FM20 All-European (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

16 hours ago, Tecmo said:

Really struggling in Scotland this season. It doesn't look like we're going to make playoffs, which was a board requirement, so we'll see if I have enough built up goodwill to keep our job. Very frustrating as I feel this is our strongest team, even by how we're playing, but we can't get the ball in the net. Creating lots of good chances, just can't get past the goalkeepers. Very frustrating. If we survive I definitely need to get better at striker, maybe try a different tactic.

hate it when that happens.  I had that problem when i did this challenge at the start so i have been off to play as my club to improve my tactics and tactical knowledge of the new game.  Improving now a bit so will be back to have another go fairly soon i would say

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2037/38 (Season 18)

Season Summary | League

Rising coefficients for Croatia meant that we had the honour of entering as a #1 seed for the Champions League group stage, giving us a very achievable group of Barça, Stade Reims and AEK. A loss and a draw with Barcelona (very respectable) and wins in all our other games saw us go through to the knockout rounds second in our group. Unfortunately a draw against Chelsea was a little too much for us to overcome, but it definitely shows some promise. Back at home, this season saw us lift our first ever Hrvatski Nogometni Kup in the club's 98 year history. combine that with the irrelevant Superkup and back-to-back 1.HNL titles brings us home a domestic treble. We've now also jumped up to become the most reputable club in Croatia.

I posted before about his loyalty, and Jan Vacek again backed up his commitment with a fine season. Not quite on a par with the previous season, but when the rest of the team are playing well a 20-goal striker is still definitely an asset. Similarly to Vacek, Brayan Palomino was also subject to a lot of overseas interest in January, but he also shrugged it off as of no interest to him and committed his future to the club even further. He also had another standout season and won the fans' player of the season award by a complete landslide. Bosko Mustapic was once again the rock in defence for me, although if the squad continues to improve it may be that he no longer makes the grade.

Kristijan Valenta has slightly flattened his growth this season. I still rate him as a solid back-up for us, but I don't know how I'll react if he comes to me asking for more playing time. He is one of our own, after all.

I'd also like to highlight the end of the career for Dario Stefulj. Including loan seasons, Stefulj has been with us for 18 years and has made the decision to hang up his boots. I was still using him as a very reliable veteran who I could bring off the bench to close out a game, but the number of appearances have been growing smaller and smaller and I can't fault him for calling time at 36. As much as I would like it, it doesn't look like he's interested in taking up a backroom role.

We do have just a couple of players heading to the World Cup this summer

The Spartans FC Logo.png

Spartans FC 2025-2026

Well that season sucked. Best defense in the league but the second worst offense. Still, we could have made the playoffs with a win in our final game, but we choked at home and lost 0-1 in a game very typical of our season. Dominated but couldn't find the net.

League Table

We started off great, 6 wins and a draw in our first seven. There were warning signs though as 4 of those wins were 1-0. Then the slide, 12 league games without a win and only one win in 17, dropping us all the way to 6th. Think we finally figured out something at the end, with 5 wins and a draw before the final game but we fell short. The board isn't happy we missed the playoffs and has not extended my contract but I think we're still alive for next season. Looks like we have 2 seasons to earn promotion or we are likely done.

Cups

Did okay in the Betfred, won 2 games, lost 2 games, everything as expected. Gave Hearts a good battle, only losing 0-1 at home to them.

We did as expected in the Wafer Cup, beating a couple of League 2 sides, including Edinburgh City so that was a nice plus. Then lost at Ayr, no shame in that.

Scottish Cup was also a disappointment this season as we didn't advance past the third round, drawing twice to Clyde and then losing a penalty shootout. Board isn't happy about that either.

Key Players

After an injury plagued previous season, Daniel MacIntyre bounced back to win our player of the year as our primary creative outlet. Really flourished at the end of the year when I dropped him back to be my left central midfielder. Had been reluctant to try that as he doesn't offer much on defense but it worked quite nicely using him as an advanced playmaker.

Mark Forrest led our very strong defense. He's an absolute rock, just hoping I can hold onto him. Dunfermline is sniffing around, hopefully a new deal will keep him in place.

And Declan McStay was our best offensive weapon, we started focusing our attacks on his side and he caused some havoc. Second leading goalscorer with 7, also drew a few penalties.

