Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mike.83 said:

Most likely me being a fool, but how do I give a certain scout a certain job.  Say I want John Scouter to scout the spanish U21 league, how do I do it?  

Did you sign John Scouter? He wouldn't come to me on mine. :(

Is it in the assignments area. Think you have to set it as a long term search.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it a known issue that when you hover over the little button next to a player's name, the info card pop up now has all the attributes etc missing? 

Are you running any custom graphics/logos etc? Either way probably best to raise this in the UI bugs forum. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Are you running any custom graphics/logos etc? Either way probably best to raise this in the UI bugs forum. Thanks. 

Na, I don't use any custom graphics on a beta release, never have done. Surely someone has noticed this by now? 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it a known issue that when you hover over the little button next to a player's name, the info card pop up now has all the attributes etc missing? 

I've had this before and clearing the cache (in preferences) solved it.

• Administrators

Na, I don't use any custom graphics on a beta release, never have done. Surely someone has noticed this by now? 

If you raise it on the UI forums, the UI team can check and say whether it's a known issue or not. Thanks. 

I havn't got the beta, but watched 4 or 5 hours of streaming last night so i am only commenting on the look of the game and not playability.

Most of the stadiums look better but the surrounding area although looked improved with more detail was very blured, felt like I had the wrong glasses on.  At times it seemed very hard to follow the ball and I don't like how the players names in the match are displayed difficult to read, I prefered the plain white names.  I am dissapointed with the loss of some camera angles although I believe this can be compensated for by adjusting the height and zoom, am also concerned by peoples comments on the 2D view, although I only use 2D for post match analysis I liked the traditional 2D classic for this.

At the moment it looks most likely that I will carry on with FM16 and wait at least another 12 months to upgrade, but i will try the demo when realeased before making a final decision.  It is a new graphics engine and it is always going to be difficult to get everything right first time, and I think it may be a few realeases in the future when we see the full benefit

1 minute ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

II don't like how the players names in the match are displayed difficult to read, I prefered the plain white names. 

That's how it was last year as well, but there was an option in the preferences to change it back to the white names. Something they've removed this year. Another annoying omission from the game. They seem to have added lots of good stuff but taken away a lot of the little customisable things from previous editions. 

For me its really difficult to handle the new menues. Find more or less nothing then i read here, that this or this is not longer in the menues, we have now ...

So why there is no mannual to read this and not searching it somewhere here in the forum?

Question: Scouting meeting: Why there is no list, why i have to discard, acknowlewdge etc... why i have to go in the scouting section to found a list, where every time my added rows as ability, potential, knowledge level are disappeared? In this way i havent a good overview.

At this stage there is no flow for me in handling the menues

Thats the FM with the biggest changes in menuehandling ever for me. And i need more information to handle it!

Edited by Conardo

13 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's how it was last year as well, but there was an option in the preferences to change it back to the white names. Something they've removed this year. Another annoying omission from the game. They seem to have added lots of good stuff but taken away a lot of the little customisable things from previous editions. 

We're still doing a little bit of work on this, the option will be back in time for release.

First impressions based on a couple of hours - I haven't explored everything yet...

Like the improved stadia, and I really like the new midfield roles. I haven't tried them out yet, but I've been banging the drum for these kinds of roles for a while now.

Match engine looks to be a step in the right direction, notwithstanding that this is a beta. Positive points are an increase in one-touch passing, and more sensible/realistic passing out from the back. Like the new animations as well.

I don't really play this game for the graphics, but the social media screen (which I rarely read anyway) looks quite odd, the way it's pushed into maybe 60% of the screen. Not sure this was broken in FM17, so it probably didn't need changing.

Matchday screen... it may well be me not pressing the right buttons. Can I tell it to remain on the pitch screen in between highlights? I like to keep an eye on my stats widget and the opposition formation. I'd also like to be able to see more than 6-7 teams in the live league table box. Focus of attacks screen is a nice addition though.

Not sure about the team briefing screen. Feels like duplication of the tactics screen, and it's perhaps shoehorned in to force player interaction. I can hand it over to my assistant though, so not a huge deal.

