Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, screwyiimp said:

and also my players were on a 6 game losing streak couldnt score for toffee so i dropped the whole lot of them played my youth team went to top of the table exeter and won 5-1 so does the ME take into account player stats ? as 15/16 year old youth players wouldnt all make there debut at the top team and win 5-1 but my youth striker finishing 5 comp 7 scored 3 great goals shame theo robinson cant !!

It's probably yet another case of unrealistic input = unrealistic output. 

15 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Matches you can save on your computer and upload, so the developers could investigate the 6+ times of hitting the post in all matches.

why would the developers investigate it we all know the games perfect!   nothing is perfect is it just people quote real life games when people say i had 30 shots and 65% poss  etc and the AI had 4 and won  2-0 tell me how many times do barca play like that in real life and get beat ? how many players move to lower league clubs for 75% less wages you have offered them ? how many clubs sell a player to a team for millions less then what you offered but wont even entertain your bid ? 

Just now, screwyiimp said:

why would the developers investigate it we all know the games perfect!   nothing is perfect is it just people quote real life games when people say i had 30 shots and 65% poss  etc and the AI had 4 and won  2-0 tell me how many times do barca play like that in real life and get beat ? how many players move to lower league clubs for 75% less wages you have offered them ? how many clubs sell a player to a team for millions less then what you offered but wont even entertain your bid ? 

You are obviously not interested to improve the game. Otherwise you would post into the bugs forum and provide what is needed to adjust and fix what you think is wrong in the game.

Just now, KUBI said:

You are obviously not interested to improve the game. Otherwise you would post into the bugs forum and provide what is needed to adjust and fix what you think is wrong in the game.

i could rant all day what is wrong with the game but i will be quoted real life games like greece v someone etc i have played the game for over 10 years transfer and wages have never been fixed same as AI issues so i could  write down everything that is wrong with the game but the only response i will get is banned from here , intresting you couldnt answer my questions though but rather diverted away from them  goodnight 

1 minute ago, screwyiimp said:

i could rant all day what is wrong with the game but i will be quoted real life games like greece v someone etc i have played the game for over 10 years transfer and wages have never been fixed same as AI issues so i could  write down everything that is wrong with the game but the only response i will get is banned from here , intresting you couldnt answer my questions though but rather diverted away from them  goodnight 

Again. There is a bug forum. You can start as many threads you like, just provide some real information about things that does not work. Anything else is just useless.

Could I respectfully suggest that anyone who says they will, might, or could be banned, should in fact be banned? Immediately and with extreme prejudice.

And kudos to the mods; your tolerance and patience is exemplary.

10 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

It is stable or we wouldn't have sent it out to public users. It is Beta because it is not final, that's all.

So you're saying that Alejandro Gomez and that bug with Club World Championship won't be fixed with 17.3.1?

I can fix Alejandro Gomez easily by myself, but this CWC bug is something that I would like to be fixed if I'm going to start new game. Don't know if the bug is persistent, or happen every once in a while.

The CWC bug is really a total game breaker. Imagine if the winner of the European Champions League was appearing incorrectly in CWC? Dare I say, it would never have actually been released or it would have been fixed instantly. imo SI must work to fix that issue fast. I have no idea how this + the very slow game speed made it to release without testing.

Edited by Candre168

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Firehouse said:

So you're saying that Alejandro Gomez and that bug with Club World Championship won't be fixed with 17.3.1?

I'm not sure how you get from "it's not a final version" to something definitely not being fixed. It isn't what I said at all.

• Administrators

I understand. Rest assured we are looking into the issues reported to us on 17.3 to resolve before a final 17.3.1. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Firehouse said:

this CWC bug is something that I would like to be fixed if I'm going to start new game. Don't know if the bug is persistent, or happen every once in a while.

Turn out that the CWC bug happens every year as I have tested it in Editor 2017, using "Test Competition" function. I dont wanna start a new game any more unless the issue is fixed.

