The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

I've been tracking my poached players.

For the first time this season, AFAIK, we faced one of our poached players. Well, he was on the bench. He's yet to make a first team appearance. He's about the only player we've had poached that would have even be good enough to earn a contract with us, and even that is borderline.

Hopefully we're big enough now that we'll never have a good player poached.

I've only had one player being poached. He went to Dinamo Zagreb and i think he was sold for £30 million to Napoli at the age of 18. Crazy good!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2026

One great player, one decent one, and a whole lot of meh....

gVUtou2.png

Tor Aouragh 26a is a very talented left back. Amazing mental stats and a professional personality. Get in the van, lad!

Lq3Dbvj.png

Anders Eikrem 26b is a promising striker. Lacks a bit in the finishing department, but pretty much everything else is good. Tries overhead kicks is a nice PPM.

ZcCwITo.png

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Season 2023/24 (4th Season)

Season Review:

As Noah Plume left our club we don't have a player good enough to play on a DM position. Thus we were obliged to change our formation from 4-1-4-1 to 4-4-2 which suits most of my youth players. With the new tactic, we started a season tremendously with two unexpected wins but the results that followed weren't so good as we couldn't find consistency we needed to be closer to the top half of the table. We finished a season 6 point above the relegation zone which is an okay result for our fairly young team. Some matches were very close and with better players, I think we could achieve a substantially better result. Anyway, the positive thing about this season is that we introduced several youth players and they played a fair amount of games.

The biggest disappointment this season in our team was Utku Kani. The player which scored 61 goals in the previous three seasons this year added only 9 goals to his tally. It seems that the tactic with 2 strikers doesn't suit him very well. His partner for the most of fixtures was Herbert Rösch. Our youth striker netted 9 goals as well and he was the biggest surprise this season.

vwGEWZN.png

Beside him, the player that excelled this season was Deniz Çiçek. Even though he didn't score many goals he represented added value to the team with his experiences and creativity. Unfortunately, he's in his 30's and he won't be able to play many seasons more at this level.

Finances:

Finances did decline again and our board gave us two times 600k € of financial injection in order to be able to operate day-to-day. Because of the financial status, we were not able to improve training nor youth facilities so they remain the same from the beginning of the challenge. This is frustrating as we don't get many good players from our youth academy. We will need to develop some players and sell them for a good price to improve our financial state and thus also our facilities.

Youth Academy:

Due to our adequate level of youth facilities we didn't get the high amount of players with good enough potential for our team. Therefore we offered a contract to only a two youths:

Aim for next Season:

Our biggest challenge for the next season will be again escape from the relegation. My biggest concern are still the finances and the lack of players able to play on a CB position. Although we have a good CB prospect in Ingo Rau we don't have any other youth player for this position so I hope to get at least one in the new season's candidates.

Edited by uroszila

1 hour ago, Fastbasher said:

Hmmmm..... It's going to be a creative backline in the next game, Which happens to be away to Marseille.

image.thumb.png.5f63ed8b66f6ac1e0b55c01b5946a0a2.png

Ouch! No youth players in defence ready to step up?

On 05/01/2020 at 20:36, vikeologist said:

A full international LITHUANIAN!

All the resources just increase your odds of getting good players.

My facilities are all as good as they can be, which maximises my chances of getting a great player, but in the end it just means that I hold lots of lottery tickets, but I haven't even come close to a jackpot as yet.

A full Lithuanian international who just scored against BELGIUM!

I guess he can't be that bad eh? ;)

1551732269_JgoalvsBelgium.thumb.PNG.865d2fb77d03b092a8a679f964996e36.PNG

21 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Most Gay Player - Corrado Varsallona YP8a

As well as being my most prolific striker, Corrado was also my first player (certainly in this save) to come out as gay.

Varsallona's a good player and all, but in our current contract negotiations he's demanding that this is how he enters the pitch every home match.

9 hours ago, thomas_e said:

I want to know how that game went :rolleyes:

Completely outplayed, but only damaged our goal difference by 2.

We had a semi injured Magne back playing as one centre back, our reserve DM playing as the other. Our second choice left wing playing as a left back and a kid playing right back.

image.thumb.png.8d3b4aa1f79f75aec82144ed64e84db4.png

1172855429_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.6816cfa5e8be73219904e48a2f4d0748.jpg

Season 2029 / 2030

11th in Serie A

League Table          Youth Intake           Transfer History

Another season mid table as expected. But this years youth intake was as good as I could dream of :) @vikeologist reports was actually very accurate :) 

Combined with last years intake I can now finally start to aim towards the top of the table.

Next season will be too early ofc but now I atleast have the talent to start dreaming.

20200109181855_1.thumb.jpg.d97f81060fcee9598ba4a2a77e041a2b.jpg

20200109181901_1.thumb.jpg.86896480dd8685740c93d7ff4a96c35b.jpg

GL ALL !! :) 

@pug 407: Thanks for the advice!