Like the risk assessment in the medical centre - very nice addition, that. Let's me know when to rest players.

Haven't really explored the scouting screen yet, but it looks better than previous at first glance.

I'll reserve judgement on the player hierarchy system for now because I want to see how it develops over the course of a season or so. Good that it may highlight troublemakers or people who aren't settling in. But pandering to players isn't really a part of the game I wanted to see expanded upon. Let's see how it goes though.

Finally, are post-match milestones hidden away anywhere? I can't find them and I'm the sort of person that wants to know when someone has just played their 100th game for the club!

18 minutes ago, Hansaplast said:

I must be missing something: how can I view the actual player condition while the match is progressing?

In FM17 I could customise the panels but somehow this feature is missing in the beta :eek:

The team player ratings widget shows player condition.

Asked yesterday but didn't get any answer. Is there any way to remove the flashing ads from 2d? Seeing them all flashing and drastically change colour simultaneously is incredibly distracting. Also, what's up with the ball in 2d? Seems to spin constantly for no reason

3 hours ago, mark davis said:

The Awful

Horrendous pitch colour ....florescent eye numbing GREEN

Comprehensive highlights run like key

Update:

Stadiums have no sense of realism

Thanks for your feedback.

We're still adjusting the lighting for the pitches and these are already improved internally.

Please log any issues regarding Highlights over in the bugs forum.

Regarding stadiums, we do not have the license to make stadiums appear like they do in real life. What we have is a broad set of assets that we have to generically distribute across all of the teams, which is the same as previous versions except we had less variety in the style and designs.

In the future, we will likely expand on the new set that has been created for further variation.

Just now, Neil Dejyothin said:

Regarding stadiums, we do not have the license to make stadiums appear like they do in real life. What we have is a broad set of assets that we have to generically distribute across all of the teams, which is the same as previous versions except we had less variety in the style and designs.

Lower league grounds are ridiculous this year. I can't believe you haven't got a simple template for a one-tiered stand to run down both sides of the pitch. Previous FM's had much more appropriate designs for lower league stadia and some of them resembled the actual grounds - Much better than they do now. 

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, luka_ said:

I might be stupid, but I can not get a grip on scouting. I can't find where can I filter players like "midfielder-right side-value 5-15mil-right foot" like it was on fm17. Here I can only say "Defenders/midfielders/attackers"?? How do I choose only DM's or AM's or wingers?

What is this "general" and "short term" options where you choose players under "intelligent/physical/etc.." with "peak/young/etc.." ? What is that, how does that work?

I took control over Arsenal and apparently they only have scouting package of England?? So then I bought the "entire world" package, because why not but I can't really see the difference. I feel dumb.

And how do the packages work anyway? Because I had England package only but then in my inbox I was recieving players from all over the world. ( I suppose it's my chief scout sending me those).

Do I need to remove him from responsibility for scouting in oreder for me to be able to filter players like in FM17 or what?

On the Player Search page there is now a New Search or Edit Search option in the top right hand corner. From there you can filter the players how you have described above. 

General and Short Term focuses are available to the user when they do not have the Scouting Responsibility to themselves. This is designed to enable the user to still have some control of the type of players the clubs scouts will be  looking for. The General Focus will give the scouting team a basic outline of what type of players the user is interested in without specifying a position. So the user could be looking for physical players, in their peak years. The user will then be able to select if these players fall within or out of the clubs budget constraints by selecting the options in the Availability drop down. 

Short Term Focus is especially handy when you are in urgent need of a player. For example, two weeks left of the transfer window and both your LB's are out for the season. The Short Term Focus will allow the user to ask his scouts to specifically look for a LB and can also specify roles, age range, CA/PA range and duration up to 1 month. Once the short term focus has been created all scouts will be put on to that assignment in order to find the type of player the user is after as quickly as possible. The user is able to create multiple short term focuses at the same time which would be spread out evenly amongst the scouting team. 

