The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I've seen both Nani and Anderson play and I think that Anderson is such a player, will definately be something big. Nani less so I think. He does have good technique and can get past his man but the reports that are saying he'll be as good as Ronaldo I think are untrue. He will develope more but I don't think he'll be a United regular.

However for those that have seen Anderson, don't you agree he has a very similiar playing style as Rooney? Seems a bit weird that they're going for the same typ eof player rather then a Villa, Eto'o, Klose type of player? Someone with the goals.

All in all the transfer merry-go-round has just started but I think Anderson and Hargreaves will be signings of the season already so well done Alex and co icon14.gif (and that's coming from a Liverpool supporter icon_wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Just one nomination for best non-Man Utd user hopefully?

token lovable Leeds fan? (L) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with the oxymoron? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Franny's not the brightest, but moron's going a bit far icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ha, remember my Grandad being SO VERY uneasy about the Cantona signing. Took him about 2 games before he adored him.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was uneasy about Eric at the start, too.

Two, three games later all my fears vanished.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Ha, remember my Grandad being SO VERY uneasy about the Cantona signing. Took him about 2 games before he adored him.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two, three games later all my fears vanished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are YOU my Grandad? icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

it's like an episode of surprise surprise :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now we just need a fecking annoying scouser to present it...

Oh, hi polack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Oh, hi polack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here sir.

We're in for a lorra lorra fun tonight ladies and gents...

Oh, hi polack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Polacks not good looking enough to fill those particular shoes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two, three games later all my fears vanished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are YOU my Grandad? icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am nobody's Grandad. Yet.

right, while i'm just adding james' votes on, a couple of people asked for previous years' results so voila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Player of the Year: 2006 - Wayne Rooney (2nd Wes Brown), 2005 - Gabriel Heinze (2nd Wayne Rooney)

Young player of the Year: 2006 - Wayne Rooney, 2005 - Wayne Rooney

Reserve player of the Year: 2006 - Giuseppe Rossi, 2005 - Giuseppe Rossi

Worst player of the Year: 2006 - Kieran Richardson, 2005 - Liam Miller

Most improved player: 2006 - Louis Saha, 2005 - Darren Fletcher

Most disappointing player: 2006 - Cristiano Ronaldo, 2005 - Louis Saha

Best buy: 2006 - Edwin van der Sar, 2005 - Gabriel Heinze

Worst buy: 2006 - Patrice Evra, 2005 - Liam Miller

Best team performance: 2006 - United 2 Arsenal 0, 2005 - Arsenal 2 United 4

Worst team performance: 2006 - Boro 4 United 1, 2005 - Norwich 2 United 0

Favourite moment: 2006 - Rio's injury-time winner vs Liverpool, 2005 - Ruud's penalty vs Arsenal

Worst moment: 2006 - CL group stage exit DEBACLE in Lisbon, 2005 - CL exit to AC Milan

Biggest disappointment: 2006 - CL 'campaign', 2005 - CL exit to Milan

Funniest moment: 2006 - Nev's celebration of Rio's winner vs the skaus, 2005 - Keane vs Vieira in the Highbury tunnel

Goal of the season: 2006 - Ruud van Nistelrooy vs Charlton, 2005 - Wayne Rooney vs Newcastle

Favourite game: 2006 - Liverpool home/Arsenal home, 2005 - Arsenal away

Best decision: 2006 - parting company with Roy Keane, 2005 - signing Wayne Rooney

Best chant/song: 2006 - Rooney White Pele/Park Park Wherever You May Be, 2005 - Fletch 500 Miles

Worst decision: 2006 - forcing RvN out, 2005 - playing an unfit RvN vs AC Milan

Best away fans: 2006 - Sunderland/Keyser's Gooner Army, 2005 - AC Milan

Worst away fans: 2006 - Liverpool, 2005 - Chelsea

3 players to sign: 2006 - Javier Mascherano, 2005 - Michael Essien

3 players to go: 2006 - Kieran Richardson, 2005 - Liam Miller

Most looking forward to next year: 2006 - a competent midfield, 2005 - OGS's return

United thread user of the year: 2006 - mark g (2nd BBB/James07?), 2005 - Nick OGS20

United thread worst user: 2006 - Taz & the Devil, 2005 - Taz & the Devil

Most improved user: 2006 - Mika/Jimlad/Saha, 2005 - BBB

Favourite trespasser: 2006 - Juni, 2005 - Juni

Least favourite trespasser: 2006 - joe_cole, 2005 - AndyPolack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have the club made any announcements about marking the 40th anniversary of the 68 win?

It might be the last major landmark when the majority of the players are still about…and the club will be looking for any excuse to have a nice mid-season friendly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Have the club made any announcements about marking the 40th anniversary of the 68 win?

It might be the last major landmark when the majority of the players are still about…and the club will be looking for any excuse to have a nice mid-season friendly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The current squad versus the old squad? icon_biggrin.gif

patience ffs icon_mad.gif

right, 41 sets of votes, believe that's a record for these prestigious awards, well played reds. shame on the handful who failed to vote - jonny, i hope the warlock-buggery was worth it.

best and worst signing have been awarded this year to michael carrick and tomasz kuszczak by default, well played lads.

first award IMMINENT

right, first up is Young Player of the Year:

nominated were:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Kieran Lee

Wayne Rooney

Craig Cathcart

Chris Eagles

Jonny Evans

Giuseppe Rossi

Sam Hewson

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

patience ffs icon_mad.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sergio Leone's "Once Upon a Time in the West" has a faster pace than you have.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Ronaldo not nominated for YPOTY icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was too old according to nicks shambles of a criteria. But then again Nick said that Rooney was too old despite him clearly being 21.

sharing 3rd place are reserve team skipper Kieran Lee, whose fine form saw him get his first team chance at Stamford Bridge, and Jonny Evans, full Northern Ireland international and rock at the heart of the second tier's top team.

2nd place goes to the little fella who has practically single-handedly kept Parma in Serie A, Giuseppe Rossi

and so onto the winner. if you listen to some he had an absolute shocker of a season, but 23 goals and some fine late-season performances were enough to nab him this award - WAYNE ROONEY

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Ronaldo not nominated for YPOTY icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

criteria was deliberately set so he couldn't be nominated and it would be vaguely competitive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

I think BBB's nipped around after deciding Nick wanted to share his pizza and Nick is having to fend him off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB was working till 8pm today

hurrah for coding errors, starting as we mean to go on icon_cool.gif

next up, in a similar vein, is Reserve Player of the Year:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Febian Brandy

Craig Cathcart

Kieran Lee

Michael Lea

Michael Barnes

Sam Hewson

Gaby Heinze

Jonny Evans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

I think BBB's nipped around after deciding Nick wanted to share his pizza and Nick is having to fend him off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB was working till 8pm today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if there was free pizza on offer he wasn't.

i'm doing this deliberately, honest

3rd, it's the ginger chadwick, Michael Barnes

in second, he's like a mini-Evans and will be fb, Craig Cathcart

and the landslide victor, the stalybridge superstar himself, Kieran Lee

right, that's the stuff that only me and Taz are bothered about out of the way, onto stuff you all might vaguely be interested in. maybe.

Most Improved Player:

John O'Shea

Nemanja Vidic

Alan Smith

Darren Fletcher

Patrice Evra

Cristiano Ronaldo

Michael Carrick

Paul Scholes

Archived