A small update at the beginning of our 5th season.

Firstly, we managed (I was forced) to sell our first player - by far our most promising talent and already our best player, the left winger Aaron Hunter. He was on a Youth Contract until the end of the season, so we could actually command a transfer fee for him.

I started out by protesting against a £40.000 (1 DKK ~= £10) offer from Larne, because I wanted a percentage of next sale clause:

20200111010035_1bcddac0e77d32783.jpg

But had I known that other clubs can just offer a contract to my youth players, I would have accepted the first offer!

20200111005825_1289b9081d9a33144.jpg

Now I am only due approx. £ 36.300, if he plays 40 matches for Larne and gets his international debut.

Based on our first two matches of the season, something has happened to our team. We are creating loads of chances with the same tactic used in previous years (thanks to @Rashidi for the tactic, as I am a tactical amoeba).

This is a big change, which I am really pleased about and contributing to the fact that our players are all a year older, but mainly to our excellent youth intakes of the last couple of years which have really increased the quality of our players. I am hoping, that we can cope without Aaron Hunter.

In the first league match of the season, we created an unprecedented 29 Shots with 15 on target:

20200111005854_11cf39b9fdd093d20.jpg

And in the second match we were robbed, creating 22 chances with 11 on target:

20200111005904_1b67237d52508eefa.jpg

This is on a completely other level than previous seasons, and I am hoping that we can keep this up, even without our best player Aaron Hunter.

I am positive regarding the future because of our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment both being at an Excellent level. So we should get plenty of promising talents in the coming years.

Best of luck to all of you! It is a joy to read about your progress!

Edited by andershs

LWxvkwq.png

Sad to see him go, but I kind of understand why the board sold him for that amount of cash. We are in a bit of a financial problems.

N2LaNMK.png

He is a good player though, so I would have kept him if I could. At least he left for a foreign club instead of Molde.

XaW - Follo Fotballklubb - 2026

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So after 9th last season, I hoped we could climb a bit higher this season. I managed to keep all players I wanted during the winter even if teams like Molde and Rosenborg hung around looking at a few of my players. The start of the season went pretty good as we continued to play in the 4-4-2 version I changed to last season. We were part of the top half and trotting along. After the small summer break we found some really good form and climbed a bit up the table and got into the fight for the European spots. Unfortunately, at that point we got into quite the injury crisis. Playing in this challenge makes it hard to have good backups, so we started to struggle a bit and lost quite a few games we should have gotten something out of. In the end we finished in a pretty decent 7th place in a pack just a bit behind the teams in the European spots.

In the Norgesmesterskap we beat Steinberg, Heming, Rosenborg, Kongsvinger, Sarpsborg 08 and Haugesund to reach the final. Here we beat Lillestrøm to retain the cup title and quality for the Europa League next season.

Speaking of Europe we had our first try there this season after we won the cup last year. We played in the Europa League and got put straight into the Playoff. We drew Royal Antwerp of Belgium as our opponent and only had to beat them to reach the group stage. In the home leg we drew 1-1, before beating them away 2-1 to go through. In the group stage we drew Napoli of Italy, Benfica of Portugal and Aberdeen of Scotland. Here we beat Aberdeen at home and drew away. We lost the rest except the final match when we managed 1-1 at home to Benfica. They were already qualified for the next round though, so they didn't play their best. So we finished 3rd in the group. As far as I know, I'm not qualified for anything in the Europa Conference, but who knows really...

Edit: Turns out I'm in the Europa Conference knockout round! Will update when it's finished. In the EL Conference we faced Olympiakos in the 1st knockout round. We narrowly lost 2-1 in Greece, and only managed 1-1 at home and got knocked out. Still, we showed we can fight with big teams in Europe, and that's encouraging.

The leading players this season have been Edison GjikokajJoakim Hording 24f and Mads Fredrik Sandnes 23f.

RB68l3Z.png

Edited by XaW

Weston-super-Mare: 2020/21 season review

First season done. I attempted to avoid using grey players to fill the match day squad and it nearly ended with relegation as I only had 13 players before the new intake :D

image.thumb.png.adb325a2c91930f7ebdd30c004b4ba0c.png

My sub keeper managed a few games outfield due to squad suspensions/injuries.

image.thumb.png.a525c3357c44ba92556628e26c446a35.png

New intake will at least bolster numbers if nothing else....

image.thumb.png.6d496bae4732e44a6bde5dc25f6dc219.png   image.thumb.png.36d96e5dc6eb07e393f53178e74410c8.png

Untitledn.thumb.png.44d203ab473fe37a05ecae7ecefd16cb.png

Edited by grff

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2051/52 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

Part 1 of the challenge complete. At the halfway stage Marseille had an eight point lead over PSG and we were a further two points back. Marseiile had a dramatic collapse in the second half of the season to drop to second place. PSG's collapse was just as dramatic, with perhaps greater consequences, as they failed to qualify for the Champions Cup.

Bryan Pham Ba YP39a was top scorer in Ligue 1 and 1st equal for the most man of the match awards. When he is in form, Annecy are in form.

Andreas Boeckl seems to have started his decline. At 34yrs old, he was only only 3rd top scorer in Ligue 1 and failed to win a 12th straight World Player of the Year award, coming runner up to his teammate Eddy Marchetti.

Rennes won the Euro Cup, giving France 5 teams in the Champions Cup next season. Nice won the French Cup to qualify for the Euro Cup.

The Players

Bryan Pham Ba YP39a had his most successful season to date. Top scoring in Ligue 1 and leading us to a title.

Ahmet Cinar YP46a is really coming of age, playing anywhere on the right side of the field.

We have a good first team now, but many of them are in their late 20s. After several poor youth intakes there is not much of a succession plan. We really need a decent intake. I'm thinking of changing my HOYD again.

Transfers

image.thumb.png.451f288690929b095ff35ba09538f73c.png

58 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

image.png.96420cf650761e691e2558be6f127549.png

2051/52 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 1

The League

Part 1 of the challenge complete.

Congrats on the title.

Are you the first to win the league this year?

Your links don't work for me, but Pham Ba must be in his thirties by now.

How are your finances? Are you swimming in money?

Edited by vikeologist

11 hours ago, OlivierL said:

@XaW congrats with the Europa  league  group stage. Royal Antwerp  is my team :) we are back irl after 13 seasons in the second division.  

Sorry I knocked them out then! ;)

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2027

Now this is an intake! Wow!

14A4ueQ.png

Alexander Raade Olsen 27c is simply amazing! The only thing I'm unsure of is if I should use him as a defender or a DM...

NvMFO0j.png

Even Spitalen 27b is a very promising midfielder. May be more suited to a winger role.

HdvjMdc.png

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Congrats on the title.

Are you the first to win the league this year?

Your links don't work for me, but Pham Ba must be in his thirties by now.

How are your finances? Are you swimming in money?

I don't know about the first question. I have a feeling someone else may have won one already.

Pham Ba is 29, turning 30 in March. He went into the first team at 16 due to being so much better than the rest early on. I guess the club stature rose at the right pace for him to stay with us as he developed.

He has 471 league appearance and 305 league goals. 542 appearance and 365 goals in all competitive matches.

Interestingly, the highest level of international play he reached was French U20s. I guess he was just under that level that the top teams wanted him.

Also, looking at his attributes, I think Benjamin Bernard is a better striker, but Pham Ba consistently performs better.

Finances have not been an issue for a long time. Currently have 134m gbp in the bank and a transfer budget of 220m gbp. The balance did top 160m at one point, but we've just paid tax, directors payout and a for a stadium expansion.

One huge change was when my chairman stopped selling out best players. We've not had a current player from our team called up to French senior squad yet. But there are usually 3-6 of our former players in the squad, which is a little bit frustrating.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2027

14A4ueQ.png

Alexander Raade Olsen 27c is simply amazing! The only thing I'm unsure of is if I should use him as a defender or a DM...

NvMFO0j.png

Even Spitalen 27b is a very promising midfielder. May be more suited to a winger role.

HdvjMdc.png

Wow ! send Olsen to iceland ! :)

Congrats @Fastbasher , i hope i'll join u soon in achieving the first part of this challenge. Great job !

Edited by OlivierL

2 hours ago, XaW said:

250px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Youth intake 2027

14A4ueQ.png

NvMFO0j.png

HdvjMdc.png

Olsen is incredible for a 17yr old youth intake. I'm guessing only a matter of time before he's considered a wonderkid.

Looks like he was meant to be a defender. But I'd quite happily use him as a DM if you don't have a good one there.

22 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Olsen is incredible for a 17yr old youth intake. I'm guessing only a matter of time before he's considered a wonderkid.

Looks like he was meant to be a defender. But I'd quite happily use him as a DM if you don't have a good one there.

Yeah, PSG have started sniffing.... so I doubt I can keep for very long.

I'm using him as a defender, but I really don't like short central defenders, and only 10 jumping.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Yeah, PSG have started sniffing.... so I doubt I can keep for very long.

I'm using him as a defender, but I really don't like short central defenders, and only 10 jumping.

Nooo........ don't let PSG take him!

I don't want him in the French league....... oh wait..... nevermind.

2 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Nooo........ don't let PSG take him!

I don't want him in the French league....... oh wait..... nevermind.

Haha, Tottenham are also watching him, so he could end up in England as well! I'm just hoping the board will get in a sell-on clause if they accept a bid over my head!

