The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Keyser almost as pathetic as BBB icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha icon_biggrin.gif

Irony, wrestling boy icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

you lot should be grateful the **** factor can be spread out between several man u players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

We all know Arsenal hold the record for 'number of ****s in a starting line-up' from a couple of years back

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollie1307:

Toni's only just turned 29 ffs.

And the type of player he is means he'll be an international class player until he's 32 or 33.

You could do a helluva lot worse than sign Toni imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're selling a striker who's 30. Why would we sign a player who's a year younger?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

really, the team we wanted relegated most stayed up. i can't see us going for anyone at juve, fiorentina or lazio.

not that i could see us getting pirlo or gattusso anyway either. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

vieira will do you, 30 but would improve you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, he really wouldn't. laughable as that sounds given our midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not what fergie needs. another controversy!

Actually, to be serious for a minute, if you took away the acrimony of the way he left, i think a lot of Celtic fans would take Miller back. While i was never convinced he'd be quite good enough for us, he's certainly a much better player than we ever saw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Btw, this supposed transfer request before the cup final last year - we have no more than Fergie's word on that as far as I know? I suppose it'd be completely out of character for Fergie to try to discredit Ruud in the eyes of the fans....

Forgive me if I'm not entirely inclined to take everything our beloved manager says to the press as gospel these days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>and Ruud would sit quietly and allow Ferguson to tarnish his reputation?

no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Which penalty is this that keeps getting mentioned?

I may well have erased it from my memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The was NEVER a penalty icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure what was better.

Ruud stroking it in or Campbell's look of surprise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've honestly blanked it from the banks.

Sure someone'll post a youtube link soon mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">other by signing for west ham its blatantly obvious this is a roman/chelsea orchestrated move with a view to them moving on to that sh*t hole should they have a successful season. ergo, they never play for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roman is not connected to MSI, icon_mad.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

**** off i dont live in scotland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't there more Scots than english in Carlisle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

buggered if i know i dont live in carlisle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you live then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

outside whitehaven out west </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Whithaven the dump i've always been told it was? My boss went for a job interview there years ago and turned it down on the basis of the god-awfulness of the town. Also, the nuclear medicine department at Barrow should be covered from Whitehaven, but we're doing it at the moment because Whitehaven can't fill their post, presumably for the same reason.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

We'll be having Stella again at the Portsmouth game...wont we Martin? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already bought the beer, Tesco value and pocket the change \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

What players were given inaccurate ratings on FM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick is going to come in & give you an essay now icon_frown.gif

Basically reserves who have been with the club years were given the standard random ratings eve nthough they play week i nweek out & it's obvious their skills.

Also a player still in the database who left years ago I think icon_biggrin.gif

As expected really:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bardsley set to come home

Phil Bardsley looks set to return to United when his loan deal with Rangers expires, but team-mate Lee Martin may remain at Ibrox beyond his current agreement.

Bardsley has barely featured for the Gers since a training ground incident with manager Paul Le Guen, and the Frenchman seems happy for the defender to return to Manchester.

Le Guen told Rangers' website: "Phil will probably go back to Manchester United in December. I'll talk with Alex Ferguson, but I think that's the best thing for him."

Martin's displays have been sporadic throughout Rangers' troubled campaign, but he revealed last week that he is keen to extend his deal at Ibrox.

Le Guen admits he needs to discuss the situation with the winger to decide the best outcome for both parties, and the next logical step.

"It really depends on what he wants to do," he said. "I know he thinks he doesn't play enough, but I will talk to him and see where we go from here." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You are selling your Wigan ticket on viagogo? Or have I missed something?

Our squad can either cope with the league or Europe. Not both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was buying two additional tickets for people unknown but being he wasn't allowed to buy 2 on one membership number he needed my help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

An article on Gareth Bale that compares him to Micah Richards as well as telling you a lot about his play. For people who have seen little to nothing of him its a good read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6299059.stm

I did have a great long post sorted with it all quoted up with just the bale bits and my own opinions that took me ages to do but i hit the delete button to delete a word and the reply box vanished along with my post. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha so because Bale can take a free kick, he's as good as Richards icon_biggrin.gif

What a waste of webspace, he looked awful yesterday

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

"lets not hand it to em eh?" says the man who wanted O'Shea to stay in the middle of MF, Gabby at CB to replace Rio and Richardson at LB icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't once been serious about the team selection in this game jim. icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ahaha utterly convinced we had this lost regardless of the domination. sounds like we should be about 5 up with the comedy misses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we would have lost this game last season

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

is it likely to sell out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doubt it. According to the Ticketmaster site, when i bought the tickets, only the first tier is open. Even then, when i've watched it on TV, it only looks half full.

Can probably pay on the day i would think

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Seriously, all the other teams have gone spin mad, put we're stuck with a load of pace...so I reckon we focus on that. Slap as much as we can on the quickes and have at least one decent spinner for the away games...?

I'm tempted not to bother trying to keep things even. Put most points on 11 or 12 key players and hope they don't get injured....

any thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Think I won't be getting many games. icon_frown.gif

I'll just have to shine in the ones I get. Can do that. Can't I, skip ? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> might put some pictures up later if i cba. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do Nick, I wouldn't mind seeing your view. What was the atmosphere like on the bottom tier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so-so. our actual seats were backrow and the overhang made it a weird atmosphere. i kind of drunkenly swayed down the steps quite often into the open though and it seemed better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived