The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been wanting to try this challenge for a while but between streaming every night and just general life not seemed to have time. Going for Portugal with a small team based in Lisbon called Alta De Lisboa. Made some new kits in Photoshop and here we go!

União Desportiva Alta de Lisboa :: Statistics :: Titles :: Titles ...

658d49b8d5521e7ebd4108d909dc0912.png

The manager screen

ad027a76ead49dd82015cad77294f6d4.png

Logo.png.8f4f9f7751e9a340cab5f677576ad8fc.pngHari.png.dd978ada4dcd2e9f239230a99c06e1ac.png

JALKAPALLOSEURA HERCULES

SEASON 4 - Finnish First Division (2nd)

I am so distraught by how this season ended, I can't even tell you. Hari's men have had three seasons of lower half finishes, and final day survival scraps, so no one would expect this season to have been any different. The Chairman was showing ambition of a top half finish, but I don't think even he was believing his own hype! However, he seems to like me and after the previous season finished he accepted my ludicrous suggestion of turning professional. However, he obviously saw something I didn't as despite a slow start to the season we gradually found some form in both the league and cup and went on this crazy form taking us into an unlikely promotion battle. Add to that, we had taken out two Finnish Premier League teams, in reaching the Finnish Cup semi final, a competition we were only supposed to 'compete' in. We narrowly lost 1-0 in the semi final to eventually winners, Turun Palloseura, (TPS) to you and I. Back to the league, the run continued, and we finished the regular season top of the pile.

LEAGUE TABLE

384209923_LeagueTable1.thumb.png.6ca02f5170ae608be9d0c1d26f4308f7.png

Then came the promotion league, which the top six play each other once, and a solid start, meant we picked up 4 points from the first two fixtures, leading SalPa by three points, with three games left. We lost the next two, including an away tie at SalPa, and we trailed them by three going into the final game. We won, they lost, we finish 2nd on goal difference! To make matters worse, we then had to play in the play-off semi final versus Tampere United, and as they finished lower than us, they got the home advantage! They beat us 1-0, and the season ends with a whimper! So despite winning manager of the season, player of the season and goalkeeper of the season, we have to do it all again.

PROMOTION LEAGUE TABLE 

1109903760_LeagueTable2.thumb.png.89a2403da471c0385ed39ff5537a76cb.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Haris Dzuho wins this again...

Haris.thumb.png.3b477bec4cd96c7a9a47ef148adb8413.png

YOUTH INTAKE

More of the same, nothing to shout about.

Intake.thumb.png.20b735eb79dad0c13b2e5f3a601783ef.png

Here's the pick of the bunch, Mikael Siira, but his low determination annoys me. HOYD needs to change I think.

1857155395_MikaelSiira.thumb.png.6ea9bc75e433e44ef888c2ca8241d6c8.png

IMPROVEMENTS

Just another coaching badge for Hari.

1206822563_NationalALicence.thumb.png.8527f4e7f9b14c0ca2fb6303870c8114.png

TRANSFERS

Trans.thumb.png.44586b15f6ad2d206470c319ce36867b.png

PROGRESS

Progress.thumb.png.94920356a9e6a572e9f246d144ad7b9f.png

Finally...

I got my first job offer. This is from our fierce rivals, the cheek!

894622419_OuluJobOffer.thumb.png.1b91e5515584125e1ffd88f0ffb3aa65.png

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 25 2044/2045

An average start, we were 15th after 19 games. We had a rush in december with 5W/6, and a decent run afterwise but nothing crazy. With 78 points we reached somehow 2nd place, meaning direct promotion. I checked, this is the lowest amount of points to be 2nd in Championship after 25 seasons. This is really unexpected, i wasn't aiming promotion as i don't think my team is ready for PL. 

1100600_20200711120425_1.thumb.png.d3f9b52608251d0cd68a09497ce192a0.png1100600_20200711120539_1.thumb.png.b334507d925fb85a1f085bac334b5e5b.png

Cups went poorly, an elimination straight away in Carabao Cup against a L1 team. And a defeat against Chelsea during the 4th round in FA Cup.