Another problem with Copa Libertadores: some clubs qualify for group stage through the preliminary phase but they doesn't appear in the draw for the group stage, lefting them out of the competition.

I've been playing this game since Championship Manager 3, and I've never seen anything like that with the competitions. It's totally bugged and impossible to start a new save. If you like to load South American leagues, you simply can't play the game. If you specifically like to load the Brazilian League, then just forget it.

10 hours ago, warlock said:

Could I respectfully suggest that anyone who says they will, might, or could be banned, should in fact be banned? Immediately and with extreme prejudice.

And kudos to the mods; your tolerance and patience is exemplary.

of course people dont get banned and threads dont get deleted or closed perfect forum isnt it 

17 minutes ago, screwyiimp said:

of course people dont get banned and threads dont get deleted or closed perfect forum isnt it 

You need to give up with your attitude, read the replies you are getting and then either follow their advice, or stop moaning.

Didn't know where to post this (im new here), but there is some missing transfers in the Norwegian league. Eliteserien/Tippeligaen. 

1. Lukas Spalvis did never complete his loan-transfer to Rosenborg BK.
2. Nicklas 'the lord' Bendtner have signed for us.
3. Birger Meling have signed for us. 

But not in the game. I bought the FM Editor 2017 but it doesn't let me change Nicklas Bendtner's contract. (Bonuses)

24 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

You need to give up with your attitude, read the replies you are getting and then either follow their advice, or stop moaning.

ok give me some advice then 

how can i sign players who ask for 2.5k a week but my max wage is 1.8k a week but then the said players accepts a wage of £500 a week ? take the player in bostons team ( before the update ) he was on a non contract ( the midfielder ) tried to sign him for lincoln  he wanted £900 a week i only offered £600 a week plus £200 apperance fee/ goal bonus   unused sub etc would of meant he could earn over 1k a week if  he played 2 games a week now he turned me down the £0 a week at boston must be better ? but in my game he signs for york for £450 a week how do i get round that ? it happens every year in the game , now when people moan about i had 30 shots on in a game and 65% poss and the AI team beat me 2-0 with only 4 shots people jump straight in and quote real life games etc so if its a real life game then it should happen in FM , so in real life why would a lad from boston 30 mile up the road refuse £600 a week when hes earning £0 a week in a lower league ?

This Libertadores thing is such a big thing that I really really think SI will solve the problem extremely fast

I was overlooking all the other South American issues (and there are a lot, some I already posted in the bugs forum) but this one I cant. Mistakes happen, thats ok, but there are way too many issues in SA now

And I am in the final of Libertadores 2017 starting the save unemployed, so I really hope the fix is compatible with my save

Please SI make the fix save game compatible :(

Edited by AEJ

55 minutes ago, screwyiimp said:

Enough now.

You raised an issue, you were advised how you could constructively help SI look into it further and you've given nothing but sarcasm back since.

People do get banned, threads do get deleted or closed, but pretty much only for the reasons you are demonstrating.  If you have feedback, post it.  If all you have is more sarcasm, don't bother.

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

Enough now.

You raised an issue, you were advised how you could constructively help SI look into it further and you've given nothing but sarcasm back since.

People do get banned, threads do get deleted or closed, but pretty much only for the reasons you are demonstrating.  If you have feedback, post it.  If all you have is more sarcasm, don't bother.

is it sarcasm because it dont suit your agenda ? im giving MY FEEDBACK about wages and contracts i play the game have done for years so im giving my FEEDBACK on trying to sign players and as its  ruining my gaming experience  what is wrong with that ? or is it part of the game  and i just except it , if it is then fair enough but some feedback from SI would be nice after all its a feedback thread 

• Administrators

is it sarcasm because it dont suit your agenda ? im giving MY FEEDBACK about wages and contracts i play the game have done for years so im giving my FEEDBACK on trying to sign players and as its  ruining my gaming experience  what is wrong with that ? or is it part of the game  and i just except it , if it is then fair enough but some feedback from SI would be nice after all its a feedback thread 

The feedback isn't constructive or valid when you are being argumentative and sarcastic. I understand you're frustrated, but there's no need to making snide comments, it's unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, screwyiimp said:

2 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

The feedback isn't constructive or valid when you are being argumentative and sarcastic. I understand you're frustrated, but there's no need to making snide comments, it's unacceptable.

