Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

I tried creating a 64 team world cup. I added "Avoid Teams From Same Continent Except Europe" and "Max Number of Teams per Continent" set to 1 for every continent except Europe which has 2. Yet every time I test it it never follows these rules. What am I doing wrong?

sdcv.png

hgb.PNG

Edited by simanon

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, simanon said:

I tried creating a 64 team world cup. I added "Avoid Teams From Same Continent Except Europe" and "Max Number of Teams per Continent" set to 1 for every continent except Europe which has 2. Yet every time I test it it never follows these rules. What am I doing wrong?

Draws are fiddly and very difficult to get working how you want them to.

But for starters, how did you assign seedings? And how many teams have you got from each continent? I mean, it might not even be possible to meet those settings depending on how the seedings turn out.

21 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Draws are fiddly and very difficult to get working how you want them to.

But for starters, how did you assign seedings? And how many teams have you got from each continent? I mean, it might not even be possible to meet those settings depending on how the seedings turn out.

I assigned the host team seed 0 (this is 2022 so it's Qatar), highest 15 ranked teams 1, next 16 highest 2, next 16 3, and the next 16 4. I think I followed one of your examples.

There are a maximum of 24 European teams and 13 for Africa, Asia, NA, 10 for SA, and 2 for Oceania. I haven't personally tried to do a draw but it the parameters didn't work wouldn't the test just crash?

15 minutes ago, simanon said:

I assigned the host team seed 0 (this is 2022 so it's Qatar), highest 15 ranked teams 1, next 16 highest 2, next 16 3, and the next 16 4. I think I followed one of your examples.

There are a maximum of 24 European teams and 13 for Africa, Asia, NA, 10 for SA, and 2 for Oceania. I haven't personally tried to do a draw but it the parameters didn't work wouldn't the test just crash?

If the parameters don't work out it'll just ignore some of them. Not sure if that setup could have any issues, the maths to work out if there could be a conflict is beyond me :D

You could try re-arranging the order of your rules, it could be that's it's doing them top to bottom, so it's just assigning teams to groups based on seedings before it gets to the continent limits. Try putting them at the top of the list and see if it makes a difference. Possibly a long shot though.

Oh and testing in the editor itself is significantly faster than testing in game. So you could try that for seeing if it works instead. You can test multiple years worth of WCs quicker too to make sure it isn't a 1 off coincidence if it does work out correctly as well.

17 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

If the parameters don't work out it'll just ignore some of them. Not sure if that setup could have any issues, the maths to work out if there could be a conflict is beyond me :D

You could try re-arranging the order of your rules, it could be that's it's doing them top to bottom, so it's just assigning teams to groups based on seedings before it gets to the continent limits. Try putting them at the top of the list and see if it makes a difference. Possibly a long shot though.

Oh and testing in the editor itself is significantly faster than testing in game. So you could try that for seeing if it works instead. You can test multiple years worth of WCs quicker too to make sure it isn't a 1 off coincidence if it does work out correctly as well.

Lol I wasn't testing in game I just got over zealous thinking that it wasn't gonna mess up this time

I've already got a sketch work for fixing it so it can't trip up.

I wonder if "use seeding value for position in group" is confusing it too, especially with 0 and 1 both being top seeds. It should arrange them that way naturally, at least with the flag "don't randomize team order for scheduling" in "league settings"/"schedule" somewhere

What does the national/world reputation score of a derby influence? Does it enhance the reputation of the club (or even players/managers) if a they win?

On 07/02/2023 at 11:31, CurnRaisin said:

Coming back to the FM editor for the first time in a long long time, and sorry if this is an obvious one but I'm working a custom league, how do I get teams to stop selling players so cheaply?

Have you checked the transfer values under the nation of your league?

Edited by Supermercado99

I wanna make a league structure from
(2022) tier 1= 16 / tier 2 = 17 / tier 3 = 12 / tier 4 = 16 / tier 5 = 33 (total 94)

to

(2023) tier 1= 16 / tier 2 = 16 / tier 3 = 14 / tier 4 = 15 / tier 5 = 34 (total 95)
2023 will be the same onwards.

