How many hours have you spent on FM in your life?

I used to play FM12,13 handheld and FM17 pc

I spent 2990 hours on FM17 and approximately 1500 hours on the other two...regret a bit now but I was having fun at that time

Edited by davidjai

Too many

jxBECdQ.png

And this is only since Steam... I also have 1000s of hours in earlier FM's and a lot on all kinds of CM's since the early 90's.

Edited by XaW

Around 1000 a year since Steam started counting.... prior to that I think CM0102 was close to 3000hrs

Terrible having to toss between this, World of Warships, a child, the missus and a whole loada box sets and various total war titles over the decades.... but I've learned to multitask :D

Just now, ScoopDeeDeeWhoop said:

Haha, it's like each year you try to get more hours in than the year before that one!

I have 650+ hours on the last three.

Yeah, but the strange thing is that it doesn't feel like I'm playing more than before... :onmehead:

Just checked my Steam account. Since FM12 (when I stopped buying the discs), I've done 6881 hours.

However, as I've been playing since 92, my grand total will be much much higher. I remember buying CM93 when I was doing my A-Levels (I'm that old). The amount of time I spent playing that game alone, it was a miracle I ever go the grades I needed.

20 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Just checked my Steam account. Since FM12 (when I stopped buying the discs), I've done 6881 hours.

However, as I've been playing since 92, my grand total will be much much higher. I remember buying CM93 when I was doing my A-Levels (I'm that old). The amount of time I spent playing that game alone, it was a miracle I ever go the grades I needed.

I have that and more on FM 12 alone! 

I played from the early days - when it first came out in 92 - I was 12! 28 years later, still going strong.

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I have that and more on FM 12 alone! 

I played from the early days - when it first came out in 92 - I was 12! 28 years later, still going strong.

Wow! I'm impressed. I take it you continued with FM 12 some some years after the release of 13

How long have I been playing FM for? Put it this way. I have just offered free agent, Mervyn Day a goalkeeping coach job for my team on my new save.

He's 63 years old. He was my goalkeeper at Leeds United when I first started playing football manager/championship manager on the Amiga in my bedroom many many years ago. You do the math! Ha ha:kriss:

I never played FM until 1999, I think it was. A friend introduced me to the game and I was hooked. I didn't have a PC so had to be content with LMA manager until I decided I had to get a miracle box myself.

If you add up my Steam years it's 0.38 of a year. If you added in the years before that I shudder to think. I would estimate I have spent at least three quarters of a year playing FM/CM. Sounds less of an addiction in years.

FMplaytime_1.thumb.png.56ad7a54110f098a85a3de9f7f00175a.png FMplaytime_2.thumb.png.98b09487bf570b60fd0d97cd8394841e.png

The last two years it looks like I'm out of a lull. FM15 to FM18 were that for me. I put in so many hours on FM13 and FM14 and needed a break. I missed FM15 entirely. Only Cities:Skylines tops FM for me.

Edited by anagain

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nearly 7000 hours and still not ALL the achievements? Tsk, poor show :lol:

Ha true! 

I had done all the Hero achievements - probably pre-steam so it doesn't show up. And I did do the Confederations Winner too... 

The defence ones - I can't manage to keep a clean sheet any game - I'm too attacking! I score about 100 goals a season but concede about 40! 

achievements1.thumb.PNG.6df0c77043987a3f1881c796fddfc98f.PNG

achievements2.thumb.PNG.04bbc34cb3fcbb6c9a78dacd38763429.PNG

• 2 months later...

Absolutely far too many, but I've not played all releases. 00/01 was my first, played the hell out of that and 01/02, but then didn't play until FM09. On Steam I have around 10k hours since FM09, that's an estimate though cause FM16, which I played to death, was played on a friend's steam.

My numbers for FM12 (500 hours) aren't right eiher, the number should be a LOT higher.

This is my most played franchise, only Rocket League and the Trials franchise come close and Rocket League might actually be beating it in actual playtime, a lot of FM time is idle time.

Edited by Norfair

6 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

7000k hours! :eek:

What is it about FM12 then for you that means you're still playing it to this day and haven't taken to the newer games over the years? 

FM13 was very slow on the computer I had at the time. Turned out having too many players on a shortlist slowed the whole thing down - didn't happen for FM12.