Youth Intake

Better this year, got a couple players who I think can make an impact, highlighted by Martin Morrison, a right winger who became our youngest ever player, debuting in our final game and looking very good. Also a legit striker prospect in Wayne Malcolm. Also, not actually in my youth intake but I think I found my goalkeeper for the future in Blair Thomson, signed from Alloa. He served as my backup this season, will probably keep him in that role for one more season. Had an impressive Wafer Cup game where he saved 3 of 5 penalties.

Finances

Lost 130K last season but still doing fine with close to a million in the bank. Forrest is becoming our first player to earn over 1k a week with his new contract.

Looking Ahead

Got to fix the offense, need to reach the playoffs. Think I'll stick with out 4-4-1-1 but need to get more from the front two. We may have figured things out at the end of last season. Might be time to shake up our coaching staff.

Hi everyone, just been catching up on everyone's posts and enjoying seeing the progress that's been made. I'm not around here very often these days but have been unofficially playing this challenge again this year (in Croatia with biscotti, but went for the relative big dogs of RNK Split).

This is my first save of FM20, several seasons in now but as with a couple of posts above, scoring goals has been proving our biggest problem. We've had a couple of very miserable seasons where I've been very grateful of the board's low expectations, but hoping things are maybe starting to improve now.

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk Croatia | 2038/39 (Season 19)

Season Summary | League

I felt so near and yet so far for us this season. A Champions League group of Juve, Benfica and RB Salzburg felt very much like a group we should advance from, and yet only 2 wins meant we were reduced to competing for Europa League glory. In the Europa League we ran though Shaktar, Zenit and Valencia before coming unstuck in the semis against Tottenham. The league was a similar story as well, with us just barely falling short on the final day. Ultimately, I'm very disappointed with this season and it definitely needs to be better next season. On the plus side, our stadium is now starting it's second expansion, going to the fairly respectable size (for Croatia) of 8,137 seats. Still quite a way to go before it reaches the size of the biggest Croatian teams, but if we keep performing well I think we've got the scope for it.

In terms of player performances, it's once again Brayan Palomino and Jan Vacek who I'm most indebted to, but I'd also like to sing the praises of Palomino's midfield partner and countryman Hernán Ortiz who has come into his own quite spectacularly this season and is really stretching my ability to work within the "5 non-EU player" limits.

Valenta spent a little of this season away on loan as he was asking for more playing time. I'm not sure he's really gained anything from it, but I definitely still see him as a good option for us. Occasional news stories about interest in him from outside Croatia are yet to result in a bid coming in, but I'm now thinking that if one were to come in with a reasonable price attached to it I would probably take it.

The Spartans FC Logo.png

Spartans FC 2026-2027

This season went a lot like our previous. Off to a good start, miserable middle and a strong finish. This time our strong finish got us into the playoffs though and gave us a blueprint going forward.

League Table

We started out decently, hanging in second place for awhile (Ayr was the best team we've seen in this league, just blew everyone away). But then the inability to convert chances took hold and we only managed 1 win in 14 games and dropping as low as 7th after 22 games. A significant change in tactics saw us finally find success and we won 5 of 6 games at the end to secure a playoff berth. Unfortunately we got paired against Inverness and, after a lucky draw at home we got blown out in the away leg 1-4.

Cups

Betfred didn't go great, lost our first four games in our group but made it respectable by beating Premiership side Motherwell on penalties in the final game to finish 4th in the group.

Knocked off Dundee's reserve squad in our first game in the Wafer Cup 3-2, then got destroyed at Arbroath from League 1. They have been relegated this season so hopefully they'll be a bit weaker now.

And a bad Scottish Cup draw paired us with Inverness in a preview of our playoff. With a similar result, draw in the first game, lost the replay.

Tactical

So we've been using a 4-4-1-1 most of the time up to this season. But it has become very toothless. Dominating possession and getting more shots and shots on target than our opposition but far too often ending in 0-0 draws or worse. So we started experimenting more this season. First try was a 4-3-1-2 which seemed to fit our roster. Couldn't quite get it to work, mainly because I couldn't get anything out of the number 10. What we eventually settled upon is an asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 using a wide target man. Looks something like this:

JoDbXtA.png

I found a good potential wide target man for this level in Russell Stevenson who we signed from Motherwell. Idea is that he'll attack the left post while my other striker attacks the right post, winger and left fullback provide crosses, midfielders get in there as well. Not fully committed to the WTM providing the offense though, Macintyre is still playing as a playmaker next to him, eventually that would become a more goal scoring threat at the 10. I've had pretty good success with this formation with a couple other teams I've been playing with so hopefully this will work with more tweaking.

