once at DR. Tagged by coaches as having leading Skrill Premier MC potential, he is currently being retrained as a full time DM.

Dominic French (YP 0C) did not play as much as what he should have, and I will be fixing that in season 2. One hernia injury derailed him for a period of time. Ten appearances in the first team, 6 at DM, 4 at DL. Leading Skrill South potential

Jermain Bent (YP 0D) is another who did not get as many chances as he probably should have, but again this will change. Can play anywhere across the back or at DM. Hampered by my preference for taller DCs, he may see more time at DL or DM. Leading Skrill South potential.

As the season wore on I had several senior fringe players unhappy at their lack of first team games and expressed their desire to leave. I indulged them, and they are gone. I do not need squad players causing unhappiness if they are not contributing, especially now the youth intake flow has started. This also helped keep the finances in check, with the wage levels dipping below 5k p/w, below the 5.8k p/w budget the board has set. I will be letting a couple more senior contracts expire in the summer as well I believe, letting the youths fill in, further reducing the wage bill for the time being.

Youth Intake

Truth be told, not overly impressed with the intake as a whole, but the fact we have a wave of new lads to coach up and plug gaps with is great. 3 Players tagged this year;

Steve Norris (YP 1A) - Report - Versitile kid who can play at DR, DC and MC. Good physicals, except strength which is being worked on and handled himself well in the 5 appearances he made at the tail-end of the season. Leading Skrill South potential

Brian McGowan (YP 1B) - Report - Decent forward who got injured before he could be given any games. Good Skrill South potential

Raheem McKenzie (YP 1C) - Report - Big slow forward, not my cup of tea, but we will see what we can make of him. Can plug gaps in central midfield in a crisis if needed. Leading Skrill South potential

Miscellaneous

During a chat with the board on February 1st we finally saw eye to eye on a topic! Junior Coaching was increased, which should help the level of the youths current ability as they enter the club in future years. During my contract negotiations I also tried to increased our youth level and youth coaching, but to no avail (although they did agree to add the philosophy "Give Youth A Chance" which will give me a chance to test it and also the board had a 'slightly disagree' view of giving youth a chance beforehand, so I felt like I should get them onboard! I signed a new 1 year deal, so next spring I will try again!

Season 2 - 2015/16 Goals

* Previously I would have said our aim was a mid table finish, but I will up it a little to a top half finish

* Continue using as many youth intake players as possible, without harming our league standing

* Talk the board into at least one infrastructure upgrade

* Tactical consistency!

Awesome season Braumiller! You are doing very good indeed.

p.s. How are you finding contract negotiations? Can you keep your best players in the club, or they are asking for several times bigger wage?

Thanks.

Not too bad on the contracts to be honest. I had to give a little more than I usually would on the renewals right at the start of my game, as there were only 1-2 weeks remaining on them so it was harder to play hard-ball. I generally lower my offer to below what I would accept, go back and forth a couple of times and then agree. The overall wage budget contributions (great new addition btw in the contract renewal UI) generally increased by 10-20%. Sometimes a lot more. Keep in mind they were on contracts for regional division football and are now in the Skrill North/South. I would ask for more too! One got too greedy and I let him walk. Two I let them take advantage of me as I was going to need them. The rest we were reasonable with each other.

Just checked and I am 14th in total wage salary out of the 22 Skrill South teams, so not unreasonable. 257k per year, they range from 805k to 189k.

I also made sure they all signed 3 year deals. Each renewal will see a natural jump in wage, due to inflation / greed etc, minimize this as much as possible. I am fine with paying him a little more this year, if it saves me some later on (budget allowing of course).

Now I have a gaggle of cheap youths, I will be more hardline with them and will be ok letting some walk, or selling for 0 but sell on percentages just in case.

Amazing! Thanks for the help :thup:

/Spambot... ehh... i mean Mathe!

