FM24 - PC/Laptop advice thread *** PLEASE READ OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING ***

2 hours ago, Enos said:

Thank you!  If the M1 can handle the 3D graphics at the higest settings I'll save my money and just use the company laptop.  As long as I don't game during office hours I'm good!

Even if it doesn't quite manage max settings, I can say from experience that there isn't a huge difference between medium and the highest preset. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Looking for a bit of advice on a new laptop purchase.

Use = only fm23 game wise, no other games, light Web browsing and word processing/PowerPoint. Nothing flash.

Budget = looking for around £500 can be £100 more if needed.

Location = England.

Make = not tied to any makes but would like it to be OK for potential future fm editions

FM Specs = would say medium usage database and loaded league wise. I would say quick start specs with 3d match engine in use.

Have been looking at this one potentially

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/asus-vivobook-k553ea-15.6-laptop-intel-core-i5-512-gb-ssd-silver-10224577.html

Any good? Any better specs or ideas for my budget.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at upgrading my current laptop (Erazer p6705 -i7-8750H - GTX 1050 Ti - 8GB RAM).

Luckily through work schemes I have the following 3 gaming laptops all at the same subsidised price (£950). I had vista when it came out yeaaaars ago, so I'm a bit nervous about going from Windows 10 to 11, but sadly it looks like I have no choice! I use my laptop mostly for FM with big databases, but also use it to play Rust and Hell Let Loose etc. 

The choices are as follows:
Legion 5i Pro - i7-12700H - RTX 3070 Ti- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR5
MSI GP66 - i9-12900H - RTX 3080- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR4
MSI Crosshair 17 - i9-12900H - RTX 3070 Ti- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR4

Any recommendations are appreciated! 

Edited by Domoboy23

3 hours ago, robertgee said:

Hi. Looking for a bit of advice on a new laptop purchase.

Use = only fm23 game wise, no other games, light Web browsing and word processing/PowerPoint. Nothing flash.

Budget = looking for around £500 can be £100 more if needed.

Location = England.

Make = not tied to any makes but would like it to be OK for potential future fm editions

FM Specs = would say medium usage database and loaded league wise. I would say quick start specs with 3d match engine in use.

Have been looking at this one potentially

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/asus-vivobook-k553ea-15.6-laptop-intel-core-i5-512-gb-ssd-silver-10224577.html

Any good? Any better specs or ideas for my budget.

Thanks in advance.

I'd go for this one: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/acer-aspire-5-15.6-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-512-gb-ssd-grey-10242983.html

The CPU seems to benchmark a bit better.

image.thumb.png.39ab43a34d41ea564eb244591b7025bd.png

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at upgrading my current laptop (Erazer p6705 -i7-8750H - GTX 1050 Ti - 8GB RAM).

Luckily through work schemes I have the following 3 gaming laptops all at the same subsidised price (£950). I had vista when it came out yeaaaars ago, so I'm a bit nervous about going from Windows 10 to 11, but sadly it looks like I have no choice! I use my laptop mostly for FM with big databases, but also use it to play Rust and Hell Let Loose etc. 

The choices are as follows:
Legion 5i Pro - i7-12700H - RTX 3070 Ti- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR5
MSI GP66 - i9-12900H - RTX 3080- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR4
MSI Crosshair 17 - i9-12900H - RTX 3070 Ti- 8 GB GDDR6 - 16GB DDR4

Any recommendations are appreciated! 

I'd go for this: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-vector-gp66-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i9-rtx-3080-1-tb-ssd-10234013.html, which is the middle one of the 3.

Joint best CPU and best graphics card.

I had to look carefully seeing as the top one had DDR5 RAM compared to DDR4, but based on the info I can find, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount in it between those two standard currently, for example what it states here: https://uk.pcmag.com/components/137374/ddr5-vs-ddr4-how-much-performance-will-you-gain-from-todays-newest-ram

Hi all, what a great thread.

I'm looking at upgrading from our 10yr old laptop. We really only use it for web browsing, emails, word processing and playing FM. I live in Australia and looking to spend somewhere around $1000-$1200 AUD but happy to spend a bit more or a bit less than that. 

I'm not tech savvy but I've been searching around online and found this which seems to be a good deal? Is there something I'm missing?