Daniel Macintyre was our player of the year again, leading the league in assists with 14, mostly off set pieces.

And we brought back one of our regens who got plucked away from us as Brad Ellis returned on a free after a quiet stint at Kilmarnock. Took me a while to figure out how to get the most out of him, really struggled in the 10 spot but started impressing as my box to box in my new formation.

Finances

The money from those big cup games is drying up a bit as our salaries have gone up, we're just below 400K in the positive. Lost 565K last season, ouch.

Looking Ahead

I think it's promotion or bust this season. That's the board's expectation and mine as well. We've definitely been underperforming, we're as good as anyone else in the division, better than most. Time to move up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Spartans FC Logo.png

Spartans FC 2027-2028

Finally won promotion to the Scottish Championship! It was a battle, probably more than it should have been. We went into the season as favorites to win the title and the board expectation was to win promotion via winning the league. A slow start and inconsistent play had us as low as 6th halfway through the season and I was quite worried about the hammer being brought down on us although I never got any such threats from the board. We turned it on at the end though with a switch to a more conventional 4-2-3-1 and finished comfortably in 3rd place and the playoffs.

We faced second place Stirling in the first round and in the first game we were pretty well in control at home but couldn't find a goal to breakthrough. Stirling finally opened up the scoring in 73rd minute, winning and converting a penalty. That seemed to wake us up as we answered quickly with 2 goals to take a lead going into the second leg. There we played conservative, locking down the defense even after a red card left us a man short for the final third of the game. We advanced with a 0-0 draw.

In the final we faced Raith, the 9th place team in the Championship. We played conservative again in the first game at Raith and earned another 0-0 draw. We pretty well controlled the second game but didn't score until 90th minute with a blast from my inside forward and that was enough to earn promotion 1-0 on aggregate.

League Table

Cups

Betfred didn't go very well, only a 4-0 win to go with 3 losses in a tough group.

Wafer Cup didn't go well either, bad draw and we lost 1-4 at Dunfermline from the Championship.

Scottish Cup was slightly better, we beat Highland League Deveronvale in our first game, then lost 0-1 to Ross County in a game that wasn't as close as the score.

Key Players

Daniel MacIntyre was our player of the year once again for the third straight season and his 4 with our team. 21 assists overall, 19 in the league. Also led the league in chances created and key passes. Just lethal on set pieces, we led the league in goals from corners and indirect free kicks because of him.

Paul Fotheringham was our leading scorer with 14 goals. On loan from St. Mirren but we have him signed to join us next season. Took me awhile to figure out how to use him but his play at striker at the end of the season helped push us through. He contributed on all three of our goals in the playoffs, scoring one and assisting on the other two.

Ewan Jenkins was bought from our rivals Edinburgh City and did a tremendous job in defense while also adding 6 goals.

GK Colin McNaughton was brought in to solidify our goalkeeping, hopefully for quite a long time. Only 21 now, we got him on a free from Kilmarnock.

Youth Intake

We got a couple of forward midfielders with some potential, most notably Gavin Ritchie and Graham Crawford. We just hired our first Head of Youth Development so hopefully that will help things here a bit.

Finances

All that cup money is gone. We lost almost 350K to bring our balance to basically 0.  I imagine we'll lose quite a bit more having to compete at a higher level.

Looking Forward

Just looking to avoid relegation. I don't foresee a lot of change to the team, I feel set at 8 of our 11 starting spots. I need a left back that can attack to help our offense. Also need very defensive central midfielder to put some steel in the middle (we were last in League 1 in tackles).  And I need to get more out of our AMR, would really like to find an attacking winger over there.

congratulations @Tecmo on finally achieving promotion.  Macintyre is a great player for you and good to hear that Fotheringham is signing on a permanent deal next season.  good look in the Championship next season.

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2039/40 (Season 20)

Season Summary | League

This season felt much more routine, and we won the championship with 4 still to play and only one loss on the books. In the Champions League we came third in a group containing Basel, Inter and PSG, which was a touch disappointing but ultimately understandable. Unfortunately, we also went out in the first knockout round of the Europa League, to Rangers, which I felt much more aggrieved about. The very good news is that the board have announced they are looking for a site to build a new stadium!

