The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

20 minutes ago, Cookie147 said:

Brickfield Rangers update: After two friendlies I am not feeling confident about a long stay here. I have 9 outfield players, and the only contract I can offer is non- contract. Further to that, the 9 outfield players are horrendousĀ :lol:

Keepgoing You can check my first season with Arkonia, it's quite hard half season before you got your first intake but then you start real game!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Keepgoing You can check my first season with Arkonia, it's quite hard half season before you got your first intake but then you start real game!

I'll hang on as long as possible. Just lost my first player on a free, so down to 8. When can you start offering part time contracts?Ā 

15 minutes ago, Cookie147 said:

I'll hang on as long as possible. Just lost my first player on a free, so down to 8. When can you start offering part time contracts?Ā 

When you turn semi-professional

1 minute ago, Cookie147 said:

That's what I thought, but the club is already semi pro. Very strange.Ā 

Actually game decide randomly when and if you can offer such contracts BUT that was also my mistake that I didn't saw where turn contract option. Players want to have amature contracts anyway so if you try to negotiate with them that will be default option for them. Over the wage of contract you have sign "Amature contract" you need to click it and from the rib pick semi-professional contrat. I learnt that after 3 seasons of losing players in new FM :D

3 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Actually game decide randomly when and if you can offer such contracts BUT that was also my mistake that I didn't saw where turn contract option. Players want to have amature contracts anyway so if you try to negotiate with them that will be default option for them. Over the wage of contract you have sign "Amature contract" you need to click it and from the rib pick semi-professional contrat. I learnt that after 3 seasons of losing players in new FM :D

Thanks for the info. I'll keep watching the contract screen then because at the moment there is not even an option for amateur or part time.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Cookie147 said:

That's what I thought, but the club is already semi pro. Very strange.Ā 

When I played in Wales I could give part time when I got promoted. Seems like the 2nd tier is mostly amateur contracts, at least when I played there it was.

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 23 2042-2043

A quite season, never in danger, sometimes close of play-offs spots. Overall a good season as we were able to ask again facilities upgrade. The management starts to be exhausting as we reach more than 30 staffs and 70 players.

1100600_20200611112238_1.thumb.png.f1964fbe87d8ffbbc5600b37ceca433a.png1100600_20200611112215_1.thumb.png.e860bfe8998ceb92bf91a9c4ccfcfafc.png

Nohting special in cups, we lost to two PL teams. Some loans, i will sell around 5 players in july to have a better price.

1100600_20200611112247_1.thumb.png.36ebb73285a77e6bbf6cf89161168318.png1100600_20200611112356_1.thumb.png.bc925950dca794626fe3cd2297e87842.png

A poor youth intake, no golden generation, poor personalites. At least the hot prospect is a striker, an area where i need some depth. Special mention to Skillen15a who won everything this year, best striker andĀ best player in Championship.

1100600_20200607122125_1.thumb.png.0d15c72c8ae0049aee1cb5daea0cd800.png1100600_20200611112508_1.thumb.png.2d8f87bd3190cf4ac06a95937055ab9b.png

1818965519_Annotation2020-06-11113042.thumb.png.ae5b3f8e34ce5aac50d50f317a9cba1e.png

Ā 

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while andĀ recently started theĀ challenge in Argentina, first season done -Ā finished mid-table in the second division. I've never managed outside Europe before, and there don't seem to be many who have tried this challenge outside Europe either, anyone got any tips/reasons to keep going in South America? Or any general advice on the Argentinian league as it's completely new to me! Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Anderz11 said:

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while andĀ recently started theĀ challenge in Argentina, first season done -Ā finished mid-table in the second division. I've never managed outside Europe before, and there don't seem to be many who have tried this challenge outside Europe either, anyone got any tips/reasons to keep going in South America? Or any general advice on the Argentinian league as it's completely new to me! Cheers!

Im not sure but it's becouse this challenge was orginaly only in Europe (there was sub topic's for other region's) then after some FM's challenge evolved into worldwide. It's for every country just keep calm and don't give up its hard proces to go :)Ā 

Edited by Sn00gle

XaW - Follo FK - 2026

1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Now, first things first, we survived again. Secondly, why oh why won't my board become professional. We are really struggling with fitness, and once again we finished the season horribly. At the start we do well, but the finish..

AC4MNl0.png

That's quite the slog! Especially conceding 18 goals in the last 4 matches. And I think we could solve it by letting the players train full time. And we still have a million in the bank, so why oh why do they refuse? We even had another takeover, and they still refuse. I forgot, there are annual votes so I get takeovers a plenty! Still, survival was key, and I hope I can continue to keep the team up in the top tier.

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Egersund, Ottestad and Haugesund before losing to Kristiansund on pens in the 4th round.

