Why You Should Play FMC - Moved from Tactics and Training Forum

Sounds manageable :)

In my current save i have "a few players and countries more", but i think i could give it a try at some point.

Would probably be beneficial too as i would see the effects of my tactic changes immediately. Now it's constantly guessing does something work/or not work because of lack of familiarity.

Still, having somewhat promising tactics in my current save, so have to see how this goes, before thinking about FMC.

I really like the idea of FMC for a journeyman save. The features I miss in FMC, like individual training and tutoring, all center around long-term player development. So if I'm not going to be at the same club for very long, those aren't that big of a deal, and I get the benefits of more streamlined play.

Yeah... so now the transfer update has been released I'm addicted to FMC. I just wish that we could use unofficial transfer updates - if it meant including that but missing out on unofficial leagues, fine (although I am greedy...)

It's brilliant, quick, and lovely.

Guys, I do really like FMC but one thing which has put me off is the inability to target opposition players.

I was playing a game the other day where the oppostion's back-four were having loads of the ball under no pressure. I wanted to close them down but the only way I could think of doing this was to play more attacking, and I didn't want to player wider, increase tempo etc.

Any suggestions?

• Administrators
Guys, I do really like FMC but one thing which has put me off is the inability to target opposition players.

I was playing a game the other day where the oppostion's back-four were having loads of the ball under no pressure. I wanted to close them down but the only way I could think of doing this was to play more attacking, and I didn't want to player wider, increase tempo etc.

Any suggestions?

We're probably different kinds of manager but if the opposition back 4 have the ball against me, usually I don't mind that, unless I am chasing the game. There are a few ways of targeting players, you can use tighter marking, hassle opponents or pick out one of your own players to do man marking. You could even use a role that has quite high closing down (Defensive Forward, for example), or use individual player instructions.

While you can't specifically target opposition players in FMC for weaker foot, or how hard to tackle that player, the AI in FMC doesn't do this either. Worth putting this into the suggestions forum though :thup:

This game mode of FM is so underrated and agree with most of what the op is saying.

Currently playing a network game in classic mode with 5 other players in SPL most fun I had with any game in the series since cm0102. We done a whole season in 2 evenings of play which is pretty good going - full mode would of took a week at least !

I like how there is more tactical freedom and you can get stuck in straight away. I think most people who are negative about classic mode are too ignorant to play it in the first place. I know I did before :herman: they think they will miss a lot of the small features which are in full mode but what fm classic lacks with the full features it makes up for in a more dynamic fast paced game mode.

you don't see many people who have played a few seasons on fm classic slate it mostly it is all positive :-)

I still play a single player save on full version when I fancy a bit of micro managing but I am starting to come to the conclusion FM full version is a great sim experience but FM Classic is much more fun to play.

• 2 weeks later...

i played FMC on the advise of people from this Forum and i like it, I like the fast paced nature of it, like someone said it takes you ages in the full fat mode just to get to the first day of the season, in FMC its there in half and hour! The press conferences are all gone which i like so i can sign a player and just get on with playing him rather than having to field a load of ridiculous questions about him, also having to field a load of ridiculous questions on my opinion whether or not another team is going to get relegated/win the title or not! In all the pre and post match interviews i have seen in real life with managers i have never heard a journalist ask a manager about another teams fortunes of a team totally unrelated to the game being played or the game just played! People who say its a dumbed down version of the game for morons who cant play are just morons themselves!

I'm going to start a game on FMC tonight I think. I had a look at it briefly for FM13 but wasn't too sure, but I think I'm at the stage now with the full game where I'm just so fed up of spending a lot of time clicking through Press Conference news items and having to micromanage the morale of all my players. Team talks are also very tedious, and FMC sounds a bit more like the fun game I grew up with!

I only play FMC now. The full FM is too slow on my computer, plus it has unnecessary rubbish in it. I do have a question though: how do you guys sell your players? The computer doesn't want to buy mine.

Same boat as you, I almost never sell players because there is just no market for them in FMC for some peculiar reason.

