Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

42 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Is nobody else bothered about there being about 40 blocked crosses a game and 20 corners a game?

Yeah I noticed a little excessive corner amount in many games. Also AI vs AI games they tend to end with 15+ corners

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say loving the new game this year and most of the new feature. Would love to know if I am the only one having this “problem”.

Whenever my team score I instinctively go to “shouts” to click praise (force of habit and feels like I’m joining in the celebrations). This year the praise button is no longer on the bottom so the majority  of times I score i forget the button has moved and accidentally hit “berate” as this is where praise used to be. 

Instantly have visions of my players celebrating near the corner flag and me standing on the touch line going ballistic.

46 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Its gotta be your tactics.

My midfieldiers have the best ratings of the team (one of them is a DM on support, lol) 

And wide areas do not need more assists, please dont let them comeback to fm20

Am a very strong team in Juventus in a league am top of and undefeated in over 20 matches, am pretty sure its not the tactics, everything i have mentioned is based on over 20 years of experience playing management games designed by sports interactive. Why do you mention DM position when i specifically mentioned Midfield Centre area! and if you want to back up these claims of such great ratings for this position then your more than welcome.

So far so good. Enjoying the game and especially the ME, which needed massive improvement. Do hope the difficulty levels are adjusted however, cause even with self-imposed restrictions, the game does feel too easy right now.

One question, I might have missed it, but how I do import training schedules? 

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but is it another design choice to no longer be able to praise or criticise your players' training performance?

you can still do it, by either right clicking a player -  interaction - speak about - than either praise or warn the option is there, or by training and individual the option is there as well

Edited by Spedding

image.thumb.png.2bdad3d72edc406ec3ee9b409b438868.png

image.thumb.png.3c720f4130aa98c486fd08fe50713c04.png

The game won't let me select a squad number for Juan Rodriguez so I am literally stuck at this screen. Cannot remove him from the squad as the team has been submitted. I will have to reload the save in order to continue.

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but is it another design choice to no longer be able to praise or criticise your players' training performance?

Yeah it Kicks in once the season started (well it did for me), so not sure if that's intentional or a bug 

One of the things that thought needed a overhaul was communication side between player and manager. It’s always been poor and that doesn’t seem to have changed. It’s far to easy to upset players. Example, my centre back is jaded so I said I’ll rest you for 2 weeks but he said I’m  fine so I suggested the next match and he replied  I quote to be honest I’m still a little offended you would ask, and I’m not sure I trust you not to do it anyway. This happens far to often.

4 horas atrás, Raymond85 disse:

You’re not alone.... i have played only 2 competitive games after the friendlies since i installed the game, i just can’t get into it, it seems a chore now and i miss how i could Just let months fly by ingame With fm20.

and this is driving me crazy, as i really love the new match engine and all those small qol changes. Almost everything is a great upgrade.

except all this unnecessary invasive “realism”.

i want to have fun, and stick To my game for hours. I want a game, not having to “watch football with the eyes of a manager”, having to check every single player one by one to see if they are fatigued or if their body language is good or bad.

matches take more than double the time they use to, and also press conferences and talks, i have to look at lots of different things before i choose what i want.

i will give it another try today after work, but it quickly starts to feel like a chore, and less of a game

I disagree. You can delegate these tasks to your assistant, I did. Some clicks are really annoying, but it's a matter of adaptation, and you get used to it

vor 6 Minuten schrieb swordy9320:

As per usual, every United player is MASSIVELY overrated and it messes up the realism of the game.  Top of the league on mine, Martial is the league's top scorer and is basically Aguero (possibly the finest striker the Premier League has ever known stats wise) with -1 to his striker stats.  Bruno is better than De Bruyne, Harry Maguire is the new Bobby Moore and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer isn't some ex-player very obviously out of his depth but instead a motivation genius.

It's all so tiresome how United have only scraped the top four twice in about seven years but on every single FM they're challenging and winning leagues.  It's like England.  All the players are hugely overrated and they end up winning the World Cup on every FM despite very clearly in retrospect that being a laughable prospect.

post that in the PL thread of the database and research thread pls.