The youth previewĀ was promising again and the intake was as well.Ā Fredrik Tronstad 26c even became a regular in the team this season. And I really made an effort transferring over to more youth players this season, but we are having one key issue. We have very few good centre backs. So I can only hope for that to improve in the future. I've madeĀ Granit Thaqi 24c my first choice goalkeeper now, andĀ Eirik Wang 24b is considered one of our best players.Ā 

xNO7q0y.png

Coupe de France : Lyon ƩliminƩe par Epinal en 32e de finale

Ā 

Starting the challenge for the first time with the Stade AthlĆ©tique Spinalien in Epinal. Club that starts in Nationale 2 (4th tierĀ in France ) and that I have had the pleasure to work for IRL in the past. A team that is mostly know for a few nice runs in the Coupe de France, especially this year as they eliminated Lille and reached the quarter finals.

image.thumb.png.510cb986a56dbd9d44800a10964f4928.png

image.thumb.png.0d5be5b260d7f7d88d1c3b64a7ab3e5d.png

image.thumb.png.47a0fbd5780df90a68eb3a0b2056f4bc.png

Expected last, will be complicated especially as I have no central or attacking midfielder that is decent.

image.thumb.png.e631539cd7960eb739827c52b16e4542.png

PS. Hope it's fine for the Challenge (as 4th tier in FranceĀ isn't playable)Ā to start in the 3rd with this team. Please let me know.

Logo.png.94e1e7153bb2146e76425ddfcb0c1a9b.png

SEASON 01 - 2020/2021

JD CYMRU (North)

A really tough season, as the original players were not of a high quality and we were dipping in and out of the relegation zone all season. However, the players were superb all season, defying the odds to stay up with two games to spare.

683077305_LeagueTable.thumb.png.3f3f92392ba60d067e6153b045230629.png

My player of the season was Ryan Hudson, and basically his goals kept us up.

103054406_POYSRyanHudson.thumb.png.49bdf7c5afb7b34b8bd52a8c07c05b42.png

The youth intake arrived with three league games remaining. Such an improvement on my squad, and 4 or 5 of them went straight in to the first team for the final matches to help with the survival.

2038558079_YouthIntake.thumb.png.10f4b1dec307d4e637eadfe648af5d8e.png

The multiple 4/5 star potentials says a lot about the originals. However, very welcome. My favourite of the bunch is attacking left winger, Julian Jones.

402590029_JulianJones.thumb.png.f10625fe877efec58c3eced3eb394973.png

Financially, we're going to struggle for a while, as we've dipped into the red and losing about Ā£2k a month, so facilities upgrades will need to wait for a while, but I did manage to secure a National C Licence coaching badge.

Transfers:

Transfers.thumb.png.ada4e2ecb8bab793a60eb6d0589b5815.png

Ā 

XaW - Follo FK - 2027

1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

We survived! And I write this with relief, since it looked grim at times. We are really struggling not being a full-time club, and I continue to pester the board about it. We now have over 1.5 million in the bank, but we apparently still "can't afford going professional". So I've decided to not ask for any improvements to facilities or anything before we have gone pro, and then just try to survive in the mean time. On the positive side, a lot of youngsters are improving, but they could have improved so much more training full time. Anyway, this was the hardest season yet, but in the end we finished in 13th, just above the line for the relegation playoff.

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Furnes, Steinkjer, Moss and Brann before losing against Viking in the quarter finals.

We had another good youth preview, and the intake was quite good, albeit not as good as the previous ones.Ā Mads Solberg 27b is the one I think the most of. The team now consists of mostly youth players, with a few seniors here and there to help out. In thisĀ generally poorer season there haven't been that many standouts, butĀ Eirik Wang 24b is still improving and he is our best player at the moment.Ā Andreas Amundsen 25c also did well as our first choice goalkeeper.

FLQsgwQ.png

7 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Almost sounds like a bug? And if so, a game-breaking one.Ā 

Yeah, but I'll try to handle it, I think the board thinks the wages will be incredible high after going professional (and they could be right!). I'll give it at least a few more seasons and see. I think I became professional with the same team a while back, so it should be possible, I might just have a really dumb and annoying board...

Fotbolltransfers.com - Officiellt: IK Sleipner lƄnar Riki Cakic ...

League | Transfers | Facilities | Finance

Forgot to take a picture of the youth intake but was an amazing one! the best prospect is shown in top prospect but he is refusing to sign a contract so far

League an really good year! we looked so stable throughout the year and i think we are finally established in the league. many players now good enoughĀ for this level

Transfers as you can see we lost a bunch of people as our economy is getting worse and our youths better people like to steal them. Hopefully we canĀ earn a lot on the future 40% sell on fees

Facilities: Stands still because of economy

Finance: keeps loosing more than gaining but we are getting towards a more stable economy

Top Scorer: (09-A)Tommy Nilsson 8 Goals 25(2) Games Avg 7.02

Most Assists: (03-G)Simon Samuelsson 5 Assists 31(0) Games Avg 7.43

Best Average:Ā (03-G)Simon SamuelssonĀ 5 Goals 5 Assists 31(0) Games Avg 7.43

Top Prospect: (12A)Sebastian LƶnnĀ 0 Goals 0 Assists 5(0) Games Avg 6.54

62aba10a63a9641c3747f5161930ca77.png

Edited by Novafluff

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, but I'll try to handle it, I think the board thinks the wages will be incredible high after going professional (and they could be right!). I'll give it at least a few more seasons and see. I think I became professional with the same team a while back, so it should be possible, I might just have a really dumb and annoying board...

