BBC or ITV for the World Cup?

Razzler

Which one you watching?

I might pop back to England for the tournament, any idea of the line ups/presenters? I really hate constant adverts right before kick off

All these World Cup threads you wonder where the World Cup Forum is ...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC annoucned their line-up a while ago. Not sure about ITV.

Gary Lineker leads the TV coverage and will be joined by former England captain Ferdinand, Henry - a World Cup winner and France's record goal scorer - and former Dutch midfielder and current AC Milan coach Clarence Seedorf.

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper and former USA international Brad Friedel are new signings for the Radio 5 live punditry team along with Celtic manager and former Northern Ireland midfielder Neil Lennon, who will have a combined role across TV and radio.

They join the BBC roster of former internationals working across TV and radio of Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer, Chris Waddle, Martin Keown, Kevin Kilbane, Mark Lawrenson, Danny Mills, Danny Murphy, Phil Neville, Robbie Savage, Pat Nevin, Jason Roberts and John Hartson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27339354

could put :thdn: to most of them

despite the fact people have wanted rid of Hansen for ages, I'd rather listen to him than Savage, Hartson, Mills or most on that list

think I heard ITV were trying to get Martinez as a pundit along with the usual like Keane, Dixon etc

We will have Richard Keys and Andy Gray here on beIN Sports but means sleeping 4am every night whereas I can work from the UK and have a proper structured day

beIN usually get some pretty decent guests alongside the usual pundits you see on the likes of Sky (Souness, Francis, Guillet, etc)

I watched some of Rio when he did punditry on England/San Marino and he excelled at saying absolutely nothing at all so will fit in well around the sofa. Linekar a good host, sometimes I'd prefer to hear his opinion

I'll be watching the BBC obviously.

The last time I tried watching the World Cup on ITV I ended up watching a Hyundai advert whilst Gerrard scored against USA.

I'll be watching the BBC where possible, ITV always oozes cheapness.

Whereas the BBC just rips you off with the TV licence. :lol:

I'd watch the World Cup on Dave if it showed the games. :lol:

BBC have added Juninho Paulista to their line-up.

I think a lot of the pundits that people are complaining about for the BBC will be mainly on the radio coverage. Personally I just switch on just in time for kick-off and turn back over as soon as the game is finished. So it's the co-commentators that bother me more.

The England goal that wasn't shown last time around was on ITV's HD channel. Anyone watching it on SD saw it.

The England goal that wasn't shown last time around was on ITV's HD channel. Anyone watching it on SD saw it.

I was watching in on HD in one room, some others were watching it in SD in the next room. Advert came on, everyone next door cheered. We thought they were messing around :herman:

the problem will be that a repeat could be a much bigger thing this time around considering people have HD on their Sky boxes, there is people with Freeview HD who can watch ITV's HD channel and other methods like Freesat/VM. HD in 2010 wasn't as big as it is nowadays

DigitalSpy reporting that Andros Townsend will be a part of ITV's team:

The midfielder will join ITV's main presenting team, which includes Adrian Chiles, Roy Keane and Lee Dixon.

Other guests will include Sunderland manager Gus Poyet, Scotland manager Gordon Strachan, ex-England star Ian Wright, former England manager Glenn Hoddle, Republic of Ireland coach Martin O'Neill and World Cup winner for France Patrick Vieira.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a570662/brazil-world-cup-andros-townsend-gus-poyet-join-itv-pundit-team.html#~oE94R8JsMo1GoO

I'm glad Desailly isn't returning with either channel.

Archived