Any Love for Serie A

I have noticed there are not alot of posts about Italy, and wondered how people find it, I personally love even though it has flaws, i recognize that financially it's awful and really hard to put a team together to win Champions league and i hate how the best players in the league always get sold abroad weakening your rivals and making league easier for yourself which gets boring and thats a shame

But when i manage in England i never Love the team and there aren't enough talented young English players IMO, Spain i find bland supporter wise and Germany while i really respect it and think it has tonnes going for it, better than the Prem if you are a purist, but it's not as sexy or romantic as Italy, It does feel like life or death there for some clubs and i always get drawn back there buying the same old 16 17 year olds i cant resist

Anyone agree

I took over Fiorentina in Serie B in one of my last saves and enjoyed the challenge. I really liked the fact there was a wage cap of around 5K p/w meaning using youth players and signing young Italians was a must.

I think a lot of people get put off by the non-eu rules, which (despite being very easy to understand if you read it properly) many can't work out.

As I type this it's bringing back lots of good memories of saves in Italy, I might get a save set up to enjoy until FM18. :lol:

Decided to start a save over the weekend unemployed with the idea of getting a job in one of the C leagues - ended up in Serie B with Cesena in the relegation zone. Remember having a Roma save years back where I had a lot of fun with a 5-3-2 WB formation so trying to replicate that here and eventually be promoted or get a job in the Serie A. Definitely recommend the Italian leagues to anybody struggling for a new save.

I am currently enjoying a save with Udinese. 

I'm doing a journeyman save. It began in Luxembourg 3th division and via 2 championships with Wisla Krakow in Poland, I ended up in Udinese. First season I became third and won the cup. Second season I became second and again won the cup.  

The competition is fun because there are a lot of evenly matched teams going for the top places. Juventus is better most of the time but Roma, AC Milan, Napoli, Inter Milan and recently Udinese ;-) also fight for top places. Last year there was just 1 point difference between the first 5 teams 4 games before the end. 

It are actually 12 reserves you can take with you :-), so youngsters get plenty of chances. 

The non-EU rule is explained very clearly so no problems there. 

I am managing Internazionale in my journeyman career.  A little into my first season, after getting over the usual squad building issues and that we were paying a 34 year old striker £130k a week (fortunately his contract expired) I am enjoying it, although after managing in Portugal I've had to dial down the acquisition of South American players somewhat!

On 9/16/2017 at 06:50, steakfaced said:

In the game I love it because don't you get like 11 players on the bench? Can clearly fit in your normal 7, and then grab some youngsters in case the game goes wildly in your favor. Really easy for youth there.

Not if you are like me and get so hyped about the possibility of having 12 players on the bench, that  I end up with two teams filled with players who would be the star player of every other Serie A team. Having both of my right full backs complain about lack of playing time at the same time is a weird situation to be in.

5 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I’ve had mixed experience in Italy lately. I had a shocker of a Juve save on fm14, but a pretty good Samp save on 16...

Must mean I’m due a save in FM18, not sure who with though

Take on the Milan revolution, or maybe try and get Roma to finish above Juve at least once!

Great league if you can get over the disarray of the squads when you first take over. i.e in the EPL I might have a 25 man senior squad, 20 or so in each of u21 & u18s .... I had a very enjoyable Inter save on this FM and seemed to have about 1000 players to manage...

Currently in my 12th season with Milan. It was really tough at the start with Juve dominating all Italian competitions for the first 5 years or so though I did somehow manage to win the Champions League in that time. 

Over the past 6-7 season we've been a lot more successful and Juve and Inter have strong squads too so its staying interesting, The past 2 seasons its gone down to the wire for the Scudetto but we have it pretty much wrapped it up in Feb this season with a 10 point lead.

Inter had massive changes this past summer window selling £200m worth of players (one to City for £110m) and spending  £170m on new quality talent so no doubt they will be back over the next season or two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 12:01, wilkz said:

Best league to play, im palermo just now. Always play Italian league when going for long save. Great regens too 

I love Palermo, Along with Atalanta they have the best group of u21 and u19s in Italy and all local Palermo fans, also noticed you have Mansueto pic he is one i buy wherever i go he's Different class and Lo Faso the left winger is also potential world beater so highly Palermo to anyone, also you have that crazy outspoken chairman. You have enough young quality at the club to challenge yourself to not even buy many players and try to bring them all through and win something with them

Brescia in serie B also have large group of high potential kids but it's hard to gage just how good they are because there being compared to serie B quality

I'm playing as AC Milan, I have my front three all as Wonderkids..my backup striker is a wonderkid (ok i poached him from my previous club) Real Madrid just offered 34 mill for one of my wonderkids..Go away Real!

Archived