Just a bit of feedback on the quick press questions you get in your inbox, like "there is a rumour Player X is wanted by Team X, what is your comment on that".

In FM20 I could see all the answers in the news item and could click one of them and that would be it.

in FM21, I first need to click on 'Respond' to open the pop up where I can select my answer, then click my answer, then click 'end chat'.

This is two additional clicks that don't seem necessary. I understand there is a new UI for interactions but it doesn't seem necessary for this interaction as it takes up more time to do what was previously a very quick thing.

Everything is great.  the ME is amazing.

but what were they thinking of the match UI. absolute mess. removing the widget for 2D is even worse. now there's a plenty of dull grey all around the screen and completely losing immersion.

Another thing that's annoying me - and I hate moaning about these things, as I'm usually very positive about the game - is that at half time when you can check all the analysis, there is nowhere to click to make tactical tweaks based on that. You have to go into the dressing room to access the tactics menu bit, and once there, it doesn't allow you back to the analysis screens. Surely tactics and tactical analysis should be attainable from the same screen? 

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

One thing that may help you out as you get used to the gestures is if you select one it will disable responses that don't go with that gesture, so you can see which gestures and which answers go together to get a better understanding of how the game ins interpreting the gesture (and answer).

I see, thanks!

One more thing, if you don't mind @michaeltmurrayuk, since I saw you explained the new Role Ability ratings the other day... How are they different from the ones you get from the Squad Depth screen?

On one screen, my Assistant Manager (16/15 JPA/JPP) is telling me we've got four 4*+ BPDs. On the other, the ratings are lower. Ratings on the Squad Depth screen are higher for most of the roles.

IguRYm5.jpg

FTtVXGm.jpg

27 minutes ago, swordy9320 said:

As per usual, every United player is MASSIVELY overrated and it messes up the realism of the game.  Top of the league on mine, Martial is the league's top scorer and is basically Aguero (possibly the finest striker the Premier League has ever known stats wise) with -1 to his striker stats.  Bruno is better than De Bruyne, Harry Maguire is the new Bobby Moore and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer isn't some ex-player very obviously out of his depth but instead a motivation genius.

It's all so tiresome how United have only scraped the top four twice in about seven years but on every single FM they're challenging and winning leagues.  It's like England.  All the players are hugely overrated and they end up winning the World Cup on every FM despite very clearly in retrospect that being a laughable prospect.

I've only simmed a season & Liverpool won the league with Man U a close second. When I had a quick look it was Cavani bagging for them & even Ighalo nearly hit double digits 

I do agree though how overrated Ole & Man U still seem to be, might be one for the data boards

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:
  • Is roaming playmaker from DMC new? I can already feel the tactical forum filled with posts on why defensive cover is poor from this role =D.

No :D I don't think there's anything new with roles 

1 minute ago, anindyarajan19 said:

While the ME is far better than FM20's, it still has some issues.

For the love of all that is good in this world, SI, please fix this.

Can you explain what the issue is? I want to direct you to the bugs forum, but it's not clear what the issue is, so I don't know which area to link you to.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Can you explain what the issue is? I want to direct you to the bugs forum, but it's not clear what the issue is, so I don't know which area to link you to.

The issue is that my RB isn't even trying to mark the opponent LW. Both the fullbacks are in the same line as the CBs due to which there is far too much space here.

3 hours ago, mistershoko said:

dude make up your mind

image.png.4e49a1634846f5323f61f15690539717.png

1 hour ago, crarfc said:

terrific  game, runs very well,started 2 games, one with Rangers and one with Brentford.

only problem i have as the awful stats (and no change) for Michail Antonio!!! Hes now a striker (not been changed) and  compared to the likes of Ashley Barnes he looks very poor.

this definitely needs looked at,

52 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

The game won't let me select a squad number for Juan Rodriguez so I am literally stuck at this screen. Cannot remove him from the squad as the team has been submitted. I will have to reload the save in order to continue.

6 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

While the ME is far better than FM20's, it still has some issues.

