The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Fortaleza Season 1 Review

download.png.b15d0193f739e23d41db2c41cdc48aec.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.e104b03302fe7c87bc98917c362028c7.png

I managed to win the Brazilian Cup with us beating Flamengo 1-0 on aggregate.

We also won the Copa Sudamericana which helped us get into the Copa Libertarodes.

image.thumb.png.aeae7c995918e33ef887b51595425579.png

We did rubbish in the league cos for some reason I somehow cocked up the squad registration and we played the 2nd half of the season no goalkeepers other then greyed out keepers and they were rubbish and barely any defenders so yeah that was not fun.

image.thumb.png.fe2ccb2b8bff48dee6c5aeeab1dca25d.png

The Brazilian season takes forever to complete cos of the sheer volume of games played.

I will only stay at Fortaleza if I can't get a better job as I don't fancy my chances of us winning the Copa Libertadores with the team I have.

Santos are looking for a manager and they got to the final of the Copa Libertadores this season just gone. 

I am hoping to get the Santos job and win the Brazilian league with them hopefully and then try win the Copa Libertadores with Santos as they should have a better chance then Fortaleza.

Career Overview

Year                  Club                 Country             League                                Position            Achievements

22/23             La Luz FC           Uruguay             Uruguay 2nd Division         12th                 Managed to stay in the league

22/23            Cobresal             Chile                   Chilean 1st Division B          7th             

23/24            Cobresal             Chile                   Chilean 1st Division B         1st                   Promotion 

24/25            Palestino            Chile                    Chilean 1st Division           8th                   Chilean Cup Win

25/26           Fortaleza            Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division    16th            Brazilian Cup & Copa Sudamerica Win

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Domestic Leagues

2/10 Domestic Cups - Chilean Cup, Brazilian Cup,

0/5 Club Continential Competitions

0/1 Club World Championships

International

0/5 Continential Championships

0/1 World Tournements

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Job - Let's Go!!!

image.thumb.png.589773e67aeac60313b0bca49486da4f.png

image.thumb.png.dcc22017eeb9b0af729855ac0cdd30f9.png

download.png.6b31bb7787b64efef40e6b3adc8cc9b4.pngdownload.jpg.4302b7bbeb4d292fb0f34a7e0f65a748.jpgdownload.jpg.1cd6c9bcd9fde67a42eb05d4a483d757.jpg

download.jpg.e4fde94bcad563ff668c28b8bbcc6d63.jpg

Annoyingly I can't get the kits I downloaded to work cos of the licensing issues etc so Santos will have green kits and green team colours. Sorry for the confusion.

I got some good players at Santos including FM favourite Angelo.

image.thumb.png.140a20496859874be4a644f0a8bb5197.png

image.thumb.png.bef961a2980f4c9d0ef886dd7828d0e8.png

Unfortunately Angelo wants to leave to play for a team with a stronger squad. Luckily he has 2 years left on his contract so he will be staying put for now.

Image result for rb leipzig

Season 2053/54 - RB Leipzig

After completing the last league required for this challenge, i stuck around for the Cup competition as Im two short. I holidayed most of the season ensuring i stopped around for the Cup games and any national matches with Argentina.  We ended up finishing second in the league but went back to back with the Champions League.  We also did win the DFB Pokal quite easily, not conceding a single goal in the process.  And with that I've resigned and will look for my next club to get the last club trophy required. 

Screenshot2023-09-15112452.thumb.png.1cc96449077796ac64dd502842c38b4f.png

image.png.058abea1259ec6443c546f821adb86a8.png

Edited by SkiIIs

New Job

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I finally found my new job 7 months after I left Lee Man. I went on holiday for 4 months straight after resigning from Lee Man while I completed my Continental C coaching badge. During negotiations for this job the board agreed to send me straight on my next coaching course. We dont really have any great hope of making the playoffs this season. We have 5 games left but I'm really targeting the league and cup next season. There is a bit of hope however. We are in the AFC Cup Interzone semi final. Before taking this job the interim manager won the first leg 4-0, so we should be into the final. If we win that and then the grand final then we will be entered into the Champions League Playoff Rounds, which will be much needed as currently only 1 team goes into the Champions League.

Image result for malmo fc

Season 2055 - Malmo FC

Went holidaying for 6 months to hopefully join a team that was well on their way to winning their domestic cup trophy.  In the end I opted to join Malmo in January as in Sweden i checked the schedule and they play their cup mostly towards the start of their season between Jan - Feb. We won the cup quite easily but finished in May so stuck around for half a season. 

So that wraps up all club requirements, now onto Internationals and lots of holidaying. 

@vikeologist i havent really holidayed much in great lengths, would you know if i follow a country ie. Australia, would i get notified when their job becomes vacant?  

Screenshot2023-09-18164112.thumb.png.7f2f0eae2edbda116176b4cb9532847f.png

image.png.20bcd07d5263adb56d933780b0ad56b3.png

Edited by SkiIIs

@SkiIIs If you're on holiday, you don't get notified of job vacancies. The international jobs are only going to become available at certain times. For instance australia you just need to holiday to the end of the Asian Cup / World Cup etc. The jobs don't become vacant any other time. 

@Watson156Are you the Watson who's done this challenge a lot of times before? I seem to remember a Patriots icon.

Edited by vikeologist

20 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@SkiIIs If you're on holiday, you don't get notified of job vacancies. The international jobs are only going to become available at certain times. For instance australia you just need to holiday to the end of the Asian Cup / World Cup etc. The jobs don't become vacant any other time. 

@Watson156Are you the Watson who's done this challenge a lot of times before? I seem to remember a Patriots icon.

Yeah thats me. Never have got round to finishing the challenge however. Hopefully with the new game coming out soon, that deadline might force me to commit to this save!

spacer.png

End of Season 2 Update

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Results . A-League Finals

Sooo that happened!! It turned out that I joined a very good team that wasn't playing well. After we beat rivals Sydney in our 1st game, I actually thought that we might have a chance of sneaking into the playoffs. In truth we really became a dominant team and were beating teams with relative ease. Once we were in the Playoffs I knew that we would win. We smashed Newcastle Utd Jets, then drew against Western Sydney despite battering them all game. Thankfully we redeemed ourselves in the 2nd leg and smashed them 5-0 to get into the Grand Final. The final was a relativly comfortable game. We went 2-0 up and had a goal dissallowed and for the 1st time in FM23, we were given a penalty and then on VAR it was overturned. Wellington got 1 back to make the 2nd half edgy, but once we scored our 3rd the game was never in doubt and another league title was ticked off.

The AFC Cup was super easy. The teams we were playing against were all semi professional and they didn't stand a chance against us, especially with the form that we were in.

