FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm tempted to wait until Beta is over until I resume this. I'm finding it too unrealistic atm. Far too many goals for my liking.

I will most likely be restarting come Nov 7th, but having some fun playing at the moment so will keep doing it to get some knowledge of the menus and the changes in the game. Testing out things like the touchline team talks and other things.

I think I'm going to hold out to start my proper save when the Beta finishes. I think my strategy this year is going to be to start a game in both this thread, and Gundo's. I'm thinking maybe Iceland and Italy for a nice full spectrum of challenges. Although the problem is, San Marino also really appeals. So many choices this year!

I'm gonna put my Piacenza on hold untill full release. At that time the players turning against you hopefully has been tweaked! Till then I'll be playing FMC :-)

Good luck to everyone!

Muggert, aptly timed Team Meetings and getting team talks before/HT/FT in matches are pretty important to rectifying these problems. Has your assistant been at the club longer than you? If so then have him handle team talks if the players are responding negatively. Hope this helps.

Hey all,

I tried to post about my game with Nairn County in Scottish League 2, but it doesnt seem to have worked. A message came up something to do with the Moderator? (Can't remember what it said.) My first game in charge (after friendlies) was against a team the division above me in the challenge cup and I won 3-0. Pretty proud, Gonna get stuck into my league tonight!!

Muggert, aptly timed Team Meetings and getting team talks before/HT/FT in matches are pretty important to rectifying these problems. Has your assistant been at the club longer than you? If so then have him handle team talks if the players are responding negatively. Hope this helps.

I just got the team back on track then I got a youngster poached and then it began again.... I'm not gonna play babysitting manager when I got a nice little FMC game available with new scouting and training options :-)

It's not that it is happening. It's that it happens so much.

But as I mentioned I hope I can continue when they've fixed the issues.

The unhappiness thing seems to be on the official fix/tweak list. It doesn't seem to affect things too much at the really low level of Scottish lower leagues. No one is poaching these useless guys and you never really had any money invested in anyone so if they get upset being a backup it doesn't matter they can just leave.

The only problem is further up the leagues if the goalscoring thing continues it makes it a bit stupid where you really want to be able to control or see out a game against better teams, doesn't matter so much when everyone has pretty useless defenders and you know you can make a tonne of chances. Hopefully this will be fixed by the time I'm in that position.

Not finding too many goals to be a problem so far in the Spanish Second Division. My team has only managed 5 through 7 games. Only given up 12 as well so our defense isn't awful at least.

Not finding too many goals to be a problem so far in the Spanish Second Division. My team has only managed 5 through 7 games. Only given up 12 as well so our defense isn't awful at least.

Of course, after posting that, we go on to win our next two games 3-1 and 5-0.

I'm gonna put my Piacenza on hold untill full release. At that time the players turning against you hopefully has been tweaked! Till then I'll be playing FMC :-)

Good luck to everyone!

Likewise. Been experiencing the very same thing Muggert.

Brora Rangers

2015/2016 Pre-Season

Brora_Rangers_FC_logo.png

Scottish League 2 |

Club Info | History | Finances | Facilities | Manager | Reputation

The Squad currently consists of an ominous total of thirteen players, of which three are under contract. Four of the thirteen have medium-term injuries which will rule them out of pre-season.

No coaches, No scouts, No physio, No Assistant. Paradise! :cool: Time to trial every kid, grandad and could-have-been in the North of Scotland! I may be some time with the next post.

"It's a known bug - the team are working on it :) Pretty annoying (was going to start my FMCU thread tonight but having found out I'll be stuck with zero qualifications from the start I changed my mind), but it is what it is - the whole point of a beta, I guess. "

Hope no one is too attached to their Beta saves as you can't improve you coaching quals...You can study for them, but just get stuck studying :(

"It's a known bug - the team are working on it :) Pretty annoying (was going to start my FMCU thread tonight but having found out I'll be stuck with zero qualifications from the start I changed my mind), but it is what it is - the whole point of a beta, I guess. "

Hope no one is too attached to their Beta saves as you can't improve you coaching quals...You can study for them, but just get stuck studying :(

LLR - Do you have a link to this never get qualifications bug?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/402934-Coaching-Qualifications-reviewed

This one possibly...there are a bunch of Coaching badges ones around...sounds like using preferences in game will change them to whatever your first ever profile was as well...

