The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

1270991060_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.4987d4f75c90f4eae8a09b158a7fd1bc.jpg

Season 2028 / 2029

10th in Serie A

League Table         Youth Intake          Transfer History

I'm in a bit of a stalemate at the moment. Squad is building stronger slowly but still waiting for a top talent forward.

Youth intake was really good but without any attacking players.

Best prospects : Michelangelo Chiarello and Leone Ingrosso  

GL ALL !! :) 

20200104164246_1.thumb.jpg.49089055a25da9a69245a0cf67063ad1.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2025

In total an underwhelming intake, but one very exciting player!

K1wtYCj.png

Johnny Skolleborg 25a is an amazing goalkeeper for this level, on par with my first choice already. And a Model Citizen! Get in the van!

vZE61YU.png

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 6 2025/2026

At the start of the season, i released players (4) from my original squad for the first time. I was sad about it, but they were just not good enough. The season was looking promising but it ended up to be a long and slow calvary...For some reason we weren't able to create opportunities despite using the same tactic than previous seasons. We also kept a low conversion rate the whole season. Add to this several players underperfoming defensively. We had to fight the whole season to keep our spot in the league.

And that was close...really close. To be honest, with 4 games left, i was already considering the settings of a new save...Not only my results in the league were catastrophic, but the club was sold. And the new owners wanted to fire me lol. They waited the end of the season to give their decision. That makes me think, i passed the continental Pro qualification, yeeeeeeeee. To see my coach, here it is

Other than that, they injected 9k in the club finances. I can tell those guys are not from Qatar.

Buchan03a improved a lot, i may need to offer him a long term contract in the future. I plan to have 5 youths in my starting 11 next season. You can notice most of the youths from the first 2 intakes did not manage to make it to the first team. Since the third youth intake, things looks better :)

20200104201845_1.thumb.jpg.c5820567f55988bd11ed08bbb173f0a9.jpg20200104201937_1.thumb.jpg.08fd9f08636299457c28fe5117f89483.jpg

My worst year in cups since i started the save. Just bad draws. My finances didn't like it.

20200104201908_1.thumb.jpg.a8411ae1df599378dc67b88d22903ac7.jpg20200104202136_1.thumb.jpg.ae373fcf467835484bbab077b16b51f7.jpg

Similar youth intake than previous season. Promising, but a lot of unambitious players. I finally fired my HOYD. I should have done this few seasons ago, but there was no one interesting to recruit.

20200103224828_1.thumb.jpg.abdf21fb22b6792ea56c2c99fe73a9bf.jpg20200104211142_1.thumb.jpg.c035d377716c31a5cb455ccd16e41087.jpg

2081244743_Annotation2020-01-04212023.thumb.png.daa57e373d3fcffed51204c61a134689.png

Edited by SpS_Zen

25 minutes ago, XaW said:

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2025

In total an underwhelming intake, but one very exciting player!

Johnny Skolleborg 25a is an amazing goalkeeper for this level, on par with my first choice already. And a Model Citizen! Get in the van!

When I got my first Model Citizen, I was scared to put him in a mentoring group until I'd sent him on a couple of leadership courses and given him some first team action.

(I mean, I've only ever 'got' that one MC. The rest I've manufactured from the original).

In fact, if any of my promising youths have even a decent personality, I tend to promote them to the first team squad quite quickly.

Edited by vikeologist

2 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

When I got my first Model Citizen, I was scared to put him in a mentoring group until I'd sent him on a couple of leadership courses and given him some first team action.

(I mean, I've only ever 'got' that one MC. The rest I've manufactured from the original).

In fact, if any of my promising youths have even a decent personality, I tend to promote them to the first team squad quite quickly.

Yup, I think I will play him as my first choice from the get go, and do the goalscoring thing as well! :D

And, no way he will be in a mentoring group! No way he's losing his Model Citizen personality!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yup, I think I will play him as my first choice from the get go, and do the goalscoring thing as well! :D

And, no way he will be in a mentoring group! No way he's losing his Model Citizen personality!

The thing about model citizens is that they don't necessarily have a super high level of professionalism, so if you have them mentoring a professional player, it can have a negative effect. 

I don't know if it has had a negative effect on my players, but I suspect so.

Still, I'm happy with my 3 Model Pros. 

Sens your kid on every leadership course you can, especially since he's starting on 6. 

Mind you, my first MP still only has a leadership attribute of 7, so maybe it doesn't make much difference. An average influence on the group is enough.

3 hours ago, vikeologist said:

The thing about model citizens is that they don't necessarily have a super high level of professionalism, so if you have them mentoring a professional player, it can have a negative effect. 

I don't know if it has had a negative effect on my players, but I suspect so.

Still, I'm happy with my 3 Model Pros. 

Sens your kid on every leadership course you can, especially since he's starting on 6. 

Mind you, my first MP still only has a leadership attribute of 7, so maybe it doesn't make much difference. An average influence on the group is enough.

Model pros are also personalities I would be delighted to get. But compared to the usual bunch of "Unambitious" I usually get, I'll take Model Citizens all day long. ;)

Good call about the leadership course! Will do asap!