So now I can look forward to the coming season where winning the Cup is a massive priority. I really dont want to be stuck here for 2-3 years trying to win that. It will be interesting to see how we fare in the Champions League, but it would be amazing if we can do well this year, again so I'm not stuck here for a prolonged time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Juventus launch new logo to go 'beyond football'. Will it take them there?

Juventus Season 2036/37 Review

Well this went much better than planned. We took over at about the half way stage still in Europe and not yet started in the cup. We were a fair amount of points off of Napoli at the time (the most dominant team in this save winning 9 of the previous 14 titles) so my plan was to spend the season scouting and setting up for a title push next season. If I could win the cup this season that would have been a lovely little bonus.

My team had other plans though as we won our first 7 league games (and 10 in a row in all comps) I was lucky in that the previous manager played the same system as me so the players were suited, plus he left to take over Liverpool rather than be fired so the club was in a good position when I took over. We actually didn't lose a league game in the 2nd half of the season but we did draw more than we should have. Home draw with strugglers Palermo as well as draws at home to Speiza and Bolonga and away to Torino in the Turin derby had me pulling my hair out, however in the run in Napoli imploded by only winning 3 of their final 9 games.

The turning point came with 4 games to go as we played host to them while just a point behind. A really tough game was edged by us with a goal 15 mins towards the end to win 3-2 and go top for the first time all season. It also gave us the head to head advantage meaning we just needed 2 wins and a draw against 3 sides in the bottom half to win the league. Of course straight away we drew at home to Spezia :D Napoli also drew away to Empoli so we stayed clear at the top. 2 wins in our final 2 games (including a 7-0 away win on the final day against a already relegated Lazio) won us the title.

In the Champions League we were well placed in the league phase, I had 2 games left to secure qualification and we won away at Man Utd and Dinamo put us through, we then knocked out reigning Spanish champions Atletico before losing to Napoli over 2 legs.

In the cup we had a fairly nice route as we beat Palermo and Emploi to set a semi final with Roma. A 1-0 loss away was overturned with a 3-1 win - though the winner came in the 95th minute. In the final we faced Inter and we led, went behind, got level before 2 goals in a minute in extra time won it for us to give us a double in 6 months!

With Brazil we won both games away to Argentina and Peru wo qualify for the world cup with 4 games to spare. I plan on using those 4 games to experiment with younger players to set us up for the World Cup next year and, hopefully, the Copa America 2 years later.

Career Overview

Year		Club			League	Position	Nation			Notes & Achievements 

2022/23		Polokwane City		NFD	 11th 		South Africa		Took over with 9 games left of the season
2023/24		Polokwane City		NFD	1st 		South Africa		Completed first coaching badge
2024/25		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Nedbank Cup and completed second coaching badge
2025/26		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Champions League and completed third coaching badge
2026		Daegu			KL	4th		South Korea		Took over with 8 games to go
2027		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea		Won the FA Cup
2028		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea 		Won Asian Champions League. Completed B licence. Started on A licence.
2028/29		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	4th		Denmark			Cup runners up
2029/30		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	2nd 		Denmark			Won the cup
2030/31		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	1st 		Denmark			Retained the cup, started final coaching badge
2031		Atlanta Utd		MLS	8th 		USA
2032		Atlanta Utd		MLS	1st 		USA			Won the Open Cup, finished all coaching badges
2033		Atlanta United		MLS	1st 		USA			Won NACL, runners up in the cup
2034		Atletico Miniero	SA	8th		Brazil			Tooke over after 13 games with team in 12th 
2035		Atletico Miniero	Serie A 2nd 		Brazil			Won the cup
2036		Atletico Miniero	Serie A	1st 		Brazil			Won the Copa Libertadores & the Cup
2036/37		Juventus		Serie A	1st 		Italy			Won the Copa Italia
Year		Country			Ranking		Notes & Achievements
2025		Algeria			26th 		Qualified for World Cup
2026		Algeria			26th		
2027		Algeria			15th		Won Cup of Nations
2028		USA			12th 
2029		USA			11th 		Gold Cup Winners
2031		South Korea		35th 
2032		South Korea		36th 		Won the EAFF Championship
2033		South Korea		34th 		Qualified for the World Cup
2034 		South Korea		33rd		
2035		South Korea		20th 		Won Asian Cup
2036		Brazil			8th 
2037		Brazil			7th 		Qualified for the World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu) Norway 2031 (Nordjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2036 (Atletico Miniero) 2037 Italy (Juventus)
 6/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu), Denmark 2030 (Nordsjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2035 (Atletico Miniero), 2037 Italy (Juventus)
 4/5 club continental championships – Africa 2026 (SuperSport), Asia 2028 (Daegu), North America 2033 (Atlanta United), South America 2036 (Atletico Miniero)
 0/1 club world championship 

International
 3/5 continental tournaments – Africa 2027 (Algeria), North America 2029 (USA), Asia 2035 (South Korea)
 0/1 world tournaments

Not sure what to do next, this Juventus squad is fairly old and needs a rebuild and there is no need for me to stick around to do it now, but there's also no jobs open right now and no international stuff going on till next summer to create some. May resign and focus on Brazil for a bit in that case. In my head, when I took over, I thought at best this was an 18 month job. Get top 4 this season and recruit in the summer and then go for it. It's all been a little bit too quick for my own plans. 

58 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Juventus launch new logo to go 'beyond football'. Will it take them there?

Juventus Season 2036/37 Review

Well this went much better than planned. We took over at about the half way stage still in Europe and not yet started in the cup. We were a fair amount of points off of Napoli at the time (the most dominant team in this save winning 9 of the previous 14 titles) so my plan was to spend the season scouting and setting up for a title push next season. If I could win the cup this season that would have been a lovely little bonus.

My team had other plans though as we won our first 7 league games (and 10 in a row in all comps) I was lucky in that the previous manager played the same system as me so the players were suited, plus he left to take over Liverpool rather than be fired so the club was in a good position when I took over. We actually didn't lose a league game in the 2nd half of the season but we did draw more than we should have. Home draw with strugglers Palermo as well as draws at home to Speiza and Bolonga and away to Torino in the Turin derby had me pulling my hair out, however in the run in Napoli imploded by only winning 3 of their final 9 games.

The turning point came with 4 games to go as we played host to them while just a point behind. A really tough game was edged by us with a goal 15 mins towards the end to win 3-2 and go top for the first time all season. It also gave us the head to head advantage meaning we just needed 2 wins and a draw against 3 sides in the bottom half to win the league. Of course straight away we drew at home to Spezia :D Napoli also drew away to Empoli so we stayed clear at the top. 2 wins in our final 2 games (including a 7-0 away win on the final day against a already relegated Lazio) won us the title.