Ah, I didn't realise that using preferences was what had caused the previous profile to reemerge. I'm on my second save of this kind (youth challenge with Piacenza so technically it's this challenge as well) and by deleting all previous profiles before adding my new manager, so far I still have no coaching qualifications but I haven't used preferences yet and I might if I find a good graphics pack with some missing club logos. My board won't even let me start a coaching course anyway.

This is probably a very hard question to answer but anyway ..... I'm trying to get Asti into Serie C but I've reloaded over 100 times and it hasn't happened. Any idea of the odds of them appearing at all? thought the more experienced guys good give me an idea of the likelihood. Thanks.

As far as I know it is based on reputation, so it depends if they are higher or lower on the Serie D list, it should be one from each Serie D section promoted, so if they are behind a few high rep teams it gets really hard to get them promoted.

They are in Girone A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Serie_D#Girone_A So I guess it depends how high the rep of teams around them is.

Would be a nice feature to put on the wishlist for FM 2016 I guess - the ability to pick one of the potentially promoted teams at the start of the game - would still need to let the game holiday in order to create the first season's events, but then there would be no need to re-load. Wouldn't be hard to program in I would imagine.

As far as I know it is based on reputation, so it depends if they are higher or lower on the Serie D list, it should be one from each Serie D section promoted, so if they are behind a few high rep teams it gets really hard to get them promoted.

They are in Girone A http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Serie_D#Girone_A So I guess it depends how high the rep of teams around them is.

as a test I edited every other team in Girone A so their reputation was under 1000 and I left Asti at 2250. I've reloaded 10 times and they still didn't appear. Feels like I'm missing something here....

as a test I edited every other team in Girone A so their reputation was under 1000 and I left Asti at 2250. I've reloaded 10 times and they still didn't appear. Feels like I'm missing something here....

Now that is strange, I know there is some randomness, but in all past editions the higher the reputation the higher the chance of coming up...There have been issues in Italy before, same 9 clubs constantly coming up, and different clubs being listed as promoted ti those actually promoted, but they should be coming up sometimes if their rep is highest in their group :)

Would be a nice feature to put on the wishlist for FM 2016 I guess - the ability to pick one of the potentially promoted teams at the start of the game - would still need to let the game holiday in order to create the first season's events, but then there would be no need to re-load. Wouldn't be hard to program in I would imagine.

I have suggested this in the ideas thread in the past. Perhaps if more people wished for it SI would take the time and implement it. :)

You can increase the odds by holidaying an extra season and then reloading as generally the best team has already been promoted (Just use a save with the most common team from Girone A being promoted)

I have not had time to properly test FM15, but I think whether a team is more likely to be promoted later on or not depends also on the teams that were relegated from Serie C to Serie D. Some game versions ago, I'm pretty sure, relegated teams were placed into geographically appropriate Serie D groups, so it was possible to "control" what teams would end up in the same groups. It was possible to reload the game so that a high reputation club from certain area would not be relegated and placed into the group where the low reputation team you wanted to promote was playing. FM14 did not distribute relegated teams to different Serie D groups however, but it seemed that high reputation relegated clubs very often were promoted back to Serie C regardless of geographical locations.

That's helpful. What teams would I want not to be relegated into Serie D to allow Asti to be promoted?

If FM15 works that way, then at least Novara are a reputable team within the same region who you would not want to be relegated. If you have the editor and made Asti clearly the highest reputation club within the group and they still do not go up, I suspect the game has some sort of problem with promotions from Serie D. FM14 had that kind of issues at first as LLR mentioned.

Cobh Ramblers

MZ2RFCR.png

Irish First Division | 3rd

Table | Squad | Finances | Transfers

After departure of our best player from last season, Robert Waters, I decided to start looking primarily at players physical stats and this approach brought its fruits. As per use, we had a strong mid-season leading the league by one point after 21 games. Then I had some issues with players demanding game time even when they are not good enough for our reserve team (if any existed). Final third place is well above expectations, we were again predicted to be at the very bottom. In the league playoff, we lost 5-4 on aggregate against Wexford Youths. I am partly glad that we haven't got promoted this year, because we would be hammered by everyone in the Premier Division. The main task now is to keep our best players in the squad, bring as much talent as possible on as low wages as possible and try to push for promotion next season.