Ok so Germany turned out to be a flop... We were performing above expectations in midtable, had some great youth prospects from the holidayed season that we desperately needed to keep hold of, not only to advance us but more importantly to fill the gaps of the players retiring. Then our chairman decides to have a firesale of the best youth players, selling them all for under £100k... when they probably had the potential to be multi-million pound players. I protested, he wouldn't back down so I threw my toys out of the pram and resigned :D

Back to my Brackley Town save I guess. I've had 4 straight promotions to the Championship there, so not all bad!

Belfast Celtic FC (N. Ireland)
Season 4 - 2023/24

As hoped, a relatively comfortable season. We started the season better than expected and were undefeated in eleven games leaving us in a play-off spot, but a slump at the wrong time meant, that we 
finished in the wrong part/subset of the table when the split was made after 22 games. We were never though in any danger of being relegated, and we picked up really good form again, once in the relegation group. So the past years intakes and their increased quality has payed off, and we are now quality-wise better than the worst teams in the division, but still lacking compared to the best teams.
Regarding transfers, I posted earlier that I had figured out why my Head of Youth Development kept making offers for Reserve team players. I was wrong. As you can see from my transfers he is still doing business. I really don't know how to stop him. From the released players you can see, that I released the players on the same day they were signed. I hope this is ok.

League (Results 1, Results 2, League Chart, Cups) - Much better and more comfortable season in the Bluefin Sport Championship. We started magnificently given our young and still limited player material, but lost our way at the wrong time and ended up in the relegation group. In this group our improved quality, especially coming from last years intake, did show, and we were never in danger of being relegated and collected more points than last year although finishing in the same position (8th).
In the cup tournaments, we reached the 6th round of the Irish Cup which is a welcome improvement, where we lost to Ballinamallard United and in the Country Antrim Shield, we once again reached the semi finals going out to rich and professional Larne.

Team - The quality is rising, and our youth players are getting older. Our best and most promising player is by far our left-winger Aaron Hunter. He is terrifying defenders in the division. He is on a youth contract one season more. I doubt I can keep hold of him once he signs a non-contract, if he even wants to.
In defense, Derek Carey has been very impressive while Sean Worsfold on left back has been consistent if not impressive. After being loaned out last season, Glenn Teer has had a breakthough season scoring 9 goals. This is good, and very welcome, as I doubt my main striker Darren Stuart, at 32, can keep up his impressive performances. On right wing Alan McNeill made the position his own.
In general my intake players on youth contracts are now sufficiently qualified to attract interest from other clubs, and I have started to receive loan offers for some youngsters. This is very pleasing and good for their development. I am expecting much from Tim West in midfield and Shane McCann who have both been on loan this year.

Facilities - During my late season upturn in form, I managed to pursuade the board to upgrade Junior Coaching. It is now Excellent. I am fairly certain, that I would have succeeded in upgrading Youth Recruitment as well had it not been for our poor finances. But it is still at a Good level which is sufficient for now.

Finances - The increased intake facility levels are starting to show in our finances, and they are getting worse now.

Youth Intake - Another brilliant intake. I have very high hopes for Steve O'Sullivan due to his playing position in central defense and midfield where we are a bit thin on potential, his attributes and his Model Citizen personality. Adrian Byrne and Jason Adams also looks very promising.

Goal for next season: Another comfortable season. We are still not nearly strong enough for a promotion to the Danske Bank Premiership. Hopefully a cup run to improve our finances a bit. 

2020-01-04_181014f6c3a65d6d6a40f8.png

2020-01-04_18112981646f8c2396c9e7.png

Edited by andershs

Small addendum to my previous post.

In the summer break, I asked for upgrades to the Youth Recruitment again and the board granted the request. Although our finances haven't improved much.

Good times. Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment are now both Excellent.

20200105112323_12f2656987f78db38.jpg

image.thumb.png.4d428f52d11b35c6cf636ef4a6629731.png

Another Golden Generation coming through, I swear this a record, literally every Youth Intake I have had has been a golden generation.

Anyway this time I got a right back coming through from Kelty. Looking forward to seeing who they bring up in this Youth Intake.

I am currently 8th in League 1, I aint doing well, I just need to find some form. I just lost a game 8-6 lol.

After our lucky draw in the Europa League we certainly made the most of it! We won our group, two points ahead of Spartak Moscow. We started of with a win away to KAA Gent, and never really looked back. Hopefully we can get a good draw for the first knock out stage! 

1400285543_2020-01-0512_49_09-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ffc51a05063edaa0403b60b051269fbd.jpg

3 hours ago, andershs said:

Belfast Celtic FC (N. Ireland)
Season 4 - 2023/24

As hoped, a relatively comfortable season. We started the season better than expected and were undefeated in eleven games leaving us in a play-off spot, but a slump at the wrong time meant, that we 
finished in the wrong part/subset of the table when the split was made after 22 games. We were never though in any danger of being relegated, and we picked up really good form again, once in the relegation group. So the past years intakes and their increased quality has payed off, and we are now quality-wise better than the worst teams in the division, but still lacking compared to the best teams.
Regarding transfers, I posted earlier that I had figured out why my Head of Youth Development kept making offers for Reserve team players. I was wrong. As you can see from my transfers he is still doing business. I really don't know how to stop him. From the released players you can see, that I released the players on the same day they were signed. I hope this is ok.

