[Wales] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Wales competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Wales should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

The Welsh Premier Development League structure is incorrect which appears to be an issue carried over from FM20. There are also a few teams which should be in a youth league which aren't. For e.g. TNS U19s should be in the Welsh Premier Development League (North) and they aren't.

There should be the Welsh Premier Development League North and South divisions (remove the Welsh Premier Development League) with the correct teams assigned to them. If that is not possible then perhaps there should be generic formats for each division mirroring the first team leagues. That would sacrifice a bit of realism but leaving it as it is will be an issue that potentially damages the ability to develop youth in Wales.

Proof that TNS should be in the development league north - https://www.tnsfc.co.uk/academy/welsh-premier-league-development-north/

What the final table looked like of the 2 divisions before the season was cancelled - https://www.cymrufootball.wales/news/cymru-prem-development-league/

22 hours ago, pheelf said:

The Welsh Premier Development League structure is incorrect which appears to be an issue carried over from FM20. There are also a few teams which should be in a youth league which aren't. For e.g. TNS U19s should be in the Welsh Premier Development League (North) and they aren't.

There should be the Welsh Premier Development League North and South divisions (remove the Welsh Premier Development League) with the correct teams assigned to them. If that is not possible then perhaps there should be generic formats for each division mirroring the first team leagues. That would sacrifice a bit of realism but leaving it as it is will be an issue that potentially damages the ability to develop youth in Wales.

Proof that TNS should be in the development league north - https://www.tnsfc.co.uk/academy/welsh-premier-league-development-north/

What the final table looked like of the 2 divisions before the season was cancelled - https://www.cymrufootball.wales/news/cymru-prem-development-league/

Ok, thanks for reporting this. I'm logging this issue now.

Could you confirm: are you saying that the Welsh Premier Development League doesn't exist? In the game, the winners of North and South play off to determine the Welsh Premier Development League winner. Does this happen in real life?

3 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Ok, thanks for reporting this. I'm logging this issue now.

Could you confirm: are you saying that the Welsh Premier Development League doesn't exist? In the game, the winners of North and South play off to determine the Welsh Premier Development League winner. Does this happen in real life?

Thanks for responding so promptly. As far as I'm aware the Welsh Premier Development League doesn't exist.

This document is slightly out of date (it's for the 2018/2019 season - last full season) but it explains the format of the development league. I would assume that this remains the ideal format that they would like to have going forward (2 regional divisions of 12 teams). You are correct that the winners of the two regional divisions playoff against each other to determine the overall national winner which then goes forward to play in the following seasons UEFA Youth League. 

As for whether the playoff actually takes place or not, it took place in the 2017/18 & 2018/19 seasons so it does happen in real life.

All the best

19 minutes ago, pheelf said:

Thanks for responding so promptly. As far as I'm aware the Welsh Premier Development League doesn't exist.

This document is slightly out of date (it's for the 2018/2019 season - last full season) but it explains the format of the development league. I would assume that this remains the ideal format that they would like to have going forward (2 regional divisions of 12 teams). You are correct that the winners of the two regional divisions playoff against each other to determine the overall national winner which then goes forward to play in the following seasons UEFA Youth League. 

As for whether the playoff actually takes place or not, it took place in the 2017/18 & 2018/19 seasons so it does happen in real life.

All the best

Great, thanks for clearing up. Looks like the Welsh Premier Development League is just where the winners of the North and South play off so really the issue with that is that it should have a clearer name. But looks like we've logged everything to do with the actual structures of the leagues so I think we're good now on this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

The current setup has the old Welsh div 3 competitions as the third tier, not the Ardal Leagues which replaced them. Odd given that the Ardal leagues have already been added to the game!

This is causing lots of Editor issues as well. Please could you take a look at this when you get a chance?

Thanks

(also apologies for posting in the wrong place to begin with, thanks for moving)

Edited by Ieuano

• SI Staff
22 hours ago, Ieuano said:

Cardiff Draconians should be in the Ardal South West league, they filled STM Sports slot after the latter withdrew.

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/cardiff-draconians-fill-ardal-sw-vacancy/

20 hours ago, Ieuano said:

Abertillery Excelsiors play in the Ardal South East, not the gwent county league.

These are both data issues, please paste it in the Welsh data Issues thread which is attached below. Thanks.

On 12/11/2020 at 15:05, pheelf said:

All the best

@Stephen Glennon @pheelf

The Welsh Premier Development League does exist, it's the umbrella term used for the respective North and South regional divisions. 

The winners of each division play in an end of season play-off to determine the overall winner. Some details around the naming of the competition can be found here

Edited by Colorado

On 24/11/2020 at 13:12, Ieuano said:

The current setup has the old Welsh div 3 competitions as the third tier, not the Ardal Leagues which replaced them. Odd given that the Ardal leagues have already been added to the game!

This is causing lots of Editor issues as well. Please could you take a look at this when you get a chance?

Thanks

(also apologies for posting in the wrong place to begin with, thanks for moving)

This has been logged with David Siddall

Pretty sure I reported this in FM20 as well, but I guess I should do it again. 

VGlkaW5.png

I can't be relegated as I'm in the Championship Conference. Any team in the Championship conference should be exempt from relegation scrap news articles.

If this is still a known issue, then just let me know and I'll stop reporting it.

15 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

I am unable to play with my normal squad, and instead I have to play with greyed players in the Nathaniel MG Cup, because my players didn´t comeback from Holidays yet.

Bug2.jpg

That doesn't look right, best if you log and upload that as a bug so that they can take a look at it. 

Edited by Colorado

2 minutes ago, Colorado said:

Well, you can upload your save so they can identify exactly what's causing it. I haven't seen that before so it's not occuring every time. 

Thanks man, is the first time this ever happens to me too in all the FMs I played.

I'll wait until a mod comes around and gives me instructions on what to do next.

@sharkn20

Well in fairness, I suspect it's a busy period for them and these people are still all remote working as far as I understand. 

So as it appears to be a bug, you upload your save to their cloud and here are the instructions. It's quick and straightforward, you just drop your save file in there. 

Just confirm the name of the file you are uploading in this thread so that they can find it. I'm sure it won't be ignored. 

Edited by Colorado