Top players:

Jason Abott | Stephen Kenny

Season | League            | Position | Munster Cup  | League Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2015  |  First Division   |   6th    |  Semi-final  |   2nd Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    216
 2016  |  First Division   |   3rd    |  Semi-final  |  Qtr-Final |  3rd Rnd  |    265

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2, align: center]Logo.png

Alverca SAD

Season 1: 2015/16 Season Review[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Summary:

League: 4th (Predicted 9th)

POR Cup: 2nd Round

Manager: Jono Newton

Finances: €2.3M (14th POR)

Wages: €6,080 (Budget €9,311)

Transfers: 2015/16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #53AAE6, colspan: 2]The Competitions

| Campeonato Nacional | Taça de Portugal |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

[TD]

For the first season we only had two competitions to focus on, the League & the Cup, this meant we were able to concentrate on avoiding relegation.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #00AFF0]Campeonato Nacional

| 1st Phase Table | 2nd Phase | Player Stats | Team Stats | Fixtures |[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]First Phase: The best way to avoid relegation is to make the promotion playoffs, but only the top 2 in each group get that chance. Our start put us about mid pack, but we fell off to the bottom after just 6 games we were well out of the hunt in 9th. This meant an effort to get ourselves back into the race, and knowing that half our points from the first phase would be taken into the relegation phase where we would be battling to ensure we survived. The top two teams had got away, but we managed to battle back towards the top, it helped that our final 5 games were against teams near the bottom of the league and in the end we made it up to 4th and would be second to start the Relegation phase.

Relegation Phase: We would be going into the relegation phase having scored 55 goals in 18 matches and conceded 41. If we could concede less we had a pretty good shot at avoiding relegation, but I was hoping if we could make it to the top of the relegation phase. After a month long break we started against Fafe in back to back competitive matches having finshed the first phase against them. A 5-2 win in this game was the start we wanted, but then we lost 3 straight, I was a bit worried, and the games got tough as we were really battling through this period, in the end it took three straight wins at the end of the season for us to make it back into second in the relegation phase and the happiness of our board.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #00AFF0][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Wick Academy

2019/2020

tumblr_ne0uw0cHV11u29ayro1_250.jpg

Scottish League 1 | 9th

The big problem at this level is that I still can't sign anyone worthwhile with my semi-pro status, it just about got me through league 2 but this will be tricky. It all came down to the very end of season fixtures, last match I was level on points with Peterhead, won the game and sent them down. Then I realised how good it is to be in the relegation playoffs, just look at the attendance in the match I highlighted, 2425, about 10 times my average, so much money. It was also followed by an amazing performance in the away leg where we got two early goals and then countered superbly as they tried to get something back.

Top players: Lee Fraser | Shane Sutherland | Calum MacDonald

Other stuff: You might notice I let 50,000 players leave on the transfers, they're all the useless youth players that were making more training work than my coaches could manage.

Season | League | Position |   Cup   | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16 |  Two   |   8th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    233
16/17 |  Two   |   9th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    190
17/18 |  Two   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    263
18/19 |  Two   |   1st    | 2nd Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    268
19/20 |  One   |   9th    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    434

Wick Academy

2020/2021

tumblr_ne0uw0cHV11u29ayro1_250.jpg

Scottish League 1 | 5th

My team seems to be better after the patch, I have a bit more control at the back rather than balls flying in from all over the place. Late in the season I had a bit of a run towards to the playoffs but then damn Airdrie and Forfar kept winning (and I didn't) so the gap never closed up.

Top players: Lee Fraser | Calum MacDonald

Other stuff: Michael Cameron, I should have taken a picture of him fresh from the youth academy, he has improved greatly, exciting player.

Overall Best 11: Colin MacLean scored his 100th goal for Wick this season.

Season | League | Position |   Cup   | Leag. Cup | Chal. Cup | Avg. Att.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
15/16 |  Two   |   8th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    233
16/17 |  Two   |   9th    | 2nd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    190
17/18 |  Two   |   3rd    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  2nd Rnd  |    263
18/19 |  Two   |   1st    | 2nd Rnd |  2nd Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    268
19/20 |  One   |   9th    | 3rd Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    434
20/21 |  One   |   5th    | 4th Rnd |  1st Rnd  |  1st Rnd  |    439

so my brother has kindly given me my usual early christmas present which is money to buy Football Manager so i guess i should buy the game on Friday as surely i HAVE TO.... i guess i should give some thought as to where to play first this year, and read up on the new features etc before the weekend...

Looks like i'm being 'forced' into playing the game again soon - my daughter will have to make do with less daddy time... ;)

Archived