In the Champions League we were well placed in the league phase, I had 2 games left to secure qualification and we won away at Man Utd and Dinamo put us through, we then knocked out reigning Spanish champions Atletico before losing to Napoli over 2 legs.

In the cup we had a fairly nice route as we beat Palermo and Emploi to set a semi final with Roma. A 1-0 loss away was overturned with a 3-1 win - though the winner came in the 95th minute. In the final we faced Inter and we led, went behind, got level before 2 goals in a minute in extra time won it for us to give us a double in 6 months!

With Brazil we won both games away to Argentina and Peru wo qualify for the world cup with 4 games to spare. I plan on using those 4 games to experiment with younger players to set us up for the World Cup next year and, hopefully, the Copa America 2 years later.

Career Overview

2022/23		Polokwane City		NFD	 11th 		South Africa		Took over with 9 games left of the season
2024/25		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Nedbank Cup and completed second coaching badge
2025/26		SuperSport United	PL	1st 		South Africa		Won Champions League and completed third coaching badge
2028		Daegu			KL	1st 		South Korea 		Won Asian Champions League. Completed B licence. Started on A licence.
2030/31		FC Nordsjaelland	SL	1st 		Denmark			Retained the cup, started final coaching badge
2032		Atlanta Utd		MLS	1st 		USA			Won the Open Cup, finished all coaching badges
2034		Atletico Miniero	SA	8th		Brazil			Tooke over after 13 games with team in 12th 
2036		Atletico Miniero	Serie A	1st 		Brazil			Won the Copa Libertadores & the Cup
Year		Country			Ranking		Notes & Achievements
2025		Algeria			26th 		Qualified for World Cup
2026		Algeria			26th		
2027		Algeria			15th		Won Cup of Nations
2028		USA			12th 
2029		USA			11th 		Gold Cup Winners
2031		South Korea		35th 
2032		South Korea		36th 		Won the EAFF Championship
2033		South Korea		34th 		Qualified for the World Cup
2034 		South Korea		33rd		
2035		South Korea		20th 		Won Asian Cup
2036		Brazil			8th 
2037		Brazil			7th 		Qualified for the World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
 6/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu) Norway 2031 (Nordjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2036 (Atletico Miniero) 2037 Italy (Juventus)
 6/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu), Denmark 2030 (Nordsjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2035 (Atletico Miniero), 2037 Italy (Juventus)
 4/5 club continental championships – Africa 2026 (SuperSport), Asia 2028 (Daegu), North America 2033 (Atlanta United), South America 2036 (Atletico Miniero)

International
 3/5 continental tournaments – Africa 2027 (Algeria), North America 2029 (USA), Asia 2035 (South Korea)
 0/1 world tournaments

Not sure what to do next, this Juventus squad is fairly old and needs a rebuild and there is no need for me to stick around to do it now, but there's also no jobs open right now and no international stuff going on till next summer to create some. May resign and focus on Brazil for a bit in that case. In my head, when I took over, I thought at best this was an 18 month job. Get top 4 this season and recruit in the summer and then go for it. It's all been a little bit too quick for my own plans. 

Maybe stick with Juventus for one more season to try win the Italian cup or maybe try go all out to win the Europeon Champions League?

Santos Season Review

download.png.f26766846cbab7125ad454abffd1f43f.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.30ac5c6a3246dec0a04cedb54ee01629.png

image.thumb.png.42875d652febb53e81e9b0d58d880c03.png

A nice first league win in my career and also entry into the Copa Libertadores. 

I will be staying with Santos to simply try win the Copa Libertadores and then I will be leaving Santos to try find a job in China or South Africa.

Career Overview

Year                  Club                 Country             League                                Position            Achievements

22/23             La Luz FC           Uruguay             Uruguay 2nd Division         12th            Stayed Up

22/23            Cobresal             Chile                   Chilean 1st Division B          7th             

23/24            Cobresal             Chile                   Chilean 1st Division B         1st             Promotion 

24/25            Palestino            Chile                    Chilean 1st Division           8th           Chilean Cup Win

25/26           Fortaleza            Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division    16th       Brazilian Cup Win

26/27           Santos                Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division     1st          Champions

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Domestic Leagues - Brazil National 1st Division,

0/5 Club Continential Competitions

International

0/1 World Tournements

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

5 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Maybe stick with Juventus for one more season to try win the Italian cup or maybe try go all out to win the Europeon Champions League?

I won the cup as well, otherwise I'd have stayed. They're not ready for Champions League and need a rebuild, I left anyway and soon after Blanc retired from Lyon so I went for that and then Juventus appointed the PSG manager and they approached me for an interview. In the end I went PSG as they offered a bigger transfer and wage budget even though they're no longer a state owned club - they've gone 3 years without the title as well. 

3 hours ago, darren1983 said:

I won the cup as well, otherwise I'd have stayed. They're not ready for Champions League and need a rebuild, I left anyway and soon after Blanc retired from Lyon so I went for that and then Juventus appointed the PSG manager and they approached me for an interview. In the end I went PSG as they offered a bigger transfer and wage budget even though they're no longer a state owned club - they've gone 3 years without the title as well. 

Should be an easy way to win some trophies with PSG then mate. Good result for your career.

Sometimes it is about waiting for the right team to come along.

spacer.png

End of Season 3 Update

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Competitions Overview . Cup Results . Champs League Results . League Results 1 . League Results 2

A very comfortable and easy domestic season. We walked the Australia Cup which was the main aim for this season. We went completely undefeated in the league campaign. There was a couple of draws right around the time the Champions League got into full swing, when we had some injuries and general tiredness, but the players stood up and made sure that we didn't lose a single league game during my entire time at Melbourne. I have to add that a main reason for the massive success is our star forward Facundo Barcelo. He was clinical 90% of the time, never got injured and could almost always be relied upon if we needed a goal. 

The Champions League was a pretty similar story. We breezed through our qualifying game, and got a real stinker of a draw. Teams from Korea, Japan & China was horrible but after the first game against Ulsan, who were 2nd in their league and competing for the title, I felt a lot better about our chances. In truth we breezed through the group stages and then pretty much all the way to the final. We got a favourable draw in the Quarter Finals against Buriram, and also in the Semi Final against Jeonbuk. We suffered our first loss of the entire season away to Al-Nassr. We didn't play well at all, but massivly bounced back in the 2nd leg to win convincingly 5-1 and knock off the first Champions League title.