13 loans + some players sold. Most notable sell is Smith12a. I didnt' plan to sell Smith12a, he was my GK from VNLS to Championship and he was close of the appearance records (501) with 478 games. He should have been my back up goal this season but i received an offer from a PL team. He asked to leave, and it seems fair to let him go for a last big contract. His wage was multiplied by 20 and he signed 4 years. 

I didn't receive the usual 5-6M in May, probably due to my promotion. Without it, i wasn't able to ask new facilities upgrade. I started to renegociate some players contracts. 

Mills24a improved surprisingly well, he was announced 2 and half star around March and he is now 4 starts, rated as my best striker at only 18. He has a 5 years contract but he won't renegociate without a release clause. I hope the club reputation will grow enough to allow us to keep him for a while. I can't afford to let my PL regens go, as they are rare so far.

1100600_20200711120710_1.thumb.png.7cd27fc9a587afce15296615c812c22b.png1100600_20200711120746_1.thumb.png.d13a98cbe2466a56df10e55ba93a7b92.png

Looks like a poor youth intake, a CD is my hot prospect. He looks decent. For some reason i keep getting cyprus regens lol.

1100600_20200710000648_1.thumb.png.471e02ae9e9187052cb12d180316ff8e.png1100600_20200711120733_1.thumb.png.43927371248ca5e7d12a2fbb518074a0.png

Aim: Survive

1319384307_Annotation2020-07-11115451.thumb.png.3ed5a70b046f659873bb10bcfa25836a.png

3 hours ago, TheRailwaymen said:

Third season shaping up for more of the same.

Again predicted bottom of the league :(

Not sure why I'm so stagnant, someone tell me it will get easier!

I had three season identical to yours. Luckily our sponsorship increased and it allowed me to convince the board to go pro, which improved our fortunes slightly. Downside is I'm losing £30k each month! Hopefully the bosses chip in with a cash injection as the recent sponsor cash only left me £40k in the black. 

Keep going....

Katwijk 2022/2023 Season

League Table  Youth Intake  Transfers  Squad  Fixtures 1  Fixtures 2 Finances

Another year of survival and im more than happy with that. Got to the 2nd round of the cup again which was nice. This year i tried to blood some of the youngsters in the squad to aid there development more and while it may have cost up some points here and there im sure it'll be beneficial in the long run.

Key Players

Once again no one really had an amazing season but some players had good development and were key to ensuring we didn't really come close to relegation.

Afakar - Was by far our best attacker this year and dont know what we'd do with out his contributions. Developed a bit this year attribute wise and hopefully that continues

Richard - He has come out of almost nowhere and developed ridiculously this year into arguably our best player and has room to grow even further. Has had some clubs sniffing around him this year but think i can keep him for awhile/

Hoogervorst YP22A - The best player from the first intake has come along quite nicely. I decided to throw him in the deep end in the hopes it pays off in the long term.

Youth Intake

Pd7XZd6.png

This is a much better intake than last year and i hold quite high hopes that these players can make a decent impact from next season. Im most happy with getting some new full backs as it is an area of weakness i feel.

aCzz12b.png

Will be a nice backup to afakar next season 

Next season im just aiming for survival again along with more development from our young players.

Season Divison  Position   Cup         YR     JC     TF     YF     Notes
21/22  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG    Poor   Poor   Survived, got 2 coaching badges, upgrades to JC,TF and YF
22/23  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG    Poor   Poor   Survived

Edited by manutdfan1999

C158400BC1A0859AEA6A1EFA19134E9D3196ABC9 (1280×1024)

So things picked up. We went on a bit of a run.

This one hurt. Missed out on qualification by 2 goals :(

Youth intake decent again, got a new first team midfielder and a whole pile of 2 star prospects. Still no CB :( 

Gotta play the rest of the "relegation" stage, but we have no real risk of that as we sit 3rd... 11 games left of the season.

Bit gutted. First time ever we went more than 1 game unbeaten...

1 hour ago, TheRailwaymen said:

C158400BC1A0859AEA6A1EFA19134E9D3196ABC9 (1280×1024)

So things picked up. We went on a bit of a run.

