The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Strange that Fletch is wearing 7 and yet Ole has his usual 20... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they have tour squad numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only 18 players on the tour, so using 20 would be strange if that were the case.

Looks like the senior players are wearing their long-term squad numbers (although I'm not watching, so I've no idea if Scholes is 18, JOS 22 etc) and the rest are wearing suitable numbers between 1-11.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Sense of humour? you calling wishing the Glazers to suffer at the hands of a terrorist attack of similar scale to 9/11 having a sense of humour?

I call it sick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most Utd fans wish worse than that on them. I thought I was being rather subdued about it all...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Isn't a sale clause just agreeing the price in advance if both we decide to sell and they decide to buy at the end of the loan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably in the real world, it's different in FM which is why people will end up overreacting here.

I hope

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zayd:

is there any youtube style linkage of michael browns emergency surgery on giggs leg yesterday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I've still not seen it.

MOM Giggs

2nd Saha

Couldn't acquire the TV at home last night to see Football First so going on the highlights isn't the best way to judge but Giggsy did seem to be controlling our play quite well so thats why he gets it for me. Can't say we looked overly assured at the back again, hopefully Rio's injury won't be a bad one.

Oh and Fletcher shouldn't get an assist just for pressuring the defender who gave away the ball. If he'd won it and slipped it through then aye, fair enough, but after the Watford player played it back Giggs made the goal himself really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

what were people genuinely expecting to happen today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's more the no signing (which was likely tbf) COMBINED with all the action going on elsewhere which is annoying

plus I'm still a tad annoyed we let Rossi go.. and reduced our squad by one when we should have been adding to it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just reading through the article beyond the shock of the actual headline....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"While he is clearly a very good player it was decided he wasn't required at the club." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ngngngngngngngngngngn

so angry right now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not with the UNDENIABLE BRILLIANCE of John O'****ing Shea in the side he's certainly not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot express how many icon_mad.gif's I want to post.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah he is right, still doesn't need to say it.

Man, what's he trying to do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

make you implode with hatred obviously

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Gibson included in Republic squad

Young Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson has been included in the Republic of Ireland's senior panel for the first time.

The Londonderry lad, who chose to play for the Republic rather than Northern Ireland, is in the panel for the Euro 2008 qualifier against San Marino.

Gibson, 19, is currently on loan with Belgian club Royal Antwerp.

Goalkeeper Darren Randolph of Charlton comes in as cover because number one Shay Given is out injured.

Charlton midfielder Andy Reid and Reading's Kevin Doyle are also out of the panel because of hamstring injuries.

Andy Keogh (Wolves), Stephen Hunt (Reading) and Sunderland's Anthony Stokes are all in after impressing in the recent 'B' mach with Scotland.

The Republic, with just four points from four games, need a win before tougher games with Slovakia and Wales.

The game against San Marino takes place in the Serravalle Stadium on Wednesday, 7 February. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

dgifffffffffb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

who can we play instead of rio in mika's lineup for tuesday please?

richo at left back, heinze in the middle? frak it, why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'shea - Brown - Silvestre - Heinze

Park - Fletcher - Carrick - Richardson

Smith - Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o'pie and richo? look we don't care about the game, but let's not just hand it to em eh? icon_biggrin.gif

an indictment on the quality of today's game - the best player for each team was welsh. icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nick why did you invade the pitch last night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ballboys were being lazy icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The way we messed up against Portsmouth (and the following fixtures) makes me believe we actually have a bigger chance of winning the CL than the league.

Milan or doable and in the final we can always end up with a fluke win ala Liverpool away this season icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, and this is just something that I was musing about, and I can imagine that it'll get a negative response, but does anyone else think that Nicolas Anelka might be an option worth considering?

If you stripped him of his negative baggage (which is admittedly sizeable - the clubs he's played for, the rep surrounding his attitude, the fact that he's never really fulfilled his potential, the Premiership premium if we were to go after him, etc. etc.), and brought it down to his physical and footballing attributes (and maybe consider that he's pretty much kept his head down and worked pretty hard for Bolton without a fuss and done well) then wouldn't he be a pretty good foil for Rooney and the rest of the team to play off?

I'm guessing that any response to this will be firmly in the negative, and don't get me wrong I do see the downsides, but I think that the stage we could offer and with Fergie handling him Anelka the player could be invigorated and Anelka the man could be content.

• 2 weeks later...

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves is set to complete a move to Manchester United after Bayern Munich agreed a deal, according to reports in Germany.

Hargreaves's move to the Premiership champions has been agreed according to the website of German magazine Spiegel.

The deal, believed to be worth £17million, will go through once Hargreaves agrees a four-year contract.

Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer has previously admitted that the player could be sold if the price was right.

The Bundesliga giants have so far refused to grant the 26-year-old's wish to leave for Old Trafford.

from bbc

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

the prince of orange is in ashton, near the bus station.

i think i might know someone who goes in the royal oak who is an fc utd fan, don't think he would have been in there after the final though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah thank you, was doing my head in last night thinking where it was, I could picture the front of it and everything

Archived