The mods in here are some of the best mods I've seen, so I'm not surprised they sorted it out. (This is coming from someone who's been a mod on several other forum, and might not have done as good a job :( )

Now you can post all the link you want! :brock:

So unlucky braumiller.

The Youth Intake

My intake looks like they can plug a few gaps, as it is my youth intake update, I really feel although I don't have any show stoppers this year, it is a solid intake that contains six players who at their best can get me promoted and fight a good relegation fight in the Skrill Premier.

The Intake:

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00003_zpsc24511be.jpg.html

The Youth Prospects:

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00004_zps88c47e52.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00005_zps533886c8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00006_zps42b8bb26.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00007_zps2f9f48ab.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00008_zpsb095b6f5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00009_zpseb048bf0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thoughts:

Aaron Billows - YP02a looks handy and will fit straight into the first team. Martin Freestone - YP02b looks promising, if not an immediate prospect. Matty Crawford - YP02c fills a gap in my striker line up, so he'll be in the first team. The rest, we shall see how they develop. I'm also picking up the 2.5 star goalie as I need a third choice.

Just got my youth intake! All players have 5 star potential though, and with the small size of my squad I think just about everyone of them get YP-tags.

Excellent XaW, one of the best days on the calendar when it unfolds like that!

Here is a screenshot of my first team squad, ordered by contract expiration date. It kind of shows my thought process to contracts.

I have 5 renewing this close season, and only 1 I will be actually renewing (Michael Walker, will play DC for me). I will also start negotiating with Nathan Walker as he is my best player and has 12 months remaining.

Then I had a ton of players up for renewal in 2 years time, due to my signing them to 3 year deals at the start of my reign.

You can see Yetton & Joyce held me to ransom, but they were indispensible as my main source of goals. I happily paid Sankoh slightly higher as he is my key MC. Else was a little higher than I wanted, but is key at MC and soon DR (my two 38 year old DRs being part of the releases this year). I was uncomfortable paying Hester as much as he demanded, but I had little other long term DL options.

Now I have some time to see how the kids develop and to figure out who is needed and who is not.

And then right at the bottom is the saviours of this challenge, the youths and there 12-36 months of low wages.

(Yeah, I am a little anal when it comes to the details side of things, but that is why I love this challenge :D)

Right then, time for me to get stuck in I think! Still haven't decided where to go, the team I wanted in Portugal didn't have a logo with the addons I've got and the logo pack on Sortitoutsi requires a premium membership to download and I don't have Paypal. Will have to have a good think about where to go.

Vikeologist- Unfortunately Greece isn't an eligible nation in this challenge, and I don't really have any immediate plans to add them in. Sorry :(.

Any chance you can find my post Cleon? Didn't read the warning it gave me but noted it said something about getting reviewed by mods.

Right then, time for me to get stuck in I think! Still haven't decided where to go, the team I wanted in Portugal didn't have a logo with the addons I've got and the logo pack on Sortitoutsi requires a premium membership to download and I don't have Paypal. Will have to have a good think about where to go.

Vikeologist- Unfortunately Greece isn't an eligible nation in this challenge, and I don't really have any immediate plans to add them in. Sorry :(.

Why don't you add logo manually?

Hope you resign the goalie janesy. Your youth players look great. That HoYD looks too good to pass up, but changing it too regularly can negatively effect intakes, if Addo has a better personality then I'd say he's worth it, if not, I don't think so. Good luck to everyone else starting.

Yeah Addo has a 'Resolute' personality compared to the donuts 'balanced' so i've signed him for two seasons at least and he's young so has chance to develop as a HoYD.

Immediately after posting my first choice keeper got injured for a week, luckily in Germany there is usually 7 days between each game so he didn't miss a match, but too close to call and in a challenge where every point counts I will always have a sub keeper from November onwards. I have a hunch SI have made goalkeeper injuries more common in this latest update so I would advise others not to have just one keeper in your squad.