This one hurt. Missed out on qualification by 2 goals :(

Youth intake decent again, got a new first team midfielder and a whole pile of 2 star prospects. Still no CB :( 

Gotta play the rest of the "relegation" stage, but we have no real risk of that as we sit 3rd... 11 games left of the season.

Bit gutted. First time ever we went more than 1 game 

2 goals, ouch! Next season is your year....

On 10/07/2020 at 22:38, Mikus said:

If anyone's wondering how my season's going...

557366997_JongAZ.thumb.PNG.0253296afb76aa28a9b3fd72dc9ae4e0.PNG

We just need a 9-0 win in the last game to stay up, having not won for 24 games. Wish me luck!

Edit: Drew 2-2, challenge over :thdn:

Edited by Mikus

1 hour ago, TheRailwaymen said:

Gutted. You gonna restart? 

Yeah I'll definitely restart. Don't know whether to try Holland again or go somewhere else. Hopefully I'll have more luck this time!

Katwijk 2023/2024 Season

League Table  Youth Intake  Transfers  Squad

Quick update on this season as Im doing a double update here. We survived again although this was a worse season but ill take some development in players and what id class as a rather nice youth intake. Also got some improvements to facilities which will be nice in the long term.

Katwijk 2024/2025 Season

League Table  Youth Intake  Transfers  Squad 

Whilst solely looking at the league position would suggest another year of pure survival for large parts of the year we were close to the playoff places. We scored more and conceded less this year whilst giving more youth payers chances so definitely a good season in my books. The reason for the improvement was down to a change in formation to a flat 442 making us more solid and giving us more support in attack. I also spent some time working on improving set piece routines which paid off massively.

Key Players

This year we actually had some good performers

Brood YP23B - What a player! By far the most gifted footballer at the club and has attracted interest form top divisio  teams. Sadly i presume he will be leaving this summer as he has a release clause of 600k and wont sign a new contract. Luckily we have some good CBs to step up if he leaves.

Youth Intake

x2E2t1y.png

Fantastic intake which provides me with some players i desperately need, namely a rb and some natural cms.

7BHSa5S.png

jlC5HaU.png

Both these guys will get alot of game time next year i imagine with me being short in these areas

Next season i was to build on this season and try move further up the table whilst continuing to develop the youth

Season Divison  Position   Cup         YR     JC           TF         YF         Notes
21/22  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Poor       Poor       Survived, got 2 coaching badges, upgrades to JC,TF and YF
22/23  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Poor       Poor       Survived
23/24  KKD      19th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Adequate   Adequate   Survived
24/25  KKD      17th       1st Round   AVG    Excellent    Adequate   Adequate   Survived and was much better team overall
Edited by manutdfan1999

4948.png?lm=1403945484

Season 2020/21 Review - 3. Liga - Germany

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I got a bit tired of playing in the Faroe Islands, so I just had some fun in Germany (to see if the age limit is as annoying as it used to be, and I don't think so...). The problem? I've gotten a bit attached to the save after only a season. So I'll have a go here, and see how Germany feels like playing a youth only game. After holidaying for a season I had this team come up, Rain. A fun name and it had a decent squad to begin with. Here is my profile. Not much in the youth setup, but nothing I can't work with. The squad was quite balanced, except for one big thing. I had 5 senior goalkeepers and none of them were horrible, nor great. So I picked out the two I thought were the best and transfer listed the rest. Another issue was with a few of my players and squad registration. The 3. Liga rules says 0 non-EU players. My issue? Two of my best players were from Kosovo and Montenegro... So I had to try to get rid of them as well. I only managed to sell the Montenegrin one and the rest are rotting in the reserves. When the season started we had major issues and really struggled to get any points on the board. Half way were in the relegation zone. During the winter break we played against a few non-league sides to get some confidence into the team and that helped us going into the latter part of the season. We picked up a lot of points and slowly climbed up from the relegation swamp and into a safe spot. In the end we finished in a very decent 14th place and survival.