How can I make sure using advanced rules to legues adjust themselves. I know that I need to make a rule file each every legue structure, but how to set this up?

Edited by Zets89

4 minutes ago, Zets89 said:

I wanna make a league structure from
(2022) tier 1= 16 / tier 2 = 17 / tier 3 = 12 / tier 4 = 16 / tier 5 = 33 (total 94)

to

(2023) tier 1= 16 / tier 2 = 16 / tier 3 = 14 / tier 4 = 15 / tier 5 = 34
2023 will be the same onwards.

How can I make sure using advanced rules to legues adjust themselves. I know that I need to make a rule file each every legue structure, but how to set this up?

2023 have 95 teams

14 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Have you checked the transfer values under the nation of your league?

I did and I did up them a bit but since it is based on reputation I wasn't sure if that is what I needed to change.  What I do want is for teams to stop selling their best under 23 players for pittances to teams in larger nations. While I don't want players 23+ who are maybe at their peak and while maybe decent for my league are not cut out for the top divisions not being sold/transferred or being sold for much too high within the nation. For example, player A is 17 getting first team football and has a reputation of 120, I would like to be sold for a much higher price than say player B who is 27 at their peak CA and has a rep of 120.

I will play about with it and sim for some years on holiday and compare but I don't really want to cripple the within nation transfers between teams as they will have less money than bigger continental teams, but I also don't want to see all the best prospects being sold off out of the nation for so cheap. I also don't particularly want the value on the players matching something like the premier league. I only really want to affect the out of nation transfers of younger player.

Edited by CurnRaisin

19 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think you could go into those other countries (England, Italy, Spain etc) and change their own nation transfer preferences to limit those of a certain age range from your nation

This might be an idea, I'll have a play around and see, but Ideally I would still like young players to be sold, just for a reasonable value.

2 hours ago, zeus77 said:

Hey there.
I added a 2 foreign players limit in a max of 27 squad players, i can register the team as i want, but the AI teams only register a few, what seems to be the problem?
Algeria v1.1.fmf

I expect it's a transfer windows issue. Have a look at what you've got setup for them.

Looks like your season starts in Aug or Sept? So the summer transfer window needs to be listed first, with the winter window below it. The winter window should also be set to the next year (summer will likely be 2000, so winter should be set to 2001). IIRC the editor makes them both 2000 by default, so the game thinks the winter transfer window is the first one and won't let AI teams properly register players until the winter window.

That should fix it.

8 hours ago, zeus77 said:

so, like this? image.png.94bf3d380509d96ae1015a74f96ff1bb.png

Seems that didnt fixed it...

Had a look at your file and since you're still on basic rules the 2022/2023 dates you had should be fine. Not sure what else to suggest. Not really familiar with basic rules, sorry.

If you're willing to switch over to advanced rules I'd say make sure the "Use For Squad Selection Window" box (shown below) is ticked for both of your transfer windows:

20230213104030_1.thumb.jpg.12ed79039b191e1edb8ea017c963ea4c.jpg

There's nothing else that really stands out though.

Trying to redo my custom African nation and finding problems that weren't previously there.

After the last update of FM22 I'd get this message when verifying:

image.png.99593440915f9a83da946f33f9da99dd.png

Which was fine, because you'd just have to take FIFA membership off another African country and it would verify ok.

Now when I do that I get this:

image.png.3e6a2766780ecaa4e9c954e07c86bd2c.png

And if I take Sao Tome entirely out of Africa it give me this message, faulting when the pre-determined teams aren't available to play in the Continental Comps. But if I can't replace them, I can't add a spot for my custom nation.

image.png.d3d9e0db1a12d668b49f59f2a9b035bf.png

So I put Sao Tome back in and tried removing Eritrea from Africa and got a different error message, who knows why a second team has gone with them but now I'm wondering if African Nations Cup teams are pre-set as well so it can't find either the removed country or my custom country.  

image.png.b7e3adef504aef0b1a66c61dbad1e68e.png

Does anyone know how to get a custom team back into Africa without doing custom continental competitions? I've seen other files where European teams work in FM23 so I know it can be done. Otherwise I'm considering teleporting the country to Oceania with a custom Oceania Champions League for something different. I haven't tested by loading a game yet, but sending the country to Oceania confederation verifies without an error.