The players displayed on the player search will now increase/decrease depending on the packages the user has and will also be influenced by the players known to the club staff. The Scouting Package will increase the number of players the user can see within the player search. Will also increase knowledge levels of players who fall within that scouting package. Purchasing the European scouting package for example will display more players that are based in Europe.

If you do not have the Scouting Responsibility you can still filter players via New Search or Edit Search button in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you want to create your own scouting assignments then you will need to give the responsibility to yourself. 

Cheers,

Ben

8 minutes ago, dafuge said:

The team player ratings widget shows player condition.

Do you mean the widget in the "Match Information" view?

On this widget I see "PKD,Status, Name, Rat, Gls and Body Language" but no condition.

And there isn't a dropdown like in FM17 where I could chose additional parameters.

Btw I'm playing on a MacBook Pro Retina.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Conardo said:

So why there is no mannual to read this and not searching it somewhere here in the forum?

The manual will be available for the launch of the full game, as it always is. It's never been released in conjunction with the pre-release beta.

7 minutes ago, Hansaplast said:

Do you mean the widget in the "Match Information" view?

On this widget I see "PKD,Status, Name, Rat, Gls and Body Language" but no condition.

And there isn't a dropdown like in FM17 where I could chose additional parameters.

Btw I'm playing on a MacBook Pro Retina.

It's just called 'Player Ratings', it can be found at the bottom of the list where you have the various options for the two teams.

Most of the game is fine, and a lot of the new features really enhance it, but for the first time since about FM08/09, the part of the game I'm now looking forward to the least is matchday. The 3D engine looks to have taken several steps back, the 2D camera is awful, you can hardly see the ball in many of the angles, the animation is way off in some places, they've taken away many of my favourite camera angles, there's no low-down behind the goal view for replays anymore, the stadium designs for lower league clubs is horrendous which ruins any immersion, and you can no longer access the main tactics screen when doing more indepth changes during a game, it's now either the quick sub option, or this horizontal pitch option.  Disappointing doesn't even cut it. :(

The best improvement for me is ME. Deffending is better, passing looks much more realistic than before. Since I usually manage Barcelona - it really matters. No more stupid long-range passes when the team is instructed to play short-passing possession game. Defenders and GK are trying to pass short to each other even if they are closed down by opposition and it much closer to their game IRL (in older versions they just played long ball or kicked the ball out of play). Much more one-touch passes. Great job! I hope they won't spoil it in the release.

New graphics engine also looks great and promissing. Of course it's not FIFA or PES but it shouldn't be. It's just enough for a manager game.

A bit disappointed that scout reports don't appear in Inbox section and to see list of pros and cons you need to go to player's profile and look a detailed report. That is a step down and I hope they still have time to bring it back in the release version 'cause it seems everybody is disappointed by that.

Nothing really new in Tactics section, but overall it's a bit better than before. Showing how well certain players bind with each other is a huge step forward (if it really matters in terms of match performance). In previous versions you could use defferent selection in every next match and, if all players were familiar with the chosen tactic, it worked well. And now it's much more realistic. Still no new major tactics instructions - that's disappoints.

But my main concern are injuries, As I saw in one of the loading hints there will be 2.5 injuries per player and around 70 for a team in total in a season...:eek: Isn't it too much?:eek:  I played the first friendly against B Team and got Iniesta and Messi injured... Iniesta - broken leg, out for 5 months, and Messi - nothing serious... That's a huge disappointment, I can't imagine B Team playing against Senior squad in such a hursh way IRL...:eek: Of course B players want to make it into the first team but not at the cost of breaking a leg of the team captain.

Most of the game is fine, and a lot of the new features really enhance it, but for the first time since about FM08/09, the part of the game I'm now looking forward to the least is matchday. The 3D engine looks to have taken several steps back, the 2D camera is awful, you can hardly see the ball in many of the angles, the animation is way off in some places, they've taken away many of my favourite camera angles, there's no low-down behind the goal view for replays anymore, the stadium designs for lower league clubs is horrendous which ruins any immersion, and you can no longer access the main tactics screen when doing more indepth changes during a game, it's now either the quick sub option, or this horizontal pitch option.  Disappointing doesn't even cut it. :(

Going with you on that, after playing a match I went to FM16 and the 3D graphics are a lot smoother, including player movement.