So now its time to move on to the next continent. I would probably like to try and knock off South Africa now if its possible, but all options are available. Im currently studying for the Continental A licence so I may stay unemployed until that is finished, but I'll just wait and see whats available. I completely forgot to look at the International jobs during the summer, despite checking when the UEFA Championships & Copa America finished. I even made a note to remind me but I completely went past it!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

New Job

spacer.png

spacer.png

So I wont be going to South Africa! I did have to wait a while for this job but it is so worth it. There wasn't any great jobs available for a while and when I finally received my Continental A licence then the better jobs started to be reccomended to me. I had an interview and was offered the job at River Plate. It was especially hard to turn down. They were currently bottom of the league and in debt but still had some good players. The problem with that job is that its one that I could have stayed at for years, so I had to let my head rule my heart and turn it down. Thankfully I didn't have to wait too long and at the end of the Brazilian season, the previous Flamengo manager resigned and I knew that I had to have this job. 

The team is stacked with quality, are qualified for the Copa Libertadores and should be easily the best team in Brazil. They have just the Supercopa do Brasil and I'm hoping that will be the last time that we lose all season. The only small downside to this job is that I couldn't get the board to agree to send me on my final coaching course. I didn't want to risk losing this job. I'll ask them in a few months.

Santos Season Review

download.png.070b41f69da439e7413f1b09c4873786.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.ef0057dee53aa0a68b9840ca90a2964b.png

image.thumb.png.fd0a1b83a1fcf4656bc349be63aff549.png

image.thumb.png.658f74f1b9028ad9cec5490c6cd0eab6.png

We managed to focus on the Copa Libertadores with us with a 2-0 win Vs Flamengo

image.thumb.png.f7b4967cba46c721af233f0d45592b6e.png

I did terrible in the league with us finishing a lowly 12th. 

I just about kept my job long enough to be able to win the Copa Libertadores.

Next step is to resign from Santos and look to move my career to China or South Africa with us also try to do well with Jamaica ready for the Gold Cup.

Career Overview

22/23             La Luz FC           Uruguay             Uruguay 2nd Division         12th            Stayed Up

23/24            Cobresal             Chile                   Chilean 1st Division B         1st             Promotion 

24/25            Palestino            Chile                    Chilean 1st Division           8th           Chilean Cup Win

25/26           Fortaleza            Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division    16th       Brazilian Cup Win

26/27           Santos                Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division     1st          Champions

27/28           Santos                Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division    12th     Copa Libertadores Winner

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Domestic Leagues - Brazil National 1st Division,

1/5 Club Continential Competitions - Copa Libertadores, 

International

0/1 World Tournements

Shenhua/Jamaica Season Review

download.png.db718479db177edce8644cdb6825e52b.pngdownload.png.2e75f21d15ef17bf2d860cc005234285.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.3430b32f3b99f44cde51f80a2b814448.png

I managed to win the Chinese League and Cup double with Shenhua in my first season in charge. Shenhua were better then I thought and we destroyed most teams.

image.thumb.png.54a9a58deccd3f91769ac28ec968ea1e.png

image.thumb.png.d857f2ac6146f12c6f5946a499ab879f.png

Annoyingly my Jamaica team got knocked out by USA in the Gold Cup Semi Final. 

I was hoping to win it with Jamaica to get it out the way. 

I resigned from Jamaica as soon as I got knocked out as their team wont be good enough to win the Gold Cup next time it happens.

image.thumb.png.9cc588e04c65a5d4d3768eec9e5c424e.png

My aim for next season is to try win the Asian Champions League so I can tick that off my list.

Career Overview

24/25            Palestino           Chile                    Chilean 1st Division           8th           Chilean Cup Win

27/28           Santos                Brazil        Brazilian National 1st Division    12th     Copa Libertadores Winner

28/29    Shenhua/Jamaica    China       China Super League                      1st        League & Cup Double Win

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Domestic Leagues - Brazil National 1st Division, China Super League,

3/10 Domestic Cups - Chilean Cup, Brazilian Cup, Chinese Cup, 

1/5 Club Continential Competitions - Copa Libertadores, 

International

0/1 World Tournements

spacer.png

Season 4 Update

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Competitions Overview . League Table . Copa do Brasil Results . Champs League Results . League Results 1 . League Results 2

As expected a pretty easy season. We had by far the best team in the league and with a few additions we never looked like losing. The hardest thing this season without doubt was the fixture conjestion somethimes playing 4 games in 8 days. Thankfully we managed to come through it and managed to have another unbeaten league season. We had a good run in the cup although we did lose at home to Corinthians. The draw could have been a lot easier, but when you are beating teams easily in the league the cup games don't make any difference. I actually lost track of the fact that we were playing the cup final!

The Copa Libertadores was also pretty straight forward. We actually had a really easy group and then followed that up with one of the easier Second & Quarter Final rounds that we could have got. The Semi Final & Final didn't really matter as it was all Brazilian teams left, and as we have shown all season long, we can beat any and all Brazilian teams. The final was a bit of a damp squid. We scored early, couldn't score another and they never looked like scoring. Overall, probably the easiest Champions League title that I'll win this challenge.

The next plan is obviously either USA/Mexico or South Africa. I would really like to go to South Africa and get that done, but as luck would have it, I might have found the perfect job oppening in the MLS, so I might not be out of a job for long. Hopefully they will agree to send me on my final coaching course after Flamengo turned me down all season long.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Shenhua 2 & 3 Combined Season Review

download.png.e9c1a7bcc40894f8e40c4671356579a5.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.b60d964ec0d86e556b37ef1b86fb93fc.png

The reason why I am doing a 2 season combined review is simply because for some reason even though I won the Chinese League in my 1st season with Shenhua the Asian Champions League games didn't happen the next season but the season after.

I managed to win the Chinese league title for the 2nd and 3rd time and also win the Asian Champions League with a 5-3 aggregate final victory.

image.thumb.png.e8cbbde25369ee140f2a6be028897321.png

image.thumb.png.237f91b2354aebe3494218e7e0767ff4.png

With Asia completed I now set my sights on getting a job in North America or South Africa.

I also will hopefully lead Nigeria to the AFCON which happens soon.

Career Overview

24/25            Palestino           Chile                    Chilean 1st Division           8th           Chilean Cup Win

28/29    Shenhua/Jamaica    China       China Super League                      1st        League & Cup Double Win

29/30    Shenhua/Nigeria     China       Chinese Super League                  1st        League & Cup Double Win

30/31    Shenhua/Nigeria     China       Chinese Super League                  1st      League & Asian Champions League Win

Challenge Progress

Club

2/5 Club Continential Competitions - Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League,

International

0/1 World Tournements

image.jpeg.0dead165f557bd3166c8a847f0ca7dad.jpeg

2056 Copa America - Argentina

My second major tournament with Argentina (i forgot to post my World Cup attempt where we were knocked out by eventual champions Spain in a 4 - 3 result copping a goal in the last minute). 

