Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

2 hours ago, 71834 said:

Anyone here with experience in skinning? If so, do you think you'll be able to get rid of the flashing ads in 2d? It's ruined the game for me, I've never had to deal with ads and especially such intrusive ones in any other game

Anyone? Alternatively any info on refunds would be great

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Whoarethey? said:

but like "its your tactics," "its your pc."

sadly not, as stated previously I am experiencing slow response both on a system just on the min spec and one way way above probably 95% of users

Then would hazard a guess that it would be optimization that is required for the release. Or minimum specs meaning the game runs at the slowest it possibly can and anyone below minimum, would mean they cannot run it.

1 minute ago, liamstack151 said:

Then would hazard a guess that it would be optimization that is required for the release. Or minimum specs meaning the game runs at the slowest it possibly can and anyone below minimum, would mean they cannot run it.

think so

as an aside both run fm17 fine even the one right on the min spec. 

6 hours ago, chumpmanager said:

Been playing since CM93 and every year it takes time to get used to new features and layouts. Much i love about this year's version so far. However, this year there are a few things that are not quite on point... 

- 2D - If the traditional one is gone, why do we need so much real estate dedicated to a roof on 2D classic? And those flashing advertising boards are an eyesore.
- CAPS
- Team Talks - the unnecessary clicking is making match day a laborious process.
- Scouting - surely there should be an  option to get certain reports direct into your inbox rather than the 'scouting meeting' - what manager would wait for a meeting to find out about a player
- Contract/Transfer negotiation - why do the wages/transfer fees etc seem almost greyed out?
- Matchday - The in-match tactics view when making a substitution or tactical change is clunky and lacks the detail you need to help you make the right decisions. The 'tactics' screen is yet another click away...

Some of the new features have definitely taken the game forward, IF SI iron out some of the other issues this will be a massive leap forward from FM17.

This post is pretty much exactly how I feel about the game too. Is it known yet if there's an option to get scout reports direct to the inbox like literally every other year?

1 minute ago, MShing said:

I don't like the grey colour font for some of the text. Especially when offering contracts, bids etc. The fees and wage numbers are grey which at first glance looks like they're greyed out cannot be changed. Would much prefer them to be white like the rest of the text

Also would love it if when clicking the transfer players list scrolled the list would scroll down instead of remain still and you skip out loads of players. The page needs to scroll as you move it

Also have noticed that you cant hold the mouse button when upping or lowering a bid, have to click it loads instead to do the same thing. Small and teeny tiny issue, but certainly noticed it.

26 minutes ago, Whoarethey? said:

think so

as an aside both run fm17 fine even the one right on the min spec. 

FM 17:

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10 (1607) – 64-bit or 32-bit
    • Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core or AMD Athlon – 2.2 GHz +
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 – 256MB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 3 GB available spac

FM18:

• OS: Windows Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (1703/Creators Update) - 64-bit or 32-bit
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
  • Storage: 7 GB available space

Graphics card requirements have gone up this year from what I can see. Guessing that will be the cause for most peoples gripes and issues (aside from it being a beta), could be first version of now many that wont work with without one at all, to be expected though in this day and age now, soon will probably be far more important than a processor and most likely make them redundant as hardware.

If I run a game in minimum specs (any game) I expect to play it, but all be it very barely. Perhaps recommended specs should be on the Steam store page as well, or game publishers provide a 3 tiered level of spec requirements getting rid of minimum altogether as often minimum now doesn't mean this game will run fine. Combine that with numerous other PC issues that contribute to whether a game runs smoothly or not, its a nightmare to develop for I'm sure as users have so many variables on their systems as to why a game may or may not be running!!!

Edited by liamstack151

4 minutes ago, liamstack151 said:

FM 17:

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10 (1607) – 64-bit or 32-bit
    • Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 – 256MB VRAM
  • Storage: 3 GB available spac

FM18:

• OS: Windows Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (1703/Creators Update) - 64-bit or 32-bit
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
  • Storage: 7 GB available space

Graphics card requirements have gone up this year from what I can see. Guessing that will be the cause for most peoples gripes and issues (aside from it being a beta), could be first version of now many that wont work with without one at all, to be expected though in this day and age now, soon will probably be far more important than a processor and most likely make them redundant as hardware.

I Can run PES, FIFA, Call of Duty, but no FM18. Thats seems bizarre to me 

4 minutes ago, thiagoanjo said:

I Can run PES, FIFA, Call of Duty, but no FM18. Thats seems bizarre to me 

Then suggest bug forum? As is surely again either optimization (beta) or as I added above PC's can be damn funny machines with compatibility on certain games, even when working on ones that "look" better doesn't always mean that the lesser looking game is no less hardware hungry, sometimes more.