P.S - I see that when you load the editor data file it now shows the name of the defunct country that's been overwritten instead of the custom country name - after that the country name displays fine everywhere.

Edited by Supermercado99

3 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

I've seen other files where European teams work in FM23 so I know it can be done.

P.S - I see that when you load the editor data file it now shows the name of the defunct country that's been overwritten instead of the custom country name - after that the country name displays fine everywhere.

It being done in Europe doesn't necessarily mean it can be done in Africa. Some continents are better at adjusting for extra nations than others. Plus even the simplest way to do it in Europe requires editing the Nations League and often moving a country to Asia. Personally I'd say just edit the competitions required. Set up a new version of the AFCON Quals with 55 teams etc.

As for your PS, yeah that's an error in the editor that's been around since launch. Names go back to what they originally were, but as long as the database change is still registered it'll only be a visual error and will show up correctly in game.

9 horas atrás, rusty217 disse:

Had a look at your file and since you're still on basic rules the 2022/2023 dates you had should be fine. Not sure what else to suggest. Not really familiar with basic rules, sorry.

If you're willing to switch over to advanced rules I'd say make sure the "Use For Squad Selection Window" box (shown below) is ticked for both of your transfer windows

i'll test it, thanks for your time

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It being done in Europe doesn't necessarily mean it can be done in Africa. Some continents are better at adjusting for extra nations than others. Plus even the simplest way to do it in Europe requires editing the Nations League and often moving a country to Asia. Personally I'd say just edit the competitions required. Set up a new version of the AFCON Quals with 55 teams etc.

As for your PS, yeah that's an error in the editor that's been around since launch. Names go back to what they originally were, but as long as the database change is still registered it'll only be a visual error and will show up correctly in game.

All FM21 and FM22 I had the correct country name showing but it's lost the plot now. Not a big issue as all works after that.

As for the custom country I had only just come to terms with playing with the default African comps in 22 and CBF rebuilding them so might try a new continent for something different.

When using a PA range what happens if a player has a CA set to be above the minimum of the PA range? For example if I have a player with CA set to say 145 then PA set to -8(130-160), does that essentially mean his range will be 145-160 or can his PA still get set to below 145 thus forcing his CA then to be lowered to match?

Hi all. Basic question. Can you change the standard input of this field:

image.png.cd48fc5b40340678396d13281fe1efbc.png

It is the end date when setting a loan. Standard input is May 31st but that is typically a British end date. 99% of European loan dates are June 30th...

Is it possible to make June 30th the standard instead of May 31st?

18 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Does anyone know how to get a custom team back into Africa without doing custom continental competitions? I've seen other files where European teams work in FM23 so I know it can be done. Otherwise I'm considering teleporting the country to Oceania with a custom Oceania Champions League for something different. I haven't tested by loading a game yet, but sending the country to Oceania confederation verifies without an error.

Further updates on this - I solved the verification issue by moving the clubs from the country that lost FIFA membership to another country. My nation still didn't show in the African coefficient/qualifying places list until the Year Affiliated/Year Affiliated to Federation/Year Association Formed were switched from 2022 back to 2020.

So, looks like I'm going back to Africa but for anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for information on a custom nation in Oceania here's some of my findings:

• Club teams don't automatically enter the OFC Champions League, you'll need to rebuild it.
  • Your national Under 23 team doesn't automatically appear in Olympic Games qualifying (it's set to a max eight teams in default data so I'm thinking adding one side to each group and an extra fixture date should fix this)
  • An Under 19 national team is not created so you can't play in the Oceania Under 19 championship.
  • Without the Olympic Games or U19 cups, there are no minor competitions for your junior teams to play in so they play one or two friendlies a year until 2035 then stop scheduling them altogether.
Edited by Supermercado99

15 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Further updates on this - I solved the verification issue by moving the clubs from the country that lost FIFA membership to another country. My nation still didn't show in the African coefficient/qualifying places list until the Year Affiliated/Year Affiliated to Federation/Year Association Formed were switched from 2022 back to 2020.