Financially, we are struggling. Mostly because we had a £6 million debt because we are moving into a new stadium in a years time. No idea why we need a 10k stadium, but our finances are hurting bad. I've had no upgrades given, nor any licences taken. And since we lost almost £2m this season, the financial outlook is quite bleak. Hopefully, we'll be in a cup or something next season to garner some much needed income! Or have an amazing sale or something...

Oh, and just after I posted this, the board decided to set up a II-team for us that will play in the Regionalliga.

We didn't play in the DFB Pokal this season, so no cups for us.

Youth intake

Youth preview - The preview looked promising, especially with the lack of central midfielders at the club.
Youth intake - Not exactly a "golden generation", but I'll take it. 3 players stand out from this intake.

Laurent Joachim 21a - While I like players from minnow nations, this Luxembourger defensive midfielder looks like a good prospect.
Rogério Heleno 21b - I really like the look of this playmaker. Good technique, dribbling, passing and vision and still only 15 years old.
Marco Fleischhauer 21c - My coaches rate him as a DM, but I think I see more of a defender in him.

3ANhRzj.png

Edited by XaW

I.... uhm... have a bit of an issue. Don't worry, it's not breaking, just a bit... annoying. There is a rule here in the 3. liga...

mcvp2gJ.png

And that worked fine last season. However, most of those are now turned 23 and no longer fall into that category. So, ah, I have 3. In total. And then I'm also including the ONE from the youth intake who are old enough to play, but way too poor to play.

UBWWPHi.png

He can play this season because he turns 17 on December 30th this year. 

This kid, who are 6 days younger cannot play until next season.

TuHHEcy.png

Rules.... :rolleyes: Anyway, this means that Lennard Führmann 21i will be on the bench at all times, and hopefully I can avoid playing him. If I have injuries to the other two U23s, then I will have a very small bench.

The good thing about this is that next season onward that won't be an issue, since the most talented will be part of the main squad anyway, but a little annoyance and information for anyone else having a go in Germany.

After a while, I'm finally back with my YA Challenge in Germany. The reason for such a long absence was computer change.
I sold my old laptop and change it to the regular PC. It took me two months to finish it, but now I'm again back in the game.

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | SquadTransfers | Season 2030/31 (11th Season)

Season Review:

Our second consecutive season in 2. Bundesliga was full of ups and downs. In the second half of the season mostly downs. We started the season well as we got 10 points from the first 5 games. If we would continue like this we would easily secure staying in the league. After the first half of the season, we were sitting safely in the 8th place and we were nowhere near the relegation places. Unfortunately, the second half of the season didn't go according to our plans as we collected only 2 wins and 1 draw in 17 matches. In the end, we were lucky enough to stay safe from the relegation with the final 15th place. Although we are by far the worst team in the league I'm not happy with the season outcome but at least we stayed in the league.

We competed also in the German Cup and we finished it in the 2nd Round against strong Stuttgart team which beat us 4:0.

The key player of this season was once again Utku Kani. He led the attacking line and although he's already 32, he's the only striker capable of scoring goals. The other two I have in the current team didn't score a single goal! I will need to introduce some youngsters soon as Kani won't be here forever. The other two key players of the season were Jannes Granatowski and Kerem Çetin. Both of them had scored a decent amount of goals and they added also some assists.

Finances are not looking good as we are losing approximately 800k€ month after month. Due to this money loss, the Board didn't want to grant my request for the facility or recruitment upgrade. After the season finish we again received a quite big amount of money and I hope that the Board will be more willing to make some upgrades with this money income.

Youth Academy:

The best three players from this season's youth intake are:

5CE39dW.png  XzmO1aY.png  RKSZNsu.png

Overview:

L493rj4.png

Edited by uroszila

2 hours ago, manutdfan1999 said:

Just as i presumed, Gert Brood YP24B aas had his release clause met by a team from the eredivisie

Hurts to lose those guys but the cash can sometimes be more useful in the long term is the way I try (and often fail) to look at it.

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

Hurts to lose those guys but the cash can sometimes be more useful in the long term is the way I try (and often fail) to look at it.