Yeah, maybe they are right. You are not allowed to play in Eliteserien without a pro contract in real life though. It doesn't have to be full time, but it has to be a professional contract.Ā 

24 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Yeah, maybe they are right. You are not allowed to play in Eliteserien without a pro contract in real life though. It doesn't have to be full time, but it has to be a professional contract.Ā 

Yeah, but my player do, albeit of part time deals. So I don't think it's a bug per se.

XaW - Follo FK - 2028

1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Another season, another couple of rejections to going full-time. Sigh... But, we had a much better season this time around and we finished on a record high 10th place! So things are going better, even without becoming full-time professionals. I also had a look at my team and I now only have 4 of the original players left as more or less first choices. In addition we also only have a couple of rotation options that are not from a youth intake. Our facilities are lowered once again though, as I save up for the board to let us go professional. Hopefully, some day...

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Skjetten, Varhaug and Jerv before losing to StrĆømsgodset in the 4th round.

The youth preview this year was a bit odd, another "golden generation", but the only positive is a lot of wingers...? Still, when the intake came around, we got some good players in. The one I rate most isĀ Kasper Skaug 28a. He actually got his debut in the final match of the season and scored, and that's promising.Ā Fredrik Tronstad 26c had a good season, although he still scores too few goals.Ā Eirik Wang 24b is still our best player, andĀ Mads Solberg 27b has become a part of the first 11.

O38xtFq.png

Ā Ā xja885.png

S7 ā€“ Liga NOS: Squad review

Building our way up, we achieved an absolute milestone in the clubs history. After the phenomenal season we had, finishing first in the Liga II Ledman and playing the cup final, I thought it would be a good idea to give an overview of our squad. These boys will have to keep us in the Liga NOS! I included both their stats at the intake date and how they are now. We all know how damn satisfactory progress looksā€¦ :D

Transfers

Not too much activity here, but thatā€™s a good thing in this challenge :D I was prepared for the worst case scenario as our leading midfielder Fortes almost left for FC Porto previous transfer window. I could convince the board to block the transfer they allowed in the first place, after which I set his asking price immediately at 20 mil. Clubs havenā€™t returned with a new offer ever sinceā€¦ Keeping him is vital for our relegation battle, so thereā€™s a delighted manager here. Ā 

Released Semedo which was to be expected from the very beginning he signed for us, Soares however wasnā€™t. I was very happy to get him in the intake and hoped he would be our back up striker for the coming years, but he had trouble catching up with the level. Santana got a permanent move to FC Vizela, kind of weird they wanted him since he only played one single game during his time on loan there. Some youngsters went out on loan too, see below.

Goalkeepers

First choice: Adilson Duarte (S3), was selected for the Liga II Ledman TOTS in our first season, goalkeeper of the season last year while he also grabbed the record for most clean sheets ever in the league (19). Selected twice for the Cape Verdean national team, but never got game time and changed his primary nationality to Portuguese for some reason. Italian Serie A teams Benevento & Spezia offered 35K for him, wellā€¦ No, thanks.

Spoiler
Spoiler

b3qhumccn.png

0e65c25117ddacf2ba31eea5d20e6778.png

Sub: Gelson Fernandes (S4), just returned after a very successful loan spell at Aguiar da Beira. They relegated from the 3rd tier, but Fernandes wasnā€™t the one to blame. Heā€™ll be our back-up goalie and will probably feature in the early stages of the cup(s).

Spoiler
Spoiler

ro327lrojjt.png

2f76a2f560aaff8a910e6faa32ab2f71.png

Out on loan: Carlos Manuel Gomes (S3), as heā€™s partially Dutch he is one of my personal favourites. The Holland under 20 international has been our back-up goalie the past few seasons, only playing in cup games. With Fernandes coming back stronger after a loan spell, I wanted to give Gomes the chance to be first choice somewhere. CD Mafra that just relegated out of the Liga II Ledman, seemed an excellent work environment for him. Ā Ivan Oliveira (S5) will spend this season at Mondinense, predicted to be one of the worst teams in the 3rd division. As he turned 18, I want him to play although I doubt heā€™ll ever make it into our first team.

Spoiler
Spoiler

ss2qlj4km.png4yrdaf9rs.png

cb3c07155441600e0c047d33a8a6e9ec.png8e970e85f2aab8574acff6f3b37291b3.png

DefendersFirst choices: Marilson Silva (S1) has been our attacking minded right back from the second year on, I rely on him heavily. Might not be the best full back defensive wise, but he possesses a fair amount of pace which covers up a lot. Very important in our glorious season last year, providing 8 assists as a right back isnā€™t too bad. Adilson Spencer (S4), also had a very solid season with an average rating of 7.01. He often switched between the starting XI and substitutes, perhaps even because of his versality, but will now commence as one of our first choices. Love these kind of versatile players, as do some other clubs it seems: he received offers from GD Chaves, Estoril Praia & CD Nacional this summer. Emerson Sousa (S5) serves as our ball-playing defender and immediately stood his ground. I predict him to have a very bright future. Some bigger clubs were sniffing around, but there havenā€™t been any offers the board would consider. Letā€™s hope it stays that way, Sousaā€™s arguably already our best defender. Ƃngelo Mendes (S4) is the final chain in our defence. Decent full back for our standards, not the slowest of the bunch.