Our Champions League adventure ended, as expected, in the group stage. We managed to get three points, drawing both games against Feyenord and a fantastic 0-0 draw against Chelsea away. We played Chelsea away in the last game and unfortunately Feyenord managed to draw against PSG, despite having two players sent off. That gave them Europa League on goal difference. Our biggest loss came home against PSG, a depressing 0-7 loss! 

Oour U19 team managed to progress from the group stage which was very positive. 

1638586616_2020-01-1215_12_41-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ccbcebdbfa815b198f91f2740158a5c0.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 7 2026/2027

After a sixth season ending almost on a relegation, we started the new season with promising performances during the friendlies. This tendency was confirmed during the season, we left the top 10 only in the last days of the season. Indeed, the playoff spots were too far so i gave time to my youth players. In opposition of the previous season, i had one of the best defense of the league, but also one of the worst attack. The squad quality slowly increase, and for the first time i feel i can aim for the playoff spots in the next seasons.

20200112144743_1.thumb.jpg.593a4168368910d2cf2f8da5f462b7c4.jpg20200112144759_1.thumb.jpg.dcc2564a914db0296c89cd42bbd591ca.jpg

Decent runs in cups. Unfortunately, that's not enough to improve our finances. 

20200112144915_1.thumb.jpg.ebf2f5642c8506c02811fab5e339267a.jpg20200112144924_1.thumb.jpg.bb90c10ee673ea411a3abfd0605146f7.jpg

Looks like a good YT. A striker is my most promising prospect.

20200112015745_1.thumb.jpg.6573f3a370535a0e704b5fb7efd7258c.jpg20200112144947_1.thumb.jpg.684e03d3cbffa02416b73ce3138c470e.jpg

Aim for next season: Top 10, Try to improve our reputation/finances.

1314436192_Annotation2020-01-12153112.thumb.png.cb9708265ffc2baa1b6e60080903a2ea.png

During the whole save we have only gotten one player poached by another club before the youth intake. Antun Pejovic was picked up by Hajduk Split, and what a player he is. They sold him to Napoli for £20 million and now they received £31,5 million on a sell-on clause! What a loss this has been for us! 

2020-01-12 16_05_28-Football Manager 2020.jpg

2020-01-12 16_05_37-Football Manager 2020.jpg

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar Youth Intake 2031

A good youth intake for us! Hopefully CB Zvonimir Abramovic can become a first team starter in a few seasons. Andrea Mijatovic maybe has the best potential, but I also think the coaching staff is underestimating Nino Barac, I think he looks like a top prospect! 

2106893486_2020-01-1217_56_25-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.4c6bbe2f63e2d9c6cf6c078c851910ab.jpg   1216917187_2020-01-1217_56_37-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.901b4c79855471085cf871d317cbe61a.jpg

1473429958_2020-01-1217_56_47-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.522d84426aa38a5045e86f9433fba310.jpg   1034160104_2020-01-1217_57_02-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5c67a0d1420e8fd879b280842f788db7.jpg

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dulwich hamlet badge

Dulwich Hamlet 2018/19

I decided to go for this challenge on FM18. I picked Dulwich Hamlet. Billericay were available, but I thought it would probably be too easy to get promotion and I prefer a few years to settle in. First things first: I got pretty lucky in terms of the youth players who had appeared at the club before I came. Four of them were servicable, one of them is even very good. He just needs his finishing to go up a little if we want him to be a first teamer in the Vanamara South:

d04dqwY.png

Season review

CPvuewG.png

SdZHa3c.png

uo1Cffs.png

The first season went pretty well. Finished 6th after a pretty poor start, which led to me tweaking some tactics and playing with a DM instead of an AM. We took apart Hampton & Richmond in the first round of the play-offs in a 4-0 win, before Maidstone demolished us in the semi-finals. I'm not too unhappy with the play-off defeat though, as I'm pretty sure I would not be able to keep the Hamlet up at this moment. We were pretty inconsistent at times, particularly in the second half of the season where we did have a few disappointing draws and defeats. I'm not certain if that was because the opposition started to adapt to my tactics or if we were just poor. The FA Cup exit against Hungerford was a pretty poor result considering they got relegated with only 16 points. Though when you look at our Tranmere defeat in the FA Trophy, I doubt we'd have had a chance against any of the higher tier teams. 

2ffQiMQ.png

My colleagues recognize pure class when they see it. 

Squad Stats (end of 17/18 season)

6DX2GpA.png

Nyren Clunis influenced our game with goals and assists from right wing, but there's also a honourable mention for Tanashe 'Tanny' Abrahams. He came into the team after our first choice midfielder left in August and his replacement, Omar Koroma suffered a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Tanny was very consistent and constantly helped out the attack from central midfield. Muhammadu Faal has a very useful combination of height and pace that we will hopefully be able to use even more effectively next season. Sanchez Ming being ever-present shows how poor our defensive depth was. A pretty poor player, but we didn't have anyone else who could do a job at right-back. 