For the love of all that is good in this world, SI, please fix this.20201112174857_1.thumb.jpg.49385a4fe2d59618d2482f5cf0d1839a.jpg

Guys, rather than post these all here, post them in the respective beta bug reporting forum. In this thread they're useless and will get lost amongst the other posts, bugs need to go over there.

@anindyarajan19 @crarfc - You need to be clear what the issues you're raising are when you post them over on the bug forum. Explain exactly what the issue is, provide saves and pkms, etc. As for issues with a player, you'll need to provide evidence for what changes in positions, attributes, etc, you're suggesting.

2 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

The issue is that my RB isn't even trying to mark the opponent LW. Both the fullbacks are in the same line as the CBs due to which there is far too much space here.

Unless you've given him specific man marking duties, he's not going to follow the player everywhere. It might be worth posting in the tactics forum to get some advice on how to get your marking set up more effectively.

I presume it's been intentionally removed but is there any way to get the same effect of the old get creative shout during a match (from the shouts available?). As I understood it this basically made players more likely to take risks and had found it helped to break down teams that were ultra defensive in previous editions. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I see, thanks!

One more thing, if you don't mind @michaeltmurrayuk, since I saw you explained the new Role Ability ratings the other day... How are they different from the ones you get from the Squad Depth screen?

On one screen, my Assistant Manager (16/15 JPA/JPP) is telling me we've got four 4*+ BPDs. On the other, the ratings are lower. Ratings on the Squad Depth screen are higher for most of the roles.

IguRYm5.jpg

FTtVXGm.jpg

That looks like a bug so best raising in the bugs forum (looks like the Squad Depth Screen is translating position rating to stars rather than role rating)

1 hour ago, KeegBCFC said:

image.thumb.png.2bdad3d72edc406ec3ee9b409b438868.png

Worth raising that issue in the bugs forum, though in the meantime you might be able to get past the screen by either using the Auto Number option from the bottom, or try backing out of that screen and going on holiday for one day to get past it.

Im mostly encouraged by the comments on here, especially regarding the ME. 

But can people please give their views on the difficulty of the game.. I'm concerned based on numerous comments that it's too easy?? 

I appreciate that there are ways to artificially make the game harder for yourself, but you shouldn't have to

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Worth raising that issue in the bugs forum, though in the meantime you might be able to get past the screen by either using the Auto Number option from the bottom, or try backing out of that screen and going on holiday for one day to get past it.

I've checked and it's been raised in the relevant bugs forum thanks

58 minutes ago, swordy9320 said:

The developers are predominately English. They’re allowed to give England this boost IMO :cool:

Just now, davidmn27 said:

Im mostly encouraged by the comments on here, especially regarding the ME. 

But can people please give their views on the difficulty of the game.. I'm concerned based on numerous comments that it's too easy?? 

I appreciate that there are ways to artificially make the game harder for yourself, but you shouldn't have to

Thanks 

Well, I'm playing in the lower league and I'm doing well, but not insanely. I've been using the same tactic that I developed for FM17 and have used ever since (small tweaks) and it's always been quite successful. Still, I'm having issues conceding too much, and I see my defenders getting dragged out of position too much for my likening.

So I'd say it's easy to get your instructions replicated in the match engine, but your flaws are also reflected better than before. So my initial feeling is that structurally "sound" tactics will do well, but if you have flaws in it they could be exploited. Don't quite know how difficult it is though, but I don't play with top teams and haven't done so the last 7-8 years, so I can't say how it is "up there".

I really miss the widgets and timeline in the matchday view. I use the 2D visualisation and it means that there's a lot of blank space around the edge of the screen now that I'd like to fill up with useful information like I've been able to do for the last few years. At the very least I wish that clicking the icon in the top left to get the stats was a persistent thing that didn't close itself.

Removing the timeline just plain sucks. I know it's been done because it's not realistic that you could re-watch things on the fly, but y'know what else isn't realistic? Me being manager of Everton.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Well, I'm playing in the lower league and I'm doing well, but not insanely. I've been using the same tactic that I developed for FM17 and have used ever since (small tweaks) and it's always been quite successful. Still, I'm having issues conceding too much, and I see my defenders getting dragged out of position too much for my likening.

So I'd say it's easy to get your instructions replicated in the match engine, but your flaws are also reflected better than before. So my initial feeling is that structurally "sound" tactics will do well, but if you have flaws in it they could be exploited. Don't quite know how difficult it is though, but I don't play with top teams and haven't done so the last 7-8 years, so I can't say how it is "up there".

Thank you, makes a lot of sense and very encouraging 

10 minutes ago, swordy9320 said:

lmao

Scott McTominay just went to Bayern Munich on my game.  

This is ridiculous.

To be fair Bayern are after a backup defensive mid at the start of the game. The bastards stole Jefferson Lerma from under my nose after I'd offered him a contract :mad:

Edited by tiotom92

I personally don't care about much of the extra things they added, and the match engine is absolutely brilliant and the changes to the games speed is great, and I like the match day "feel" of the match UI, But the UI, especially the match UI is awful.

Instead of body language, we now have smileys, which nobody knows what they mean, and so I can't instantly read what my players body language is, and wastes my time having to hover over each of them individually to see their issue, and I can't quickly glance at them to tell, because they're not all condensed into one space, they're across the entire bottom of the screen, which, might not seem like much, but it's awful to do constantly.

Then, if I want to make a quick oppositional instruction, I have to click through multiple screens, which is absurd. Drop menu's exist, and were used, for quick and easy access to where you wanted to go for this exact reason.

If i need to look quickly at oppositional players or my own players, I have to either open oppositional instructions, or click on the player, which takes me out of the match.

The only way you know a player has a knock is through your assistant manager, which is super easily missed, or if you go through the tactics screen. 

No timeline to easily go back to a certain point.

No widgets.

I personally have no problem with the new fatigue/match fitness.

Overall, all useful information is hard to acquire, and changing things requires multiple clicks which also wastes time, with features that didn't need to removed, removed, and features that didn't need to be changed, changed. I think if it was some slight match day changes, but the same UI and information of FM20, it would be great, and I would be happy, but, it's entirely unintuitive, lacks information, and has removed a lot of features.

Edited by BulletOfWar

Played just over half a season now, loaded the exact same setup as I normally have, all top European leagues plus the South American leagues of interest (Brazil & Argentina) collected my thoughts so here are some of my observations:-

Pros-

• The game processing speed is unreal, everything from loading up to saving to exiting the game, my machine is no slouch and easily sits well above the recommended requirements, I also always get a rating of High for graphics quality, but compared to last years game it's like my pc is on steroids, despite it still being the exact same setup (I--9750H @2.6 GHZ, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB) so massive props to the team for the optimization that has taken place behind the scenes.
  • The match engine is absolutely amazing it works like a dream, the play is much more realistic and I can see actual results from different tactical setups 
  • The A.I. managers make much more sensible decisions, both from a tactical and recruitment perspective. No more silly transfers that make sense (well yet anyway) 
  • Overall I have no real major complaints only minor niggles, which is a testament to how good the game is this year.

Cons-

• Whilst the match engine is great, I am struggling with the new Match UI, like others I miss the event timeline (the drop down option is not helpful for me) I also miss customisable and resizable widgets, the manager tablet just gets in the way of what is happening on the pitch, If there is a way to bring customisation back that would be great.
  • The press conferences, whilst having a new design which I like, are still very very repetitive and alot of the questions are the same stuff, I get that in real life football managers tend to get the same sort of questions about injuries and the like, but I still think there needs to be more variety across the board. 
  • Same goes for the team talks, the new gestures are confusing and I am not sure what they add especially when the questions are the same. 
  • My staff can still sometimes be very very silly, I will have a recruitment meeting and they will tell me I need to replace Ozil as he is in the last year of his contract, then proceed to recommend I sign a 33 year old replacement worth 20 million, bare in mind I have a recruitment requirement from my board to focus on signing young players and a transfer budget of just 4 million. It is frustrating because their recommendations never make any sense or help at all, is this down to the recruitment staff, scouting knowledge/pool? Or is it just that whilst a great new addition it needs a bit more fine tuning.

Like every year regardless of how the game plays I would not consider any other management game, but I have to say this year I am very impressed with how polished the beta is and look forward to the full release.