Spoiler
Spoiler

9gb06zfz.pngnd03dzoez.pngww4eylaw.png2snf2dku7x.png

1330d45b308bcf7cec67cdb9d7d9d4ce.png4bcd1af6d59389b36c665d4847b9e194.pnge86147da9bea1fb3a559739f968d47a0.png9cbe2af51c9d9edca6a99d3680b09f03.png

Subs CB: Julio Manuel Lopes (S4) our tall guy who doesnā€™t know how to head the ballā€¦ Apart from that, heā€™s an interesting prospect. Had a good season last year and will now serve as first back up for the central defenders, as well as defensive midfielder. JosĆ© Gomes (S1), nothing too special but a decent player to have as a stand in. Heā€™s been with us for quite a while now and came out as gay last year. As a matter of fact, that is probably the reason I kept him around for at least one more season. Positive discrimination, or something ;)Ā 

Spoiler
Spoiler

yxwwbpb6d7qyl.pngwwy2ldsf3.png

2d97c4943f7f20a4faee94eea713a98a.png8f2b0093746e78ca39816c61287c699c.png

Subs DL/DR: Danilson Gomes (S6) had some bad luck getting a 4 monthsā€™ injury right after we signed him so he still needs some time to recover and earn back some match experience. Vitoria de Guimaraes offered 150K on deadline day but I have no intention of letting him go, of course. Davy Mendes (S6) is the other full back of last yearā€™s intake and has the difficult task to compete with Silva. Both him and Gomes are actually already the first options behind our starting full backs, so they will be involved often. Luis Sanches (S3) looked like a promising prospect when he first arrived at the club, but never lived up to his potential. As heā€™s either footed and capable at both sides, itā€™s quite a shame he didnā€™t develop the way he was deemed to by our staff. Gomes & Mendes have priority over him.

Spoiler
Spoiler

deaw8milvq.png6noahss9.pngxuvh8t.png

6ccbe392fd00fadee842695d23094d6b.png50e79207904735dbedf7243a17f6f0f6.png0ecec62e924ad5b4bfc990b458834911.png

Midfield

First choices: Ivan Costa (S1) solid defensive mid who became our captain as from last season. He grew into a team leader, on the field as well as outside the pitch. I absolutely love the progress he made, his marking and passing are considerably better now while his mental stats have really blown in the air. Elton Andrade (S1), next to Costa and Silva heā€™s the third starting player from our first intake. The kind of player that never really excels, but doesnā€™t disappoint. Ā Wilson Fortes (S5) is our third and most important prospect in midfield. Heā€™s our best player by far and improving a lot. Itā€™s not a question if, but when we are going to lose him to a top team. Recently made his international debut, been given 7ā€™ against Tunisia and 14ā€™ against Togo in which he scored and won Cape Verde the game.

Spoiler
Spoiler

wy0gkcfnky.pngna96k4aq0s.pngq36olll.png

e26c2aad75d8f629028c456ab9cb37ad.pngf955676f7377ef33d321b07511b9dd5b.pngfb59ef7a85a340951e5a55e1b1bf38a1.png

Subs: Danilson Almeida (S4), sort of a late bloomer, although thatā€™s not quite fair to say considering heā€™s still only 19. My staff never knew how to estimate his potential, but I like how this kid turned out. Heā€™s our back up central midfielder if something happens to Andrade or Fortes and is really knocking on the first teams door. Tito (S0) our only original player left, captain and star player in the 3rd division and still had a crucial role in our first Liga II Ledman season. Heā€™s not the player he used to be anymore, but if someone deserves to be around it is him. I renewed his deal for one more year.

Spoiler
Spoiler

l8btvw0e6.png

9bfb3c8c3b213c3deaa3197ff506c5ac.png19353dce4d54a33eab88a44d7653a5ff.png

Wingers

First choices: Djaniny Baessa (S4), originally a striker but since we have Carvalho there and because of his poor finishing, he was retrained as an inside forward. Best choice I could make, he has the ideal profile: left footed, pace, technique,ā€¦ Was vital to our promotion with 11 goals and 5 assists. Ailton Duarte (S4) our left winger, outdone himself and might be the example of how young players can improve when given much game time. Didnā€™t expect him to become the decent winger he is now.

Spoiler
Spoiler

m6mr7rmi6fq.pngm09isbp1.png

ba3a6e48a00ecdc53c4eff364125f2bf.pngeb5da1e61bb7293d86b3a27348cbb590.png

Subs: Flavio Reis (S3) big difference in quality with Baessa and Duarte, although heā€™s the first choice behind them. Bruno Cabral (S3) if you asked me when we first got him in our intake, Iā€™d say Cabral would be a future key player. He played an awful lot of games, but showed literally no improvement at all. However heā€™s still an important player to us as we donā€™t have that many wingers around. Adilson Santos (S5), a bit under the radar. Helps us when needed.

Spoiler
Spoiler

a9xlyi7945z7.pngp1t5bdqn.pngmzzsxu.png

da87b3a546691e19355efc78e6781d01.png11028b6a4b4f684977fa000e4e077374.png81cef2f65451569a4a35a757d4a5f2a7.png

Out on loan: Davy Lopes (S4), wasnā€™t that fond of him from the very start and he never really showed any progress. Nothing special apart from his physical attributes. Heā€™ll get a chance to prove heā€™s worth something at AtlĆ©tico CP, otherwise his youth contract will not be renewed at the end of this season.