Made a solid start to the new season P4 W2 D1 L1 and should really of won the loss but for match engine bugs. I've cut 14k a week from my wage budget - running with a much tighter senior squad of 18 in the whole club knowing that at least 3 Youth Players will be turning 17 and eligible to play by Xmas. One thing i've noticed in Germany is if I rely and play my youngsters too soon they want too much money and outgrow the club too quickly. So appearances for my team are going to be toned down to around 15 games a season until they're 20ish when I can tie them down to five year deals and I essentially have them for the best part of their development.

Braumiller - A good solid start, hope your over-achieving doesn't come back to bite you though.

@everyone else, keep the updates coming. I love to read them especially on the ipad at my girlfriends when my own game is out of reach!

Ri - is it the mega logo pack? If so I can try send you the zip file I have (it's from last season, I just moved it from last years graphics file to this years)

That would be awesome if you could! I considered asking but I just assumed it would be too big. Can't hurt trying I guess, will pm you my email if you don't mind giving it a go :).

Youth Intake:

Our first youth intake seems to be a great one. Since I don't have enough players to fill out the bench anyhow most of them are going to be a part of the first team soon. Anyhow, on to the players.

André Rocha (YP1a) - Report - The biggest talent as far as I can tell. Might actually be the best striker I've got already.

Marcelo Regadas (YP1b) - Report - According to the staff he is better than our currently only defensive midfielder. Should get some games soon enough.

Bruno Cunha (YP1c) - Report - Finally another goalkeeper. He might not be very good, but much better than a left back in goal.

Rodrigo Ferreira (YP1d) - Report - A good midfielder. Could be a great midfielder if he works on certain aspects of his game.

Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - Report - Another good striker. He is also a versatile player I can have good use for.

Henrique (YP1f) - Report - Once again a good striker. He is more of a target man type of player, so he should become useful.

Rafa (YP1g) - Report - Right footed left winger. Inside forward here, and since I use this in my formation he should get some games.

Jonathan Gueifão (YP1h) - Report - A good central defender. Should get his fair share of games soon enough.

Rui Gomes (YP1i) - Report - Another good central defender. One with a hint of pace as well.

António Correia (YP1j) - Report - Talented striker with a lot of flair. Needs some work on his ability in front of goal though.

Rúben Sá (YP1k) - Report - Speed merchant down the right wing. Should be useful.

Paulinho (YP1l) - Report - More of a poacher, but can also play on both wings.

Óscar Barros (YP1m) - Report - Talented right back. Should be useful.

Flávio Barros (YP1n) - Report - Defensive midfielder who should become handy.

Fábio Oliveira (YP1o) - Report - Decent right back. Could get some games.

Flávio Bessa (YP1p) - Report - Talented winger, but needs some work with his stats.

Many talented youngsters here and most should be able to get some matches as the most are at least as good as my current players. Gonna promote a lot of them to the first team right away.

Excellent XaW, one of the best days on the calendar when it unfolds like that!

Believe me, I'm lovin' it! But it kinda feels like a double edged sword at the moment as I have not much clue as to who are the best and who can I let go. I went full on and kept everyone for now and I'll see how things pan out. The rest of the current season and the start of the next (provided I avoid relegation) will give me much clue as to whom I'll keep. I've given everyone a tag for now, but that can disappear if they are deemed unworthy! :D

I've just seen that Scotland now has promotion to it's bottom tier. Making no promises but I'm now considering adding them to the challenge (the main reason for their original exclusion was that you couldn't manage a previously unplayable team) and of course I could hardly add Scotland and then ignore Greece could I? :D

If you're interested in going to Scotland/Greece hold fire for the moment as the decision isn't definite yet, I want to consider which nations should be added but I don't believe it should be extended to all of europe because a) the level of achievement for completing in different countries will be VASTLY different and b) I believe we should be managing a Small Club, which means going up through multiple leagues (Ideally 3+ levels in a nation, but certainly not only one league).