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/acer-aspire-5-15-6-inch-i7-1165g7-16gb-512gb-ssd-laptop-black.html

How would this handle FM23? I like 3D but I'm not too concerned about top graphics quality. Our old laptop is horribly slow so I'm sure anything will seem better! Thanks

1 hour ago, scottyw27 said:

Hi all, what a great thread.

I'm looking at upgrading from our 10yr old laptop. We really only use it for web browsing, emails, word processing and playing FM. I live in Australia and looking to spend somewhere around $1000-$1200 AUD but happy to spend a bit more or a bit less than that. 

I'm not tech savvy but I've been searching around online and found this which seems to be a good deal? Is there something I'm missing?

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/acer-aspire-5-15-6-inch-i7-1165g7-16gb-512gb-ssd-laptop-black.html

How would this handle FM23? I like 3D but I'm not too concerned about top graphics quality. Our old laptop is horribly slow so I'm sure anything will seem better! Thanks

That's a decent deal to be fair.  It'll be a huge upgrade on a 10 year old laptop and will manage 3D graphics at medium to high settings.

1 hour ago, kevhamster said:

I'd go for this: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-vector-gp66-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i9-rtx-3080-1-tb-ssd-10234013.html, which is the middle one of the 3.

Joint best CPU and best graphics card.

I had to look carefully seeing as the top one had DDR5 RAM compared to DDR4, but based on the info I can find, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount in it between those two standard currently, for example what it states here: https://uk.pcmag.com/components/137374/ddr5-vs-ddr4-how-much-performance-will-you-gain-from-todays-newest-ram

Yeah it's a tricky one isn't it!

Initially I was drawn to option number 3 (despite the awful yellow colour! :D , but I then realised a 17inch screen wouldn't be hugely advantageous as seen as I'm in the habit of mostly using an external monitor! I then was leaning towards the Legion, partly due to the DDR5 but as you say it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

I'm torn between the Legion and the GP66. From the looks of it there's doesn't seem to be too much difference between the respective CPU's and GPU's!

8 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Yeah it's a tricky one isn't it!

Initially I was drawn to option number 3 (despite the awful yellow colour! :D , but I then realised a 17inch screen wouldn't be hugely advantageous as seen as I'm in the habit of mostly using an external monitor! I then was leaning towards the Legion, partly due to the DDR5 but as you say it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

I'm torn between the Legion and the GP66. From the looks of it there's doesn't seem to be too much difference between the respective CPU's and GPU's!

They're all excellent specs so you can't go wrong with any of them in my opinion, especially at that subsidised price.  The GP66 would be my personal choice though.

They're all excellent specs so you can't go wrong with any of them in my opinion, especially at that subsidised price.  The GP66 would be my personal choice though.

Amazing. Thanks for your opinion also.

I noticed the 3080 GPU on the Vector isn't a TI model and when looking on GPU benchmarking sites it actually seems to score lower than the 3070 TI which is interesting! 

23 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Amazing. Thanks for your opinion also.

I noticed the 3080 GPU on the Vector isn't a TI model and when looking on GPU benchmarking sites it actually seems to score lower than the 3070 TI which is interesting! 

It's close, but this site puts the 3080 ahead: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3070-Ti/4080vs4116

Would like to get back into FM after almost 10 years, very helpful thread so thanks everyone.

Budget is around £500 - £650. Would be mainly used for football manager and occasionally general browsing and streaming Netflix etc.

My preference has always been to play 2D so not too worried about 3D at all. My main concern is being able to load the most leagues and biggest database I can for a laptop within that budget.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

6 hours ago, jag77afc said:

Would like to get back into FM after almost 10 years, very helpful thread so thanks everyone.

Budget is around £500 - £650. Would be mainly used for football manager and occasionally general browsing and streaming Netflix etc.