We were given a relatively easy group avoiding Colombia and Brazil and the two non South America entrants were Japan and China so i couldnt have asked for a better situation.

Our group consist of Bolivia, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and China.  Results were 3 -0, 2 - 2, 1 - 0, 3 - 0 and 3 - 0 respectively as we topped the group.  The quarter final draw was kind to us as again Brazil and Colombia were on the other side of the draw.  We have Peru in the quarter final

QF

Spoiler

A comfortable 3 -  0 with all goals coming in the first half.  In the semi we have Chile who we drew with as they equalised with 10 men in the 88th minute in what was an even game

SF (if applicable)

Spoiler

My fav player in this whole save Lanzini from my VFL Wolfsburg days stepped scoring 4 in a 5 - 1 demolition. In the final we face Brazil

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

We deservedly went ahead with Lanzini opening the scoring in the 31st minute.  We conitnued to dominate the rest of the half and just after the break but couldnt get that elusive second goal.  Brazil then started peppering us a little as they settled into the second half and equalised in the 64th minute.  I made a couple changes in the middle and that man again Lanzini put us ahead in the 84th minute and sealed the win with his hattrick in the 91st minute to win my second international title!

Screenshot2023-09-21194101.thumb.png.c1bcab3c86b460ed6b11ea700cec7ec4.png

Edited by SkiIIs

New Job

spacer.png

spacer.png

So this was almost too perfect having to wait less than a month for my next job. The previous manager was sacked after a poor performance in the Playoffs, but despite this the interim manager managed to get out of the group phase of the Champions League, which means that my first 2 competitve games in charge of Atlanta will be the 2nd Round matches against Tigres. There are some problems however. Firstly, I'm not too sure if we are qualified for the next year. It is based on previous standings in the Supporters Shield, and according to the rules the top 8 are qualified. We finished 9th, but the winners of the US Open Cup finished 8th, so maybe we get the next spot?

The team is an inbalanced mess. We currently have 4 CB's but only 1 RB & 1 LB. 7 Attacking Mids & 2 Strikers. There is going to have to be a lot of changes made to this squad, especially as I take over, we are over the Salary Cap, and at the maximum ammount of Designated Players. Esequiel Barco & Thiago Almada will both stay, while Luiz Araujo will have to leave. I need to bring in a massive goalscorer if we are going to try and compete, especially in the Champions League.

I have a feeling that this team is going to be a 2-3 year job. 

FA Cup winners + League runners-up

TianjinvNJCity_Presentation.thumb.png.f87a791e49fbc8b420917bf2df74c79a.png

It was a memorable season which almost finished with a league and cup double. We were relentless from start to finish but couldn't reel in Shandong who have a budget 10 times the size of ours.

NanjingCity_Competitions.thumb.png.0028b5d14ee793097fc248c4912a2f5e.png

During pre-season our board decided to build a new stadium, this put us in terrible debt and forced our wage budget to be slashed twice during the season. It now sits at a paltry 14k p/w, SH Port for example have 350k to spend on wages and I finished above them.

I couldn't even go on a training course and still sit at National C after 2 seasons. I was just treading water so I rejected the board's offer of a new contract and found myself unemployed again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge progress:

Domestic cups: 1/10: Chinese FA Cup

Edited by Brentmeister

New job!

ps-removebg-preview.png.dfceae062ee49f0b3c7a557e6b3438f7.png

A bit of a sideways move, but the finances and structure of the club are light years ahead of NJ City. The board also agreed to my request for a coaching course during the interview.

The first task is to avoid relegation and build a squad ready to compete next season.

PohangSteelers_.thumb.png.352c986d8094afa4853ea498e72b1b69.png

Edited by Brentmeister

Another Trophy Secured

image.thumb.png.289100fee8dbaa9dcc993f1aa37615c0.png

I just won the African Cup Of Nations with Nigeria after a Penalty shoout victory over Ivory Coast.

image.thumb.png.434e1dd68893ed09504a71e56e17e494.png

After I won the AFCON I promptly resigned as the Nigeria manager and I have still yet to find a club job so I am actually unemployed for the first time in ages in my career.

I will keep you posted when I get my next job.

Thanks for reading.

Career Overview

29/30    Shenhua/Nigeria     China       Chinese Super League                  1st        League & Cup Double Win

30/31    Shenhua/Nigeria     China       Chinese Super League                  1st      League & Asian Champions League Win

Challenge Progress

Club

International

1/5 Continential Championships - African Cup Of Nations,

0/1 World Tournements

I Got My Next Club Job Sorted

image.thumb.png.72eb291c8671004be80f0576e20b76ff.png

download.png.4f0c53dfacbbb91d5c13be345d8cbfed.pngdownload.jpg.cda379883def66aef6b1921d22080ec5.jpgdownload.jpg.64c47996515ddd1bd7a69dcdaa1e2f2f.jpg

download.jpg.868255625a3fdabab228ba297c7f8d78.jpgdownload.jpg.72de86130f8f550a4a234e7701b9f4ea.jpg

A club I have never managed on FM as it is a very new club as it was founded in 2019. 

The club colours remind me of pre-moneybags Man City and the stadium looks lovely.

image.thumb.png.a03976e77fc65d0d43f02e85f8ff720d.png

A massive 75k stadium, good training facilities. I will be looking to improve other facilities and coaching while I am here.

The board wanted me to avoid finishing bottom of the MLS and also finish in mid table.

I am hoping to do that and build a team to win the MLS.

@vikeologist I am not too knowledgable on the MLS. Do I need to win the league as part of the challenge or is it the cup at the end of the MLS season please?

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

MLS (USA) - For challenge purposes the MLS Cup (called 'Major League Soccer' on the competitions screen) counts as the league, and the US Open Cup (called the 'US Cup' on the competitions screen) counts as the cup. The Canadian Championship is the cup if you're playing as a Canadian side, either in the MLS or the Canadian league. The league section of the MLS (Supporters Shield) don't count for anything. Neither does the Leagues Cup (featuring US and Mexican teams) count towards the challenge.

Edited by vikeologist

PSG Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

PSG Season 2037/38 Review

So at the end of last season I resigned from Juventus, at around the same time Laurent Blanc retired opening up the job at Lyon, I applied and while I waited PSG offered me a interview. This was odd as their job wasn't open but when looking their manager had left to take my old job at Juventus so I interviewed at both PSG and Lyon and whoever came back to me first I would accept. It was PSG (obviously if you've seen the logo at the top of this post)

Now this isn't the PSG of 2023, while they have some outstanding players they hadn't won anything in 3 seasons and the owners had scaled back funding a few years before that.