Key performers for this season were Brayan Palomino (obviously), Radoslav Miric and Gustavo Rivera. I've switched to a 2 striker formation because I felt like I wasn't getting much from having a number 10, and I'm still trying to find the right players and roles for this. I'm also starting to run afoul of home-grown and non-EU player restrictions, so I'm going to need to take a much more measured approach to transfers moving forward.

5 hours ago, jackripper said:

Has anyone had any success in the welsh league, looking to manage my hometown Barry but concerned the league rep will hinder me.

I had a 30-year-old career there on FMT. Never seemed to get the prices up on players. Despite TV money and league rep slowly rising through the years.

Had 4 consecutive years in the ChL group Stage with once knockout stage appaerance with Afan Lido

2020/2021 - CD El Ejido

A pretty boring start to my adventure in Spain. After a strong start we fell to 8th midway through the campaign. Then it was 7th or 8th position the rest of the season. We managed to sign a couple of decent players. I'm struggling to find the right tactic. We ended up strong with 4-1-0 in the last 5 games and I hope we found something.

We'll need to strengthen a couple of positions like GK, DL and DC in our attempt to go further. I hope to rotate youngster ST Garcia into the mix a lot. I'm a sucker for homegrown talent!

Squad - Competitions - Transfers - Finances

Players of the season:

DC Johnson - DMC Julia - ST Aranda

Youngster of the season:

DR Zappa

Edited by Muggert

Palermo SSD

Season 3 -  2021/ 2022

Review

Won the league in my 3rd year. Struggeld at the begin with only one win, one loss and seven draws but I could manage to finish 1st. Calo was gone but Radovanovic, Pereira, Tulissi & my youth prospect Aglieri were great. Aglieri was the best goalscorer in the league and Radovanovic was the best player with 15 assists (best in the league).

| Stats | Squad | Transfers | Finances |

RAolP5w.png

congratulations on promotion @gb2003.  Don't worry about the 'late' update - Always look forward to seeing how players are getting on...  I am not currently playing the challenge as my initial effort didn't go to plan so currently honing my skills on a save with Sheffield Wednesday, my team.  I'll be back soon though.

2021/2022 - CD El Ejido

With troubling finances we had to sell young starlet Sergi Garcia. Although we need to offload more players to stay afloat financially.

The season started with a loss to Guijuelo but after that we went 17 games unbeaten only to be beaten by Sevilla Atletico. The league went on to be a three-way race between us, Sevilla Atletico and Cordoba. Cordoba ended up winning, and we got 3rd.

Promotion playoff it was. A 2-2 higher seed win against Hercules, A comfortable 2-0 aggregate win over Bilbao Athletic and we had only one team to beat to achieve promotion. Sevilla Atletico. A team we've had our troubles against. In the league we lost 2-0 and drew 3-3 at home. But boom-boom! Suddenly we were 2 goals up after only half an hour and we never looked back. Promotion was ours!

Let's hope we have enough budget to make a competetive team in the 2nd tier

League: 3rd(Promotion via playoff) - Copa del Rey: 2nd Rnd

Players of the season:

DC Johnson - DC Hernandez - MC Jose Carlos Sanchez

Youngster of the season:

DR Zappa

congratulations on promotion @gb2003 and @Muggert.  Good luck with your respective saves next season... 

I am not currently playing the challenge as my initial effort didn't go to plan so currently honing my skills on a save with Sheffield Wednesday, my team.  I'll be back soon though.  In the meantime i am enjoying seeing progress and success.  Keep it up!

Thanks @rlipscombe . Have fun with your Sheffield save. I'm in preparation for the new season and could renew some of the contracts for the key players. Corinthians wanted Matheus Pereira but he is happy to stay at Palermo.

Have the chance to get Calo back but 1 mio transfer fee is too much for me. Maybe i sell some players to get him. Was my best player season before and I have still issues for the position and role.

@Muggert good luck in the 2nd spain division. My main save is in spain and the most diffeculty is the promotion in the the 2nd division.

2022/2023 - CD El Ejido - Liga Smartbank

Tipped to go down we had a memorable season and ended up 8th in the league which meant promotion playoff. We played Girona and lost 1-3 on aggregate. We weren't ready yet.

I'm hoping to strengthen the team in 3-4 positions and create some depth at key positions in the transfer market. Perhaps we can make another run for promotion next year.

Our finances are back in black. Primarily due to sponsor deals and higher TV money.