Yh it hurts a lot. My defence just isnt the same this season. Im now being careful now to not put release clauses into contracts cos while the money is nice we arent particularly in need of it as the money in the league is actually quite decent especially as wages are low on our team. 

Arkonia Szczecin 2027/28

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBQR9E4PU5z0i4H3jetOM

Squad - League - Transfers - Facilities - FinancesIntake

In this season I had few things worth notice. My Nigerian player started playing in NT U20. Finally we started playing Totolotek Polish Cup unlucky we lost in first match geting very hard opponent at start. Somehow I had great start then a lot of loses and after intake we manage to secure 11th place that guarante us survive. After that I was thinking we are all guchi for new season Polish League rules get on ride. We must build new fields so -2 milions on bank account welcome! I fortgot that we moved on new stadion sharing it with Pogon Szczecin from Ekstraklasa. Ofc my chairman loves it coz he can sell now all my players :) Intake Pietras 08a MC I gona loan him, Dziegiel 08b same as pietras probably, Pustelnik 08c winger I might give him a chance on bench, Rumak 08d definitly not ready for first squad another one for loan or will stay in u18 and Hilicki 08e which join first team straight becouse Ihave problems with strikers :P I wont write anymore just some words this season was long becouse I have not much time to playing. I hope next season will be better and with no surprise :)

Season    |  League           | Pos  |  Polish Cup |   Europe  |     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Liga Okręgowa     |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2021/22   | IV League         |  2nd |   n/a       |   n/a     | Top 4
2022/23   | IV League         |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2023/24   | III League        | 10th |   n/a       |   n/a     | Survive
2024/25   | III League        |  9th |   n/a       |   n/a     | Survive
2025/26   | III League        |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2026/27   | II League         |  2nd |   n/a       |   n/a     | Promotion
2027/28   | Fortuna 1 League  | 11th |   1st round |   n/a     | Survived

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a126123e9f6c365439f10125625c60af.png

Season 2037/38 Review Premier League

League | FA Cup | League Cup | Transfers | Finances | Squad

Not much to really say for this season, never really in the relegation battle as we were able to keep them at arms length but not good enough for much more, we won a little less but drew more than last season. Bit of a dull season really. In the cups we did make the 1'4 finals of league cup for first time ever though. FA Cup was lots of draws but then we fell at same hurdle as last season. To the same team and at the same venue! 

Finances are amazing I love the money in this league. As a result we're building facilities slowly but getting there. We're now a Cat 2 youth academy as well which should help. Transfer wise we shipped a couple out and sent loads on loan.

It's a world cup this summer and FC United are represented for the first time! Rory Quinn-Grant and Paul Olalekan 31A, both came through same youth intake but clearly as 1 is tagged and 1 isn't we had different hopes for them both! Quinn_grant got a shot a few years back as we needed a back up left back, he got in the team and has been a consistent performer ever since. Olalekan though I have struggled to find a role for till this season, even sending him out on loan a few times, I almost wrote him off based on how badly I developed him but he's come good this year as our attacking CM

Youth IntakeNot awful but not great either. HYOD contact is up this summer and am likely going to make a change

Tyler Jones 38A - big fan of Tyler though. will be great as our mezalla, physicals not great but they'll develop naturally over time.
Callum Kingsley 38B - we don't use an AM so will be retrained, likely as a CM
Ian Fleming 38C - another Scottish AM that will need to be retrained

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		VNLN		8th 		Adequate		Fairly Basic
2021/22		NVLN		3rd 		Good			Average			Recruitment and coaching upgrades Lost playoff semi finals	
2022/23		NVLN		14th 		Good			Adequate		Youth Recruitment upgrade, started first coaching badge
2023/24		VNLN		7th 		Excellent		Good			Got first coaching badge. Promotion via playoffs
2024/25		VNL		5th 		Excellent		Good			Won promotion via playoffs. Got Youth facility upgrade
2025/26		League 2	14th 		Excellent		Good
2026/27		League 2	5th 		Excellent		Good			Lost in playoffs semi finals
2027/28		League 2	8th 		Excellent		Good			Finally got 2nd coaching badge
2028/29		League 2	1st 		Excellent		Good			National A Coaching badge
2029/30		League 1	4th 		Excellent		Good			Promotion via playoffs. Continental C coaching badge
2030/31		Championship	18th 		Exceptional		Excellent
2031/32		Championship	19th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2032/33		Championship	4th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi final, moved from youth level 4 to 3
2033/34		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi finals
2034/35		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff final, completed coaching badges
2035/36		Championship	1st 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2036/37		Premiership	10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional 
2037/38		Premiership	14th 		Exceptional		Exceptional