My preference has always been to play 2D so not too worried about 3D at all. My main concern is being able to load the most leagues and biggest database I can for a laptop within that budget.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Based on what I can see, I'd go for this one: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/dell-inspiron-15-3525-15.6-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-512-gb-ssd-black-10240539.html

Hi, so, first post here. Had the original Champ manager/ football manager back in god knows when, was it Kevin Toms, 1980's...anyway, loved it and spent many many hours at night playing it on my Spectrum when should have been studying yada yada...  Briefly came back about 12/13years ago but now due to a recent divorce I find myself with a lot more time on my hands and what better way to spend it than by buying the new FM2023 :-)

Pc is 8 years old, wont do windows 11 and probably needs replacing. I have an xbox for games so the PC is only used for very light photo editing (just a casual user) and browsing the net, so can you please recommend a PC that would run FM, I do like my graphics and replays though so presume a decent graphics card is needed...budget around £6-700 although obv cheaper the better. Bit of a revelation that you can stream from PC to laptop so need to be able to do that, if that makes any difference (you can tell my PC knowledge is errmm, poor) ;-)

Many thanks

Ian

1 hour ago, Iancity said:

Hi, so, first post here. Had the original Champ manager/ football manager back in god knows when, was it Kevin Toms, 1980's...anyway, loved it and spent many many hours at night playing it on my Spectrum when should have been studying yada yada...  Briefly came back about 12/13years ago but now due to a recent divorce I find myself with a lot more time on my hands and what better way to spend it than by buying the new FM2023 :-)

Pc is 8 years old, wont do windows 11 and probably needs replacing. I have an xbox for games so the PC is only used for very light photo editing (just a casual user) and browsing the net, so can you please recommend a PC that would run FM, I do like my graphics and replays though so presume a decent graphics card is needed...budget around £6-700 although obv cheaper the better. Bit of a revelation that you can stream from PC to laptop so need to be able to do that, if that makes any difference (you can tell my PC knowledge is errmm, poor) ;-)

Many thanks

Ian

Assuming you're meaning a desktop PC.  This is a very good deal: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/medion-akoya-p66094-gaming-pc-intel-core-i5-gtx-1660-super-512-gb-ssd-10242443.html

Deal: ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC Windows 11 Pro,16GB DDR4 512GB SSD AMD Ryzen 5 5600U Mini Gaming PC, Micro Desktop Computer with 4K UHD,Dual Band WiFi,Gigabit Ethernet,HDMI,BT4.2 For Business Home Theater https://amzn.eu/d/1O5Lx6O

How would this work graphics wise with FM?

I think everything else is on/above spec although never heard of the brand.

1 hour ago, Blanch82 said:

Deal: ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC Windows 11 Pro,16GB DDR4 512GB SSD AMD Ryzen 5 5600U Mini Gaming PC, Micro Desktop Computer with 4K UHD,Dual Band WiFi,Gigabit Ethernet,HDMI,BT4.2 For Business Home Theater https://amzn.eu/d/1O5Lx6O

How would this work graphics wise with FM?

I think everything else is on/above spec although never heard of the brand.

I've never heard of them either, but spec-wise that's a cracking deal.  In terms of graphics it'll be good for medium settings on the 3D graphics, possibly higher.  Really funky looking device as well.

On 07/01/2023 at 10:35, Smurf said:

Yeh I would agree with Kev here.

The 5600H is better. The 5825U is probably a thin and light laptop designed for portability - U being the clue - as it will be designed for lower TDP meaning during high intensity use it will stay at lower speeds to maintain battery - this is known as throttling.

If it's just sitting on the desk or around the house plugged in - then the H processors are much better and don't throttle. 

even the one linked by Kev has the U processor - I'd still go for the H processor based on the no-throttling.

So you are saying that if I intend to just use it as a normal computer - albeit a small one - I should go with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor one?

15 hours ago, Adzke said:

So you are saying that if I intend to just use it as a normal computer - albeit a small one - I should go with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor one?

Between the Ryzen 5 5600H and Ryzen 7 5825U, the benchmarks suggest there's not a huge amount in it between them, but as Smurf said there is the prospect of throttling under heavy load with the Ryzen 7.

Hello KevHamster, you may just be a fortune saver here! I'm looking to upgrade my laptop and get back into FM, it's been around 6 years! I've been looking around and have come across a few deals and read good reviews but I don't know exactly which laptop to go for out of my choices or if there's a better one out there.

I'm looking for a laptop that will easily handle 10 leagues minimum on the large database. A laptop that can also run twitch and football streams alongside the game and to be fair this could probably be done for around £500. I'm wanting a laptop however that could be pushed to do more and will last at least 5 years with great FM performance. 