So, looks like I'm going back to Africa but for anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for information on a custom nation in Oceania here's some of my findings:

• Club teams don't automatically enter the OFC Champions League, you'll need to rebuild it.
  • Your national Under 23 team doesn't automatically appear in Olympic Games qualifying (it's set to a max eight teams in default data so I'm thinking adding one side to each group and an extra fixture date should fix this)
  • An Under 19 national team is not created so you can't play in the Oceania Under 19 championship.
  • Without the Olympic Games or U19 cups, there are no minor competitions for your junior teams to play in so they play one or two friendlies a year until 2035 then stop scheduling them altogether.

I don't think any continent is truly plug and play with a new nation. The closest I've got in Europe is adding them to everything except WCQ, but even then the club coefficients would be messed up unless you removed a nation completely. "Replacing" a nation (just writing over the same unique ID) works, but can result in weird newgens and other stuff happening.

South America might be malleable to editing with the advanced editor, you could try to add an 11th nation (Falkland Islands maybe), the namepool seems hard-coded to be Latin though.

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I don't think any continent is truly plug and play with a new nation. The closest I've got in Europe is adding them to everything except WCQ, but even then the club coefficients would be messed up unless you removed a nation completely. "Replacing" a nation (just writing over the same unique ID) works, but can result in weird newgens and other stuff happening.

South America might be malleable to editing with the advanced editor, you could try to add an 11th nation (Falkland Islands maybe), the namepool seems hard-coded to be Latin though.

I found Africa easier in the older versions. It wasn't until the last FM22 update that you had to drop a country out of full FIFA membership to fit in your custom, and FM23 added the requirement to shift clubs out of a nation (I've settled on changing Continental Cup Nation which works fine). Now once you do these things (+ it seems not setting affiliation dates to the current year) you'll get the country into the internationals, and its club teams into the continental cups - albeit starting rock bottom of the coefficients because there's no way to edit them before the game starts.

3 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Who do you change continental cup nation for? Zanzibar into Tanzania or something like that, and then it frees up a spot because Zanzibar (or whichever clubs you change "continental cup nation" for) don't have any clubs?

Last year I just de-FIFA'ed Djibouti and all was well. This time it was goodbye South Sudan, with all their clubs shifted to Sudan for continental purposes. 

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Poor guys. Russia had to invade someone to get banned, South Sudan just had to have a terrible club football scene

At the United Nations I'll be pointing the finger at SI for not allowing us to just add one country free of charge without having to boot somebody else out!

4 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

image.png.f1159fbbdeb4637c9687565141d20e7a.png

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here (editing databases, not creating my own)

Looks like the league is being expanded. On the promotion/relegation page for 1 Divisao it's told that it should get 2 extra teams for next year (eg. first year it's 16 teams, second year it's 18 teams.

Except you're relegating 1 team from 1 Divisao and only promoting 2 from 2 Divisao. So you're only getting 1 extra team, when you should be getting 2 (eg. 16-1+2=17    17=/=18, so error). Either adjust your extra team settings (and possible the next version of the league rules) to account for only 1 extra team being added, or adjust the 2 Divisao rules to to promote 3 teams for that season instead of just 2. Oh and the editor doesn't like 0 relegation places, so you can't can reduce the number of relegation places to make it work, it would have to be an increase to promotion places instead.

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if you lovely people can answer a quick question for me?

I have a great long term save going on using Timo's league pack and I just want to clarify that when SI release the next big update (2.3?) is there any chance this may break the files / save?

My thought process is that the files will still align with the original database so as long as i just continue my save by loading it from main screen the files will still work?

any advice would be great as i don't want to continue to plough hours into a save i won't be able to continue 

Cheers as always

Super Jack Lester

1 hour ago, SuperJackLester said:

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if you lovely people can answer a quick question for me?