FWIW I did spend about 20 odd minutes writing a detailed report of the season but someone managed to delete it all before posting and didn't have the energy to rewrite it all and that's why this one was so short :D 

Season Review 2181/82

Championship Winners again with 102 points and 118 goals

20200713214149_1.thumb.jpg.7d0f50d16ac550301411fe2f68eb6996.jpg

Marcelo has retired at 36. Unbelievable record with 469 goals in 643 (record club goalscorer)

Even in his last season at 35/36 scored 42 in 46 games

20200713214805_1.thumb.jpg.df00cebeb8bf0697f7fbb138faadf5e4.jpg20200713214119_1.thumb.jpg.a4144802c6b53ad89d485da72dfee77f.jpg20200713214123_1.thumb.jpg.cb3f8e44a673e7c007fd578568ab1b65.jpg

11 hours ago, manutdfan1999 said:

@Mikus

Unlucky with the sacking mate, Holland is really tough every time I think I’ve made a step forward we end up taking a step back

Very frustrating. My main issue was that i never got a decent defender. Oh well! I've decided to go to Belgium to try again, so I should have an update soon

4948.png?lm=1403945484

Season 2021/22 Review - 3. Liga - Germany

So, I posted above, and I had issues with filling out the bench this season. So it's was more or less just enduring this season before I can involve the talented youngsters, and just survive. Now, the season started bad, but we had a good latter part of the season, much the same as the previous one. And, having played with this squad for a few seasons now, I'm really noticing how poor most of the defenders are. Semir Gracic being the noticeable exception to that. Now I'm just excited to get into next season and getting some talented youngster into the squad. We finished this season in 14th again, same as last season, and I'm still happy about that position.

The finances... once again horrible. We lost £2.4 million this season, and more than £1.5 million of that is on a loan. The loan is for £6m and we have only repaid half a million. So I think we have a really high interest on that loan... Still, not something I can worry too much about. I just hope for a takeover and a restructure or something, otherwise we'll be in deep trouble.

We didn't play in the DFB Pokal this season, so no cups for us.

Youth intake

Youth preview - I'm getting more and more sceptical of those "golden generations", but it's better than getting told they are crap...
Youth intake - Not bad, and with two talented players in, I'm happy. Still need more defenders though.

Lukas Bartels 22a - A well rounded attacking midfielder, and I think he could fit in well.
Abdelhak Saidi 22b - A 2 meter full back? Are you having a laugh? He's a centre back in my book.

KMufRgq.png

46 minutes ago, Mikus said:

Very frustrating. My main issue was that i never got a decent defender. Oh well! I've decided to go to Belgium to try again, so I should have an update soon

I’m the complete opposite, have plenty of defenders but could really use a top attacking player to build around

Katwijk 2024/2025 Season

League Table  Youth Intake  Transfers  Squad  Finances

A good season for us as we finished in our highest ever spot, scoring more goals, getting a better goal difference and getting a point more than last season all whilst blooding more youth and losing our star player. Season started off poor by losing the main man i defence Brood, but on the pitch we started quick with 10 points from the first 5 games. Unfortunately from then till mid January we were awful and i was fearing the drop but w turned it around massively getting 8 wins from the last 15 with 2 draws and 5 losses. Hopefully we can continue this into next season. Off the pitch we got some more upgrades to facilities while further improving the staff at the club, but this has left us looking weaker than normal financially so may be something i need to keep an eye on

Had 2 standout performers for me this year both on and off the pitch 

Prikryl YP25B - Exactly what i was looking for from the last intake, he came in and instantly made the rb slot his own and developed fantastically. I have high hopes for his development going forward

Linssen YP24A - Just as important was finding a proper goal scorer this year, if anything i just wish i had used him more at the beginning of the season.