So here's my list:

Acer Aspire Vero

MSI GF63

Idea Gaming Pad 3

MSI Katana GF66

Acer Nitro 5

My budget can be pushed, ideally I'd spend around £800 but what the heck everything can be financed these days, even my Jude Bellingham signing on FM will be! If that Acer Nitro blows everything out the water (and currently has a saving of £350 apparently) I'll sell a kidney and get it.

10 hours ago, Liverpool_96 said:

Hello KevHamster, you may just be a fortune saver here! I'm looking to upgrade my laptop and get back into FM, it's been around 6 years! I've been looking around and have come across a few deals and read good reviews but I don't know exactly which laptop to go for out of my choices or if there's a better one out there.

I'm looking for a laptop that will easily handle 10 leagues minimum on the large database. A laptop that can also run twitch and football streams alongside the game and to be fair this could probably be done for around £500. I'm wanting a laptop however that could be pushed to do more and will last at least 5 years with great FM performance. 

So here's my list:

Acer Aspire Vero

MSI GF63

Idea Gaming Pad 3

MSI Katana GF66

Acer Nitro 5

My budget can be pushed, ideally I'd spend around £800 but what the heck everything can be financed these days, even my Jude Bellingham signing on FM will be! If that Acer Nitro blows everything out the water (and currently has a saving of £350 apparently) I'll sell a kidney and get it.

Taking into account what you want, bearing in mind the extras you want running in the background I'd definitely suggest looking at a model with 16GB RAM, given how much memory Chrome likes to use.

That specific Acer Nitro is very good.   I wouldn't say it blows the MSI Katana out of the water though, although it is definitely a bit stronger.

That said, the one I'd go with is this: https://www.currys.co.uk/products/acer-nitro-5-15.6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-rtx-3050-ti-512-gb-ssd-10238555.html

Based on the benchmarking site notebook check, it has a slightly stronger CPU than the others and it's closer to the £800 budget you initially stated.  The graphics card isn't as strong, but will still be more than enough to max out FM's graphics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.html?

image.thumb.png.1f297d3fe925caccd1fac7b23aa2284b.png

Thank you very much for the reply. So you don't think the Nitro at £1050 is too good a deal to miss out on by being down £350? I'm surprised a cheaper laptop turns out to be better to be honest, if your personal budget could fit the Nitro or any other laptop at £1000, you'd still choose the 512GB SSD Nitro at £850?

I "thought" this was going to be more than enough when I purchased it 3 years ago.  And while not shabby, it has not really lived up to my expectations for FM.  What is your advice?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 2.55.45 PM.png

Edited by psucolonel

14 hours ago, Liverpool_96 said:

Thank you very much for the reply. So you don't think the Nitro at £1050 is too good a deal to miss out on by being down £350? I'm surprised a cheaper laptop turns out to be better to be honest, if your personal budget could fit the Nitro or any other laptop at £1000, you'd still choose the 512GB SSD Nitro at £850?

Purely for FM, yes.  If you are playing other games as well, then I would go for the more expensive one on account of the better graphics card and higher SSD capacity.

13 hours ago, psucolonel said:

I "thought" this was going to be more than enough when I purchased it 3 years ago.  And while not shabby, it has not really lived up to my expectations for FM.  What is your advice?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 2.55.45 PM.png

I'm guessing from what I can see is that it's this model: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i9-2.4-eight-core-16-2019-scissor-specs.html

Where is it not meeting your expectations?  You've not specified what your issues are with it.

CPU-wise, it's still very good even by current standards.  My guess is your issues may be with how it handles the 3D match engine as it's got the old Intel UHD integrated graphics, which were never that capable.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but what I will say is that computer should be excellent for most computing tasks, but gaming will be one area where it falls short due to the weak graphical capability.

Edited by kevhamster

6 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Purely for FM, yes.  If you are playing other games as well, then I would go for the more expensive one on account of the better graphics card and higher SSD capacity.

Thanks Kev, I think I would like to be able to have the option to play other games on it, such as Apex Legends. I know that's a little bit off the FM topic but for £1000ish would the Nitro I linked be best to handle both games? (not simultaneously)

6 hours ago, kevhamster said:

I'm guessing from what I can see is that it's this model: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i9-2.4-eight-core-16-2019-scissor-specs.html

Where is it not meeting your expectations?  You've not specified what your issues are with it.