League: 8th(Promotion playoff) - Cup: 1st Rnd

Players of the season:

DC Johnson - DMC Julia - MC Clemente

Youngster of the season:

DR Alvaro

Putnok FC

Eger 2020/21

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started extremely well and was near the top after 10 games, however a run of 10 games without a run left the team fighting to avoid relegation for the 2nd half of the season. It was only the home form which kept the club up ( 18 points from last 9 homes games vs 3 points in last 10 away games). In the cup the team reached the 3rd rd before losing 2-1 in ET away to Szolnok.

Due to the league rules (2 u21's on the pitch at all times and 4 in the match day squad i could not always play my strongest team which was frustrating. The defense was the worst in the league and needs overhauling, getting in anew striker is also a must as the team created the most chances in the league. Korbely was the best player but is only a loan player.

Nemeth is my best youth prospect although his mental attributes could let him down. Cueller was offered to me and brought in on a trial having never had a club, rated highly and can sit on the bench to fill my u21 quota. Random since i have no Chilean knowledge but have got a Brazilian staff member.

Finances are actually quite good but i want to improve them so i can persuade the board to get a 2nd team

Edited by Thebaker

(Took a long time to sort this post, because I once again managed to nearly kill my PC. I need to be more careful...)

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2040/41 (Season 21)

Season Summary | League

Back to another "nearly" season for us. We've not quite found our place truly sat at the top of the Croatian pile. The fortunes of all the top Croatian clubs seem to ebb and fall every couple of seasons as we bring in new prospects and eventually lose them to larger nations. This season it was our turn, as we finally relinquished our grip on Brayan Palomino to Spurs. Valenta has also moved on to Germany, and while it's a shame to lose one from our own academy, it's not like he was ever going to be first-choice.  A pretty good Champions League group of Basel, Kobenhavn and Tottenham meant we were able to (barely) go through in second place from the group stage, only to be knocked out handily by Man City. I still feel like we need a kind draw in order to make the latter stages, so maybe it's time I start splashing the cash a little to improve our squad.

It was a tough season to pick players out from, as I didn't feel like there was any one or two players who carried us, but the fans chose Esteban Diana, Radoslav Miric and Pavel Vulpe and so I'll not argue with that. I'm feeling that my experiment with 2 striker systems has run it's course now, as I feel like I'm missing that anchor point in the midfield that served me so well before. If I do stick with a 1 striker formation I think I may have to sell on one of my quite high-paid strikers.

No news on our new stadium yet, but we are at least playing our European games at our own stadium this season. Hopefully the new ground won't be too far off, though.

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2041/42 (Season 22)

Season Summary | League

So incredibly close to something I don't think I've ever achieved before - the unbeaten season. It came down to the penultimate game of the season. If I didn't already dislike Hajduk, I certainly do now - we do officially have a newly developed competitive rivalry with them and Rijeka. Champions League was a complete wash for us, unfortunately. We had a really tough group of Arsenal, Inter and Ajax and didn't even manage to scrape third. Despite our good league form we were never quite on it for the European games.

The switch back to having a DM has been great, and the man filling that role is Pape Sy. He's had to wait 4 seasons for the chance to prove himself and he's definitely stepped in and made sure to be indispensable. The goal tally was pretty spread out across the team with no real stand-out performer in that regard, but we did only concede 12 goals in 36 league games and I put that down in no small part to Radoslav Miric. I also stated in my last update that it may be time to splash some cash. Vit. Guimarães originally wanted £85m for Adriano Leite, but I was able to negotiate them down to £47.5m (potentially rising to £58m). Unfortunately he was a winter signing who picked up a couple of little injuries, so didn't get enough games to really settle yet, but I'm hoping for next season he can show why we dropped a record fee on him.

2023/2024 - CD El Ejido - Liga Smartbank

After a succesful first season it was time for the sophomoe slump. A horrible season. A switch to a different direct style helped us in the end.

We signed a couple of future key players, although the best lasted 1½ game before getting injured for 7 month. I guess that was just the story of the season.

The strange thing is... With a few addition I think we might challenge for promotion next year.

Our finances are looking great and we're currently 5 million pounds in the black.