Reise Allassani started out making a lot of noise about wanting to leave, which led to me benching him for Thomas Moss. In January, Reise decided to stay, at which point he came back into the team and scored 14 from 22.  Moss faded from view a little bit after this, but with 33 apps (19 starts) he's got a bit of experience. Joe Williams and Nicholas Inniss got some minutes off the bench, but their attributes don't really suit any of their positions and I'm not sure they'll have a place in the team long-term. David Courtney was the first player from the youth intake who got to make his debut. He's a pretty decent left-back for his age, and with Woking already sniffing around for him I think we might have to keep a close eye on his contract. He does look pretty good and he'll be gradually slipping into the first team next season. 

Youth Intake and prospects

image.png

When it comes to the youth intake, HOYD Luther Blissett speaks of a 'golden generation'. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I did find four players who should get some minutes next season. It's just a pity literally everyone else in the youth intake was absolute trash (: Player screenshots in spoiler.

Spoiler

1c5MfvD.png

Brian Hewitt is a winger who probably needs a bit more pace before he can make an impact, but he should be a decent backup for a role we don't have many players for.

GockaOY.png

David Courtney, who I mentioned previously, is a talented left-back. He's got decent stats in most areas but needs to improve a lot on the mental side. We don't have any tutors to get his personality up to something better, so hopefully we'll just see some natural improvements. 

fDwjK7p.png

Emmanuel Gahadzikwa is a bit of an odd one. He's got a few good attributes, but he's a really weird mishmash. I doubt he'll be able to play any one role comfortably unless we see some big improvements to his mentals and physicals. 

mWSCvzD.png

George Canoville is one of those players who you hope you won't have to use. He's a towering centre-back who could hopefully take advantage of his sheer size and menacing play to keep opponents off the ball, because if he has to actually tackle of run he's wildly out of his depth. He'll be our 5th choice centre-back but should get some games in pre-season and off the bench. He can also play as a defensive forward and it could be argued his attributes suit that role best of all, but considering my other strikers, I'm not sure he'll get a look in at that position. 

Finances

yVcRqfd.png

Our finances are actually very impressive. I hadn't really played any (English) LLM games on FM so I'm not sure if the LLM finances model has just improved or if our 1200-man attendance is making us a lot of money, but at the very least we have a decent bank balance which allowed us to get in a pretty broad staff. 

---

From now on I'll update every half-season, so less of a infodump next time :)

Edited by PJHoutman88

I've been toying with the thought of abandoning my current save for a while since I don't really feel it, so to say. I just didn't get enough into it for whatever reason. I've had a couple of test saves running a bit here and there the last week to see if anything stuck and I actually think I've found a save I enjoy more. So I'll switch to that one for now. It's in Wales of all countries and I took a screenshot of my manager profile here.

I'm almost done with the first season, so I think I'll have the season summary tonight or tomorrow.

XaW - Caersws - 2020/21

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

I've been thinking about playing in Wales ever since I notice the 2nd tier was added, and here we are. I took over Caersws, mostly because I cannot fathom how to pronounce the name of the club. The team I took over only had a total of 18 players, and most of them were central defenders. So I had to do some retraining during the first season, but even so we did amazing throughout. We simply clicked from the get go and played great even if we were missing a right back and didn't have a backup goalkeeper. In the end we won and got promoted without much issue.

In the Welsh Cup we lost to Denbigh in the 1st round, while in the Welsh League Cup we beat Denbigh and Gap Connah's Quay before losing to Swansea Uni in the 3rd round.

We had a great intake this season, most likely that good because our current players aren't that good. Sean Lewis 21a, however, is a great player no matter.

The leading players this season have been Rhydian DaviesMark Edmondson and Dai Thomas.

GOoE8zV.png

So after contemplating this challenge for the past few years, I finally decided to give it a proper crack for the first time.

Burgess Hill Town FC used to be geographically the closest eligable team to me for these types of challenges, just 3 miles, so I'd always wanted to do this with them, however they are not in this year's edition due to being relegated last year.

Instead, I've opted for the extra bonus of trying to restore a team to its 'former glory', so here I am, based in the Sicily, as the new manager of Palermo!

Here's my profile.

I really hope I can give this a good go, even if the speed of my updates becomes inconsistent.

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2025 - youth intake

Preview :

6eae6e345f6bd0f6205de2f32ef7af97.png

A good centre back and a good striker are always welcome.

The intake :

ae6918d5868ca96806106d33d03ce64b.png

A great intake with a Sindri Sigurdsson with great CA but not a great personality. Not happy with the personalites that i got this time.

87c7056ed854c3fcc2416eb0d2985227.png

I'll sign 9 and retrain 3 of them.

