A bit silly?!?!

hace 1 hora, GreyedOutMan dijo:

of the top of my head i remember that girona (la liga) was winning against a team i can't remember 2-0 and in about 20mins the game was 6-1, it can happen, i mean a team going full attack at the last 20 mins means either both go on a goal streak from both sides or the losing side just gets even more down

22 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I never understand these sort of threads..

with the amount of matches played over the lifetime of the game by the millions of users, I'd be more upset if matches like this didn't happen in the game at all....

Yeah me as well. How many of haven’t gone all out in the last twenty minutes.

8 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

But six goals after the 85th minute? Come on! I doubt if that's EVER happened IRL.

Lewandowski once scored 5 goals in 9 minutes, so it's certainly not impossible.

9 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

But six goals after the 85th minute? Come on! I doubt if that's EVER happened IRL.

There was a recent Spurs game where four where scored. At least two in the last 90 I believe. Yes it can happen. A quick Google search yielded this. See Portsmouth vs Reading.

https://www.goalprofits.com/most-goals-scored-in-a-football-match/

7 minutes ago, Transk53 said:

There was a recent Spurs game where four where scored. At least two in the last 90 I believe. Yes it can happen. A quick Google search yielded this. See Portsmouth vs Reading.

https://www.goalprofits.com/most-goals-scored-in-a-football-match/

There is a big difference between 4 and 6 when you're talking about a few minutes!

1 hour ago, Mikke said:

Lewandowski once scored 5 goals in 9 minutes, so it's certainly not impossible.

So when asked whether six goals had ever been scored in about seven or eight minutes, you tell me that five have been scored in 9? What is that meant to prove. Apparently, two goals have occasionally been scored in half an hour...!!!

2 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

So when asked whether six goals had ever been scored in about seven or eight minutes, you tell me that five have been scored in 9? What is that meant to prove. Apparently, two goals have occasionally been scored in half an hour...!!!

Well your example has six goals in 9 minutes, not in seven or eight. Lewandowski scored those between 51st and 60th minute, in your match the goals are between 85th and 94th minute. Do the math...
And when Australia demolished American Samoa 31-0 there were 6 goals in 9 minutes.

12 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Actually, he told you five have bee scored in nine minutes by a single player. Anything is possible in football. 

Yes, but when you consider that it takes at least 30 seconds to get back to the centre circle for a goal.... six goals in seven or eight minutes is not possible. Five in nine was absurd already. Absurd things happen occasionally. But there is a limit.

i remember in a venezuelan obscure league (4th or 5th division) both teams scored 8 goals between 40 and 50 (yes, between both halfs) it can happen its just kinda rare, and normally happens in obscure leagues where players are fishers/officeman in the day, or in a final minutes rush in any league.

as for the 30 secs for the re start maybe after a goal a player rushed to the center with the ball?

do the maths, 30s x 6 is 180 that is the same as 3 minutes, so there is a 4 minutes of play where anything can happen, 40 seconds for each goal, of course thats insane, but what can you do? it is possible even if there is a 0.000001% of happening

4 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

I never said it wasn't possible. It's just not realistic.

It would be unrealistic if it was happening regularly. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is the one and only time it's happened on your save. 

9 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Yes, but when you consider that it takes at least 30 seconds to get back to the centre circle for a goal.... six goals in seven or eight minutes is not possible.

Given goals can get scored in less than 10 seconds, it's certainly possible. Given that the game itself still counts the 30 seconds to bring the ball back to center, it's clearly not outside the realm of possibility for goals. If you want, post the goals.

Yeah it's super unlikely, but it doesn't strike me as impossible unless you think the ball is traveling faster than it can in real life.

15 hours ago, GreyedOutMan said:

Yes, but when you consider that it takes at least 30 seconds to get back to the centre circle for a goal.... six goals in seven or eight minutes is not possible. Five in nine was absurd already. Absurd things happen occasionally. But there is a limit.

As you say, absurd things happen occasionally. Have you see this happen every two weeks? I'm going to make an educated guess and say no. 

Also I think a lot of people forget that we are playing a computer game. I am sure many of us have played an FPS where we have been taken out by an impossible shot. In the same way on FM 13 on a edited dbase where I used to score a glut of goals in the first three to four minutes because essentially I have changed the odds. I think SI have done a bloody good job over the years in balancing the game. But it is just a game, things happen and once accepted you either have fun getting even, or just winge about it in a pointless post. Personally I rather like doing the former 👍

8 hours ago, Transk53 said:

Also I think a lot of people forget that we are playing a computer game. I am sure many of us have played an FPS where we have been taken out by an impossible shot. In the same way on FM 13 on a edited dbase where I used to score a glut of goals in the first three to four minutes because essentially I have changed the odds. I think SI have done a bloody good job over the years in balancing the game. But it is just a game, things happen and once accepted you either have fun getting even, or just winge about it in a pointless post. Personally I rather like doing the former 👍

Wasn't particularly complaining about SI - I agree, this is a computer game and won't be perfect, although the bigger problem is the regular crashes when I get a penalty which they still can't find a fix for. As for this; just thought this was a bit silly and therefore funny that's all.

Archived