League (Results 1, Results 2, League Chart, Cups) - Much better and more comfortable season in the Bluefin Sport Championship. We started magnificently given our young and still limited player material, but lost our way at the wrong time and ended up in the relegation group. In this group our improved quality, especially coming from last years intake, did show, and we were never in danger of being relegated and collected more points than last year although finishing in the same position (8th).
In the cup tournaments, we reached the 6th round of the Irish Cup which is a welcome improvement, where we lost to Ballinamallard United and in the Country Antrim Shield, we once again reached the semi finals going out to rich and professional Larne.

Team - The quality is rising, and our youth players are getting older. Our best and most promising player is by far our left-winger Aaron Hunter. He is terrifying defenders in the division. He is on a youth contract one season more. I doubt I can keep hold of him once he signs a non-contract, if he even wants to.
In defense, Derek Carey has been very impressive while Sean Worsfold on left back has been consistent if not impressive. After being loaned out last season, Glenn Teer has had a breakthough season scoring 9 goals. This is good, and very welcome, as I doubt my main striker Darren Stuart, at 32, can keep up his impressive performances. On right wing Alan McNeill made the position his own.
In general my intake players on youth contracts are now sufficiently qualified to attract interest from other clubs, and I have started to receive loan offers for some youngsters. This is very pleasing and good for their development. I am expecting much from Tim West in midfield and Shane McCann who have both been on loan this year.

Facilities - During my late season upturn in form, I managed to pursuade the board to upgrade Junior Coaching. It is now Excellent. I am fairly certain, that I would have succeeded in upgrading Youth Recruitment as well had it not been for our poor finances. But it is still at a Good level which is sufficient for now.

Finances - The increased intake facility levels are starting to show in our finances, and they are getting worse now.

Youth Intake - Another brilliant intake. I have very high hopes for Steve O'Sullivan due to his playing position in central defense and midfield where we are a bit thin on potential, his attributes and his Model Citizen personality. Adrian Byrne and Jason Adams also looks very promising.

Goal for next season: Another comfortable season. We are still not nearly strong enough for a promotion to the Danske Bank Premiership. Hopefully a cup run to improve our finances a bit. 

2020-01-04_181014f6c3a65d6d6a40f8.png

2020-01-04_18112981646f8c2396c9e7.png

@andershs If You Go To Staff Responsibilities Then Transfers and Contracts. You'll Find That Your HOY Will Be Tasked With Buying Youth Players For

Your Under 23s

Kelty Hearts Season 5 End Of Season Review

So I just managed to stay in the divsion, my expectations were a lot higher then the board's and team's expectations but I just thought we would be one of the favorites to get promoted but I was completely wrong.

image.thumb.png.d27d749cf17e626990a432e62b2129c1.png

My expectations next season are a mid table to high end of the table finish.

Gordon Wilson has become Mr Kelty Hearts look at the stats on this awesome player

image.thumb.png.791a4c818f765330b9edd8d8c4628710.png

image.thumb.png.761902b3ca1a58e14b7dc3b8c9afcd23.png

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar Youth Intake 2030

With our top notch youth recruitment and junior coaches, as well as a good HOYD we should have expected more overall quality, but the two only stand outs might prove very useful. Our left and right full back is where we are the weakest at the moment, both in quality as well as in quality. It will be interesting to follow the progression of these two, and Goran Bulat might be my first choice right full back next season, as our first choice isnt much better! 

287533_2020-01-0517_35_56-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4a7215462b2fa878a43c20bf6648e188.jpg

1451977730_2020-01-0517_36_08-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.fb809f926f1c7c44ccfb95a303983c81.jpg

1900781982_2020-01-0517_36_17-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.b7fb499866779355771fc1e0a531683c.jpg

I'm convinced the production of youth players is pretty random regardless of youth coaching, rec, facilities etc. For Brackley, I haven't really invested in facilities or upgrades whatever as it's not a youth save, so all of the facilities are Conference North/South standard - and yet we've produced a full international winger at just age 17 and a few other prospects too... Where was all this when I needed it? :D

Janskauskas.thumb.PNG.2d84b6723b2efcc6c50c21348413da1a.PNG

1 hour ago, schnauzer said:

I'm convinced the production of youth players is pretty random regardless of youth coaching, rec, facilities etc. For Brackley, I haven't really invested in facilities or upgrades whatever as it's not a youth save, so all of the facilities are Conference North/South standard - and yet we've produced a full international winger at just age 17 and a few other prospects too... Where was all this when I needed it? :D

Janskauskas.thumb.PNG.2d84b6723b2efcc6c50c21348413da1a.PNG

A full international LITHUANIAN!

All the resources just increase your odds of getting good players.

My facilities are all as good as they can be, which maximises my chances of getting a great player, but in the end it just means that I hold lots of lottery tickets, but I haven't even come close to a jackpot as yet.