Best prospects :

29def4a92927605ca39b18cd1020a334.png

6197499d21a8e46b247c2fae8ad36398.png

432470b2b4f8046dc550ff9937fe6c56.png

My star striker Santos was happy again after our europa league conference campaign (more information in the next update) and was on speaking terms to talk about a new contract (he still had two more years).. I interacted with the board because he wanted 10k/month and i only could offer 5k. They handled the negotiations and extened him till 2028 (no optional years)

3c6b0cc34f472323a04f5380a00b6c61.png

Edited by OlivierL

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar 

Season Summary 2030-2031

Champions of Croatia! 

10 years in the top division and we have finally won the title. After finishing runners-up the last two seasons I am not that surprised we managed to win it, but after losing Drazen Surbek, our star striker, last summer I thought we would need some more time to rebuild. It was the season when our best player Matko Dukadjin stepped up and delivered stunning performances the whole season. Playing as an AM (attack) in a 4-2-3-1 system he delievered 15 league goals and 10 assists. We faced title rival HNK Rijeka in the 33rd round of the season and it was always going to be a title decider. After going 1-0 down after just three minutes we managed to turn it around with two quick goals. Rijeka came back after 25 minutes to make it 2-2 and the game was an even affair well into the second half. The decider came after 84 minutes when Dukadjin got the ball on 35-40 yards. Faced with three defenders between him and the goal he smashes the ball into the top corner. Goal of the season in the title deciding game! What a moment!  

We beat Dinamo Zagred in the next game before securing the title in the 35th league round at home to relegated NK Lokomotiva with a 4-1 win. 

Next to Dukadjin, who was by far our best player, our left winger Frank Gabrijelic had a really good season. He struggles a bit in the first half of the season, but from January he was awesome. 11 goals and 6 assists in the last 19 games, he was a constant threat to the opposition. On the right wing we had Stipe Roguljic, who might not deliver fantastic performances, but he is always working hard for the team and rarely performes bad.

We had a decent Champions League, considering that every other team in the competition is better than ut. We lost our group, but draws against Feyenord home and away and a draw against Chelsea away is still good! 

We have some exciting players coming up and young RB Goran Bulat played his way into the team this year. Just 17 years old he has a bright future. On the opposite side of the defence we have Antonijo Bulas developing nicely. I usually dont loan out players before they are 18 but he played as a first team starter for top division side NK Varazdin after christmas and did really well. 

We have won the league and have exciting prospects coming up, but I am still thinking of quitting the challenge now and start up somewhere else. When players reach a certain level they refuse to sign contracts without buy-out clauses. And with even talented players being valued really low the buy-out clauses are really easy for top clubs to match. With that  pattern repeating itself I just dont see us competing the challenge by winning the Champions League. I completed the challenge in Spain last year, and even though it might be easier to win domestic trophies in smaller leagues, its difficult if not impossible to win the CL in a minor league. 

Anyway, I will continue the challenge in another league. 

Season Summary

1010892716_2020-01-1314_14_08-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.09c1be35a6ba39d4bcb4ef02355e062f.jpg     1037325296_2020-01-1314_15_14-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.af94545df0c4abce73b4fb561513d972.jpg    514785515_2020-01-1314_15_32-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.50cb9238b11bfa7b2b617801775e1d0f.jpg

Top Performers

1851634374_2020-01-1314_16_05-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.1db97d06c2bae6b201d2604ce6c9ccd9.jpg     774604008_2020-01-1314_17_15-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.7006b4453e3aaf8e2674de2ddd8a896c.jpg     738236427_2020-01-1314_17_34-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f64475c743b080e12e154e566437caf3.jpg

Top Talents

734470557_2020-01-1314_16_38-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.b826b8c4fd51cc62835e6cfc6dc8049d.jpg     1452456846_2020-01-1314_17_48-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.699274b537b740a358b6f98cade1de0a.jpg     1828857156_2020-01-1314_18_01-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ca169b359edc8ed17bdf346a58b789c6.jpg

Season	|   League                            |  Position |  League Cup   |        Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|   Druga Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   Promotion to top division first year
2021/22	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  2nd round    |         N/A	          |   Stayed in the league. Good first half of the season
2022/23	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   No improvement on last year, only worse finances
2023/24	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Another 7th place finish
2024/25	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  5th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Decent progress, finished just outside a European spot
2025/26	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  3rd      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A	          |   Great season, bronze medal and European spot
2026/27	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  6th      |  3rd round    |1 KO-stage Euro Cup II |   Good European season, average league performance
2027/28	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  5th      |  Qtr-final    |         N/A           |   Qualified for Europe, facilities upgraded
2028/29	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  2nd      |  Qtr-final    |1 KO-stage Euro Cup II |   Runner up in the league 
2029/30	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  2nd      |  Qtr-final    | EL 2nd Knockout Stage |   Runner up in the league, second year in a row
2030/31	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  2nd round    |     CL Group Stage    |   League winners! 

Edited by thomas_e

23 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great job Thomas_e . Winning the league and playing CL group stage is great.

No first team app - international players in your squad ?