Spoiler
Spoiler

28ag2nxebvib8.png

6f5d3ab9769ebae60a17319a3d2433d3.png

Striker

First choice: Rui Carvalho (S2) won the award for Young POTS & POTS last season during which he was really consistent, being the top scorer in the Liga II Ledman with 23 goals. Heā€™s the reason I love this game, heā€™s the reason I love this challenge. Already an icon at the club, never really showed interest in leaving us and has been carrying the team for a long, long time now. Top scorer the past 4 season, highest average rating in those years as well.Ā Note to future self: keep him at the club until heā€™s too old to run.

Spoiler
Spoiler

fz1kolc0xsaqy.png

f2ab71b1a72b7a6080d9d677980d5eb1.png

Sub: Carlos Garcia (S5), heā€™s rather unfortunate having to compete against Carvalho. I try to give him as much minutes as I can, but thereā€™s just no way around our legendary striker. That being said, Garcia is an ideal option up front and serves well as his back up.

Spoiler
Spoiler

cm6k1jqdol9mt.png

ab3a916362e6bee5e163a1265cff8518.png

Ā 

Ā 

Site officiel du SAS Football Epinal - PROGRAMME VACANCES ...

Stade AthlƩtique Spinalien

LasTerrenas34 - Season 2020-2021

Ā 

image.thumb.png.1dade88c8fd558933b2d053f64c85629.png

Ā 

Transfers - Squad - Facilities - Youth Intake - Finances

Ā 

It was a complicated first season, was unable to make the connection between my two decent strikers work. Had a good run in febuary-mars that allowed us to get to mid-table before ending the season badly once we had attained our goal to avoid relegation.

My chairman sold a promising midfielder for 63k which did hurt. The youth intake was more than decent with a striker and a central defender who should be able to make it to at least a second division level in the coming years.

The cup ended quickly as we were drawn away at Nantes who was top of Ligue 2. Horrible 5-0 defeat, not much more we could've done.

Most importantly, youth coaching and youth recruitment were both upgraded. The board had agree to upgrade the youth facilities before cancelling it.

Best goal scorer : Alpha Kubota-SawanehĀ (11 goals)

Most assist : Jean-Phillipe Krasso (6 assists)

Best average rating : Mickael Biron (7.01)

image.thumb.png.cd774d29423081f6b28205feacf6d74d.png

Ā 

XaW - Follo FK - 2029

1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

So, we turned professional at the end of last season, so I had hopes of a much better season this time around. And, well, we didn't. I mean, we did great the first half, but we really fell apart after the summer break and I have no idea why. I mean, REALLY fell apart, before the break we had 8 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Pretty damn good. After the break? 2 wins, 3 draws and 11 losses. So, yeah, that's not good at all. My main concern is why it's happening, and I *think* that the mentality of the team is really fragile. As soon as we lose a few on the bounce, all hope is ended and I'm pretty much dealing with emo's all over the place. So I hope this will improve as the players gets a bit older, but we'll see. Still, because of the good start we ended in a decent 11th place this season.

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Storm and Sotra before losing to Rosenborg on pens in the 3rd round.

The youth previewĀ was pretty good this time, and the intake itself followed up. The one I think looks best of them isĀ Ole Marius Karlsen 29c.Ā Fredrik Tronstad 26c had another good season, but still scores too few goals.Ā Kristian Sunde 25j had a good season in defence, whileĀ Hans Petter Skjelvik 27a is emerging as a really good midfielder.

Tragito.png

fb2f2f5dff3d3958630fa850aac8dfd8.png

No, just no. Stay the hell away from Fortes! I don't think he would still consider a move to FC Porto now...Ā :eek:Ā His asking price is going to 25 million, let's scare those folks away.

Guess we will enjoy his stay here while it lasts. I have a feeling my board will accept the very first offer anyĀ of these clubs make and I can't stop them this time.

Edited by Armeniar

4 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

Does anyone know the French reset date? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The new season starts on June 19th.

However (I think because of the unplayable Nationale 2) you have to start all over everytime if you want new teams promoted. Unlike the other leagues saving to mid-may and moving forward won't get you new teams promoted.

Just now, Cookie147 said:

OMG! Did your laptop survive?Ā 

Yes, but only because it's quite new.... if it was my old one it might have had an unfortunate encounter with the wall...

Logo.png.3c2c0740bce69e6ad7d274eb844acc72.png

SEASON 2 - 2021/22

JD CYMRU (North)

A massive improvement from last season in terms of squad ability, as several of last seasons youth intake were drafted straight in to the firm team for this season. Whilst we didn't improve vastly in terms of league position (two higher than last year) we were never struggling in a relegation dog fight.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE:

1731739361_LeagueTable.thumb.png.f2970b2fbbc6130f0cbf84c389fdf80a.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

The managers player of the season was 'original' Liam Schofield:

1448156621_LiamSchofield.thumb.png.5097433fba55b0f3f055830adfef6151.png

The best of players to come through the youth system in central defender Robert Hudson YP01H:

864514258_RobertHudsonYP01H.thumb.png.e63ab16c9020ec57f0eedc51def1d0f0.png

YOUTH INTAKE

Another decent youth intake, with three of theĀ standout players coming through in key positions that I need:

30722656_YouthIntake.thumb.png.427e4aafd47bd2b257a4ac7e27a33348.png

Introducing Meilir Porter YP02A, Gethin Culshaw YP02B and Ryan Thomas YP02F.