I took over and it was nice to have a decent budget to play around transfers with (I should point out that about 60m of that spend was before I took over) which meant I was able to fill the gaps in the squad.

This was easily one of the most dominant season's I've had on FM, we smashed the league and sat on top from game week 2 all the way through, Lille and Marseille ran us close for a bit but when they stumbled we didn't and won the league by nearly 20 points in the end. Dominating performances from Drevenstet on the left with 17 goals and 24 assists and Ibrahim up front with 35 goals (25 in 25 in the league despite a 7 game goal drought)

In the cup we eased through to the final against rivals Marseille which ended 2-2. We scored all 5 pens as their one miss cost them for us to complete a double.

Champions League the target was to get to quarter finals as felt we probably didn't have the depth for much more. We finished 2nd in the league phase and then found a route to the final where we faced a very good Bayern team. It was a cracker that ended 3-3 after I thought we had won it in both normal and extra time but late goals from them took us to pens where my keeper once again saved one pen and that was enough as we scored all 5 to win it!! I really didn't see this coming.

I have the world cup up next (more on that in the next post) but think after that I'm gonna leave PSG and see what the job market looks like after international jobs are taken, we've progressed quicker than I thought here so time to move on again

Career Progress

2037/38		PSG			L1	1st 		France			Won the league, cup and champions league

Challenge Progress

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu) Norway 2031 (Nordjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2036 (Atletico Miniero) Italy 2037(Juventus), France 2038 (PSG)
 7/10 domestic cups – South Africa 2025 (SuperSport United), South Korea 2027 (Daegu), Denmark 2030 (Nordsjaelland) United States 2032 (Atlanta Utd), Brazil 2035 (Atletico Miniero), Italy 2037 (Juventus) France 2038 (PSG)

International
 0/1 world tournaments

Brazil national football team - Wikipedia

Brazil 2038 World Cup Review

Group Stage

Ukraine 0-1 Brazil - we stumbled our way through this one, missing an early pen but scoring just before HT

Brazil 4-1 Guinea-Bissau - a rotated 11 did the job with 4 goals before the break. More rotation meant all 23 outfield players got some minutes in the group stage

2nd round (if needed)

Spoiler

Ghana 1-2e Brazil - this was not good as again our first choice 11 struggled a bit, we went behind to the first chance of the game after 2 mins but fought back to level in the 2n half. Despite dominating we couldn't score till 7 mins before the end of extra time as we just about got through

3rd round (if needed)

Spoiler

Germany 3-6 Brazil -  a match for the ages! Honestly though we kind of FM'd them, we had 7 shots on target all game and and scored 6. 2 of the goals were in the 92nd and 98th minute to really flatter us

Quarter finals (if needed)

Spoiler

Brazil 3-1 Portugal - dispatched them comfortably, was never any doubt as we were 3-0 up with 20 to go I was able to rest players and stop any needless bookings

Semi finals (if needed)

Spoiler

Brazil 2-0 Serbia - goals 10 mins in and 10 mins before the end wrapped this up against the surprise package Serbia

3rd play match (if needed)

Spoiler

Nope

Final (if needed)

Spoiler

Spain 2-3e Brazil - this was mental. They mad a pen saved after 15 mins, we scored just before HT only for them to level up right on HT. No more goals so extra time. They score after 5 mins, I start throwing everyone forward and with 4 mins to go we level, we then grab the winner in the 121st minute to win the world cup! The scenes in my flat when that winner went in! 

Aftermath

Spoiler

Going to stick around as need the Cop America in 2 years but the world cup win takes a lot of pressure off my back

Charlotte FC Season Review

download.png.e1da4199f75ba4d2fcf63c415eff01c9.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.e6fa272b0fed54f99ba0a4ee7d407d7d.png

image.thumb.png.214fa29ff341129498418304e766c4d6.png

image.thumb.png.27512339bce6c95cd27c11cbaebfabfd.pngimage.thumb.png.3455464bcd3d1d032bb7ae63b04b094a.png

image.thumb.png.ef067f02d6e7d4ec0ce6754f8ed37fca.png

image.thumb.png.d0004b65a6a5502fc7a0d83d3c7a5530.png

A great first season with Charlotte. I was happy to just win the U.S Open Cup but to win the MLS cup as well was amazing and unexpected because we finished 5th in the league but we really stepped up towards the end of the season.

My aim next season is to try win the NACL and then move onto the South Africa.

image.thumb.png.427c7355e60cac0b119d8a336d76201f.png

Career Overview

31/32   Charlotte FC              USA          MLS                                                  5th    Won the MLS Cup & U.S Open Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 Domestic Leagues - Brazil National 1st Division, China Super League, MLS Cup

4/10 Domestic Cups - Chilean Cup, Brazilian Cup, Chinese Cup, U.S Open Cup,

International

1/5 Continential Championships - African Cup Of Nations,

0/1 World Tournements

spacer.png

Season 5 Update

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Competitions Overview . League Overview . Champs League Group . US Open Cup Results . Champs League Results . League Results 1 . League Results 2

Overall another pretty easy season. We started of the season losing in the Champions League to Tigres over 2 legs. We were in the middle of trying to rebuild our mess of a team and these games just came about 2 weeks to early. We were rubbish in Mexico, but gave everything in the home leg, but it wasn't enough and we were out. I wasn't too upset although it did mean that I was going to be in the USA for at least an extra 6 months next season. 

Once I had managed to assemble my team then the rest of the domestic season was a breeze. The only downside was that I lost my first league game. The biggest problem with the MLS is the amount of games that you have to play in quick succession. Thankfully the strength of depth and quality that we have in this team meant that we are able to rest and rotate pretty easily and without a major drop in quality. This coming season, we obviously only need to win the Champions League so I will be soley focused on that and resting all players ready for those games. 

spacer.png

During the season I actually remembered to check the International Tournaments going on. The Gold Cup & AFCON were happening and after the tournament, there was 2 great jobs available. I applied for the Mexico & Ivory Coast jobs. I was rejected for the Mexican job but thankfully I was offered the Ivory Coast job. Were currently ranked 13th in the world, and while the immediate objective is to qualify for the World Cup, the main aim is not to get sacked after the World Cup and then go on and win the AFCON. After 2 games in charge, I think we might be OK with the Ivory Coast...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Watson156

Gold Cup Ticked Off The List

image.thumb.png.b2746466dc63d9615011c4bb407f2722.png

image.thumb.png.e0a11434b8951b8ccbe1f5551cea29a9.png

image.thumb.png.e644d3f56d3ba25645cd24a475c083cc.png

Career Overview

31/32   Charlotte FC/Mexico  USA         MLS                                                  5th    Won the MLS Cup,U.S Open & Gold Cup

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 Domestic Leagues - Brazil National 1st Division, China Super League, MLS Cup

International

2/5 Continential Championships - African Cup Of Nations, Gold Cup,

0/1 World Tournements

spacer.png

Early Season 6 Update

spacer.png

spacer.png

And with that my time in America has come to an end. We had a great run with Atlanta, and built a squad that is so far above everybody else in America and North America. We had a really nice run in the knockout stages and for the most part were able to rotate our players. The 5-0 result against LAFC was especially great, as it allowed me to rest everybody on a yellow card (there was a lot!!) for the second leg. The final was a pretty easy game, we went 2-0 up early and although they had a couple of chances, we really should have scored more.