CPU-wise, it's still very good even by current standards.  My guess is your issues may be with how it handles the 3D match engine as it's got the old Intel UHD integrated graphics, which were never that capable.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but what I will say is that computer should be excellent for most computing tasks, but gaming will be one area where it falls short due to the weak graphical capability.

No...my issue is with the number of leagues and detail I can run.  I prefer a larger and more realistic world, but I am finding I need to put most nations on "view only".  Is this normal?

23 minutes ago, Liverpool_96 said:

Thanks Kev, I think I would like to be able to have the option to play other games on it, such as Apex Legends. I know that's a little bit off the FM topic but for £1000ish would the Nitro I linked be best to handle both games? (not simultaneously)

Yeah, I'd go for the other one then as the 3050Ti graphics card has less VRAM than the recommended specs for Apex Legends, where as the 3060 in the more expensive one has the recommended 8GB VRAM.

15 minutes ago, psucolonel said:

No...my issue is with the number of leagues and detail I can run.  I prefer a larger and more realistic world, but I am finding I need to put most nations on "view only".  Is this normal?

The more leagues you run, the slower the game will get even with high end CPU's, and this will get more noticable the longer the save goes on.  That said, I'm not sure what sort of speeds you're seeing so whether it's quite as expected or not is difficult to quantify.

My suggestion would be to run the benchmarking tests for FM as per the thread linked below and see how the speeds you're getting compare to tests others have done:

Yeah, I'd go for the other one then as the 3050Ti graphics card has less VRAM than the recommended specs for Apex Legends, where as the 3060 in the more expensive one has the recommended 8GB VRAM.

Thank you, one last bit - is AMD Ryzen generallly better than Intel iWhatever number? How is this compared to the £1050 option Nitro I linked?

Amd

Use = Purely for gaming, FM of course but I like other games like Far Cry, Dying Light etc.. Im not massive for online gaming with others

Budget = Around £1500 but can go higher if it would be worth it

Location = UK

Make = Not too fussed but preferably not Lenovo as it's the only make of laptop I've had issues with, although again if it was worth it then I would consider buying another one

FM Specs = I like massive databases over 150k players

On 20/01/2023 at 17:31, Liverpool_96 said:

Thank you, one last bit - is AMD Ryzen generallly better than Intel iWhatever number? How is this compared to the £1050 option Nitro I linked?

Amd

Not specifically, some Ryzens will be better than some Intel processors and vice versa so there is no yes or no answer to that.

And that one isn't as good as the Nitro one you linked as that Nitro has a better CPU.

On 21/01/2023 at 11:32, DizzyNewHeights said:

Use = Purely for gaming, FM of course but I like other games like Far Cry, Dying Light etc.. Im not massive for online gaming with others

Budget = Around £1500 but can go higher if it would be worth it

Location = UK

Make = Not too fussed but preferably not Lenovo as it's the only make of laptop I've had issues with, although again if it was worth it then I would consider buying another one

FM Specs = I like massive databases over 150k players

https://www.box.co.uk/9S7-158314-067-MSI-Pulse-GL66-Intel-Core-i9-16GB-RAM-1_4103717.html

9 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Not specifically, some Ryzens will be better than some Intel processors and vice versa so there is no yes or no answer to that.

And that one isn't as good as the Nitro one you linked as that Nitro has a better CPU.

Brilliant thank you, in typical fashion the original Nitro I linked has gone up £80 out of nowhere to £1129, is that still the best on offer for that price? 

14 minutes ago, Liverpool_96 said:

Brilliant thank you, in typical fashion the original Nitro I linked has gone up £80 out of nowhere to £1129, is that still the best on offer for that price? 

If you have looked at it a few times, some shops increase the price since you are likely to buy it, try to look at it in incognito mode and see if the price changes. I see the one you linked to as £1,099.99

32 minutes ago, Liverpool_96 said:

It's better than anything else I can see at that price point.

3 hours ago, XaW said:

If you have looked at it a few times, some shops increase the price since you are likely to buy it, try to look at it in incognito mode and see if the price changes. I see the one you linked to as £1,099.99

holy smokes thank you, didn't even think about that! 

ah I think you're talking about the costco one, not the original one from currys. thanks anyway!

also @kevhamster, thanks for all the help!