FC_United.png

FC United of Manchester - End of Season Update

League Table: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00010_zps73d13e6d.jpg.html

Cup Runs: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00024_zps29187149.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Finances: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00027_zpsff98a86d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Facilities: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00028_zps961b792c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Team Statistics 1: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00012_zpsd1ed493e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14

Team Statistics 2: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00013_zps773d8e32.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

Transfers: http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00029_zps6d2986d8.jpg.html

Key Players:

Aaron Gathercole - His goal tally has gone down a little but he has more than made up for that with his assists, one of my stars. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00025_zps85086cfa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Greg Daniels - I though he'd gone off at the start of the season but he came in at the end of the season all guns ablazing, if he can be like that all season next time round, we'll get promoted. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00026_zps249b646e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

Clint Mahoney - YP01h - see below

Youth Prospects:

Jacob Hamilton - YP00a - Still solid at left back, still reliable, not much left to be said. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00014_zpsaf2d2d54.jpg.html?sort=3&o=17

Connor Geddis - YP00b - I'm starting to have my doubts. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00018_zpsff16af7e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

Andrew Park - YP01a - If the training improvement allows us to train marking, this kid is set for the big time, I mean the football league. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00015_zpsd8c33c60.jpg.html?sort=3&o=15

Jonathan Seburn - YP01b - Unspectacular, decent but you don't want a defender to be too flamboyant. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00017_zpsc1d93ce4.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11

Rickie Pepper - YP01c - Not great. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00020_zpsf53a6c8a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

Lee Goodall - YP01d - I think he may overtake Seburn soon. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00022_zpsdf74e1fc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

Tom Roberts - YP01e - I'm pretty sure he isn't going to make it. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00021_zps7884572d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Martyn Painter - YP01f - He may just about end up cutting the mustard http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00023_zps4bc59d28.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Conor Conolly - YP01g - Versatile, he may make it only just with some luck. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00019_zps58b80dbb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9

Clint Mahoney - YP01h - A newly tagged, he was brilliant, at the heart of my defence, it helped having someone tall at a very short club. http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/gogogogolem/media/2013-10-25_00016_zpsedf74991.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13

Comments: We were deprived of a play-off place at the last moment but we couldn't have beaten Alfreton. I think we have two years to get promoted, before the old guard start going off and we'll need the top old guard's experience and skills.

Targets:

Last years:

Concede under 80 league goals: Semi Success, if I Danny Crane had of played the first match it would have happened, or one or two of the own goal logic problems hadn't of happened.

Play the Youngsters - Complete

Finish above 16th - Complete, 8th.

Targets for next year:

Under 80 League Goals conceded

Blood the youngsters

Push for the playoff places

@XaW great youth intake

@ri916 It would be great to see Greece permitted but Scotland still doesn't have relegation from the bottom division. I personally think Greece is the only country not included that should be permitted.

@gogogo golem with regards to Andrew Park - In previous games 'Marking' is one of the last areas to be added when upgrading so I don't think it'll be possible. I know it's less focus and I'm probably stating what you already know, but if you just put him on an individual focus of central defender I think it trains marking that way, although not so intensively.

@gogogo golem with regards to Andrew Park - In previous games 'Marking' is one of the last areas to be added when upgrading so I don't think it'll be possible. I know it's less focus and I'm probably stating what you already know, but if you just put him on an individual focus of central defender I think it trains marking that way, although not so intensively.

That's what I'm doing and I was hoping that marking would come but didn't have high hopes, since I thought that came with good facilities. The upgrade is underway and it is around the right time to haggle for a junior coaching upgrade.

EDIT: Club elections have happened and I don't like this new guy, he seem less willing to invest in youth development. However, Andy Walsh tended to turn down junior coaching the first time round.

@ri916 It would be great to see Greece permitted but Scotland still doesn't have relegation from the bottom division. I personally think Greece is the only country not included that should be permitted.

Scotland does now have promotion into the bottom division, but only after 2014/15 Season. So you'll need to holiday 2 seasons instead of the usual 1.

Archived