I'm now going to add the big 5 leagues, and wait for a good oppertunity in South Africa. There is about a month left in their current season, so I'm hoping that I wont have to wait too long until a job opens up. In the mean time i'll carry on with Ivory Coast and wait and see what happens!!

spacer.png

North America Completed

image.thumb.png.e98e99ddba7a6d60635581c3aa149a54.png

image.thumb.png.6431bd3a514c8545ef2463b21f69dd4a.png

image.thumb.png.e2cd9cc29d2509ed72a6db3a356376fb.png

A great NACL run with us winning in the final vs Leon 3-0. 

I now have completed North America so I am back on the dole que for now with no job at all but hopefully that will change in time.

Career Overview

31/32   Charlotte FC/Mexico  USA         MLS                                                  5th    Won the MLS Cup & U.S Open Cup

32/33 Charlotte/Mexico         USA         MLS                                                  9th    Won The Gold Cup

33/34  Charlotte                      USA         MLS                                                  10th   Won The NACL

Challenge Progress

Club

3/5 Club Continential Competitions - Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League, North American Champions League, 

International

0/1 World Tournements

Next Job Secured

image.thumb.png.21116f36dcbac2b07ec0596f22db2938.png

download.png.d25523b24ec4bf72bb8c6375e46c0a3a.pngdownload.jpg.069ad66e74dad5d1e63fa5de8d8ef0b8.jpgdownload.jpg.3b16cf98d4c6edcd072670e26b462b6b.jpg

download.jpg.a6dcf65406325a1dd65583093b27c7dd.jpgdownload.jpg.c1912fd0627532a3b34e9bf991069352.jpg

image.thumb.png.74ff3d5abd6adcd50f034e2d04fa1c3e.png

Not much to choose from in the South African league. Only one club sacked their manager when the South African league season finished 12th in a 14 team league.

I got my work cut out. I am hoping for a mid table-top 6 finish in my first season and hopefully win the domestic cup and then try aim for the league title in my 2nd season there.

image.png.2f33d80800d2396c1b73d93b6fa95f5f.png

2058 World Cup - Argentina

After winning the Copa America we played Holland the winners of the Euros in the Super Cup and lost 5 - 1.  We then played Italy as a friendly before the World Cup and lost 4 - 1 so I dont think the South American nations are as strong as the Europeans this far long into the save so the confidence wasnt high.   Mind you we also lost to Belgium and Poland in friendlies 2 - 1 both times. 

We didnt have the easiest group as we had Croatia to challenge against for top spot with Syria being the other team.  We beat Syria 3 - 1 then crushed Croatia 7 - 0 as Lanzini was just getting warmed up with 6 goals in those two games.  In the second round we play Italy with revenge clearly on the mind. 

Second Round

Spoiler

In a tight game we equalised in the 69th minute to make it 2 - 2. It went to extra time and we scored twice to secure our spot in the third round.  Up next, guess who??? Holland (world number 1 team)

Third Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Our team was a little tired after the extra time game and only having 4 days between games. In a game we peppered, we just couldnt find the back of the net.  It was not Lanzini's best game unfortunately.  On the counter, Holland scored in the 76th minute however the lead only lasted 4 minutes and with that we headed to extra time again.  I used all my subs at this point to try get as many fresh legs on as possible, however we were over run and we copped one in the 103rd minute to get knocked out.

QF (if applicable)

Spoiler

nope - the sack is looming

SF (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Holland went on to win the World Cup but the manager resigned and so i applied and got the job.  Two world cups in a row we've been knocked out by the winners early on in the knockouts 

Edited by SkiIIs

image.png.5727a2bb616b671b0f33566a0028bdbf.png

2060 European Cup - Holland

My first tournament with Holland, the team is stacked and are the current World and European Cup holders and also rightfully ranked number 1 in the world.  The expectation is to make the final so anything less will result in a short stint with this nation.

We were given a relatively easy group of Cyprus, Scotland and Poland.  We crushed Cyprus 7 - 0, then gave up a 2 - 0 lead to draw with Scotland 2 - 2 then beat Poland 5 - 0.  Our reward for finishing top of our group was a match against Germany who finished 3rd amongst Belgium and Turkey. 

Second Round

Spoiler

I hadnt needed to worry as we wiped the floor with them 3 - 0.  Up next we have Spain

QF (if applicable)

Spoiler

In a somewhat even game, we scored twice in the 22nd and 27th minute to have a handy lead but Spain managed to turn the game around and pegged one back in the 34th minute and equalised in injury time of the first half. We then went behind 10 minutes after the break in a complete turnaround.  I had to change things up and we found a goal with 10 minutes left.  So extra time it goes and it was quite a dull affair with both teams quite withdrawn.  In penalties, Spain went first and missed the first two to give me some relief, we didnt miss any so the journey continues.  In the semis we have surprise packet Slovenia

SF (if applicable)

Spoiler

I had to change the line up a little to accommodate for the extra time last game and it no doubt had an impact to the performance. No goals in the first half and Slovenia hit us after the break to take the lead.  I subbed on my starters, something i was not hoping to have to do, but it lifted the team and we equalised right away and then went ahead 2 minutes later.  We then managed the game quite well to reach the final where we face England

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

A disastrous start to the game as my DM gets sent off in the 8th minute!!!  I was furious but at least we achieved the expectations of making the final.  I didnt change the formation but stayed with a 4 - 2 - 2 - 1.  Surprisingly we were the better team and created more chances even with a man down however couldnt take advantage.   We copped a goal to go down 1 - 0 just after the break.  We continued to create the better chances after that but with no luck.  Then Broekhuizen our main man up top scored an equalizer in the 80th minute.  Then out of nowhere, Scannell the Manchester United goalkeeper gifted us an own goal in the last minute of normal time to give us the tournament!!!  Unbelievable 

Screenshot2023-09-24005939.thumb.png.9af4bb3ba319af4a2e90746871011123.png

Edited by SkiIIs

image.png.f16c3734447f682c71ffe6d5058d15ee.png

2062 World Cup - Holland

Coming off winning the Euros, the International League and the Euro/SAM Super Cup against Argentina, we headed into the World Cup with the majority of the team that won me the Euros.  However we did lose our two starting centre backs via retirement and we were a little thin at the back.  Our midfield and attacking options were still stacked.