Youth Intake

It was a good intake with alot of potential. A couple players got the last 2 games of the season and im sure will get plenty of game time next year.

UlTVGPE.png

I really like the look of Derhem for the cm role as its a position ive struggled with and am still using players from the original team in the position most games.

I think for now we have came to a position where i just need to keep developing the players we have as im pretty much at the best facility wise we can get without a massive sale and im rather happy with the tactic im using currently. I think if i can keep the team together for a couple more years we can really make a promotion push.

Season Divison  Position   Cup         YR     JC           TF         YF         Notes
21/22  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Poor       Poor       Survived, got 2 coaching badges, upgrades to JC,TF and YF
22/23  KKD      17th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Poor       Poor       Survived
23/24  KKD      19th       2nd Round   Basic  AVG          Adequate   Adequate   Survived
24/25  KKD      17th       1st Round   AVG    Excellent    Adequate   Adequate   Survived and was much better team overall
25/26  KKD      16th       2nd Round   Good   Exceptional  Adequate   Average    Survived, got some upgrades

4948.png?lm=1403945484

Season 2022/23 Review - 3. Liga - Germany

Finally, the first season I could involve youngsters in, and it did help out a lot. Laurent Joachim 21a came in as our first choice DM and did well. He has also been involved with the Luxembourger national side, but not yet played for them. Rogério Heleno 21b also had a great first season for us as our main playmaker. He has also been capped for the Portuguese youth sides. One issue with him though, is that bigger sides have started to take note of him. Teams like Armenia Bielefeld, Bochum and Ingolstadt have started sniffing around, and I don't think I can keep him for long if they put in bids. The season went well, and I managed to shift out a few of the poorest original players, and next season I'll have a few more talented youths available to me. Also 13th is the highest league finish we've had so far.

Let's talk finances. It looks better, doesn't it? A profit of almost £2 million? Weeeeeeell.... It's because of a new bank loan. A £4.3 million bank loan. So we just about doubled our monthly expenditure and we are still losing a lot of money, mostly on loan payments. As I'm looking at the finances, we are just about losing money, if you would take the loans out of it. I mean, we would lose about £100k per year without the loans. Not great, but manageable. This season alone, we payed about £2m million in loan repayments and interest. And some of the players have started to worry about the club finances and they got mad at me for saying the board have to handle it... I mean, I can't do much more....

We didn't play in the DFB-Pokal this season, so no cups for us.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Another "golden generation"
Youth intake - A pretty good intake. One good midfielder and one defender.

Lutz Schäf 23a - Since I still need midfielders, I'd taken him any day. Lacking a lot in the technical department, but still a nice talent.
Slobodan Mitrovic 23b - A tall with few big holes in his game. Should come in handy when he is old enough.

kQrdBA3.png

svend.png.d5067c0c55594cdbe45ae6e57d46d954.png

2022-2023 Danish Second Division - Relegation Group - 

Youth Intake Best XI Table Transfers

We were 2 goals away from qualifying for the promotion group, and at that point I just rotated heavily and gave the kids a shot. Tais Holm, Oliver Jensen both scored 6 goals, but the standout of the season Moussa Traore 02l stepped up and scored 7 in our solid run of results in the lead up to the promotion group cuttoff. 

Youth intake was ok again, I've worked out that 5 stars for me is only a leading division 3 player, so we likely have been massively over performing. Indeed, this year (my 4th) is the first year we are not predicted rock bottom and instead expect to finish the dizzy heights of second bottom! 