Thanks @OlivierL

No one got any caps except for Drazen Surbek in his last season with me. But I think he only has the one cap! 

I think Dukadjin would have gotten a few caps in the near future, but the Croatian national team was really strong in my save. 

The board refused to allow me to get affiliated clubs to provide me with more players for our youth intake, so our squad was 100% Croatian. 

Btw, after we won the league the board were really dissapointed that we missed out on a element of our club vision: Develop the best youth academy in the country :rolleyes::rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Thanks @OlivierL

No one got any caps except for Drazen Surbek in his last season with me. But I think he only has the one cap! 

I think Dukadjin would have gotten a few caps in the near future, but the Croatian national team was really strong in my save. 

The board refused to allow me to get affiliated clubs to provide me with more players for our youth intake, so our squad was 100% Croatian. 

Btw, after we won the league the board were really dissapointed that we missed out on a element of our club vision: Develop the best youth academy in the country :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That last one is crazy, not realistic :)

Just now, OlivierL said:

That last one is crazy, not realistic :)

I know, it's terrible! I love Club Vision as a feature, but SI needs to adjust it so it becomes much more realistic than it is now. We are winning the league with 100% academy produced players, have the best youth facilities in the country and state of the art youth recrutiment and youth coaches... what more can i do! 

Weston-super-Mare: 2021/22 season review

Second season complete, which saw us flirt with the play-offs for a few weeks before going on a bad run, finishing 16th. Can't complain too much as it was an improvement on last season's 18th place finish.

1290268371_TABLE22.thumb.jpg.aa67799444d5d97a060cf7fa5d2405d8.jpg691631948_SQUAD22.thumb.jpg.4f776930ed6e625d517cd699a9e9b56a.jpg

Youth intake wasn't too bad. The standout recruit was this guy....

911618630_YOUTH22.thumb.jpg.d4d84929fdba9746f0a40a9304c35940.jpgimage.thumb.png.e7a696c382039fe2bc337267de708cc5.png

Unfortunately, lost my best player as he wouldn't sign a new contract. York had to pay compensation...

700569326_TRANSFERS22.thumb.jpg.2d71425c1659e87390863d9e3d2e490e.jpg

The board granted an increase in Youth and Junior coaching...

image.thumb.png.4a2fab1aa0bf1da4ea0bb268ff8935d6.png

Edited by grff

1027923642_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.967adac8ec3dd7f2d21bb69dee088c3a.jpg

Season 2030 / 2031

9th in Serie A

League Table        Youth Intake         Transfer History

Another season mid table but I have high expetations for next season. Preformance is looking very good especially against the top teams.

Prospects from the last couple of intakes I expect to start blossom this season and get me closer do the top teams.

Youth intake was just decent with a couple of players that might have a future in the senior squad. Domenico Persiani and Paolo Turi

20200113191343_1.thumb.jpg.cfc4120ca885e44e16d45c5e3535a600.jpg

GL ALL !!  :) 

2052/53 Annecy FC mid season update

Last years success was partially due to the collapses of PSG and Marseille. They are both back on top, but not running away with it. At 5th place, we are only 6pts from the top and within striking distance.

image.thumb.png.2b48416eafa9fdcabea58bade17c272f.png

Bryan Pham Ba is leading the scoring in Ligue 1, with Benjamin Bernard in 3rd.

Andreas Boeckl is in 13th= with only 7 goals. He has become a 245k p/w supersub.

image.png.5d8d4fcdfe2981f9af6e0d115591227b.png

In the Champions Cup, we were a top seed due to being French Champions. However the draw gave us two of the toughest 3rd and 4th seeds in Galatasaray and Villareal. This made for a very open group.

We made it to the knockout stages with a draw and loss to Arsenal and a win and draw each against the other two teams.

image.thumb.png.d37c59662a42400245022554f5607252.png

We've yet to play our first game in the French Cup.

As things stand, we are still in the running for a successful season in three competitions.

Quick update season 6 :

We are the first team from Iceland that get to the groupstage (on this save, i don't know how it really is in Iceland, @XaW ?

22cfdd8a29a2e6412457949e89ec83f8.png

we are rich !

67a1067febef054f179b0d2e24b78381.png

485b9dd9ad146b38eacf698cc2bc263f.png

and we are fighting for the title !

My youth coaching and youth recruitment were improved again !

Exceptional coaching and excellent youth recruitment !

Edited by OlivierL

club-dulwichhamlet-128x128.png

Dulwich Hamlet 2019/20 (mid-season update)

We're on our way to second consecutive play-offs place. Didn't quite expect we'd do this well, but things have quite simply been excellent compared to the quality in our squad.