We had an easy group of New Zealand and Nigeria who we beat 7 - 0 and 5 - 1 respectively.  In the Second round we were given a tricky opponent in Colombia. 

Second Round

Spoiler

we were just flat this game with no bite.  Have no reason for it, our defense was poor and our front 3 werent great either.  We copped a goal in the 53rd minute to former VFL coached striker Denis and that was it.  Knocked out of the tournament before it began

Third Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

definitely getting sacked in the morning

QF (if applicable)

Spoiler

SM (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Not many good options became available after the World Cup.  Nothing in Asia but the South Africa job was the most enticing with the AFCON still required for the challenge

image.png.abff1c31afff34acbb2de25234b071fc.png

2063 AFCON - South Africa

The team I've inherited is quite good, they've won the AFCON twice during the save back in 2045 and 2049 so its been a good 14 years since the last triumph. We've got really good attacking options, a decent midfield and two good central defenders.  Our full backs and DM are probably the weak spots.

I think im going really close to double figures in attempts to win this trophy so would love to get this one finally completed!

Our group consisted of Uganda, Cameroon and Guinea so not the easiest of groups.  Up first was Uganda where we won easily 4 - 0.  Next was Cameroon where we had 30 shots to 1 but drew the game.  We scored in the 86th but they equalised with their only shot of the game in the 88th min. It meant we only needed a draw against Guinea to top the group.  I rested a few players and it kinda showed in the first half as we went into the break a goal down.  I brought on my main players and went more attacking and so we managed to score 2 to lead. Guinea scored an equaliser in the 92nd minute to draw the game.  Cameroon won their game so the 3 of us finished even on 5 points but we topped the group thanks to goal difference. We get Mali in the second round.

Second Round

Spoiler

wiped the floor with them 6 - 1.  The fun now begins with Nigeria in the QF

QF (if applicable)

Spoiler

Nigeria started off well and went ahead in the 16th minute.  That woke us up a bit and we scored immediately back then went ahead 7 minutes later.   We then had the sealer disallowed for offside in the 63rd minute as we desperately wanted that 2 goal lead.  Nigeria were then given a penalty in the 78th minute which was dispatched by Etebo so on to extra time it was.  A really nervous extra time period by both teams meant for very little chances and so on to penalties it goes. Nigeria missed their second and third penalties (Etebo) as we only missed our 3rd to keep our chances alive.  in the semis we face Senegal

SF (if applicable)

Spoiler

a much required comfortable 3 - 0 win and go into the final against Ivory Coast the 9th best ranked team in the world 

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Contrast to what happened when i was managing Holland in the Euro final, Ivory Coast copped a red card in the 19th minute which gave us the ascendancy. We were creating a lot of chances and kept them to only 3 shots for the full game.  We ended up scoring the only goal 2 minutes into injury time of the first half to become champions!   Only two more tournaments to go!

Screenshot2023-09-26110001.thumb.png.adbc422dbc2693576ee529d77c2079d6.png

image.png.ba6d980ca48b46cd42faec25cbccd561.png

Edited by SkiIIs

Had to wait a year for the euros and Copa to finish for any decent job to become available.  Holland, Brazil and France were the appealing jobs that came up and i was unsuccessful for each of them.  I kinda understood the Holland rejection as that was still a little fresh but surprised i didnt get the other two.     

Anyone know why or have any tips on international management?

Anyhow, the Belgium manager was poached by France and Belgium offered me the role so i obligingly took it with no other options available. They were knocked out by eventual winners Spain in the Quarters and are ranked 8th in the world.  Not sure how to be honest as they seem to be on the decline with a really aged squad.

Just adding that I also was just unsuccessful with the England job which suddenly became available as their previous manager took the helm at Benfica.  Do i need to managing in club land?

Edited by SkiIIs

New Job

spacer.png

spacer.png

Current League Table . Competition Overview

So after 8 months of waiting I have finally got a job in South Africa. During this time I have turned down the PSG, Liverpool & Arsenal jobs, and the England job at an International level. This is going to be a real long slog. The dissapointing thing about the South African league is that only the top team qualifies for the Champions League. Now it's not out of the question that we could go on a remarkable run and somehow put together a title run together, but the reality is that probably isn't going to happen. So the main aim this season is to try and win the Nedbank Cup and get that objective ticked off. Next season we will try and win the league and qualify for the Champions League. Then hopefully the third season will be our final one and we can win the Champions League. Thats the plan anyway......

Things are going very well with Ivory Coast. We have qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations in 2029, and are topping our World Cup qualifying group. There isn't a lot really happening in International Management, apart from trying to convince players to start representing us. No look so far however.

Stellenbosch Season Review

download.png.33a906ec88fab49ea2e615be641c7acb.png

Competitions

image.thumb.png.eb9182a91992174e3c9f639e131166ff.png

image.thumb.png.cb53d7e65299d48ef9544259e354d7a5.png

A lovely cup run got us the Nedbank & Telkom Knockout cup double. 

image.thumb.png.7ad65f1a0b8e661b3d21f90db84c79d3.png

image.thumb.png.6394756830378f026458234bc5bc5aaa.png

image.thumb.png.62d464158a575385c3ce0eaa0f3daed4.png

I would of won the league if it wasn't for Kaizer Chiefs who won the league with 4 points more then us.

Hopefully next season will be a better one.

Career Overview

31/32   Charlotte FC/Mexico  USA         MLS                                                  5th    Won the MLS Cup & U.S Open Cup

32/33  Charlotte/Mexico         USA         MLS                                                  9th    Won The Gold Cup

33/34  Charlotte                      USA          MLS                                                 10th   Won The NACL

34/35  Stellenbosch       South Africa    DSTV Premiership                         2nd   Won Telkom & Nedbank Cup Double

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 Domestic Cups - Chilean Cup, Brazilian Cup, Chinese Cup, U.S Open Cup, Nedbank Cup, 

3/5 Club Continential Competitions - Copa Libertadores, Asian Champions League, North American Champions League, 

International

0/1 World Tournements