Year Year Position Cup Europe Top Scorer Top assists Top Ave Rating Training Facilities Youth Facilities Academy Training Youth Recruitment
2021 2. Division Relegation 7th 1st Round - Holm - 11 Elfving - 5 O.Jensen01f 7.19 Below Ave Poor Fairly basic Adequate
2022 2. Division Relegation 8th 1st Round - Holm - 10 Elfving - 6 Tais Holm 6.95 Below Ave Poor Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 2. Division Relegation 6th 1st Round - Traore 02l -7 Elfing -3 Tais Holm 6.89 Below Ave Poor Fairly Basic Adequate
Edited by TheRailwaymen

Katwijk 2026/2027 Season

League Table  Youth Intake  Transfers  Squad  Finances  Fixtures

Amazing, never did i expect us to push for a playoff spot this early. We gave it a really good go in the playoffs unfortunately injuries ruined any fairytale hopes of going up. I think its a good thing we stayed in this division tho as i dont think the squad would be able to compete in the top tier and we could use another year of development for the young guys. What will be the challenge is keeping the squad together and to imrpove the backups for certain positions as as soon as we get an injury we are in trouble.

Key Player

Janssen - A standout season from a player that was at the club when i took over. He had to bear the scoring load on his own at times as we had quite a few injuries around the squad but he performed fantastically

Youth Intake

Decent intake but not as good as previous years

2B52HPK.png

A couple players that hopefully will make an impact in the coming seasons but it is going to require a lot of development.

Hopefully next season we can have another good season and just keep developing the squad

25/26  KKD      16th       2nd Round   Good   Exceptional  Adequate   Average    Survived, got some upgrades
26/27  KKD      5th        2nd Round   Good   Exceptional  Adequate   Average    PLayoff semi final defeat

I really didn't want to sell him, but when I asked for a million and they offered it... I mean, with the club in financial problems I can't turn it down really.

cYJnc1K.png

So ive took the hit and accepted a bid for my best player RB Prikryl YP25B.

CiVZZyV.png

1.5mil plus 50% profit on next sale is a good deal for me as i have another young rb thats ready to make a break through. Im hoping by doing this the board wont go over my head on other players as ill have some money in the bank. If they do im screwed

4948.png?lm=1403945484

Season 2023/24 Review - 3. Liga - Germany

The new season started and I got to use more youth players now as they were old enough, and it really helps out. I still have to use some original players I'd rather not use, but I'm moving more and more away from them and into the youth players. The first half of the season went quite well, but in January I had to sell our best player, Rogério Heleno 21b. At that point he had been our best player by far, scoring and assisting a lot from midfield and sat on a 7.44 average rating! I got a small-ish offer, and, mostly because I thought it would never happen, asked for a million for him. They then said, sure, and I kind of had to sell him (I do wish I had added a future percentage clause). Especially with out financial issues, a million is a lot, even if it just goes into the drain. After that we struggled for a while, as we tried to find our footing. But in the end we started to pick up some points again and finished in 13th again, but with much more points than ever before.

Finances, not my favourite topic here in Rain, but it's the elephant in the room. I sold Rogério Heleno 21b for £1m and that helps, of course, but we are still in it and have issues. After I did what I could, the board seems to have understood that they also need to do things. The first thing they did was to slash my wage budget in half and proceed to get mad at me for "not having control of the wage budget". Thanks, guys, I had it at around 60% of what you allowed, but when you cut it to 50%, then I'm suddenly above without doing anything wrong. Anyway, I've managed to get it a bit lower by giving the players I want to keep new contracts and it's slowly going down. I'm also going to release a few players this summer to hopefully go under the budget. The board did do a good thing though, as they've now invested money into the club at two different times. Both time for £800k. Still, our two loans are dragging us down, but we keep improving, so hopefully we can turn this around.

We didn't play in the DFB-Pokal this season either.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Another "golden generation"...
Youth intake - A couple of good players, but this time it's not 2 great, the rest absolute crap, it's more balanced and that's a good thing.

Abdul Quarshie 24a - I really like this kid. Two-footed, and can play a few positions around the front.
Sascha Arzberger 24b - Some nice stats, but slow, so I'm thinking a deeper forward role would suit him best.
Kilian Meggle 24e - Not the highest rated, but he is a goalkeeper with some talent and I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved at any point.

kOP0EPA.png