I have a great long term save going on using Timo's league pack and I just want to clarify that when SI release the next big update (2.3?) is there any chance this may break the files / save?

My thought process is that the files will still align with the original database so as long as i just continue my save by loading it from main screen the files will still work?

any advice would be great as i don't want to continue to plough hours into a save i won't be able to continue 

Cheers as always

Super Jack Lester

There's always a chance an update could break saves (same is true for un-modded games), it's a very slim one though. I don't think I've ever had updates cause issues with modded files. The opposite has happened however, I've had a save that had issues that were fixed by an update.

I've created a bunch of custom competitions, however I've realised that I can never view the draws, the fixtures are just generated and sent to me in a news item. Is there something in the advanced rules editor that I'm missing to enable me to view the draws?

When using a PA range what happens if a player has a CA set to be above the minimum of the PA range? For example if I have a player with CA set to say 145 then PA set to -8(130-160), does that essentially mean his range will be 145-160 or can his PA still get set to below 145 thus forcing his CA then to be lowered to match?

Also how do the "Peak current/potential ability" work?

Edit: Another quick one, I have a player showing up in game as no work permit, but in the editor under Player Data--General  I have the  "has work permit" ticked. Am I missing something here?

Last one,  Any way to make sure sponsorships/other income settings continue on at a similar level? Doing a custom league system and want to give all teams in my pyramid a set income I can guarantee,

Edited by CurnRaisin

On 18/02/2023 at 18:47, Wiwyum said:

Fm Editor keeps crashing when bulk editing players. How do I prevent this. Can i do anything to make it work better?

How many players are you trying to edit at one time? If its a lot try scaling it back, and do it in batches. Been a while but I did a big editor file back in 19 I remember having to do that for bulk editing teams.

I’ve created a nation and got it working so we can play in the Euros, World Cup, etc, and our clubs play in European competitions.

The problem I have is that the greyed out players and many of the regens and the players added at the start as staff members, have the old nationality’s type of names.

I removed them all from the database and added all my own names, so surely it shouldn’t do that.

Are there certain names that are hardcoded into the database or something? And if so how can I remove them?

Does anyone have any advice on how to force a league to accept professional clubs only in advanced rules? I'm rebuilding my Pro Era league for Northern Ireland, I've managed to force stadium ad facilities rules but I can't seem to state club status requirements. Cheers in advance

19 minutes ago, MuVortez said:

Does anyone have any advice on how to force a league to accept professional clubs only in advanced rules? I'm rebuilding my Pro Era league for Northern Ireland, I've managed to force stadium ad facilities rules but I can't seem to state club status requirements. Cheers in advance

Have you tried to set contract types for that competition?  

On 20/02/2023 at 09:24, Ellis_D said:

I’ve created a nation and got it working so we can play in the Euros, World Cup, etc, and our clubs play in European competitions.

The problem I have is that the greyed out players and many of the regens and the players added at the start as staff members, have the old nationality’s type of names.

I removed them all from the database and added all my own names, so surely it shouldn’t do that.

Are there certain names that are hardcoded into the database or something? And if so how can I remove them?

I don't think deleting them does anything, the names are in there. You can try adding 100+ names to the database with the new naming conventions and see if it makes a difference

On 21/02/2023 at 16:48, Ellis_D said:

Yeah, I've added over 2,000 and the newgens all have British names (I'm doing a British islands database), but the grey players and the ones who start the game all have Dutch names.

Some nations are hard-coded to produce certain namelists. I'd use one of the extinct nations like Ireland pre-1922 or CIS. Guessing that's it, but alternately you could try changing the language of the cities, local region etc to English, nation region to UK and Ireland, etc if you haven't already, and see if it helps

On 20/02/2023 at 22:10, krlenjushka said:

Have you tried to set contract types for that competition?  

Hey thanks, I have seems to be half working first few seasons sort of sees a lot of youth, I'll simulate a couple of decades and see. 

I found a professional status field but its to set how long they stay as a certain status AFTER being relegated not that they MUST be Professional to be promoted. SO I guess if I use this feild on my lowest 'PRO' league then they can go down the status' after  a time.