League table 

Ig4IQAB.png

We've managed to cut out the draws we suffered from last season, which essentially puts us in a very comfortable position going into the second half of the season. The gap with 8th place is pretty wide and we should be able to hold on to a playoff place barring anything but a total collapse. The title is basically out of view unless we drop nothing in the remaining games, which I strongly doubt. Bromley and Chelmsford are in danger of back-to-back relegations, while newly promoted Hayes & Yeading are threatening the league leaders. Chesham and Farnborough, the other two promoted teams, look dead in the water. 

Fixtures

kf3QRGO.png

Our start was pretty inconsistent, with away defeats to Hemel Hempstead and Welling and a thrashing to home against Havant & W. Ever since then, however, we've bucked up our ideas and put together a pretty decent run, only recently marred by a series of defeats against St. Albans and Bishop's Stortford. We recovered, taking revenge on Hemel Hempstead and are coming up against whipping boys Chesham next, in an effort to restore morale after those defeats. 

The FA Cup went well, with a spectacular win over local rivals Tooting & Mitcham. Thomas Moss, our home-grown striker, put five past the Isthmian Premier side and followed up with a hattrick against Tonbridge Angels in the next qualifying round. We beat Chippenham to score a place in the 1st round proper, where we played our first competitive game against Football League opposition. Despite an early goal from Moss, putting his FA Cup total up to 9 for the season, we were no match for our fellow Londoners. 

The FA Trophy was less of a success, Whitehawk bounced back from the 5-1 hammering we gave them two weeks before and knocked us out in the 3rd qualifying round to the dismay of the board and our fans. 

Squad

XUfJjfZ.png

A few surprises for those of you who read my last post; Tanny Abrahams has been ever-present, though this is mostly because Omar Koroma has been injured all season. He's only recently recovered and his attributes have taken a sharp decline, so I am unsure how much longer he'll feature in our first 16. Joe Williams has been a revelation after I started giving him some playing time and holds a starting place for the forseeable future. David Courtney and Emmanual Gadhazike have had their fair share of playing time and are developing okay. Thomas Moss looks explosive, but it's important to remember 8 of his 13 goals came in FA Cup matches against lower-tier opposition. Instead, his starting place has been going to Dumebi Dumaka who did not score in 13 apps last season, but has been far more reliable this year. Reise Allassani has been suffering from unhappiness once again and is relegated to the bench when everyone is fit. 

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2034/35 Season Review

League Table    Youth Intake    Squad    Transfers

All right, we're not going down. Good enough for me!

Intense scheduling forced me to rotate more and Cull seized his chance. At 23 goals he's our best striker this season, ahead of even Atkins. Not a bad time to have your big breakout season! Honestly happy with most of the team considering the quality of players we're facing now. Every game feels like we're barely hanging in there.

I've been experimenting with training schedules now that we're F/T and finding it incredibly hard to nail a balance. Lighter intensity sure makes the season more manageable, but it's definitely noticeable on the progress curve. Not great long-term given what I need more than anything else right now is better players. Really hoping more youngsters can make the step up so I can keep the training intensity high and rotate without dropping so many points.

On that note, Driver and Eaton-Collins have been getting some minutes and mentoring, and I'm hoping the likes of Sambridge and Hughes can keep developing. Lots of potential in the youth teams but progress is still slow. May need to revisit that whole loaning out thing again soon...

From the youth intake, the coaches seem to agree Foley is the cream of the crop with Harris and Tring trailing closely behind. No one to get overly excited about just yet, if you ask me, but we'll see in time. For now, I suspect it's back to fending off relegation for one more season...

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2034/35   Sky Bet League Two  16th     -
2033/34   Vanarama National   1st      League winners
2032/33   Vanarama National   2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2031/32   Vanarama National   4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd, FA Trophy runners-up
2030/31   Vanarama National   7th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2029/30   Vanarama National   15th     -
2028/29   Vanarama National   10th     FA Trophy runners-up
2027/28   Vanarama North      1st      League winners
2026/27   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2025/26   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2024/25   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2023/24   Vanarama North      5th      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -

XaW - Caersws - 2021/22

peEskM8h_400x400.jpg

A nice, but very unexpected, promotion last season I were unsure how we would fare against the top tier teams. Turns out, there is a higher level, but not that big a difference. We still started very inconsistent though, as we both won and lost matches. Still, we were part of the lower part of the table. Going into the league split we were firmly part of the lower part. Still, then we found some form and won quite a lot of matches in the end finishing on top of the lower part. This lead us to play in the playoffs for the European spots. So in the semi final we faced Bala Town away and lost. So no European games for us next season. Still, no relegation either, so I'm very happy about the season.

In the Welsh Cup we beat Holywell before losing to Corwn in the 2nd round. In the Welsh League Cup we beat Swansea Uni and Llanelli Town before losing to STM Sports in the quarter final.

We had another great intake this season, but once again everyone have 5 star potential... The two most exciting ones are Matthew Oliver 22a and Alex Hughes 22b.

The leading players this season have been Rhydian DaviesCraig Whitfield and Dai Thomas.

lZM8PqB.png