You were asked to raise the wages issue in the Bugs forum.  You were also asked to raise the issue of shots hitting the post in the Bugs forum.

You left your feedback, you were answered.  Your sarcasm since is the issue now and any more will simply be removed from the thread.

15 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

ok point taken its frustrating because its ruining the game for me but it seems when you post anything negative about the game your shot down thats just my view , anyway its posted in the bugs forum now so will see where that goes 

19 hours ago, FootballTrainer said:

Having graphics like FIFA would make the game to an even bigger world beater and those who would disagree now won´t do that in a 10 years time because basically that´s the next natural step for the game. 2D-3D-4 and 5D and then onto something like FIFA graphics. Let´s be honest, FM is a simulation game, therefore it should be simulated with real looking footballers just like any other simulation game or arcade game out there. If and just saying if SI take this step they could easily launch the game on XBox and Playstation and people would buy it straight away.

can't wait for Graphic like Fifa ...much more realistic and bug free :onmehead:

27 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

can't wait for Graphic like Fifa ...much more realistic and bug free :onmehead:

this really doesn't help anyone. i bet SI would wholeheartly accept FIFA graphics in FM if it was possible  (with all the bugs) for them to produce such thing. heck, i don't think anyone would object. 

Edited by MBarbaric

2 hours ago, screwyiimp said:

in real life why would a lad from boston 30 mile up the road refuse £600 a week when hes earning £0 a week in a lower league ?

Perhaps he thinks he'll get more game time at York. Perhaps his agent is getting a much bigger fee. Perhaps with all the hidden contract bonuses, it's working out better for him to move to York. Perhaps it's a longer (or shorter) deal than you offered which suits him better. Perhaps he has favoured personnel at York. 

We don't know of course, because rather than provide actual evidence, you've just ranted in an nonconstructive fashion.  There's any number of variables that can affect a player's decision to join one club over another for less basic wages.  

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Perhaps he thinks he'll get more game time at York. Perhaps his agent is getting a much bigger fee. Perhaps with all the hidden contract bonuses, it's working out better for him to move to York. Perhaps it's a longer (or shorter) deal than you offered which suits him better. Perhaps he has favoured personnel at York. 

We don't know of course, because rather than provide actual evidence, you've just ranted in an nonconstructive fashion.  There's any number of variables that can affect a player's decision to join one club over another for less basic wages.  

plus a possible bug :D

• Administrators

Just a note to say we've released a small hotfix to address a few issues raised with us since 17.3.0 went live. All the details including the brief changelist here - 

Thanks. 

Just now, MBarbaric said:

plus a possible bug :D

Pretty fundamental part of the game though. If that's a bug it would happening to everyone.  It's not like the crossing issue from last year as that only affected those who played certain tactics. 

Incidentally, I've thought for a while now that there's part of the code that makes a player more likely to join an AI club than yours in certain situations to counter-balance the massive advantage the human user has in the transfer market generally, but this might simply be perception bias. 

41 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

when you scout a player you get to see his contract , but like you say it could be coded that way which is a simple enough answer isnt it because it sure as hell isnt a bug :)

when you scout a player you get to see his contract , but like you say it could be coded that way which is a simple enough answer isnt it because it sure as hell isnt a bug :)

Sarcasm aside, think about it for a minute. If this was a bug, why is the bugs forum not flooded with the same issue when you consider the amount of people who play the game? 

By the way, you don't get to see every clause in a player's contract not at your club. I'm pretty sure you don't see the agents fee or the signing on fee either, but I could be wrong. 

Serious issue concerning GK's kit numbers in Spain.

