The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I don’t mind that photo really; it’s the 1st one that worries me. I look genuinely ********. I know that likes of Keith and Martin are used to that, but it came as a shock to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you looking ********?

you know exactly what I mean. Every time you look at a photo of yourself (or look in the mirror) surely you must notice the Downsesque characteristics you exhibit...its not standard extreme ugliness dude.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you know exactly what I mean. Every time you look at a photo of yourself (or look in the mirror) surely you must notice the Downsesque characteristics you exhibit...its not standard extreme ugliness dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you meant and you know that i kjnow what i meant.

Someone had to post it and Keyser aint about.

you know exactly what I mean. Every time you look at a photo of yourself (or look in the mirror) surely you must notice the Downsesque characteristics you exhibit...its not standard extreme ugliness dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

the prince of orange is in ashton, near the bus station.

i think i might know someone who goes in the royal oak who is an fc utd fan, don't think he would have been in there after the final though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah thank you, was doing my head in last night thinking where it was, I could picture the front of it and everything

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Anybody know more of The Times report that Rossi or Pique are off on loan to Porto this season as part of the Anderson deal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no idea, but I think I had the same thought as most when reading it this morning - 'please be Kieran, please be Kieran'

Hmm, maybe, but those two have been playing at a higher level (Italy and Spain), so it's a bit of a step down, really.

May be a good place for Jonny Evans to go? He needs to play at a higher level than the Championship, I think.

Actually, are the Brazilian twins coming this summer? If so, a year in Portugal could be good for them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverick:

Hmm, maybe, but those two have been playing at a higher level (Italy and Spain), so it's a bit of a step down, really.

May be a good place for Jonny Evans to go? He needs to play at a higher level than the Championship, I think.

Actually, are the Brazilian twins coming this summer? If so, a year in Portugal could be good for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article from The Times didn't specify whether it was meant to be a loan or permanent transfer. They used the word "entitled" though so that suggests to me that it would be a full part-exchange of a player plus however much cash we owe Porto. Either way, even though they'd play regularly and get some CL experience I don't know if its ideal to send them out on loan to a mid/low standard domestic league.

Evans, as far as I know, could very well just head back to Sunderland next season which I'd be fine with to be honest. It'd do him more good to play Premiership football than go to Portugal.

IIRC the transfer of the Brazilian twins doesn't go through until next summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

:***************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that. is. brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is . . . not there anymore ?

Nick:

The names I got off wiki for some of your scholars (I knew most of them tbf - have heard of Moffatt but wasn't sure how highly he was rated)

Anyway it includes Liam Mcclair, who I guess is Brian McClair's son? Would he get a scholarship?

just said in the Chelsea thread but i'm pretty sure that's some random adding themselves to the wiki page for hilarious japes. can't remember off the top of my head if one of Choccy's kids is called Liam (think one of them might be but not sure), but even if that is his son he's played no part in u16 or u18 games as far as i know and i've never heard any mention of a McClair kid in the academy at all (unlike Oliver Gill and Reece Brown).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Evans, as far as I know, could very well just head back to Sunderland next season which I'd be fine with to be honest. It'd do him more good to play Premiership football than go to Portugal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please God icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Great work on editing the wiki page Nick (L)

Do you have any clue who this mysterous winger we've/I've been hearing about for the last year + is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the name Remo Staubli keeps getting mentioned but i don't think it's him. lord knows if he even exists.

i've just found out Liam McClair is indeed Choccy's son (same birthday as on the wiki page too icon_biggrin.gif). definitely not in the academy though. i've also established that Brian McClair's daughters are fiiiiiine

of the daughters.

Not Remo Staubli, who is this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remo_Staubli </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, everything i've ever read about him has suggested he was too old. we'll see i guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Lads, Jules has revealed to me he's never heard of Massive Attack.

icon_frown.gif

The youth of today missing out on so much icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

citehs firm?

ha, i remember that. was on the same tape as that awful Sing Up For The Champions song with the tame version of the Ole song iirc icon_biggrin.gif

you are my solskjaer, my ole solskjaer

you're only happy when skies are grey

and when it's pouring, you just keep scoring

oh please don't take my solskjaer away

good lord

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

wow wsr, I stick up for you and you repay me by voting me sorest loser.

talk about stabbed in the back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops!

There was only three choices. icon_frown.gif

Cool video btw, Mika. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

where have you got that from? someone must be winding you up, i refuse to believe even the Sun would print something that daft </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've checked, it's actually on their website, along with a far more promising and hopefuly far more true story about West Ham paying 4m for Richardson.

Archived