ErZ4H5n.png

Stafford Rangers - End of Season 2022/23

Previous Update | Overview | Table | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Manager | Club Vision | Transfers

An amazing season to remember, as we not only managed to bring the FA Trophy home, but earned promotion after a hard fought playoff run following a 4th place finish in the table. The team is definitely playing far above expectations, with the media predicting a 24th place finish at the start of the season, but defenses at this level continue to find themselves unable to cope with the talent of our strikers. I don't expect this to continue as we move into League Two, but then, I didn't expect any kind of success at all for the last two seasons either, so who knows?

The team is going professional following our promotion to League Two, along with upgrades to our youth level (4 now) and our youth and senior facilities (basic now, from poor). Our top three players are all young and refusing to sign new contracts, and while they all have at least 2 years on their contracts left, having them stuck on part-time hurts a lot since I'm positive they have a lot of potential to still develop.

Our youth intake was nothing to write home about. Our HoYD predicted a second golden generation in a row, and it's not awful, though 'golden generation' might be taking it a bit too far. We've got a decent looking goalkeeper (though we seem to get one of those every year) and a solid looking attacking midfielder that might see some playtime, along with a Model Citizen striker that hopefully has the potential to improve his poor starting attributes.

Key Players

Jody O'Connor y23g, ST: Feels a bit odd to list O'Connor above Arber, as the latter is definitely a better player, but O'Connor absolutely dominated during cup play this season, averaging a 8.11 rating across 6 (1) appearances. He scored 8 goals and got 4 assists as well as 4 PoMs in those same cup games, and probably would have done even more for us if he hadn't missed 2 months due to broken ribs right in the middle of his hot streak in January. He was back in time for the final though, where he scored 2 goals and earned PoM on a 9.1 rating, so I think he's bounced back pretty well!

Declan Arber, ST: Arber started the season a bit slow, scoring 3 goals in his first 8 matches, before suddenly remembering how to score and putting on an absolute clinic for the league and winning top goalscorer and player of the year for the second straight year. He ended up making 55 (1) appearances for us this year, scoring 37 with 8 assists, so he was absolutely one of keys to success.

Robbie Fraser y21b, RB: Fraser is probably the best player on the team attribute wise, and is our first international call up as he was called up on three separate occasions for the Scotland U19s. He actually missed a lot of playing time because of this, as he came back jaded and in need of a week or two off each time, but it helped his development out quite a bit nonetheless.

Top Prospects

Steve Hunter y21a, MC: Steve Hunter actually made 35 appearances for us last season, so I'm not 100% sure if he should really be called a 'prospect' anymore, but he's definitely one of our better players. As we're lacking leadership candidates, he's actually our vice captain, and will likely be taking over the captaincy in the next couple of years or so, as our current captain is already 32.

Don Elvins y22a, GK: Our top prospect from last year has developed pretty well over the season, and is almost as good as our current starting keeper. The coaches predict he has a 5 star potential though, and our current keeper is 30 years old, so if Elvins isn't starting by the 2025 season I'll be very surprised.

Andy Munro y23a, AMC: Andy Munro looks to be a solid prospect for the midfield, and looks to be a pretty good option for a playmaker if he can improve his vision and passing some. He might see some playtime as soon as this coming season depending on what formation I end up going with.

aoyVqnw.png

Well I made it to the end of the first season with Stalybridge for the first time in 5 attempts with them but we were relegated on the final day  :(

This challenge is a killer.  I'm going to start a different save for the time being, but I know what will happen and this challenge will drag me back in like the cruel mistress that she is for attempt number 6 at Stalybridge

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar 

Season Summary 2029-2030

Season Summary

After finishing 2nd last season I had high hopes that one more year of experience for our young team could give us a title push. And boy did we come close! The league went down to the final day and it was HNK Rijeka that grabbed the title. Dinamo Zagreb had won it the last six seasons so this was a huge blow for them. We beat Dinamo Zagreb 2-1 in the second last round of the season, substitute Vedran Kulusic grabbing a 2-1 winner in stoppage time! This gave us a great chance, but even though we won our last game we lost out in the title by the smallest margin possible: Results between teams.. Gutted, but we have to be happy with the way we performed. 

We won our Europa League group which automatically put us in the 2nd Knockout Leg. We drew TSG Hoffenheim and managed to win on away goals, beating them 2-1 in Germany and losing 0-1 at home. Next up was Tottenham and that meant a brutal exit for us! We lost 5-0 in England, in fairness it could easily have been by a bigger margin. A respectable 0-2 loss at home meant the Europa League adventure was over with a bang. But we really can't complain, Spurs is just miles ahead of us! 