1101537601_MeilirPorter.thumb.png.45c80a03caf9eab627403c53c18d82df.png

1705050844_GethinCulshaw.thumb.png.922da4efc31463d2f5296f41b6c5a418.png

325403319_RyanThomas.thumb.png.9888adb8a4808aa348c5a71639e4b219.pngĀ 

IMPROVEMENTS:

The only improvement I was allowed was in the junior coaching budget as our finances worsen this year. However, I'll take anything at the moment. I'm still unable to offer any sort of part-time contract to players, and I'm amazed that more haven't been poached. Only a right back who wasn't a regular starter, so no biggie!

TRANSFERS:

Transfers.thumb.png.80ca5a84c0d3230b290a1bcff4880ef5.png

PROGRESS:

Progress.thumb.png.3c5dafe2eac11eb70e63db83ea79c1d8.png

Ā 

Hi everyone, I recently visited this forum looking for cool challenges to try and now here I am trying what appears to be one of the hardest. I was initially going to try with a Dutch club but there's some weird thing about promotion to the Eerste Divisie for the next few years so I changed to Germany.Ā 

Ā 

1200px-Rot-Weiss_Essen_logo_svg.thumb.png.dc3a34206151460aea53843496bb4211.png

Ā 

Rot-Weiss Essen. A club that was founded on my birthday (they're a bit older than me), and made Pele an honorary member in 2005. They have been crowned the best team in Germany once, in 1955. This was 8 years before it became known as the Bundesliga. They also won the DFB-Pokal the year it was re-introduced into German football, 1952-3. Their most famous player is Helmut Rahn, who scored the winning goal in the 1954 World Cup final. He was born in Essen and played for RW Essen for 8-9 years, during which they won the above honours.

Hailing from the city of Essen, RWĀ Essen play at the 20,650 capacity Stadion Essen. They have been no higher than the Regionalliga West since 2007-08. They have decentĀ facilitiesĀ and healthyĀ finances. The first-teamĀ squadĀ looks strong, while the board aim is mid-table and continuin to be an established 3. Liga team for the forseeable future. There are 7Ā newgensĀ already in the U19s and the 2 with the best potential have gone straight into the first team squad to start getting bits of experience.Ā Bernd NorfĀ andĀ Przemyslaw Bursztyn.

ManagerĀ profileĀ as requested in challenge post.

XaW - Follo FK - 2030

1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

I think we are slowly turning things around now. Going professional before last season helped a lot, and the players are also improving very well now that they can train full time. For the first time ever, we finished on the top half, just barely, but still on the top half. The league was really close this season, as evident by the fact that a team with 30 points entered the relegation playoff. Last season a team with 27 was safe by 6 points! So, we are clearly becoming better and more suitable to avoid the drop. Still, there are issues with the team and we are very unbalanced. Central defenders and defensive midfielders are really lacking. And I'm even thinking about changing my preferred 4-5-1 with a DM over to something without a DM to allow me to play better players. Perhaps a 4-5-1 with 3 central midfielders, it's something to think about at any rate. This season were a very good one, and I hope we can keep this up.

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Ull/Kisa, Harstad, Odd, BodĆø/Glimt, Ranheim and VĆ„lerenga to reach our first final. That is, since the team did it in 2010 when they surprised everyone with a good run. Follo lost 2-0 to StrĆømsgodset that time. We faced LillestrĆøm, who had just won the league. They controlled most of the game, while we tried to hit them on the counter. We held firm for the most part, and even had a few chances we could have scored on. The time was about to run out when we got awarded a penalty in the 91st minute! Albanian supermanĀ Edison Gjikokaj stepped up and slotted it into the net and we only had to hold on a short while before we could celebrate the first cup win in the history of the club! And, it means we are heading into Europe next season as well!

The youth previewĀ was promising this season around, but still nothing in terms of defenders or DMs. When the intake came around we did get a defender, but even if the coaches rated him, I didn't as much. Rather, I ratedĀ Georg Alme 30a as the best one.

And, I was quite right. I picked Georg Alme 30aĀ into the first team and before long he was a regular in the squad, playing most of our games.Ā Fredrik Tronstad 26c had a better season this time around and scored much more than in his previous seasons.Ā Eirik Wang 24b keeps doing well in midfield andĀ Gisle Grimstad 29e have emerged as one to watch as well.

dYEnwJu.png

NK Zadar: 2074/75 season review

A heartbreaking end to the season as we were pipped to the title after Hajduk scored an 88th minute goal in their game. Our new owners are far from happy with the 3 year trophy drought which leaves me with a rating of F. The pressure is on to secure silverware. The CL campaign ended in the first round knockouts as we were dumped out by PSG.