League: 17th - Cup: 2nd Rnd

Players of the season:

DC Veips - MC Manzanara - ST Lucca

Youngster of the season:

DMC Farid

Image result for nk krk

Gonçalo Brandão | NK Krk | Croatia | 2042/43 (Season 23)

Season Summary | League

This year left me wondering what could have been. In the league we were pushed all the way by Rijeka, and weren't anywhere near as dominant as we were last season, but I felt like I liked the football we played a lot better. Adding to that a win in the cup for the double means we're still in a great place domestically. For the Champions League, we were given a really tough looking group of Stade Reims, AC Milan and Bayern. Luckily we were able to limit our losses to only be away at Bayern, meaning we were able to go through in second place in the group.

Last year we went out in the first knockout round to Manchester City, so this season we instead took a trip to the red side of Manchester. a 3-0 win in the home leg set us up well, with an early goal in the away leg making me think we were home free in this round, but we cut it fine - conceding 4 at Old Trafford was not part of the plan to put us through on away goals. For the Quarter Final we were drawn against Barça. Despite them only having won LaLiga twice in the last ten years, I was under no illusions. Imagine my surprise and delight when we came out of the first leg at Camp Nou as 2-1 winners. A 2-0 win at home saw us into the Semi-Finals and me wondering if this was the moment. Athletico were up next and I felt we were in a position to beat anybody. Unfortunately, I lost a key player to a broken leg in the Barcelona game, and then my top scorer to a broken foot just before the Atleti game. But I still felt we could do it. Away leg was up first, and we went to a 1-1 draw there. Perfect platform to go through. Then came the home leg, and despite our best efforts we fell to a 0-1 defeat. I was pretty gutted by that, but it certainly feels like we're a team that should be in the conversation going forward.

Unsurprisingly, Adriano Leite was a significant part of our run, and if it weren't for his broken leg who knows where we may have ended up? Despite missing the last 4 games of the season, Telmo Silva was comfortably top scorer for the league, and scored 27 in all competitions for us. Again, what could have been? The third man to highlight for me is our orchestrator in midfield. Pavel Vulpe has really proven to me that I was right to allow Palomino to leave, especially as his Romania side finished as runners-up in last year's World Cup.

EDIT: The board have just come through with new stadium details. Unfortunately, not only is it only a 12,921 seater (up from our current 8,137) but it also has the dull name of "Krk Stadium". Beggars can't be choosers, I guess, but at least it's only costing us about £2.5m

Edited by Biscotti

Putnok FC

Eger 2021/22

Started the season well again and maintained the challenge until just over halfway when the team was in 3rd position.  A series of 2-3 month injuries to players really disrupted the team's form and they fell away. Lost to Gyor in the 2nd rd of the Hungarian cup which was disappointing since they were struggling in the same league at the time.

Finances seem quite good but that is due to keeping the wage bill down. Sold Sofranac as he wanted to leave, Simon replaced him.

The defense was strengthened with Menezes and Bischoff and the number of goals conceded reduced from 64 to 39. Up front Boros and Kasza proved a potent attacking pairing until Kasza missed 3 months through injury and Boros only scored 1 goal in his absence. Korbely was brought back to cover but didn't hit the heights of last season.

Season 	        League 	      Position 	 Cup 	      Top Scorer     Attendance	 Training	Youth	Junior      	Youth Rec
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21 	Division II	15th	3rd Rd	  	Korbely (11)	546	 Below Average	Basic	Fairly Basic	Fairly Basic
2021/22	        Division II	8th	2nd rd		Baros (18)	608	 Below Average	Basic	Fairly Basic	Fairly Basic

2024/2025 - CD El Ejido - Liga Smartbank

We slumped through the first half of the season but after signing young prodigy MC Veselaj we went on a great run. It was too late though.

Our new chairman splashed the cash to bring in two pretty much useless players.....

I believe we have a good core of young players at the moment. I believe we can challenge for promotion next year.

The last time I said so we struggled and ended 17th after a horrible campaign.

This time our strong core of Farid and Veselaj will make sure we will do better!!

League: 11th - Cup: 2nd Rnd

Players of the season:

DC Veips - DMC Farid - MC Veselaj

Youngster of the season:

DMC Farid

9 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Muggert how did you get Veselaj so cheap?

There is nothing more annoying than having a squad you think is good enough only for it to be mid table mediocrity, better luck next season

I was pretty lucky I guess. I signed him as a bosman signing in January and saw Chelsea only wanted 22k to let him go in January.

He’s really brilliant.

Putnok FC

Eger 2022/23

This was an inconsistent season with the team playing well one week and poor the next. A final run of 4 points from the final 7 games put the team in midtable.

In the cup the team reached the 4th rd before losing over 2 legs to division 1 Mezokovesed.

