The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Yes, yes it is.

It's also something which, believe it or not, can be improved.

Hence I'd rather he did that with us than against us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at what point did i say i wanted that either. tbh most wingers are in the same stage as ronaldo, but at an older age eg simao, ribery etc: the reason why they are so good is because of passing, vision, ball control, flair and speed mainly. the likes of beckham that can cross it well are slow and no way near as effective.

thats why because ronaldo is that good at such a young age, we should not sell him. whatever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd argue against that point.

Surely it depends entirely upon how the team is set up rather than in a catch all "nippy wingers are the best" kind of way.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

Is Scholes playing with glasses the blind freak ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

labrador ?

I think there's a bit of confusion here. I make no claims for the validity of what BBB said re. the breakdown, but if it is true the £8m + £6m later would all be guaranteed money, i.e the £14m part of the deal. Then the rest would be dependant on appearances, trophies etc to make it up to the possible ~£18m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

ANOTHER Fergie masterstroke ugone2far10.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with Fergie I'd say. This has our beloved owner's grubby penny-pinching written all over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true, but fergie will have the final say if players leave or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Fletcher was absolutely fine today, did very well, even on the right wing.

I thought Evra was poor too, just seemed to slide around the pitch randomly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didnt think evra did badly, put a few good tackles in and gave us a good attacking option at times.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

brilliant icon_biggrin.gif

"Hi guys this is my mate from Liverpool.. his name's -"

*BBB storms through the crowd and punches him in the face* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa Family Guy flashback...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

im not voting outside my region in the quals icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've voted for Saha..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sshhhhhhh, i dont want people to know of andy jordan bribing me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

welcome weststandred icon_smile.gif

Tell us about yourself, where in West do you sit?

glazer - good or bad?

richardson - good or bad?

o'shea - good or bad?

fletch - good or bad?

Cheers icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im only 15 so im in family stand icon_confused.gif so I prefer to say west stand or stretford end as family stand is about lame. I sit above the tunnel about 10 rows above.

Glazers - at first, I didn't like and recieved a 'Love United Hate Glazer' banner at Bolton (A) last season which I started to take to home games but then we bought Carrick for serious money so im okay with them now as they are probably letting Fergie spend.

Richardson + O'Shea - I don't really like either of them but they are useful for games like Copenhagen the other week but would never think about playing them against Arsenal, Chelsea etc. Not even O'Shea to pack the midfield.

Fletcher - for some reason I like the guy, I like him inside but im sure he had a Scotland shirt under his United one against Liverpool and in the Chelsea game last season. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ive never been there before

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went there for a certain game in '99. icon_biggrin.gif My dad uses it to black-mail me for everything though.

• 3 weeks later...

um, potential spoilers I suppose.

Watched the game live on RTE. Dire atmosphere. I'm struggling to choose a deserving MotM tbh. Ronaldo looked understandably tired at times today and despite the two goals, each slotted home nicely, I wasn't entirely impressed by his display. Bright enough start from Solskjaer but he started to fade out after a while, unlucky not to have gotten a second goal though when it hit off the post. His first was top class, lovely cross from Ronnie sublimely headed in. Giggs added some much needed spark after coming on and what a fantastic cross that was into Ronaldo to all but secure the points.

MotM: Ronaldo

2nd place: Solskjaer

Defence was shakey as fook, luckily Doyle was stuck out on the left and therefore unable to run at Mickey. As Jim Beglin said, Scholes was sorely missed in the middle - O'Shea is just not doing it for me. The sending off was a poor decision I think but had he remained I doubt Reading would have made much more of an effort than they did with the ten men. Still, the foot was taken off the gas too much following the second goal - with this being only Reading perhaps it can be deemed acceptable but jaysus the unconvincing nature of the defence made it extremely tense every time they attacked for the equaliser. It was mainly the defending of set pieces that worried me.

Still, another brace from Ronaldo and Ole's finish = icon_cool.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I could've sworn you said you wouldn't go, or was that Ryan icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no flash fecks from stockport are getting in my car

oh wait he's already been in it, tainted already icon_frown.gif

just be careful who goes its only a small car and Nick is a lanky fecker there wont be that much space

and find somewhere to park the bloody car

UNITED

Reading H - 3 3

Newcastle A - 3 1

Villa H - 3

Arsenal A - 0

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 3

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 3

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 3

City A - 3

West Ham H - 3

Total 43 (50) - 93 91

CHELSEA

Fulham H - 3 1

Villa A - 3 1

Wigan H - 3

Liverpool A - 1

Blackburn H - 3

Charlton A - 3

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 3

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 3

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 3

Bolton H - 1

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H - 3

Total 47 (46) - 93 89

Erm, so yeah, I've now got us winning the league by 2 points icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

A week or two on the bench, or even just a week off completely, might just do him the world of good, both in freshening him up, and getting a bit of the pressure off. I do agree with you that he's too important for that rest to be this week, but i wouldn't have had a problem with it being last week, and ideally it would have been before the cup game, when he was offered 10 days off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd hope that Fergie would see the fortnight between Arsenal away and Spurs away would be the ideal time to give him ten days or so off. don't have him anywhere near the squad for the cup game, stick him on the bench for watford the following midweek and only use him if absolutely necessary. would hopefully freshen him up/re-invigorate him for a tricky run of games in february.

• 2 weeks later...

As I just posted in the match thread, an't see the reason for you guys getting too excitd yet. 12 games and a lot of football to go yet. The ECL is going to have a big effect on both of us.

I don't want your lot to turn into scouser-esque giddyness, because as much as I dislike you, I hate the bin dipping murderers more.

Still up for grabs, albeit that you will stillwin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

also wp me and mika for wanting the replay, coming thru unscathed and having the ginger prince back. good work team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Even got away with having a laugh at Richardson one more time too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richardson once again proving he is absolutely useless.

wp Ronaldo in his interview.

and jamie redknapp is a twat!

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Scholes didn't get a yellow card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>absolute certainty to get booked in Milan /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>only if we go through icon_frown.gif

i considered it and ultimately decided that while going to milan would be lovely, returning home to find all my possessions destroyed/binned/on the front lawn and the locks changed would be something of a blow.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

who sings that version of dirty old town that's sometimes played at traff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it ain't the Pogues or The Dubliners, then it'll be shoite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it does fit, doesn't it? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right well imo, and cross-analysing with this .. I have concluded that my version is better icon_cool.gif

Chelsea Chelsea how naive, to think that U-ni-ted would cease to believe

That all your cash would be enough to achieve

Well you can stick all your money cos the Reds have won the Premier League!

DUH-DUH-DUH DUH-DUH-DUH ..etc

better fit imvho

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

I can't stand ESPN football broadcasts.

We in Australia get terrible quality (from what I've read, it's taken from one format in europe, then reformatted for the US, then reformatted again back to the first format for show in Australia. Plus Tommy Smythe with a y can gtf.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't stand it, thank **** SBS has the CL and I get to see most of our on PL games that way, although up until the Cup Final there's no optoin but ESPN.

I find the crowd to be quieter on ESPN, although that's because they commentate on it from their studio watching it on a TV like the rest of us in wherever rather than at the venue and it results in getting the players mixed up along with numerous other nonsense half the time.

Archived