Same boat as you, I almost never sell players because there is just no market for them in FMC for some peculiar reason.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

I'm enjoying a Man U save and we've racked up a huge transfer budget, directly as a result of selling 27-29 year olds at their peak value.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

I'm enjoying a Man U save and we've racked up a huge transfer budget, directly as a result of selling 27-29 year olds at their peak value.

Ah yes, the usual Man U save... I play in a lower league and I am also sure that is comes down to how many leagues are loaded and how large the database is. I am not sure the ideal setting yet for getting good transfer deals, seems like it needs to be lots of teams and few players. I have played 4 FMC saves with various settings, 3 as Accrington, got to the top of the world and still could not sell very many players and one as Liverpool, that save forget about it, I couldn't give Coutinho away from the start...

I only play FMC now. The full FM is too slow on my computer, plus it has unnecessary rubbish in it. I do have a question though: how do you guys sell your players? The computer doesn't want to buy mine.

I'm managing PSV in 2027 and just had my future superstar snatched up by AC Milan for $48 million. Damn minimum fee release clauses. I'm pretty much bombarded with offers for my players. Sold a 15 year old for $7.5m to PSG too.

• Administrators
Ah yes, the usual Man U save... I play in a lower league and I am also sure that is comes down to how many leagues are loaded and how large the database is. I am not sure the ideal setting yet for getting good transfer deals, seems like it needs to be lots of teams and few players. I have played 4 FMC saves with various settings, 3 as Accrington, got to the top of the world and still could not sell very many players and one as Liverpool, that save forget about it, I couldn't give Coutinho away from the start...
At Lower Leagues generally you won't make money on transfers because lower league teams simply don't have money. It's possible of course but it's not overwhelmingly common. The issue with Coutinho at the start is because he's recently joined the club.

In my saves I've not really had problems selling players, there's always a reason if a certain player is unsellable. When taking a team to the very top it's very possible to generate big profits on selling players. You won't be able to sell players easily for example if they don't get games, on high wages or have a low perceived potential ability relative to the cost of transfer and wages and the clubs potentially interested in them.

If you can post some examples we'll take a look, but the evidence in the thread is very anecdotal otherwise. Please do post this in the transfers bug forum and we'll investigate. Only other thing I could suggest is perhaps running more leagues, or leagues that you'll benefit from transfer activity and interest for the level you are playing at. Thanks.

Couldn't agree more. FMC has been a franchise saver. Reached 2152 on FM13. Now in 2120 on FM14. Buy/Sell players, pick tactics, play matches. All I want in a football manager game. Endless team talks, press conferences, board interactions, player interactions etc etc... no thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, I'm sold. I only have one issue. I want to add more leagues and move on from the Greek league soon, I go to the tutorial on info how to, and it says click the drop down menu, and then it kind of freezes. It seems like it should show you to another option, but it just stops at the top of the screen and highlights nothing.

I check the tutorial for add new head coach, and that button is obvious and right there, but the add/remove leagues doesn't seem to exist for me..

Downloaded the demo earlier today and will be playing tonight once the kids are in bed :-)

Came here to get some inspiration and this thread has got me very excited, can't wait!

Have got bored of my FM14 iPhone save so thought FMC would be a great step up. Certainly do not have the time for the full jobby version.

I love it, I'm sold. I only have one issue. I want to add more leagues and move on from the Greek league soon, I go to the tutorial on info how to, and it says click the drop down menu, and then it kind of freezes. It seems like it should show you to another option, but it just stops at the top of the screen and highlights nothing.

I check the tutorial for add new head coach, and that button is obvious and right there, but the add/remove leagues doesn't seem to exist for me..

Can you remember if you started the game with more than three nations selected?

I believe that unless you did, then you can't add and remove leagues as you go along - you need to start with more than three nations initially to enable that functionality I'm afraid.

• Administrators

Not strictly true -- just tick "Remove Nation & League Restrictions" when starting a new game whatever your setup.

Archived