Finances are still going up although the board will not improve anything.   Bischoff's min fee was met and the board sold Krizsonits who i had earmarked to take over in midfield next season. They also sold Menezses but he refused to move to a team near the bottom of division 2.

Csonka is leaving as he wanted too much money which will be a loss but Mihalszki had a good first season and was cheaply bought.

Up front Boros and Kasza did well but Boros broke a leg and missed the last 4 months, Kruzliak filled the gap well .

Eger 2023/24

The team was pretty poor all season and struggled to get any points, being outplayed even by teams at the bottom. The player performance in the 2nd half of the season was awful, it was only 13 points from the first 6 games which meant the team a avoided relegation battle. Lost in the 2nd rd of the cup to division 1 MTK.

Finances are ok since the wage budget is low and there were no transfer expenditures mostly due to other clubs hugely overpricing the players - 250k for a player of only 3 star current ability seemed to be the standard when making an offer and was way too much.  I sold Radulovic as i had too many foreign players and he wasn't an outstanding keeper.

The defense was particularly poor this year with the fb's at fault every game. I ended up by playing Csuzz at RB who was accomplished and got to natural by the season end. Vida came in and had the cheek to ask for a new contract after 6 months of averaging 6.5 as a result of improving :rolleyes:   Dunst has more potential but didn't play any better.

In midfield the 2 in Koppermann and Mihalszki failed to impose themselves and seemed to be completely overrun every game, picking up cards was their only achievement. The failure to get in a decent central midfielder was costly. I played youth player Somodi in midfield who was accomplished although i don't remember him having any ability there when he came through a few season ago.

Korbely came back again (he had now played  86 games all on loan for the team) and played at left midfield all season with some success. Hodzic had 1 goal and 8 assists from his first 10 games but got injured and struggled to create much after that, i hope for more next season.

Licuriceanu took a while to get going but made a club record for goals in a season and created a lot of chances as well.

Season

League

Position

FA Cup

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2020/21

Division II

15th

3rd Rd

Korbely (11)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2021/22

Division II

8th

2nd rd

Baros (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/23

Division II

9th

4th Rd

Kasza (15)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

2022/24

Division II

12th

2nd rd

Licuriceanu (18)

Below Average

Basic

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

Finances are s

2025/2026 - CD El Ejido - Liga Smartbank

As predicted we entered the promotion contention after a strong second half of the season.

We ended up 8th and had the final spot in the promotion playoff. The semifinal against Sporting were close, and GK Ramos ended up being the hero as he saved a penalty in the 86th minute.

The final against Zaragoza we dominated them and ended up going up.

The midseason change of a couple of small things in the tactics ended up being key.

League: 8th(Promotion via playoffs) - Cup: 2nd Rnd

Players of the season:

MC Bresciannini - AMR Rober - ST Lucca

Youngster of the season:

MC Veselaj

2026/2027 - CD El Ejido - Liga Santander

Our first season in the top-tier. We had a solid season.

The highlights had to be a wins against Sevilla and Atletico and a win at San Mames.

We need to strengthen the team in multiple positions and need to get more depth in the attacking phases.

Rober had a strong season and defensively we've been good all season.

Now we got to build on this. We need to consolidate us.

League: 10th - Cup: QFinal

Players of the season:

DC Veips - DMC Farid - AMR Rober

Youngster of the season:

MC Veselaj

Putnok FC

Eger 2024/25

A couple of good signings to the club meant that the team started off the season  strongly and at Xmas were in 5th and 4 points from promotion after 21 games. The team pushed on to go top with 4 games to go and won the league and promotion in the last game.  The team didn't lose to the other teams in the top 4, winning 3 and drawing 3 which proved crucial, they also beat Ajka twice who had been in the mix until just 6 points from 14 games between feb-may saw them plummet.

The chairman sold some promising young players in Godin and Peto which was disappointing. I sold Szekely as i got fed up with his moaning after i turned down a few bids for him.

Finances are still high but the chairman will not improve any facilities (good enough) or create a 2nd team (not enough money), the board took out a loan after promotion to cover this needless improvement.

The gk and defense are still pretty weak but i was pleased to see some goals from them this season. The wingers Torda and Micola were outstanding at times. In cm Mihalszki did well and Pantovic, although i think i didn't get the best from Pantovic.

Up front the strikers were ok but were either very good or very poor in games

Season

League

Position

FA Cup

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes