Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

Enjoying the game in general like the new features and the ME is a dream. 

Most frustrating thing for me though is the removal of the coloured bar on the match interface which showed the percentage possession each team had had over the last 5 mins. Unless I'm mistaken it had been there for YEARS like literally since Champ Man back in the 90s... and now it's just.... Gone? It was such an easy way of gauging how the game was going between highlights, I now don't feel like I actually know what's happening between highlights....  please bring it back!! 

Edited by improvox

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished my pre season games and played my first league game. All looks good to me match engine wise (great job as always guys!!!) Having trouble getting used to the widgets not being on the pitch / playing screen and have to pause at time to keep on top of things. Suspect it is just a case of getting used to it and being nearly 60 years old I suspect its me, but did use to like the widgets being shall I say more visable. 

Not sure if I should report the following or if others have already done so. With my Inbox the text is often white, but against a white background so I cant read it so just hitting continue and hoping I am not missing anything important, but do understand this is a beta!!!

Again great job guys, looking forward to really getting into it!!!

Really enjoying this year's game; the UI on match day will take some getting used to... but i'm getting there! Certainly seems a huge improvement in terms of central play/striker involvement in the ME - only concern is that no-one in my team ever seems to complete a dribble. Anyone else noticed this? 

18 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:
19 hours ago, M16h_11 said:

Still a problem with Nvida? My match engine is really laggy/jumpy

Did you update to the latest drivers? They're an unstable nightmare that introduced issues with a lot of games, roll back to the previous drivers.

Hi mate, You are talking to a computer idiot here sorry. How do I do this?

Thanks @JordanMillward_1

4 hours ago, Spedding said:

you can still do it, by either right clicking a player -  interaction - speak about - than either praise or warn the option is there, or by training and individual the option is there as well

On mine, I have right click player --> interaction -->Speak about --> praise/criticise --/// but not training --- only two options are conduct and (i think) previous match or recent form.  Will have a look in the training subsection however.

3 hours ago, keon said:

I must say, I'm impressed with this Beta version of the game.

The matchday UI is different and has been spoken about many times on here, I think it is a bit messy and that pass map screen is ridiculous (which I believe SI have already acknowledged) but it's just very different to 20, it needs time to get used to... and the shout button has moved, that's going to take me ages to get familiar with! One quick question though is can I add the woodwork stat in the match stats? The only way I can check otherwise (I think) is checking the shot positions screen.

Now the big one, which to me is 95% of this game, the ME. Much better, more fluid. I had to play FM20 on text only because I couldn't stand watching the games, but recently I decided to go 2D on FM20 and the ME is worse than I thought. I lost counts of how many times players pick up the ball from their own half and drove past everyone, or pick up the ball back to goal under no pressure, take the ball to the byline and skin the defender for pace.... something that rarely happens but happened too often. Seems to be toned down in this version which I'm very pleased with.

Attacking movement is much better, more incisive passing and more attempts of through balls (to be honest, we know most through balls don't come off IRL but FM20, they barely attempted it!). Defending seems a bit stronger, less likely to dive in and get caught out of position (tactic dependent).

A couple issues which I have found and I'm reluctant to raise as bugs because I don't know if it's affecting people as much as me are:

1) Centre backs missing headers from long balls over the defence. I'm playing as Spurs and one on one's happened four games in a row because of this. The defender looks well set to easily clear but he just misses the header, striker goes clean through. It doesn't happen that often at all IRL at a high level but I've seen it far too often. It could be the graphics deceiving me and the defender is actually struggling to get in a position to head the ball which could be the case, but to me it just looks like he's misjudged a simple hoof... I can provide PKMs if needed but just wanted to know if others saw it.

2) Strikers attempting to chip the goalie when clean through. Again, I've seen it quite a few times in a relatively short space of time and I don't think it's too realistic.

Otherwise, so far I'm happy with the other aspects of the game. Press conferences seem more immersive, talking to your players is much better and seems more realistic. I like the option to speak to a player's agent before bidding too.