535140898_comps75.thumb.png.f4f9ee415ac7d3fd5b0afc9de32741ee.png

The squad stats have improved as some of the younger squad delivered.

2008300435_squad75.thumb.png.d6166766b9b71ebb4fa7dfc00d9f6446.png

Youth intake saw a couple of promising players come through.

1800177368_youth75.thumb.png.c7f1355ef5b252d47deeb232790005ad.png

Transfers.

125675808_transfers75.thumb.png.89c31d9280c2af5b403c2c2c4702e6d9.png

A new stadium is on the way.

1006497421_stadium75.thumb.png.10c7d1b04d66ed3b10f590a4e9c166bb.png

2111276111_stats75.thumb.png.de2aa013c0a7f33caa7a44a1ce358e72.png

Season Review & Youth Intake 2032

League|Transfers|Facilities|Finance|Youth Intake

Youth intake we got our most promising guy to date here! An striker which has really nice stats overall and he were willing to sign a contract as well! hopefully he can be a top scorer for us next season! other than him it were overall an really nice intake!

The season was a step back from last! even though we just survived not having to play relegation playoff we where actually never on those spots so i didn't feel to nervous. Need to step up next season! but if we get to keep most of our guys we got osmething good going on!

Transfers: We lost Sebastian Lƶnn last years biggest intake that refused to sign a contract for us and he went to play in tier 1 we also lost our first striker Erik Lundqvist and our most promising central defender Oscar Olausson but it brought in some much needed money for the club

Facilities: still standing still as we try to hold our economy together

Finance: Still plus but we need to improve and get to tier 1 soon!

Top Scorer: (11-E)Michael Hallin 7 Goals 26(0) Games Avg 6.85
Most Assists: (03-G)Simon SamuelssonĀ 7 Assists 29(0) Games Avg 7.26

Best Average:Ā (03-G)Simon SamuelssonĀ 1 Goal 7 Assists 29(0) Games Avg 7.26Ā 

Top Prospect: (13-A)Samuel Wiking 0 Goals 0 Assists 5(0) Games Avg 6.54

e98a13f0644095a8bb7df38aae3e3422.png

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

This bloody chairman....

URVZgZk.png

LDOqNUR.png

I know the feeling my chairman as we are still semi pro keeps selling my best players for 30k pound all the time.... then they go and dominate in tier 1 after 1-2 seasons

5 minutes ago, Novafluff said:

I know the feeling my chairman as we are still semi pro keeps selling my best players for 30k pound all the time.... then they go and dominate in tier 1 after 1-2 seasons

Yeah, I think he will be REALLY good... and the money weren't even all that...

XaW - Follo FK - 2031

Ā ex1200px-Follo_FK.svg.png

Ahh, much better now. Since I have had a distinct lack of defensive midfielders, I turned my 4-5-1 into a 4-4-1-1. Mostly the same roles, but it worked much better with the current squad. And it shows in the league. Now, there have been a drastically changed in the league the last years and there is now a clear top 3. LillestrĆøm, VĆ„lerenga and Rosenborg are way ahead of the rest. I mean, look at the goal difference int he league. The top three had +52, +50 and +41 in goal difference. Other than Molde with +22, we with +1 and 6th placed Viking with +3 everyone else is far in the negative. And the three teams at the top had all a high enough points total to win the league just about every other season. I think my team is getting pretty good, but I'm really struggling against those teams. Against LillestrĆøm we lost 1-3 and 0-4, against VĆ„lerenga we lost 0-4 and 1-5 and against Rosenborg we lost 1-3 and 0-4. So I'm not just getting beat, I'm getting smashed! Luckily, the same goes for the rest of the teams other than Molde who are just about the only team outside the top 3 that have any chance. Still, I'll take a 5th place!

In the Norwegian Cup we beat Randaberg, Asker, Ull/Kisa, HĆødd, LillestrĆøm and KFUM Oslo to reach the final. Here we beat Rosenborg 1-0 to take our 2nd cup title and enter Europe again next season.

Oh, and with the cup win last season we were in the Europa League this season. We beat UkrainiansĀ FC Oleksandriya in the playoffs to reach the group stage. Here we faced Lille of France, FC Midtjylland of Denmark and Fiorentina of Italy, a pretty tough group. We did beat FC Midtjylland away, and drew at home against them, as well as home to Lille and Fiorentina. Even so, we finished bottom of our group and got knocked out.

So, I'm bringing back the map and we have visited Ukraine, France, Denmark and Italy so far.

CZs1uyS.png

The youth previewĀ finally hinted at centre backs, so I had hopes we could get some useful defenders. And we did when the intake came around, two in fact.Ā Bjarte MĆøller 31a went straight into the main squad and got a lot of matches throughout the season. One of the best players in the squad this season has beenĀ Gisle Grimstad 29e. He is now the first choice striker and scored quite a lot.Ā Hans Petter Skjelvik 27a also did great in midfield and contributed with a lot of goals, just ahead ofĀ Eirik Wang 24b.

pDzdTdU.png

6 hours ago, darren1983 said:

As a flip to that :DĀ 

Capture.thumb.PNG.7ebd2d4ecc9a82e06f09235c99d5e492.PNG

We did deserve something from the game but I'd have needed a new laptop I think if it was the other way around :DĀ 

Nice! I've had a few of those for my side as well, but to get that against me... man, my blood was boiling!Ā :D

Season Review & Youth Intake 2033

League | Transfers| Facilities| Finance

Youth intake saw yet another good striker prospect coming through! which is good as we might have a hard time holding on to WIking even though he had a bad season this year. Overall an okay intake were we sign 6 of the players

We are a real up and down team! this year we were fighting for promotion instead of relegation! but we ended up short finishing 4th. 3 points from promotion playoff! hopefully we don't loose to many players next season and we can have another go at promotion!