710127918_2020-01-0614_21_27-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.95308e5a23c5a0d76990c77c1d483ca7.jpg    1129002975_2020-01-0614_27_19-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.abfc8c9e70cd446ebea975bbc6c64750.jpg     1499137423_2020-01-0614_27_40-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.cda7d6e151f4a0c83ad548c5b115381b.jpg         1031026144_2020-01-0614_27_53-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0f94bbd64c4fda64b2eeee88a1aa3709.jpg

1898168122_2020-01-0614_29_52-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.022692dfccceb19208020a60223a9f3f.jpg

Going forward

We have a very exciting team at the moment and even though I could have highlighted some of our other top performers (Gribic, Perisic etc.) or posted U-19 players I will post screenshots of the six players in the starting eleven who are 20 or younger. These are players that I hope will be the foundation of this team in years to come, but I also fear that it can all come crashing down this summer. Drazen Surbek, our best player by far, have on a number of occasions turned down top clubs, but will he stay another year? Without him we will go all in on a U-19 striker named Roko Jaksic, but that will mean no title challenge. The gap in quality between the players are just too big. Surbek has scored 28 goals in 53 games (all competitions) this year, as well as providing 9 assists. I'd be lucky to get 10 out of Jaksic, or any other striker in the team. Our other young key players (screenshots below) are all wanted by top clubs (Arsenal, Juventus, PSG etc.), and if we can't hold onto them there are no real alternatives in the academy. We also have terrible right full back, but a pretty decent prospect in our U19. I am considering to think long-term and just have him as the regular starter for next year, as our right side is like a interstate highway at times.. 

Players 20 years old or younger in the starting 11

Drazen Surbek (20): striker. 36 league games, 18 goals/4 assists. Avg. rating: 6,98

674356737_2020-01-0614_53_41-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.55ea642c875f2bca3124ce2b27df4dea.jpg

Stipe Roguljic (20): AMR. 35 league games, 9 goals/6 assists. Avg. rating: 7,04

716446496_2020-01-0614_53_32-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ed85cda17a9a2c36cb14bac329993afe.jpg

Matko Dukadjin (19): AMC. 36 league games, 10 goals/11 assists. Avg. rating: 7,33

127885138_2020-01-0614_53_52-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.727ae7e16cae5561ddf3fcccc061f1ea.jpg

Fran Gabrijelic (18): AML. 33 league games, 9 goals/9 assists. Avg. rating: 6,98

2022233930_2020-01-0614_54_01-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.551bff486476f35f7ed6dd2830624af0.jpg

Ivica Keran (20): CM (d). 32 league games, pass. acc. 87%, tackles won: 81%, Avg. rating 6,68

919079915_2020-01-0614_54_13-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0eaeda61602c0fee3150653163939d69.jpg

Marijo Loncar (20): CB. 34 league games, tackles won 87%, Avg. rating 6,96

1196583652_2020-01-0614_54_25-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.6e336bb93981e9fd1e6ed0d9ec5f6219.jpg

Season	|   League                            |  Position |  League Cup   |        Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|   Druga Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   Promotion to top division first year
2021/22	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  2nd round    |         N/A	          |   Stayed in the league. Good first half of the season
2022/23	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   No improvement on last year, only worse finances
2023/24	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Another 7th place finish
2024/25	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  5th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Decent progress, finished just outside a European spot
2025/26	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  3rd      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Great season, bronze medal and European spot
2026/27	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  6th      |  3rd round    |1 KO-stage Euro Cup II |   Good European season, average league performance
2027/28	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  5th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A           |   Qualified for Europe, facilities upgraded
2028/29	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  2nd      |  Qtr-final    |1 KO-stage Euro Cup II |   Runner up in the league 
2029/30	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  2nd      |  Qtr-final    | EL 2nd Knockout Stage |   Runner up in the league, second year in a row 

Edited by thomas_e

Nine times now at a nightclub. About half the team have complained about him. He's a troublemaker alright and if it was a normal game, I'd get rid of him immediately. But in this challenge I just can't get anyone even close to his ability to replace him.

image.thumb.png.1518ea028d9c70891c75c188f0ccec78.png

image.thumb.png.8b1211f3d6b36ecd626df44d9b2fa2e0.png

6 hours ago, thomas_e said:

What a great season @Sheyra! Really impressive! And Steve Hunter looks like a player that can follow you far up the league system! 

I'm definitely hoping Steve Hunter will continue to improve! He's got pretty good mentals for his age, so as long as he can stay healthy he should end up being pretty solid for us at midfield over the next several seasons. The coaches do seem to think he's injury prone though, so that's a bit concerning if true.

Also, tough luck just barely missing promotion again. Hopefully season #10 in your division will get you up.

17 minutes ago, Sheyra said:

I'm definitely hoping Steve Hunter will continue to improve! He's got pretty good mentals for his age, so as long as he can stay healthy he should end up being pretty solid for us at midfield over the next several seasons. The coaches do seem to think he's injury prone though, so that's a bit concerning if true.

Also, tough luck just barely missing promotion again. Hopefully season #10 in your division will get you up.

Thanks! But I'm not fighting for promotion, I'm fighting for the title :D

1 hour ago, Fastbasher said:

Nine times now at a nightclub. About half the team have complained about him. He's a troublemaker alright and if it was a normal game, I'd get rid of him immediately. But in this challenge I just can't get anyone even close to his ability to replace him.

image.thumb.png.1518ea028d9c70891c75c188f0ccec78.png

image.thumb.png.8b1211f3d6b36ecd626df44d9b2fa2e0.png

I guess my first question is, does it matter? I appreciate that it's lowering your support from the players, but if everybody's producing, maybe it's something you need to live with. 