FM14 they changed the UI and I thought it was terrible - they auto-collapsed the squad selection area which meant I couldn't pick the team the way I wanted to - I asked could the auto-collapse be returned to it's original way of working, either open or closed, and I was told they weren't going to change it. But to this day - I have no idea why it was changed, if it wasn't broken then why fix it.
(the area I refer to is in Tactics and when you can filter to show just your GK, or DR or DC etc. - this section was set to auto-collapse and made squad selection painful for me).
There was a few other UI changes that ruined it for me.

FM15 they decided to move the well working top bar to be a side panel on the side of the screen - and I felt this UI was a terrible choice - it was fair more difficult to navigate the game, and there was option to move it back to the top. I was even gifted a free copy of FM15 and played it for about 4 hours before scrapping it and returning to FM12.

I'm not sure if it was at this point they added the tracksuit/suit manager option and adding your face to the game - it was brutal, didn't work, and didn't add anything to the game for me.

Overall I felt there was too many interactions being added, media, players, etc. 

I believe now you have interviews for jobs, and laying out board expectations and junk like that? To me that's not a game, it feels like a full time job - and I just don't have time for all that. 

I gave up after then.

FM12 is very simple and it works flawlessly. It has a beautiful match engine, great UI, and far few interactions.

Basically, you just load up the game, insert your manager details, pick nations/leagues - pick your club. Away you go. The game ticks over wonderfully for me.

I have tried the demo of FM14 to FM20 and none are as captivating as FM12.

2 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

I average about 1,500 hours a year since I’ve been working full time, easily double that in my student years and have been playing since CM 93

so roughly 50,000 hours so far. 

And you work full time...

...you play FM at work? :D

I suppose if you play only FM. 

@Smurf I missed out on FM12, along with 11 and 14. I was being sensible and went to Uni as a mature student. Although FM13 was my escape.

I agree with you, though, about all the stuff they added into the game since then. It doesn't appeal to me either.
If I hadn't have just bought FM20, I may well have gone and tried to find FM12 because of how well you've talked about it.

• 9 months later...
On 04/02/2020 at 00:19, Earnie is God! said:

1511261144_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.49b5188384598b1838811a0c9c3c27ea.png

508293505_Screenshot(3).png.6985e4019cf4d3b79c429317b19593dc.png

Those numbers aren't right as there's no way I only spent 49hrs on FM15.
FM13 was probably my favourite though and that's reflected in the near 3,000 hours played.
Only bought FM20 yesterday and I have a week off now so hoping to get the hours in.

With FM21 out, I thought it might be a nice idea to see how many hours we've managed to accumulate on FM20. No longer just 58 minutes for me :)

525062426_download(1).png.1b42f8c9506fe8ee8733d7b5b196f826.png

1750 hours in 9 months equates to more than a 40hr working week :D
Although lockdown(s) has obviously massively added to that.

I can’t even begin to think. My major playing days were 97-2005; everyday every year.  Since starting full time work around 2005 it’s been more balanced. But was just having a conversation that the annual FM release is a date in the calendar every year for me! It’s just part of life now!

• 5 months later...

What a great and painful question.
I started to play CM0102 in 2002, and then played almost every single version of CM/FM, in total I probably spent 15000-20000 hours on FM series. Sadly, I wasted too much of my life on other games, too.
As some of you said, without computer games, I probably could be a better man than I currently am, while life happens, and FM is of great quality.

Steam says: 4473. Since I have played FM2005, 2006, 2007 and FM2008 before it had a 'timer' I think roughly 700 or 8000 hours. Most played according to Steam: FM2008 with 1456 hours, but I think it is more like 2500. Least played: FM2009... 9.6 hours. Average 446 hours or so

I saw Steam, and it shows I "play" FM for anything between 2,000 and 3,000 hours. I put play in between quotes, for these questions:

1. I often leave FM on (not actually running) while my laptop is on sleep mode. Is FM logging those hours that I'm not playing?...

2. I often multitask while playing FM: I may have my TV on, or I may be listening to some podcast. How should I count these hours?... (Divide by two?...).

3. More broadly, I rarely play other PC or console games, so 95% of time gaming hours are on FM. As I see some people "feeling bad" for so many hours to FM, it depends on whether you also play other games...

:cool:

Edited by phd_angel