Transfers:Ā  Our highest selling season so far! but the difference here is that only two of the sales where sales i didn't wanna do loosing a good prospect cd and a striker the rest where players that had potential but not enough to ever really make it in our team so i cashed in instead and hope on sell on fees.

Facilities: stands still as economy is still not stable

Finance: went up a bit mainly because of higher prize money because of our high finish!Ā 

Top Scorer: (11-O)Martin Hallin 6 Goals 30(0) Games Avg 6.91

Most Assists: (03-G)Simon SamuelssonĀ 5 Assists 27(2) Games Avg 7.48

Best AverageĀ (03-G)Simon SamuelssonĀ 5 Goals 5 Assists 27(2) Games Avg 7.48

Top Prospect: (13-A)Samuel WikingĀ 5 Goals 1 Assists 25(2) Games Avg 6.85

Season history coming later

Ā 

Ā 

And a 3rd player sold by my board this season. Again good money (6.75m) but I do wish they would stop selling the only players with Premier League potential :mad:Ā 

Hopefully we have a new general manager after elections this summer as this current one I really dislike. Selling players is one thing but not allowing me to use the money to upgrade is really annoying me

510621723_PanagiotisPierettis_Profile.thumb.png.11eca183eff60a53c0b21b53b6926ec5.png

Logo.png.ec61cf5494f6694ccadaa74c0569b1ed.png

SEASON 3 - 2022/23

JD CYMRU (North)

Another season of improving with most of my first team now coming through from the youth system. It was nice to have a season whereĀ I was not concerned in the slightest with relegation, and although I started with 4 wins from 4, I was happy with a full season sitting in the very middle of the table, which is where we finished. A solid 8th place. We also made out furthest run in the Nathaniel MG Cup, reaching the 3rd Round, only losing 3-2 to the eventual Premier League winners, Connah's Quay Nomads.

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE:

1961607230_LeagueTable.thumb.png.e0c243ce45b88446e49d9c758b53f6b2.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

The club player of the season was a player from our youth system, for the first time. Robert Hudson (YP01H), was solid in defence throughout the whole season, and even chipped in with 5 goals. The problem I have next season is that I potentially have two better centre backs coming through. Tough decisions.

2034375353_RobertHudsonYP01H.thumb.png.267d5e668c86a4889cac99cb27ba81ab.png

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON:

Other that Robert above, our best youth player coming through was his centre back partner, Gethin Culshaw (YP02B). Only 18, but established in the first eleven and a danger at corners.

356088696_GethinCulshawYP02B.thumb.png.3377217b7935970b99bbb8a2bd5aaa39.png

YOUTH INTAKE:

Another decent crop of players, but I need to start letting some go, as I have the full quota from all three seasons. I'll spend some time in the off season releasing some of these, as well as the older players that are no longer setting game time. Luckily, no one is on contracts, so this hasn't been costing me anything keeping them around.

1593943684_YouthIntake.thumb.png.8bb839ed0b41db40717cd7f16e5adbdc.png

Both Ben Renyolds (YP03A), and Morgan Gibson (YP03B) will potential come straight into the first eleven next season, but bringing in Ben will probably mean dropping out player of the season.

416468286_BenReynoldsYP03A.thumb.png.f4a188ebf03f82ee2ce5b129119c50e1.png

1289177778_MorganGibsonYP03B.thumb.png.a472bcb55c6dba0fa6579942a25f54e6.png

IMPROVEMENTS:

I managed to convince our chairman to improve the youth recruitment, our first major upgrade. Hopefully this pay's off in the next couple of seasons. Finances are 25k in the red, so I'm not expecting any other upgrades in the near future.

1358899587_YouthRecruitment.thumb.png.ec6173f937b42cd0a369e23d0d9c56ce.png

Finally....

....I played this team in a friendly! Could it be the team with the longest name in the entire game?

Friendly.thumb.png.0083c8485856e3a8e3b4211c1f389d64.png

PROGRESS:

Progress.thumb.png.0a41a86e1974ba493526e5868122a12d.png

EDIT: Forgot to include transfers:

Transfers.thumb.png.cfde917099f254eaac9e7e4a985565b1.png

Ā 

Edited by Cookie147
Forgot to add transfers

Failed. After a decent start in August, a run of 5 straight defeats and 2 draws saw me sacked in october. The two best players received bids which I rejected, then the squad were unhappy I didn't allow either to leave. So I sold both and the squad were unhappy I was selling our best players. I never really won the dressing room and the tactic I normally use just didn't click for them. I'm going to play around with tactics in this save to see if I can improve it, then going to retry the challenge in France. I learned a lot, but still disappointed in how quickly if fell apart.