My old laptop years ago could run decent games for the time but always struggled with the 3d engine in FM15! 

Edited by liamstack151

1 minute ago, liamstack151 said:

What are your specs if you don't mind my intrusive question?

I had problems with 17, but I could play with elevated cam just fine (other cameras crash when showing the crowd, if the stadium was with few people, was fine).

Now I just can play with Vertical.

i7 1.5ghz - 8gb ram - geforce 230m 1gb

Have to echo the other comments on the UI. A lot of things seem to require more faffing about / clicks to get the same job done.

Example - Searching for new staff.

Previously you just went to staff search clicked filters and away you go. now filters only has a realistic appointment toggle and you have to click new search and go through the process of setting the search parameters (much like when you set a scout a specific scouting criteria in 17). It also feels a little sluggish which it shouldn't on my system ( i7 7700k , 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4).

Otoh I like the new tactics screen and love the extra feedback given to try to help us know where the tactics are goign wrong.

Hard to say. 

5 minutes ago, thiagoanjo said:

I had problems with 17, but I could play with elevated cam just fine (other cameras crash when showing the crowd, if the stadium was with few people, was fine).

Now I just can play with Vertical.

i7 1.5ghz - 8gb ram - geforce 230m 1gb

Hard to say with your spec. If its the interface, then certainly optimization needs to improve and not your sepc. If the match, then my bet is the GPU is now getting a little old for FM, 2D fine most likely but 3D may be hard unless they (as I boringly keep saying) optimise it more for a better frame rate performance (most games do eventually!). Its a laptop GPU, so not much opportunity to upgrade though. My old laptop I refferred to earlier had a GEForce GT 650m (higher version than 230m) and that struggled in Fm15. Might be a 2D year unless it does indeed get better? 

51 minutes ago, liamstack151 said:

Also have noticed that you cant hold the mouse button when upping or lowering a bid, have to click it loads instead to do the same thing. Small and teeny tiny issue, but certainly noticed it.

Yes I noticed that too. Quite annoying

9 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

If you take the time to add examples in the bugs forum, it might get prioritised and fixed :brock:

A bug by definition, is a unintended deviation from the design. Goalkeeper behaviour and their resultant errors have been present for over a decade of our lives.

In my opinion it is an accepted part of the overall match engine dynamic, otherwise they would have sorted it. All they need to do is play a single match and witness it for themselves. They don't need me to raise it. 

2 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

m2n0mwye52mi.jpg

How can i change this? there is some way to make the "Fixtures & Resultes" to be permanent ?

I can't get my head around the fact that experienced UI designers thought it a step forward to hide the (most basic) information we seek / need behind a completely unnecessary click wall. 

Some early thoughts from me, playing on a MacBook Pro:

• Three finger swipe from FM18 to desktop finder doesn’t seem to be working? :thdn:

• Game launched up really fast, much quicker than FM17. :thup:

• Still not convinced by the 3D modelling when creating a manager, would prefer to upload a photo of my face (looks like I’ve been bladdering the sunbeds with goggles on :D) :thdn:

28lukpu.png

• “Confirming” from the preferences screen, back to the game, seems to take a while. :thdn:

• Seems like less camera angle options, is this intentional or because its a Beta?

• I like the top banner of the skin, the way it fades as a gradient is a nice touch. Dark skin is also nice and the CAP letter font is a nice, clearer touch. :thup:

• Are these icons supposed to come outside of the box like below? Looks a bit odd IMO:

2ngv4vb.png

• Love the new dynamics pages plus the scouting pages are 100% better! :) :thup:

• Perisic joining Man City for £30m, straight off the bat, seems odd since Inter would never accept this fee this Summer (happened in both test saves I started). :thdn:

• The pitches appear really bright green, I think they need toning down. 

• The stairwells inside the stadiums seem oversized.

• The match day experience seems to lag a little, like a delayed clicking.

• There’s an interface issue on this screen below, the substitutes are missing for the home team. Also I don’t really like the boxes the names are contained within, seems a pointless, limiting addition:

4rxo4i.png

• Is there anyway to turn off the pre-match cut scenes? My MacBook doesn’t process them very well, and its very sluggish.

• I think the ball could do with being whiter, its quite difficult to see. Similar with the goal posts and netting.

• Why are the advertising boards as high as people? And what is the black boarding all the way around the pitch?

