Football Manager 2018 Announcement

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Maybe don't take it so personally. :brock:

At this point, SI don't even know when exactly it's going to be released.

I dont take it personally man and sorry if i was offensive in my comment..I know Si  dont know exactly release date of beta..I just ask if someone want to make a pediction based to his feeling or experience,just for fun...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! 

I just had a question regarding the upcoming FM18. Have you fixed the retirement problem from FM16?

Ive been playing this game series since FM09, but I quit because there was so much problems with players retiring in FM16 that it wasnt fun anymore.

Let me explain with examples.

I was managing Italien team Inter when all of a sudden in the middle of the season (I think it was December) my first keeper Handanovic and my important defender Davide Santon retired. At that time they were aged 31 and 26. That was really weird, as they both played first team football and were important players. After this, It kept on happening. Almost every season someone aged 29-31 retired, even though they were key players in my team.

One time my first team striker and leading goalscorer retired one week before playing the Champions League final.

Please say that you fixed this weird bug in the new game FM18? Then I will happily join #teamFM again :);):p

5 hours ago, Luiz24 said:

Hey! 

I just had a question regarding the upcoming FM18. Have you fixed the retirement problem from FM16?

Ive been playing this game series since FM09, but I quit because there was so much problems with players retiring in FM16 that it wasnt fun anymore.

Let me explain with examples.

I was managing Italien team Inter when all of a sudden in the middle of the season (I think it was December) my first keeper Handanovic and my important defender Davide Santon retired. At that time they were aged 31 and 26. That was really weird, as they both played first team football and were important players. After this, It kept on happening. Almost every season someone aged 29-31 retired, even though they were key players in my team.

One time my first team striker and leading goalscorer retired one week before playing the Champions League final.

Please say that you fixed this weird bug in the new game FM18? Then I will happily join #teamFM again :);):p

Never heard of this bug, never happened to me. Were you playing a custom database at the time?

However I can confirm that the behaviour you describe is not in FM17 so unless something has gone wrong with FM18 coding I highly doubt it will be in 

Edited by 22764636

4 minutes ago, Sonikku said:

They either got a complaint from UEFA/FIFA or Sega's corporate lawyers said that this could result in legal issues.

I don't get the point. Because results are public. U can show and use the results in every website u create, and I don't see the difference with a videogame.

Edited by VinnieJones

4 minutes ago, Sonikku said:

SI is a commercial business, using these results in a product sold for profit. Availability of information on the Internet is irrelevant.

True, but in that case, why do they still use the real groups ? I'm maybe dumb but I don't see the difference between it.

Hi, FM-ers. 👋

Not too sure if it has been asked. But does FM2018 support refresher rate of higher than 60Hz for both graphic card and monitor..?

Apologies if the matter has been raised. 

Thank you. ✌

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:07, El Payaso said:

miles.thumb.jpg.71dbd83c6a7b17814f3152081a101dd1.jpg

So apparently nothing will change in terms of training. A bit heart broken because of that as this is the area that definitely needs something new to it as it simply is boring and not challenging. 

I'm really undecided whether to buy FM18 or stick with FM17.  I am loathe to stick with FM17 because I keep getting the intermittent bug where the German leagues lose their fixtures but all I have seen in FM18 from these previews is more micro management in areas that I am not really interested in.  Like a lot of the other areas currently in the game I can probably just ignore them without any meaningful impact to the experience (OI's definitely springs to mind!) but I don't really want to spend close to £40 to find that out.

I don't mind training at the moment but I really hope they fix the one issue that I have requested over the last couple of years.  The fact you need a ridiculous amount of coaches.  Taking Spurs as an example in real life you have Poch, his assistant, one "standard" coach, one goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach.  And the fitness coach works mainly with the Assistant Manager who is also a fitness coach.  That's it and that's all that is needed.  In FM you need at least two goalkeeping coaches, usually three if you want an U23 one too, multiple outfield coaches etc.  It's all very unrealistic.

12 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Wait for the demo and you and check it out for free then

I know that's the stock response but it doesn't work out.  There are other areas of the game that desperately require improvement that you can't see from the demo whether they've been fixed.  E.g. regens, sensible player transfers, sensible managerial appointments, whether backroom staff listed as favourites follow the manager from one club to another like in real life etc.

10 minutes ago, GSevensM75 said:

I know that's the stock response but it doesn't work out.  There are other areas of the game that desperately require improvement that you can't see from the demo whether they've been fixed.  E.g. regens, sensible player transfers, sensible managerial appointments, whether backroom staff listed as favourites follow the manager from one club to another like in real life etc.

It's not a stock response. If you dont want to spend any money, its either wait for the demo or wait for a while for feedback.

Not entire sure what you're looking for here tbh. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Well then pick it up cheap if you don't want to wait for the demo.

Or wait for a while for feedback.

Which is what I intend to do (feedback).  Didn't say anything different.

8 minutes ago, DP said:

The coaches issue is a great shout. Easy to fix in the current system too as a quick workaround before the module is overhauled. 

Unfortunately I don't think it is an easy fix.  I've raised the excessive amount of coaches issue a few times over the last three versions and nothing has been done about it.  So it's probably integral to the game until a full revamp.

Guest El Payaso
15 hours ago, GSevensM75 said:

I think that in the future the training system definitely needs to be something more comprehensive and also teams should be able to differ a lot more in terms of training. Lately I've been reading a lot of things like this:

"I enjoyed working with some great coaches at Arsenal, Roma and here, but the goalkeeping school in Italy is very different, it's very technical and pays more attention to the details. It's really made a difference for me because I started playing at a very young age with Arsenal and as you play you gain experience and that's how you grow.

That is a quote from Wojciech Szczesny. http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/juventus-wojciech-szczesny-i-never-improved-at-arsenal-due/ve1a0w8rlar71btetus065bu3

And for example:

‘I was doing some shooting practice with Ed de Goey, and I can promise you I had the best training session of my life! I put a scissor kick in the top bin, and people were amazed. I had some interest from other teams, but that whole experience was such an amazing thing I decided to sign for Chelsea.’

Having one of the greatest strikers in the modern era, Gianluca Vialli, as his player-manager was also hugely beneficial in Forssell’s formative years.

‘I learned massively off him. I was 17 and I didn’t quite have the understanding how to move when we didn’t have the ball. I was great when we did have it around the box, I knew what I would do, but he showed me football is so much about when you don’t have the ball and what you should do to get it.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/10/home-and-away--mikael-forssell.html

Mikael Forssell at Chelsea.

So based on these there are big existing differences on how teams train in real life. In FM you can only pick the team focuses and individual focuses without any variety and making no real difference and certainly not able to decide how to train. One step forward would be having traits also for the coaches and by that you might have a 5-star coach in your club but his methods not working for your players. 

This definitely is an area that needs to change in the future as it is way too straight forward system and both boring and easy to handle and even I have sometimes gone with my assistant deciding the training as I don't see anything interesting in terms of setting the training up.

11 hours ago, potbellypigs said:

If I buy FM now, will I get beta access? Or do I have to wait for the full release date now?

You will get beta access (when it's available) if you order a digital copy from one of the retailers on the list.