The obvious alternative, changing the disciplinary code so that he  can't afford to do this is as likely to **** the player off as to produce more professionalism.

Which brings me to my second point.

If he's 21, maybe you've still got time to improve his personality. I mean, surely any player with more influence is going to improve his professionalism. I presume this guy isn't your captain. (If he is, we need to talk).

If he's a Realist, then his sportsmanship must be rock bottom. (You can't judge his professionalism from his personality. In theory his professionalism could be 17, but let's assume it isn't).

You wouldn't have to just rely on the obvious good personalities. Fairly Sporting, Honest, Light-Hearted will all almost certainly do the job, because anybody with higher Spo will almost certainly have higher professionalism, and anyway, you should be able to scrape together 2 players with higher status to take him under their wing.

I doubt it's a sure thing. Maybe his personality can't be improved, but it's worth a try, especially if you can make positive changes in the next couple of years that will serve you well for his next 10 years with you.

Also, send him on a leadership course. On the other hand,, it probably won't work, and it might increase his influence to the point that he turns everybody into a party animal. However, I'm not at all sure that a leadership course just improves that one attribute. It's made negligible changes to leadership for my players.

Do people think that leadership courses would be a good idea for  Benjamin 'Bender' Bernard?

(I want to make clear that 'bender' is an idiom for a pub crawl, rather than alluding to his personal preferences).

Edited by vikeologist

It was maybe always just a matter of time, but still very dissapointed to lose our star player Drazen Surbek. 101 caps and 61 goals he managed to get for us, before leaving for what seems like our affiliate club, Liverpool. We have had three big sales on this save, and all of them to Liverpool. 

They met Drazen Surbek's buy-out clause of £10,750,00 and it was nothing I could do. 

He has been the heart of the team, leading the line in our 4-2-3-1 and he always managed to score the important goals! 

I will bring back Roko Jaksic from loan and he will be our starting striker this year. The difference between the two, is as you can see, staggering! Goodbye league title! 

943383853_2020-01-0618_27_11-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0ddf25a56d3cbdd6318ab066cbec1319.jpg

1261465050_2020-01-0618_27_36-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.0608f7db14babc28c75a99c0183d399b.jpg

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Also, send him on a leadership course. On the other hand,, it probably won't work, and it might increase his influence to the point that he turns everybody into a party animal. However, I'm not at all sure that a leadership course just improves that one attribute. It's made negligible changes to leadership for my players.

Do people think that leadership courses would be a good idea for  Benjamin 'Bender' Bernard?

(I want to make clear that 'bender' is an idiom for a pub crawl, rather than alluding to his personal preferences).

Aww man. Thanks for the suggestions. But you're only making me want to go out on the town with him. In fact, team building night out at his favourite club!

First round's on me.

Ra6uFfl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube Lordelo 2022-23

Schedule / Statistics / Transfers / Manager / Facilities

Campeonato de Portugal: a great season, above my expectations. After just barely survived last season I wasn't really expecting much this year, but changing the system to a 5-3-2 (the only tactic that seems to be working on this game) proved to be a success! We were fighting for promotion for a while, however we lost to two of the top teams Oliveirense and Gondomar (5-0 and 4-0) and our morale kinda dropped there. We could've finished in a higher place but I decided to promote some youth players to give them experience when I realised we couldn't fight for promotion anymore. After all, finishing 3rd or 13th is the same thing...

Taça de Portugal: once again we didn't get past 3rd Round. This time we lost 3-2 to Boavista from the first division.

Youth intake: so far every intake we got was labelled as a golden generation. We got some decent players to be in the first team next season, Abílio Sousa, Daniel Dias and finally a goalkeeper Américo Costa.

We have to get rid of some players. Our squad is almost 70 players (including u19s and main team). The truth is that we're making progress, even if we still playing in the same level that we started, we can see players developing, like Flávio Carvalho - rated 5 stars. I don't know for how long we'll be able to keep him... Also good news, our u19s got promotion from regional league and will be playing in second national league next season.

History:

Season League Position Cup Top scorer Top rating Notes Coaching badge Corporate facilities Training facilities Data analysis Youth facilities Junior coaching Youth recruitment Average attendance
2019/20 AF Porto Divisão de Elite ? - - - AI Controlled - Adequate Basic Poor Average Fairly basic Limited -
2020/21 Campeonato de Portugal 12th 3rd Round Jorginho (10) Pedro Gouveia (6.93) Survived relagation National B Adequate Adequate Poor Average Average Basic 748
2021/22 Campeonato de Portugal 9th 2nd Round Flávio Carvalho (15) Flávio Carvalho (7.09) - Continental C Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 762
2022/23 Campeonato de Portugal 13th 3rd Round Basílio Guimarães (9) Basílio Guimarães (6.94) - Continental B Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 668
2023/24 Campeonato de Portugal 8th 3rd Round Flávio Carvalho (25) Flávio Carvalho (7.49) Under-19s promoted Continental A Adequate Adequate Poor Average Adequate Fairly basic 893

Bilderesultat for champions league logoBilderesultat for nk zadar

Champions League here we come! After two very dramatic qualification rounds! We went into the Champions League Best Placed 3rd. Qualifying Round, and our first opponent was Rangers. We lost 1-0 in Scotland, in a very even game. The return leg saw two unlikely matchvinners for us, our central defenders. Marijo Loncar made it 1-0 after 45 minutes, and CB partner Marko Perisic scored 2-0 on a corner in extra time! 