The ball is horrible this year (again contrasting with FM16 and 17), player positions in set pieces were bugged and stayed bugged.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

re: the tactics pitch problem... there is a button to switch between 'pitch' and 'list'. I think the list option should give you the screen you want, if I've understood the problem properly.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

they've taken away many of my favourite camera angles, there's no low-down behind the goal view for replays anymore,

You can adjust zoom and height of the cameras to get the angles you like.

Like others, mixed feelings so far. Game looks slower to process, specially on match day, but that can be related to the laptop I use. Scouting looks promising, but I have to explore it more. The ME, I don't see many people complain, for me it's the worst thing so far. Later I will provide my save game in the bugs forum, because sometimes I have this happening. Opposition is attacking, I have my four defenders, defensive mildfielder and Box to box in a line at the top of the Box, and I had my advanced playmaker, wingers and striker on a perfect line at the mildfield line. So the opposition had four players passing the ball alone on my mildfield.. I had literally no one of my team between the lines of mildfield and the box.  I have fluid shape and close down more, so this must be some kind of bug.

2 minutes ago, Exius said:

But my main concern are injuries, As I saw in one of the loading hints there will be 2.5 injuries per player and around 70 for a team in total in a season...:eek: Isn't it too much?:eek:  I played the first friendly against B Team and got Iniesta and Messi injured... Iniesta - broken leg, out for 5 months, and Messi - nothing serious... That's a huge disappointment, I can't imagine B Team playing against Senior squad in such a hursh way IRL...:eek: Of course B players want to make it into the first team but not at the cost of breaking a leg of the team captain.

Larsson broke his leg without even being fouled, so this line of argument won't get you very far.

12 hours ago, Jack Deal said:

Split screen as it was is no longer an option, however you can "dock" widgets and pin them, which creates the same effect. When dragging a match widget, there are icons at the top/bottom/left/right, if you drag onto those you create a dock. Click the pin icon and you have a split view between the pitch and your widgets, so you can have the view split from any angle and have any widgets you'd like in it. It can be widened if you choose to.

Thanks, it wasn't clear without an explanation!

But I can pin only one set of widgets, is it intended or a bug? It would be much more handy to pin two sets of panels (e.g. left and bottom - match and team stats respectively, or left and right - home team form and performance and away team respectively).

Just now, ajsr1982 said:

re: the tactics pitch problem... there is a button to switch between 'pitch' and 'list'. I think the list option should give you the screen you want, if I've understood the problem properly.

Na, it just takes you to the player list. In previous versions, you had the option of a quick sub, or if you wanted a more indepth change there was a link back to the main tactics screen. Now it seems to be quick sub or the horizintal view/list view. For example, with the new analysis stuff on the tactics screen, I want to know if changes in player position I make during a game are leaving any areas exposed, The horizontal pitch view doesn't show this. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

This happens on mine also ..    running FM-Touch 

hover over the little button next to a player's name, the info card pop up now has all the attributes etc missing?  

Edited by mr_adams

• Administrators
1 minute ago, mr_adams said:

This happens on mine also ..    running FM-Touch 

hover over the little button next to a player's name, the info card pop up now has all the attributes etc missing?  

Yeah please raise it on the bugs forum. Many thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Larsson broke his leg without even being fouled, so this line of argument won't get you very far.

As well as Neuer... But still this is not a tandency or a rule... 2.5 injuries per player is way too much.

14 minutes ago, dafuge said:

It's just called 'Player Ratings', it can be found at the bottom of the list where you have the various options for the two teams.

Thanks...I've found it but it is only displayed while highlights are shown.

On the fullscreen "Match Information" screen between highlights there is no condition information.

2 minutes ago, Exius said:

As well as Neuer... But still this is not a tandency or a rule... 2.5 injuries per player is way too much.

See how it goes, I guess. Not every injury will keep a player out of a game.