dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally found the K's and here we go.

dnjtcMi.png

I'll be updating my progress on a Career's Thread which I shall post the link to later. Once the social media bits get added in, I may also post through my Twitter feed and I'm very much debating using Twitch to chronicle some of the save.

EDIT: Link to thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/402717-FM15-We-shall-dine-like-Kings%28tonians%29!

@MikaelS - Good to see you back again this year. Just getting chippenham seems to be about half the challenge!

@jsar - I was hoping you'd get lucky lol. 3 days of nada for me, herefod is just ruining it! took a bit of a reloading break on sunday to try and get a bit of gameplay in. Will be back to reloading after work tonight.

@MikaelS - Good to see you back again this year. Just getting chippenham seems to be about half the challenge!

Well, I do play it every year, however I tend to get fairly bored with FM pretty quick. So let's see how it turns out this time.

AFC Hornchurch - Vanarama Conference South - 2015/16 - 6th

League table - We narrowly missed out on the playoffs thanks to the very consistent towards the end Sutton United. We had a great run going and were sitting in 5th going into our last 5-6 games with one point separating us and Sutton United in 6th but inform striker Javlon Campbell got injured and our form wasn't good enough to stop them leapfrogging us to that last playoff spot in the final stretch. Oxford City were immense all season long and beat us both home and away.

Squad - The standout players were goal and assist machine George Purcell and top scorer Javlon Campbell.

Transfers

Finances

English Under 18s Group 8 Champions! - That was a nice little consolation after narrowly missing out on the playoffs.

@Quavis I had nothing to do with it really, but I couldn't help notice every time the youth match report popped up that they kept on winning. They had two half decent 16 year old strikers who weren't good enough for the first team yet so I threw them in there rather than the U-21 team. Both strikers ended up with a ratio of a goal every game in the U-18s and one of them became my first choice striker in the first team for a short while before his form dipped.

Well, my Rushall save has come to an end and 1 hell of an eye-opener for me. Ive played CM/FM for 20 years and Ive never really had any problems turning small clubs into CL winners. When I say small clubs, League 1 is the lowest I go except 1 save where I took Southport to glory. I honestly thought I would rock up, struggle through the first season or 2 and then take off.

How silly that idea looks now. Just got relegated end of the 3rd season. Found it impossible to break the cycle of recruiting a load of players, most are potential that never get fulfilled and the ones that do impress dont want to stay.

Ive just reloaded the 'Holiday Man' and appointed myself at Hereford and its a world apart, their wage bill is about 30x what Rushall's was, and I was told that my wage budget at Rushall was very good. It kind of feels like cheating to start over with Hereford but I honestly don't think Ive the knowledge or experience for Rushall.

Anyway, new challenge.

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2017/18

So near yet so far...

Season in review:

What a disappointment that was. We had a great 3/4's of a season and were leading the league with 10 games to go. Having lost only 5 of our first 36 league games we went on an unbelievably bad run, losing 7 of our last 10 (winning 2 and 1 draw) to finish in 3rd place, some 14 points off the champions Oxford City. But never mind, at least we had the play-offs to tackle. After winning the semi-final 3-2 on aggregate over Torquay, we came up against Accrington in the final, and this happened... a gut wrenching 5-4 loss in extra time after we had a 4-2 lead going into the 85th minute. We even missed a penalty too. A horrible end to what had been a hugely promising season.

Squad

League Table

Competitions

Transfers - More frees and some loans

Finances - Reaching the play-off final pumped almost £500k into the club so the finances are looking a lot better now. Hopefully there will be a bit of money to spend this summer.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         [b]Champions[/b]
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        16th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        3rd         Lost in Play-Off Final

Next Season:

Promotion has to be the target next season.

Anyone else having the problem of it saying you have a National B License although you set it to "None" at the profile creation part? I could've sworn it said None when I checked my info for the first time as well.

EDIT: I just retired and added a new manager. Hopefully that doesn't matter.

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I fined one of my players 2 weeks wages for not turning up to training and my entire squad is kicking off..nearly all of them are unhappy! This could be an interesting (in a good way) feature.

Note that 2 games prior to this screenshot, all of the teams morale was abysmal & very poor. Luckily I drew and won the last two matches and hence the morale is starting to repair!

6A9155622A96584B8ED789DABC991B81679C9B3F

Relegated in last place with Hendon. How do you Football Manager?

