When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Zemahh said:

Let's be honest, surely they know at least a few hours in advance... I highly doubt they just decide these things on minute by minute basis like some indie company. Beta probably isn't even the very final version of the game they have, I'm pretty sure we only get that after the first patch.

Not true. SI have a big room that is pitch black and in the center there is a podium with a big red button that says "BEE-TUH". Every year, Miles opens a bottle of champagne or three and when he gets plastered enough he presses the button. And wakes up next morning wondering wtf is happening in the office.

Just now, we88y said:

@Neil Brockcan we just get told that it’s not going to be tonight? You would know if its happening as miles said it’s a 6 hour process etc. 

it’s not that hard to just confirm it won’t happen?

He literally said "We can't say much more than that at the moment"

Just now, we88y said:

@Neil Brockcan we just get told that it’s not going to be tonight? You would know if its happening as miles said it’s a 6 hour process etc. 

it’s not that hard to just confirm it won’t happen?

it's not about being hard, it's about the policy of not communicating it. Completely understandable.

Would you post with same insistence, e.g. on Apple's forum asking them the iOS14 beta release?

This is the same scenario ( maybe with less money for SI :( but 100x times the love from their fans )

hace 4 minutos, Neil Brock dijo:

We've all been at home for months. :D 

Like we've always said, it'll be ready when it's ready. Not really much more we can say than that at the moment. 

Fair enough, that was basically my question :) and thanks for the honest answer.

Good to know you are giving it all and hope soon you will enjoy the deserved rest as probably you guys are exhausted and hope you at least have some fun and relax from time to time from us ravid fans writing here.

Just now, we88y said:

Yes but then that means we just continue to hope..

You can interpret that as you wish. If he genuinely doesn't know if it will be tonight or not (seems to be suggesting this) then what more can he say?

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Normal people

Players: When is the beta coming out?

SI: When it's done, we don't know yet.

Players: Ok, we'll wait and have fun while we wait in a silly thread

People with higher shoe size than IQ

Players: Ok, but is it ready now or tomorrow?

-----

Facepalm - Wikipedia

Haha, this sums it up nicely.

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to confirm when it's being released, that's something that comes from the gaffer. 

One thing I do know is that it'll be ready when it's ready. Now as you can see from the forums there are a lot of SI staff working right now, but then we're a very passionate dedicated team so that's no different than plenty of the other releases of FM I've worked on. We want to make sure the game is in the best possible shape for when we get the green light to put it live.  

Good stuff Neil, thanks for the updates.

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to confirm when it's being released, that's something that comes from the gaffer. 

One thing I do know is that it'll be ready when it's ready. Now as you can see from the forums there are a lot of SI staff working right now, but then we're a very passionate dedicated team so that's no different than plenty of the other releases of FM I've worked on. We want to make sure the game is in the best possible shape for when we get the green light to put it live.  

The best possible shape you say? We all know that the best possible shape is the triangle!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Normal people

Players: Ok, we'll wait and have fun while we wait in a silly thread

People with higher shoe size than IQ

Players: Ok, but is it ready now or tomorrow?

-----

Facepalm - Wikipedia

I've got no feet but I'm still not sure which section I fit into...

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

ok so when BETA?

How about instead of waiting to be told it won't be tonight, y'all just assume it won't be tonight and wait until you are informed otherwise. There's a horrible stench of entitlement streaming from this thread and the harassment of SI staff is beyond unacceptable. And cringe-worthy at this point. 

The beta will be here when it's here, relax and wait until the SI team announce the beta is live. And please stop harassing them for an answer. If they spend their time replying to the same question every time you impatient lot ask it, they'd never have time to actually release the game, nevermind beta... Go do something productive with your time please. 

Just now, Makoto Nakamura said:

The best possible shape you say? We all know that the best possible shape is the triangle!

Some of us prefer the rhombus!

It's ready when it's ready. I'm going to find something else to do for tonight and I think other people should do the same :)

That’s fair enough, I’m only half teasing.

I’ll be clinging on to the small amount of hope you drop it tonight :)

9 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've all been at home for months. :D 

Like we've always said, it'll be ready when it's ready. Not really much more we can say than that at the moment. 

I think it would cause little bother Neil, to announce when it won't be released that day. None of us doubt SI's work & effort

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thank you for everything you do on here Neil. You're a credit to both the SI team and these forums especially. You probably don't hear that as much as you should, so I thought I'd send a bit of positivity your way. :)

3 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

How about instead of waiting to be told it won't be tonight, y'all just assume it won't be tonight and wait until you are informed otherwise. There's a horrible stench of entitlement streaming from this thread and the harassment of SI staff is beyond unacceptable. And cringe-worthy at this point. 

The beta will be here when it's here, relax and wait until the SI team announce the beta is live. And please stop harassing them for an answer. If they spend their time replying to the same question every time you impatient lot ask it, they'd never have time to actually release the game, nevermind beta... Go do something productive with your time please. 

I agree with you, but I think it's a small minority. Most people have a sense of perspective and tongue firmly in cheek.

Just now, JD nawrat said:

Thank you for everything you do on here Neil. You're a credit to both the SI team and these forums especially. You probably don't hear that as much as you should, so I thought I'd send a bit of positivity your way. :)

He's not gonna shag you mate

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ok, but when does it come out?

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for the responses Neil - you guys do a fantastic job!

Just now, PhilT said:

I think it would cause little bother Neil, to announce when it won't be released that day. None of us doubt SI's work & effort

Neil already said he doesn't make that decision and has no say in it either. 

You may not doubt the SI team's work and effort but you are very quick to harrass them when they don't give you the information you want to hear. That's wholly unnecessary. 

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

Oh dear someone rattled your cage, you have a few posts more than the rest of us and you think you can tell us what to do :stop:

Just now, JD nawrat said:

Honestly Neil just close the thread and ban all speculation until the game is out. This is embarrassing :D

First I've ventured into GD in about a decade and tbh I've had my fill until 2030. 

I hate you.

1 minute ago, starbugg said:

Oh dear someone rattled your cage, you have a few posts more than the rest of us and you think you can tell us what to do :stop:

Nothing to do with my post count ffs. The folk at SI are human beings. Please treat them accordingly. Not asking for much.