The last hurdle was CSKA Moscow, a team miles ahead of us in quality. We lost 2-1 in Russia, our goal scorer being DM Ivica Keran, with only the second goal of his career. We managed to hold on for the rest of the game, taking a pretty decent result back home to Croatia. At home we went 1-0 up after an own goal from a set piece. And then, again our defenders step up to the challenge with Marko Perisic again becoming match winner with a 2-0 headed goal! Champions League here we come, and £13,690,000 in group stage bonus! 

We got a pretty tough draw with Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Feyenord. Hopefully we can get good results against Feyenord, as I fear we will see zero points against PSG and Chelsea. PSG away, how tough will that be..... :eek:

28962021_2020-01-0719_17_58-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f63613cd45ff45527c8252ea4d74f5d6.jpg     

1592089350_2020-01-0717_48_54-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.3c1888c6d029f72279ae6b6ec9742219.jpg

1617895648_2020-01-0717_49_18-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.edbc1c2a8f7e6fae74a5a36b14f29a3f.jpg

884201766_2020-01-0717_48_31-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.a4b56a67a6e355b042bf4da2a476daa8.jpg

XaW - Follo Fotballklubb - 2025

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Since we went professional before the season started, I had quite the job with contracts during the winter. The season itself started quite well, and we did play a nice football. It was clear that training full time helped out quite a bit for condition and match fitness. We were never in any danger of being relegated this season, we kept a position around mid-table throughout the whole season. About half way in, we had a massive injury when our first choice goalkeeper broke his leg, so that put a dent in any hopes of climbing the table. Towards the end of the season we went into a very poor form and didn't win any of the last 5 matches. So in the end we finished in a very decent 9th place.

In the Norgesmesterskap we beat FK Tønsberg, Lyn, Sandefjord, Kjelsås Fotball, Stabæk and Aalesund to reach the final. Here we faced Kristiansund, and won it in extra time even though we got a red card in the 2nd half. So we are heading into Europe next season due to this cup win!

The leading players this season have been Johannes Lieberg 22bJoakim Hording 24f and Edison Gjikokaj.

4iPW1Jc.png

14 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

@XaW congratz with the EL(conference ?) qualification.

Thanks! It's the normal EL, not the conference since we won the cup. I must admit, I've got very little experience with the new European cups, so I might get a surprise or two from playing there now. Does getting knocked out of EL drop us to the EL Conference like CL to EL? I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out. ;)

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

Thanks! It's the normal EL, not the conference since we won the cup. I must admit, I've got very little experience with the new European cups, so I might get a surprise or two from playing there now. Does getting knocked out of EL drop us to the EL Conference like CL to EL? I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out. ;)

Didn't know that was possible, i though the europa league was only for cup wins from top '10' nations and teams that drop out of the CL.

The cup win in Iceland only got me into the Europa League conference :(:) 

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Didn't know that was possible, i though the europa league was only for cup wins from top '10' nations and teams that drop out of the CL.

The cup win in Iceland only got me into the Europa League conference :(:) 

I'm not at home, so I could be wrong, but I'm certain it said it was the EL, not the Conference... I'll have a double check when I get home later.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2029/30 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

Still no wonderkid, or even a 5 starrer this year.

(Later in the report it will turn out that I do have a wonderkid after all).

Maybe next year if we qualify for Europe, or finally get lucky. However, there were lots of decent players and I signed and tagged lots of them, so we’ll see.

Andrea Spada YP10a – A defensive midfielder. Can’t say his attributes excite me, so let’s hope he improves.

Mario Fedeli YP10b – A winger. He’ll hopefully be a backup soon.

Let’s look back 4 years.

At the time this looked like a very weak intake. I’m only realising this now, looking back at the screenshot and my initial comments. The top 2 prospects were only 4 stars.

Antonio Simone YP6a – Turns out I do have a wonderkid after all, and it’s this guy. I hadn’t seen his media description before. A Central Defender who has notched up over 100 appearances already.

Alessandro Fiocchi YP6b – Another central defender. Not a wonderkid, not as good as Simone, but is his partner in central defence for the last year, and now has 5 star potential.

Valerio Fantini YP6c – Let go on a free transfer.

Giuseppe Durante YP6d – Has been out on loan for the last couple of seasons.  I doubt Durante will ever be good enough to play for us, but he’s done well in Serie C.

Lorenzo Savelli YP6e- Another free transfer

Giuseppe Palomba YP6f – And another.

Eugenio Cau (YP6) & Marcello Marchetti (YP6) – Foggia gave me 20k for Cau, and he’s now playing first team football in Serie B for them. Also got some money from Cremonese for Marchetti, but his only first team action has been on loan in Hungary.