Edited by Liverpool_96

Played FM for years and thinking of going a bit crazy and getting a really good laptop so i can (finally) play a load of league (well most hopefully) 

Budget between 1-2K

have no idea of what is a good gaming laptop so hopefully you kind people could help me out  

its only really to play FM but might start playing other games if i can but dont mine paying a bit extra to get a really good one 

Hello All,

I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to the latest tech - I have a basic idea but some pointers from experts would come in handy.

Would this machine be good for running FM? I'm guessing it could handle a few leagues etc.. but how would it handle the 3D?

I'm not much of a gamer, the only thing I play is FM and sometimes a bit of retro gaming (CM01/02). I also do a bit of light video editing, nothing too intensive and then some work related stuff (Excel, Power BI).

ASUS ZenBook 14 UM425QA 14" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7, 512 GB SSD, Grey

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TheGoodRebel

6 hours ago, wesleymcuk said:

Played FM for years and thinking of going a bit crazy and getting a really good laptop so i can (finally) play a load of league (well most hopefully) 

Budget between 1-2K

have no idea of what is a good gaming laptop so hopefully you kind people could help me out  

its only really to play FM but might start playing other games if i can but dont mine paying a bit extra to get a really good one 

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/acer-nitro-5-15.6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i9-rtx-3060-1-tb-ssd-10237643.html

This is a very good deal. Very strong CPU and very capable graphics card. 

6 hours ago, TheGoodRebel said:

Hello All,

I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to the latest tech - I have a basic idea but some pointers from experts would come in handy.

Would this machine be good for running FM? I'm guessing it could handle a few leagues etc.. but how would it handle the 3D?

I'm not much of a gamer, the only thing I play is FM and sometimes a bit of retro gaming (CM01/02). I also do a bit of light video editing, nothing too intensive and then some work related stuff (Excel, Power BI).

ASUS ZenBook 14 UM425QA 14" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7, 512 GB SSD, Grey

Thanks in advance!

It'd be decent in terms of processing. Graphically it'll be fine for medium to high settings. 

Hi All!

I currently have an Acer Nitro 5, Specs below.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB
Graphics    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I have been thinking of getting a desktop but I really don't know too much about what Processor/Graphics cards are good performance/value.  I only really play FM but wouldn't mind trying out some other PC games. Do you have any advice on a good desktop for around £1000 with better performance than the laptop I currently have?

Thanks!

Aaron

Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve played. Ready to give it another go.

I usually play with 8-10 leagues across 5-7 countries with roughly 60-100k players (I usually load all Europe and all South American players). I like the game to move fast and comfortable and I always play on 2D. My careers tend to last 30-50 years but due to time commitments I’d be surprised if I manage a 20 year career.

I like a larger and clear screen and when at home I’ll connect the laptop to my monitor. I’d like the laptop to be able to play future versions comfortably, too. It will only be used for FM and maybe rollercoaster tycoon.

Budget - £800

Many thanks. 

Edited by DE-Z

On 24/01/2023 at 23:37, TheGoodRebel said:

Thank you for coming back to me. Do you think it'd be worthwhile getting, or are there better options out there for the money?

For video editing, which I noticed you mentioned as well, you probably want to look at one with 16GB RAM and a graphics card, but I can't really see anything for the same price. As long as you're happy that the rendering may take a little while it's probably about the best one for that kind of money. 

On 25/01/2023 at 08:54, AaronM1991 said:

Hi All!

I currently have an Acer Nitro 5, Specs below.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB
Graphics    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I have been thinking of getting a desktop but I really don't know too much about what Processor/Graphics cards are good performance/value.  I only really play FM but wouldn't mind trying out some other PC games. Do you have any advice on a good desktop for around £1000 with better performance than the laptop I currently have?

Thanks!

Aaron

https://www.box.co.uk/Cube-Epic-White_4351173.html?config=2335985,3608339,4086959,4103349,4142637

On 25/01/2023 at 09:42, streety81 said:

Looking to buy a laptop purely just to play football manager on but on a tight budget and absolutely know nothing about computers and specs so would just like to know if this laptop is good enough to run the game. Thanks in advance

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4191898

Yes, it'll run the game. It's probably the best one you'll find for that money, but you will probably need to use lower graphics presets.