As you know, goalkeepers in Liga Santander & Liga 123 can only wear the numbers: 1, 13 & 25. With 9.3.0, after the first season, goalkeepers appears with numbers like 7 or 21.

This is a fairly serious mistake regarding the spanish league and should be fixed...

15 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just a note to say we've released a small hotfix to address a few issues raised with us since 17.3.0 went live. All the details including the brief changelist here - 

Thanks. 

Has the issue that's arisen since 17.3 with some clubs players randomly going holiday in December been addressed do you know Neil?

19 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

Doubt: After this fix, do I have to start a new save to play with my Brazilian team? Since the problem with the world club was solved?

2 minutes ago, Slates84 said:

Has the issue that's arisen since 17.3 with some clubs players randomly going holiday in December been addressed do you know Neil?

Olly Kenney did confirm that this is fixed.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Slates84 said:

It has been yes, I'll get it added to the changelist. Thanks for that. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Jean Dias said:

Football Manager 2017 17.3.1 Hotfix

Doubt: After this fix, do I have to start a new save to play with my Brazilian team? Since the problem with the world club was solved?

Yes for the changes related to the Brazilian competitions you would need to start a new save game. 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yes for the changes related to the Brazilian competitions you would need to start a new save game. 

So now the problem with the club world has been solved? The champion of the liberators goes to the world cup? Please, it's already my second lost save, have attention.

Copa do Brasil also solved the problem?

Edited by Jean Dias

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, jucaraio said:

I'm subscribed on beta so I received the 17.3.1 update yesterday already fixed these bugs or I need do something?

Thanks a lot!

All code is the same now on retail or beta, so it's fine just to carry on as you were. Thanks. 

23 hours ago, FootballTrainer said:

Having graphics like FIFA would make the game to an even bigger world beater

History shows otherwise. http://metro.co.uk/2010/07/05/fifa-manager-11-to-celebrate-10th-anniversary-434570/

Similar happened to Konami with PES Management, or Codemasters and LMA. Trying to bring it all to consoles to expand also failed. Not that anybody would object to top of the line visuals (I'd personally do if it meant the wages were spend purely on hiring visual staff, and games like Fifa have a taskforce dedicated to recreating Messi's hairdo). Unfortunately, management games have always been a niche,. A sizeable one, and one that attracts dedicated playes like us, but a niche nonetheless. The German devs of Fifa Manager went on record as saying that a drop in sales of but 20% would have been trouble for them (and in their core markets they sold 200.000 units per annum at best -- Fifa is in the millions and millions).  The core reason of which was probably inadvertedly expressed by a canned IGN US FM review from a few years back, and it might manifest in disgruntled and puzzled girl friends watching you play this stuff for hours on end alike ("Are you much doing here at all, hon?"). https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/12/08/when-managing-football-isnt-enough/comment-page-2/

That said, interestingly, the more realistic the visuals get in Fifa, the more of an uncanny valley effect appears to kick in, in particular as the patterns of play just aren't much football (two by six minutes of play, just like back on the classic that is Nintendo World Cup, but footie scorelines). Would be interesting if FM had similar effects if it sported animations and player models like that (it would certainly highlight the areas that aren't yet much football likewise, but probably in different ways -- the very introduction of optionally 3d already exposed a couple weak areas or make them stick out more pronouncedly, such as off the ball runs back then straight through defenders). :)

Edited by Svenc

Hi, long time lurker here

I want to ask whether the new 17.3.1 patch will have any changes to regen/newgen face again?

In 17.3.0 updates, while it's not mentioned in the changelog, there's changes in regen/newgen faces, making hairpack created for 17.0-17.2.1 incompatible, and instead making hairpack created for fm16 compatible.

So will there be change again for the 17.3.1 patch?

Thanks a lot! Hopefully with the 17.3.1 updates there won't be any gamebreaking bugs again, especially the one related with database, because if it's the bug in database (especially the major one like CWC bug), that just mean I have to redo my save all over again...

Edited by rainsong