Good to know I am not alone - struggling in the relegation spots with Hendon in January of first season. Maybe I need to be more realistic about my FM ability and start again with a higher rep team.

Good to know I am not alone - struggling in the relegation spots with Hendon in January of first season. Maybe I need to be more realistic about my FM ability and start again with a higher rep team.

That was my third attempt at this challenge on FM15 as well, it's not getting easier! I think maybe when the full game comes out it might help, defensively I get ripped apart every game.

Hampton & Richmond - Conference South - Season 2015/16

First season at this level and as always the target was to shift deadwood and stay up

League Table - Just about stayed up, wasn't pretty at times, we were safe with 2 games to go which was lucky as we lost them 4-0 and 6-1 :eek:

FA Cup - out at the first hurdle

FA Trophy - Got to the first round and lost

Squad - Too many players I couldn't shift while under contract, will have a HUGE clear out this summer

Transfers - some good, some not so good

Finances - only went over my wage budget towards the end of the season due to a couple of new deals so this loss is very worrying

Key Players

Charlie Moone - easily our best player, 26 goals and the only player to even reach double figures, need to find a partner for him next season

Mickey Dimitriou - CB, started well but form faded badly

Michael Bryan - Right wing, 7 goals and 10 assists

Ryan Wilson - 17 year old played more then I had planned

Jorell Johnson - young CB that I hope will improve after a rough first season

2015/16   Conference South   19th

Holiday Man was doing such a great job at being unemployed (and I couldn't get the team I wanted) that he was persuaded to stay on for another season. Thanks to G_D_K for the suggestion in Dafuges Challenge 12 Steam Chat! Pretty sure starting in 2016 instead of 2015 is allowed, but let me know if it is not.

Quavis takes over at Chippenham Town

35es5yJ.png

Information

Holiday Man was doing such a great job at being unemployed (and I couldn't get the team I wanted) that he was persuaded to stay on for another season. Thanks to G_D_K for the suggestion in Dafuges Challenge 12 Steam Chat! Pretty sure starting in 2016 instead of 2015 is allowed, but let me know if it is not.

Quavis takes over at Chippenham Town

35es5yJ.png

Information

Haha nice work. havent seen them yet. Starting in 2016 is fine I think. I dont see why it wouldnt be?

The season has started good so far. I'm in 8th place after 17 games and way above the expectations. The most surprising player so far have been a young talent already at the club when I took over. Terry Reed has been great for us and hopefully he will continue improving. We also have a great left winger who are currently our top scorer.

I'm adding a another series of saves to my earlier batch (post #7) with a 2-year holiday run. With Hereford/Dorchester dominating the Premier South (and FC United running a close 3rd) it's near impossible to get some of the other teams out of that division. A 2 year holiday save at least clears out Dorchester/Hereford and allows for some other teams from the south to move into contention for promotion.

(For those wondering, I have 36 saves posted from a 1-year holiday. Hereford is promoted in 34 of them, Dorchester in 19 of them. FC United is promoted in 20 of them. That leaves little room for any other team from the South to be promoted!

Hopefully, this will make a larger number of teams playable (I have 33 distinct teams posted...hoping to get at least 50 of them!)

(as noted in the saves post, I'm deliberately excluding teams not listed in post 1 -- these are teams relegated from N/S in year one, or promoted from below the regional premier divisions in year one..so some of the saves will have fewer than 6 teams posted).

Many thanks. Btw, very nice club choice, daf. Nice logo and colors. Also, Greek word OIKOS on the kits is the word from which term economy was derived. One of your goals might be to make them the richest club in the world.

Many thanks. Btw, very nice club choice, daf. Nice logo and colors. Also, Greek word OIKOS on the kits is the word from which term economy was derived. One of your goals might be to make them the richest club in the world.

Sadly Oikos is an operator of bulk liquid storage facilities, which is far less glamorous.

They way things have been going so far though, I can definitely see similarities with the Greek economy :D

Hereford begin they journey from the bottom to the world domination. Beware of the Bulls, or as I always used to call them the Crazy Cows. :D

My knowledge of England is amazing - I managed to find the local stadium, as shown in the profile. :D

Hereford begin they journey from the bottom to the world domination. Beware of the Bulls, or as I always used to call them the Crazy Cows. :D

My knowledge of England is amazing - I managed to find the local stadium, as shown in the profile. :D

Haha Hereford are so OP. You are being paid 50k/season. Thats more than my team pays the squad :)

Archived