No FM touch beta

It's a shame in general how they do the communication for the touch version.
I love the series, I love FM, but like a lot of other people, growing up, starting to work, having kids changes the free time available and FM Touch is the edition that brought me back to FM and let me enjoy the series again like in my youth years.

The only communication there was this year: "It's the same as FM with the usual things stripped"... ok, in theory that's correct, But I would've loved some more official communication (the beta being one day later and only announced now is one of those small things that add to the pile)

The message SI is sending out is: "We don't care so much about FM Touch, you'll see what it's like, we improved the full fat and offcourse you'll get some benefits of it in FMT, but you'll find out"

It's a wrong message to people who stay with the series just because of FMT

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Davyrob77 said:

I’m purchasing a new tablet for this but no compatibility  list as yet? Why release it if you don’t know what device it will run on?

The pre-release beta is PC/Mac only

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

I have FM Touch 19 running. Just selected "Console" skin and now i'm stuck in Nintendo Switch controls and can't get out!

:D yeah I just reported that. 

I'm getting weird cut off issues in player profile, and empty screens on Training too. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

We’re limited in gk instructions, no option to roll ball out to defenders etc.

If the tactics UI options in FM aren't in FMT then thats a bug IMO, post on the bugs forum.

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

:D yeah I just reported that. 

I'm getting weird cut off issues in player profile, and empty screens on Training too. 

I've had to uninstall and reinstall. I quit the game an restarted but it was still on Switch skin with no [obvious] way of changing it back!

Not a good start, but I'm sure it will be all good!

5 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

I've had to uninstall and reinstall. I quit the game an restarted but it was still on Switch skin with no [obvious] way of changing it back!

Not a good start, but I'm sure it will be all good!

Nope that didn't work. I think I broke it! Even when I reinstall it reloads Switch mode and I can't change back!

21 minutes ago, Stripeyfox2011 said:

I have FM Touch 19 running. Just selected "Console" skin and now i'm stuck in Nintendo Switch controls and can't get out!

Delete your preference folder.. This link is for 2017 but still works. I did the same as you :-)

34 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I just quickly tried FM19 full fat, never again... so many options, buttons, I’m getting old, I can’t handle it. I’m gonna stick with fm touch on desktop so much more relaxing, like the good old days.

Same here!

15 minutes ago, Muggert said:

Delete your preference folder.. This link is for 2017 but still works. I did the same as you :-)

Thanks mate! Life saver! I'm sure they'll sort this out but I'm going to the Lakes tomorrow for a week and was hoping to get some game time! Thought I'd knackered it!

2 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

I just quickly tried FM19 full fat, never again... so many options, buttons, I’m getting old, I can’t handle it. I’m gonna stick with fm touch on desktop so much more relaxing, like the good old days.

Exactly the same as me sir! Spent an hour on full fat and have fully decided that chapter is over for me forever, I like to play in detail and keep an eye on whats going on in the Footballing world which I can do in FMT and still progress, if I wanted to look into things as much in Full Fat I’d do one season before FM2020! 

FMT forever onwards!

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Hi,

Can someone share some images related with the tutoring in FMT?

Identical to FM's.

image.thumb.png.df8c4d011345bd07d96b1b6b98f1e8ea.png

You can choose names for the groups if you like. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Identical to FM's.

The last time i play FM, was FM13... i never heard of those groups.

If i understand, in group 1, Danny Pugh is tutoring 3 players at the same time?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

If i understand, in group 1, Danny Pugh is tutoring 3 players at the same time?

No. They all mentor each other together. Players have a level of influence over the others which can tweak their personalities.

Mentoring

Mentoring is how more influential players in the squad pass on their experience to younger players.
Mentoring allows the manager to group players together for the purpose of sharing Player Traits (PPMs) and passing on desirable (or undesirable) personality traits.
Players must be in the same squad to mentor one another and each group must consist of at least 3 players.
A good starting point is one experienced professional that is a social leader grouped with several younger up-and-coming players that play in a similar position.
It is also possible to set up a short period of one-on-one mentoring via the 'Welcome to club' interaction on signing a new player. This will invite a current player to mentor the new signing off the pitch for a short period of time and ease his transition into his new group of teammates. This affects personality and settling at the club only, no Player Traits (PPMs) are passed.

image.thumb.png.9a3c2a2172054a263ec182456ff753ba.png

See here: 

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Identical to FM's.

image.thumb.png.df8c4d011345bd07d96b1b6b98f1e8ea.png

Awesome!

Is this FMT19 from a tablet? If so, could you please share some other screenshots of the game? Possibly some of the new features etc?

Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Is this FMT19 from a tablet? If so, could you please share some other screenshots of the game? Possibly some of the new features etc?

From PC, with custom skin & graphics. Should note that Tablet is not available yet until release. What would you want to see?

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

From PC, with custom skin & graphics. What would you want to see?

I see. Thanks.

Squad, Schedule, Transfers History, Tactics, Inbox, Scouting, 2D match engine, Player Home Screen.

That's quite a few requests sorry, but any screenshots you can fulfill would be appreciated. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No. They all mentor each other together. Players have a level of influence over the others which can tweak their personalities.

See here: 

Ok, so, the old system, where you ask a player to tutor another player was replaced by this mentoring system?

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

From PC, with custom skin & graphics. Should note that Tablet is not available yet until release. What would you want to see?

Anything that is new in Touch. Has any of the new training system been implemented?

Any more press or player interactions? 

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, adamw83 said:

Anything that is new in Touch. Has any of the new training system been implemented?

Any more press or player interactions? 

Training is in, yep (exception of customising schedules and units). 

You have Training Focuses much like before, and the addition of Mentoring.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Colorado said:

What skin/background graphics is that?? Looks good.

I use a graphics pack and use my own fonts & colour scheme. I'll be releasing it as soon as I've done the FM version as well. 

Archived