So, even a seemingly rubbish intake can turn out to be fantastic.

I will henceforth stop complaining about not having any wonderkids.

UPDATE: I will however complain that a month after the youth intake, Simone's potential has dropped, and he's no longer a Wonderkid. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

20200108083914_1.jpg

20200108092852_1.jpg

20200108092845_1.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

Vikeologist's Palermo 2029/30 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

For much of the season we were in the top 4 and it looked as though we were headed for the Champions League, as long as a crap team didn’t win the Europa League.

However our form became inconsistent, and the team below us, Roma, won 10 league matches in a row to deny us, and drop us to 5th.

Still, I’d have taken qualifying for Europe at the start of the season, and it doesn’t make a huge difference at the moment which competition we’re in, although I suppose we’ll have to be in the Champions League at some point in order to win it. I feel like that’s a little way off still.

Top Goalscorer – Alessio Fantini YP3g / Corrado Varsallona YP8a- 23

Fantini was supposed to be our star striker, but Varsallona actually equalled his tally with less matches and time, and is now rated equally with Fantini. I’ve been reluctant to play them together as they’re both very left-footed, but they are my best 2 strikers. Besides, my supposedly promising striker from last year’s intake, Gianluca Allegretti YP9a, didn’t score once in the 495 minutes I gave him.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Luciano Campi YP5g – 7.66

Campi was even better this season.

My special award for the season

Most Gay Player - Corrado Varsallona YP8a

As well as being my most prolific striker, Corrado was also my first player (certainly in this save) to come out as gay.

Man of The Match – Luciano Campi YP5g / Corrado Varsallona YP8a- 6

Most Valuable Players– Luciano Campi YP5g / Corrado Varsallona YP8a – Impossible to choose between camp and Campi.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.
23/24	C/C			1st		Won league and Super C Cup easily.
24/25	B			4th		Lost in playoffs S/F
25/26	B			2nd		W7 D1 of last 8 matches. Automatic promotion.
26/27	A			13th		Flirted with relegation, but it never got inside our pants.
27/28	A			16th		Went backwards.
28/29	A			10th		Changed formation. Missed out on European qualification on last day.
29/30				5th		Dropped out of Champions League qualifying spot at the end, but still qualified for Europe for first time.

20200108154753_1.jpg

20200108154736_1.jpg

20200108154746_1.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

On 05/01/2020 at 14:35, XaW said:

Damn Rosenborg!

4FsOT56.png

I mean, he is crap, but the principle of stealing my kids!

I've been tracking my poached players.

For the first time this season, AFAIK, we faced one of our poached players. Well, he was on the bench. He's yet to make a first team appearance. He's about the only player we've had poached that would have even be good enough to earn a contract with us, and even that is borderline.

Hopefully we're big enough now that we'll never have a good player poached.

55 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I've been tracking my poached players.

For the first time this season, AFAIK, we faced one of our poached players. Well, he was on the bench. He's yet to make a first team appearance. He's about the only player we've had poached that would have even be good enough to earn a contract with us, and even that is borderline.

Hopefully we're big enough now that we'll never have a good player poached.

I'm tracking all the poached players, and all youth intake players, both the ones I sign and the rest to see if anyone does good elsewhere. I were thinking about doing a full roundup of all players, past and present and see how they have fared. Perhaps it's time...

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2050/51 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

With the combination of deep Cup and European runs, our small squad of effectively 16 first team players suffered a lot. With a lot of injuries and suspensions, it was often a case of playing whoever was fit (and not in a nightclub) on game day. Results suffered and we eventually sank to 17th.

LOSC were leading for most of the season and hopes were high that the PSG/Marseille dominance would be broken. Unfortunately they only had one draw from their last five games and it was business as usual for Marseille.

Marseille did a quadruple of winning the League, Cup, Champions Cup and Trophee de Champions titles. Andreas Boeckl top scored again with 31 and won his 11th consecutive World Player of the Year award. He is 33, so speculation is rife about who his successor might be.

Europe

We had a real adventure in our first dip into the Champions Cup. Napoli dominated our group with 6 wins from 6. We managed a win and a draw against LASK (who failed to score a single goal), plus a fantastic 2-1 come-from-behind victory at home to Real Madrid to finish 3rd in the group and get a chance in the Europa Cup.

We had a good run in the Europa Cup, reaching the semifinals with home advantage playing a big role. Chelsea eventually knocked us out 2-3 on aggregate (1-2a, 1-1h). The went on to beat fellow French team LOSC in the final.

The Players

Bryan Pham Ba had a slow season by his standards. He still top scored with 24 games, but this was from 56 games instead of the usual 40-odd.

Mehdi Slimani YP43b had the highest rating in the team.

Screve Makengo YP48a is the latest wonderkid to make the first team after successful loan spells with CS Sedan Ardennes and US Créteil-Lusitanos.

Our youth intake was the poorest of many seasons. I doubt any of the 'class of 51' will make the first team, but maybe I can sell them for a bit.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.b3b8c5b9a648f58e97c5254173a2e279.png