One question I do have for people who have already got a long term save going, what are the newgens/youth intakes like? I can't remember off the top of my head but I think FM20 had an issue with newgens and their low determination initially so was wondering if there was anything like that? Can't see anything reported so I guess all is good.

There is a customize button on the match stats widget in the dataview -- you can add woodwork (and a host of other stats) to the match stats screen.

26 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

On mine, I have right click player --> interaction -->Speak about --> praise/criticise --/// but not training --- only two options are conduct and (i think) previous match or recent form.  Will have a look in the training subsection however.

I didn't at first but it appeared after the first league game 

I know I need my eyes retesting but I'm finding the commentary bar really small 

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

I didn't at first but it appeared after the first league game 

I know I need my eyes retesting but I'm finding the commentary bar really small 

I do agree the bar does seem a little small, even with my spectacles on it's pretty hard to make out at times :lol:

After played around 6 months of the season, I must say this has been a pleasant surprise for a beta (considering how critical I've been of FM20 in the past). The ME is superb and for the first time it's managed to convert me to watch my matches in 3d instead of 2d! So much smoother to watch and some of the play/goals I've seen has been a joy to watch! Big kudos on the ME.  - Only slight bug bearer for me has been penalties, either I've been incredibly unlucky or their might be a bug? Going through my players stats I've counted throughout the season I've had a total of 13 penalties and missed 9 of them, with all 9 being saved by the keeper and this is with various different takers.

The skin is much easier on the eye than the previous years and as much as I enjoyed the interactions with the media at first, attending every interview/press conference, I did find it getting tedious by the point I got to January and have found myself reducing the amount I attend, but still overall an improvement. Enjoying the new team talks too from seeing it via peoples stream, the end of the season round up is a very nice touch!

Match interface takes a little getting used to as already stated by others, could do with a tidy up - but overall the game is much better than I expected. 8/10 for me.

4 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

After played around 6 months of the season, I must say this has been a pleasant surprise for a beta (considering how critical I've been of FM20 in the past). The ME is superb and for the first time it's managed to convert me to watch my matches in 3d instead of 2d! So much smoother to watch and some of the play/goals I've seen has been a joy to watch! Big kudos on the ME.  - Only slight bug bearer for me has been penalties, either I've been incredibly unlucky or their might be a bug? Going through my players stats I've counted throughout the season I've had a total of 13 penalties and missed 9 of them, with all 9 being saved by the keeper and this is with various different takers.

The skin is much easier on the eye than the previous years and as much as I enjoyed the interactions with the media at first, attending every interview/press conference, I did find it getting tedious by the point I got to January and have found myself reducing the amount I attend, but still overall an improvement. Enjoying the new team talks too from seeing it via peoples stream, the end of the season round up is a very nice touch!

Match interface takes a little getting used to as already stated by others, could do with a tidy up - but overall the game is much better than I expected. 8/10 for me.

I was actually just  about to post that too many pens seem to go in. I had 3x Penalty shoot outs in a row and in those, out of 35 pens taken across those 3 shootouts, only 3 were missed. I also haven't see a pen missed in regular game time. I'm not sure how many I have seen but it must be over 10 with everyone scored.

1 minute ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Still too many Teams still just sitting back and defending for full 90 minutes no matter the score line the Match engine graphics have improved a lot but the AI side still needs improvement imo

Yep i noticed that too.. most of the teams dont attack 

brilliant beta so far in terms of ME. i think this game has the potential to be a great game this year. not much needs doing ME wise, that has pretty much been nailed 🙌. focus on ironing out and tweaking the glaring errors and tidying up the UI. little things so far like the players on my tactic screen displaying green, red or orange borders round thise shirts (bug??). also on tactics screen ui the analysis squares being fully red. another issue ive had is its a bit sluggish and slow clicking between the tactic settings (attack,defend,transition). and i am having trouble dragging central players to other positions for some reason cannot select the shirt and drag🤷‍♂️. work needs doing on the UI and ai transfers etc , on the whole have to say impressive.

Edited by dannyrefc

i was just wonder if anyone from SI can answer this... I notice that there is a major tournament missing in the game and just wondering if it will be added via patch before the main release comes out or if there is a beta patch coming out that will add it..

I was told over at the Canada Issues that this has been fixed but just wondering if there will be an update before the full release on the 24th or if there will be a update before the Beta comes out that involves since it was supposed to be in the beta but got missed...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_League

@Neil Brock@HUNT3R

Edited by Fmfan00

My Goalkeeper is coming off with a 6.2 rating in a match where the other team has had 2 shots and not scored. He's getting a low rating cos he's not had to make a save, surely this isn't right or is this the new ratings after the claimed goalkeeper rating fix?

7 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

My Goalkeeper is coming off with a 6.2 rating in a match where the other team has had 2 shots and not scored. He's getting a low rating cos he's not had to make a save, surely this isn't right or is this the new ratings after the claimed goalkeeper rating fix?

I've noticed it too. GK gets a low rating if he doesn't have anything to do. If it's just that, it's an easy fix.

It is the best FM I've played since FM 17  in terms of MI I guess. Have been very critical of FM 20 but this is absolutely amazing upgrade from that. It takes a bit of time time to adapt to new UI but in general, this is perfect. Thank you Miles and everybody who has worked so hard to give us this edition. 

What settings are people using to be able to get 6 widgets on their matchday screen?

I'm playing in full screen mode at 1920 x 1080 with 100% zoom but have only 2 widgets plus the panels showing match stats and the dugout.

Just now, grff said:

What settings are people using to be able to get 6 widgets on their matchday screen?

I'm playing in full screen mode at 1920 x 1080 with 100% zoom but have only 2 widgets plus the panels showing match stats and the dugout.

Same resolution but 85% zoom.

1 hour ago, KeegBCFC said:

Noticed this too. From what they have said this should not be happening. Surely a goalkeeper who has had no saves to make should be rated the standard 6.8 or something. Hopefully an oversight by the SI team and fixed asap.

1 minute ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Noticed this too. From what they have said this should not be happening. Surely a goalkeeper who has had no saves to make should be rated the standard 6.8 or something. Hopefully an oversight by the SI team and fixed asap.

no saves to make...but what about his other stats?  Passing probably plays a part, and if he consistently kicked the ball to the opposition, he's likely to see a downgrade on his rating.

Can someone from SI explain what happened to the match preview formations view? It was shown in the livestream but i havent had it popup in any of my games?? The looked better than FM 20 but were they removed in the beta build?!

image.png.885fddbfe56c7fe0ab7823eefef1081d.png

Edited by andu1

Just now, andu1 said:

Can someone from SI explain what happened to the match preview formations view? It was shown in the livestream but i havent had it popup in any of my games??

image.png.885fddbfe56c7fe0ab7823eefef1081d.png

Think they said this only happens in matches on TV as well as "big" matches.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Think they said this only happens in matches on TV as well as "big" matches.

But i played 12 games in the league and i didn't had any match on TV for these to show? It's very confusing

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Can someone from SI explain what happened to the match preview formations view? It was shown in the livestream but i havent had it popup in any of my games?? The looked better than FM 20 but were they removed in the beta build?!

SI explained already

https://community.sigames.com/topic/531461-football-manager-2021-early-access-beta-official-feedback-thread/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-12737218

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Anyone found journos a bit twitchy? This one guy absolutely hates me, he's only asked a few questions that I answered in a standard way, he follows me everywhere too :lol:

Looks like SI got the current state of journalism spot on then! 10/10

iHvKnC3.jpg

Is there a way to split this setting into own team only / opposition only / all player names? It has a lot of potential to be a great setting, but 22 player names simply clutter the field up too much. I'd love to only have names of my own players shown though, really helpful for figuring out tactics.

Edited by Zemahh