259vg60.png

• Saving seems quicker than FM17. :thup:

23 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Side note , can anyone remember how to stop the game landing on the social feed ( ie always got o inbox rather than social) I can't remember how I did it in 17 and it's driving me nuts.

Cant figure that out either. Cant see a way in preferences, so might be the way it is. 

21 minutes ago, Armistice said:

For me the game works way slower than FM17 and FM17 wasn't extremely fast either.

Runs at a good speed here. FM17 is faster, as its like lightening now in terms of processing and match engine (after all patches) and with FM18 being the newer version was expecting it to be slightly more intensive on my hardware, but runs well so far to be honest. But given the amount of frustration being shared on here and on steam they will need get some work done before release, think though given the backlash and the frustration voting on Steam (IN A BETA!!!??!!!) I can almost see an early release BETA becoming a thing of the past which would be a shame as its meant to be so we can give constructive feedback to improve a game we clearly all love. Not to bash SI to death during a beta, give feedback like yours here (kind of) as it would help though with such feedback to provide specs and anything else useful to SI (I'm guessing) to understand what might be causing it to be slow etc etc etc.

My thoughts anyway......guessing no developer deserves any form of user loyalty for making games we love anymore?? Yes we pay for it, but its not for free to develop, but the comments on Steam in the review section are bordering on just unreasonable as it is AGAIN a Beta you are reviewing, stamp, stamp, stamp your feet, squidge your yorkshire pud in disgust or post in the bugs forum to help the game be better people!

The main thing SI can do wrong is to completely ignore the feedback when it is constructive. 

Edited by liamstack151

Just realised that the pre match briefing, when you're speaking to indivudual players, all your doing is adding or subtracting individual instructions. I thought it was reinforcing  it in some way, or making them focus even more than usual on it. Just another example of using a long winded way to make it look like something new is happening.

Full briefing thing is a waste of time, team barely react to anything

1 hour ago, liamstack151 said:

Hard to say. 

Hard to say with your spec. If its the interface, then certainly optimization needs to improve and not your sepc. If the match, then my bet is the GPU is now getting a little old for FM, 2D fine most likely but 3D may be hard unless they (as I boringly keep saying) optimise it more for a better frame rate performance (most games do eventually!). Its a laptop GPU, so not much opportunity to upgrade though. My old laptop I refferred to earlier had a GEForce GT 650m (higher version than 230m) and that struggled in Fm15. Might be a 2D year unless it does indeed get better? 

Yeah, I understand, with medium graphics. But Low graphics should work fine, how always was here. If SI put back Elevated Cam, I will play the 18 fine

7 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Hi guys 1 question this option have been removed in fm 2018??

real.png

it's still there , in fact it's been improved because you can filter by just how interested they actually are.

it's 2 tick boxes on the player search screen and there are cogs beside they to change the interest level.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

Just now, Matty114 said:

Scouting > Players  and it is the Interested in tick boxes near the quick search button.

Really thanks mate and someting else if i dont bother you any chance you find this option too for national team??

fm 2017.png

2d needs some massive improvement, it is now so poor to play this game in 2d. its as if the only way is 3d now.

Game overall feels very slow, and i got a decent spec laptop that can handle any demanding game. but fm18 doesnt feel smooth but this could be me

ive had so many injuries pre season...

match engine i feel is poor atm. not enough ccs, corners need to be looked at... i think fowards movement and through balls could do some improvement... feels like it so easy to defend in this game... and counter...

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Can you just have the name above the players on the pitch and remove the circles?

17thl4.png

circles + box = sux. 
Solution = Name + energy bar under

abandon this circle of energy, it is not intuitive and it is horrible

Don't have many complaints about the game so far but the bits i don't like i really don't like.

No issues with the match engine so far but early days, played about 20 games.

Have always played split screen so not to be able to find that as an option is just baffling.

Having exclusively played split screen for the past however many years I'm now struggling to find out how to see my clear cut & half cut chances during the game. Any tips greatly appreciated, I can get it to show while a highlight is playing but nothing when its not.

One thing I have noticed is that players are disinterested before every team talk. All 3 aspects of dynamics are better than average but players are just disinterested despite the overall positives.

2 hours ago, Carmi88 said:

latest updates seems a bit slow updating my games scoreline compared to all the other ongoing matches, anyone else?

Same for me. League tables during games are very slow to update when goals are scored in my game

New GK training category (distribution) is ok but it now takes at least three different GK coaches to get the ideal training stars/light workload combination which is quite unrealistic imho as even top teams tend to have just one GK coach irl.